As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's the All-New Vanilla-Flavoured CF Secret Santa 2011!

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Sharp101 wrote:
    Dang. Now I feel like my gift was inadequate.

Some people go above and beyond. I wouldn't buy that much stuff for a friend I knew in real life, never mind someone online. So don't beat yourself up over it :P
    My very first Secret Santa I sent my Santee a 750 point tyranid army, complete with converted carnifex and broodlord, but that was because I'd been pondering what to do with the ridiculous amount of excess nids I had.

This year, I just shipped direct to my Santee because there weapons of choice were not something I could paint, match, or convert on my own.

I am uberenvious of Nax, though. That sure nust makeup for a couple of those deadbeat assholes you were saddled with!

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Wow, nice haul Nax, I'm just a touch jealous.
    Not that much though, I'm more concerned about getting a nice gift for my Santee then what I get.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    This just makes me scared if I get Nax for next time.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Yeah, I definitely had some super deadbeat assholes, thats for sure :P You guys made up for that last year though. I think, basically, all of this forums goodwill reset my deadbeat-Santa mojo, and now I'm normal like everyone else... I just got a very, very generous Santa :P

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Wow, my Secret Santa is a badass. Already got my gift of the Assault on Black Reach starter set for WH40k! No pictures at the moment (as my camera is jank), and no card to let me know who to specifically thank, but thanks!

Now I gotta get mine done and sent...

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Dear Santee, when you get my Amazon delivery, since I have never ordered something and had it sent to someone else by Amazon before, please disregard all of my personal information. :)

Since you've mentioned this several times over, I'm beginning to believe you were my Secret Santa. If so, thanks so much it's awesome!

• TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Alazull wrote:
    Dear Santee, when you get my Amazon delivery, since I have never ordered something and had it sent to someone else by Amazon before, please disregard all of my personal information. :)

Since you've mentioned this several times over, I'm beginning to believe you were my Secret Santa. If so, thanks so much it's awesome!

Oops, I'm your santa Alazull. I thought I put my a little note on the receipt thing with my forum name! I hope it gets your 40k off the ground!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
      Santee,

Are you there?
      Your item was delivered at 12:01 pm on November 17, 2011 in [redacted].

TimFiji wrote:
      Alazull wrote:

Oops, I'm your santa Alazull. I thought I put my a little note on the receipt thing with my forum name! I hope it gets your 40k off the ground!

Oh, awesome! Yeah, there wasn't any receipt in the box or anything, but it totally will get me started in the hobby. Hopefully you get something equally as awesome dude.

Vanguard wrote:
      Santee,

Are you there?
      Guess it wasn't me!

Vanguard wrote:
      Santee,

Are you there?

So, here I was, coming home from a pretty nice day out. Pleasant dinner with my mother, and then afterwards went and helped one of my friends ring in his birthday with dessert and a little booze. I come home ready to wind down and catch up on the forums...

What is this? A package?? For me?????

Excellent, newspaper! Just what I always wanted, something to burn and keep back winter's chill! Wait....what's that beneath it....?

BY THE LAWGIVER!

But who.....who was responsible for this wondrous providence....?

Ah-ha, a missive....!

1st Half

2nd Half

A thousand and one blessings on you and yours, High Exemplar Vanguard, truly you have done Menoth's work!

Hail Hydra
    • susansusan Registered User regular
      ...OK, Vanguard, now you're just trying to make the rest of us look lazy. Not cool man, not cool. ...Unless you get me next year...

:P

2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
      2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
      Yea, what's with a bunch of people steppin' up they game? When it was just Gabe I could handle it.

Yah, I know, I'm looking at this going "Shit, I gotta my Santee at least this good"

Hail Hydra
    • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
      Don't worry guys, I'm going to send my santee a box full of empty sprues just to lower the average

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
      I'm quite glad I'm not participating this year if that is the standard. :P

• CF SANTACF SANTA Registered User regular
      Get back to your workdesk, minion.

santasig.jpg
    • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
      edited November 2011
      But it was my first time!

...please don't send me a box of empty sprues.
      I'll send lots of toy soldiers next year, too.

Vanguard on
      edited November 2011
      Guess what showed up today???? One of these guys!!!!! Thank you Secret Santa (didn't see your info anywhere on the product, so I've got no idea who you are)! I actually have a Tournament tomorrow I was bringing my Circle to, so I shall be gluing him together within the hour to go wreck some face :) !

susan on
      So awesome. That is one of my favorite sculpts from PP.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
      The rest shipped today, Susan. You should be getting it soon. Sorry it couldn't have made it for the tournament also.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    • see317see317 Registered User regular
      Someone's got to kill the awesome curve.
      I'm shipping late, and stepping on the box before I mail it.

The rest shipped today, Susan. You should be getting it soon. Sorry it couldn't have made it for the tournament also.

...Wait, there's more? Excellent... :) Many, many thanks valhalla!!!! I'll post the rest when they arrive :) .

