As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATTLEFIELD 3] Open Beta out now

• Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    Pfft dust, dust2 was where it's at.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Lepwave wrote:
    Pfft dust, dust2 was where it's at.

Metro 2: Metro Harder

Metro 2: The son of the Metro

Metro 2: The subway strikes back

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Here's the story of Assault in BF3, and why it shouldn't automatically throw health packs. Super wide spoiler'd.

Also, don't expect Caspian anymore.
    Still wondering if the Caspian Border multiplayer map will eventually become available to the public during the Beta? It seems like the answer is a definite no. Of course, it is the opinion of many that this map provides a true Battlefield experience with its many vehicles and wide open terrain. However, Tornay stated on Twitter that “We can either put work into that [making it public] or into the final product – which would you prefer?”

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    God, that happens to me all the fucking time. I thought I was the only one.

Edit: What work? The map was already public, just passworded!

Suriko on
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I think they mean a full system wide release, which means Microshit reviewing and all that other crap.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    PC only getting Caspian = Consoleros buy more MW3!

YOU CAN NOT FAULT MY LOGIC!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Klyka wrote:
    PC only getting Caspian = Consoleros buy more MW3!

YOU CAN NOT FAULT MY LOGIC!

Hey, I don't see a problem with giving the PC top notch beta service and letting the console crowd roll around in their own old build feces on this one, but I guess Dice is apparently far nicer than I am.

For the record, I own a PS3, 360, and Wii, so nobody start up with the PC elitist accusations. :3

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Here's the story of Assault in BF3, and why it shouldn't automatically throw health packs. Super wide spoiler'd.

This so annoys the shit out of me.

• Options
    dieharddiehard Registered User new member
    lol at that tank bug video. The beta is pretty fun.

• Options
    TzenTzen Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote:

This so annoys the shit out of me.

Also, the grenade launcher grenades should have proximity protection JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE. I love running up to downed man and hitting 3 instead of 4 and then reflexively hitting the LMB and fucking blowing myself up before realizing I pulled out the launcher instead of the defib.

• Options
    wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular

Also, don't expect Caspian anymore.

Happens to me all the time.

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    The same applies to Support but with cover.

"I'll just set up here with my ammo a-"

*Cover explodes*

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    You know, I am a bit surprised about one thing.
    Before playing the game for the first time, I thought the whole bipod thing with you setting up behind a wall/crate/whatever would be really awesome. But it turns out that 95% of the time, it's a fucking death trap. Is it just me or does your soldier just not stay in cover enough?

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I've found some good spots with the bipod, but to be perfectly honest if I was in the same spot with another gun I'd probably do just as well. The machineguns don't seem to offer anything more than a bigger magazine which is suprisingly not that big of a deal when enemies die of two bullets

I also thought they'd be extra good with suppression, but they're not at all.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    Don't they provide suppression?

• Options
    Klyka wrote:
    Before playing the game for the first time, I thought the whole bipod thing with you setting up behind a wall/crate/whatever would be really awesome. But it turns