To my Santee:
      2011/11/18
      19:51 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
      03:47 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility

Not sure what that means; were you not home earlier today, person who doesn't know I'm talking specifically to them yet?

• Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
      I'm going to assume that's me since I don't think anyone else is in the GTA :P

I checked the mail when I got home but it might not show up until monday if it doesn't actually say "delivered". I'll check with the concierge first thing tomorrow morning.

(Excited!)

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
      susan wrote:

...Wait, there's more? Excellent... :) Many, many thanks valhalla!!!! I'll post the rest when they arrive :)

Only one thing more. But I hope you like it.

BTW, I think Santa has a sense of humor in making you my Santee. lol

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
      see317 wrote:
      Someone's got to kill the awesome curve.
      I'm shipping late, and stepping on the box before I mail it.

I like how this is a race to the bottom now. Here's my bad gift idea: make a "macaroni" holiday card with leftover bits and sprues.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
      susan wrote:

...Wait, there's more? Excellent... :) Many, many thanks valhalla!!!! I'll post the rest when they arrive :) .

To my Santee:
      2011/11/18
      19:51 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
      03:47 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility

Not sure what that means; were you not home earlier today, person who doesn't know I'm talking specifically to them yet?
      It means that it showed up at the postal facility and is going through the processing and logging. It'll say out for delivery and not delivered if someone wasn't home.

2011/11/21 13:14 MISSISSAUGA Item successfully delivered

edited November 2011
      susan wrote:
      2011/11/21 13:14 MISSISSAUGA Item successfully delivered

Dude! This game looks awesome!

susan got me Survive: Escape from Atlantis. I really like trying new board games and this game looks like fun. I'm going to get some friends together as soon as I can to try it out.

It seems this game originally came out in 1982 and was only recently reprinted? Very cool.

Sharp101 on
      Hope you like it :) . It does work best with a full group of friends who naturally tend towards stabbing eachother in the back, and is simple enough to play with a few drinks and snacks and the like. It's one of my girlfriend's favorites, though she does threaten to break up every time I wipe out one of her boats...

The people I play games with all really enjoy fucking eachother over in games, so this should be a blast. I'm going to read though the rules later tonight to see how it plays.

In related news: A Tharn Ravager Whitemane showed up in my mail today, courtesy of valhalla130 :) . This and the Stalker just made my lists a whole lot deadlier, Val; when I'm cutting through swaths of infantry and my opponent is crying, I'll think of you and smile :) .

Glad to hear it. I know absolutely nothing about Warmachine.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    • see317see317 Registered User regular
      So, if you're holding off waiting for black friday, I just got this e-mail from Maelstrom with a code for 17% off for the next 10 days...

Hi there,

It's Chriiiiiistmaaaaaas in 2011 - how quick has this year gone - and here at Maelstrom Games, www.maelstromgames.co.uk, we're all happy and jolly and everything. Santa's coming and we'd like to make him arrive a bit quicker by giving you a superb 17% off UK RRP voucher from today for ten days! How cool is that!

YOUR CHRISTMAS VOUCHER
      It's a great chance to grab yourself all those lovely new ranges we've brought in over the past couple of years since our expansion as well as all your old favourites! It will work on all the items within our webstore, but:

- not on any Kingdom Death items
      - not on any Studio McVey items
      - not on any Seeds of War items
      - not on any Too Fat Lardies items
      - and additionally, not on anything within our eBay store.

Apart from the above, the voucher will work on pre-orders and, crucially, you'll still earn Moneyback - although tiered discounts are disabled when using a voucher of course.

Your voucher code is: ITS-CHRISTMAS-2011

To use this voucher simply register on the webstore, www.maelstromgames.co.uk (if you haven't already), copy and paste the code into the Voucher field in your basket when you have selected the items you want, press 'REDEEM', and the webstore will do the rest. You are not limited to one purchase and, indeed, we would ask you to recommend us to your friends with this voucher!

Remember though that this voucher is intended for the webstore only - it does not apply to any of our auctions or shop inventory items on eBay.

Happy Ordering!

Maelstrom is slow as fuck though. I bought my Santee's gifts on the 9th from stuff that was all listed as 'in stock' and it still hasn't shipped yet. :P

• CF SANTACF SANTA Registered User regular
      Santa has an unrelated announcement to make also.

I've been running CF Santa for two or three years now since taking it over from the last CF Santa, but as the poster that is my secret identity is using CF and indeed PA less and less I feel it's time to pass on the holly-coated torch.

I'd therefore like to invite anyone who feels that they could and would like to take over the organising of CF Santa to shoot me a PM, please. Obviously the handover wouldn't take place until after this season's run, though.

santasig.jpg
      I will be the most overt of santas. Also trading names for gifts.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
      The parts I ordered for my santee's gift arrived today!
      Now to assemble, paint and get them back in the postal system.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
      My gift should reach my santee tomorrow or the day after.

I went the lazy route and ordered something that is being shipped directly to my Santee. It should arrive sometime next week.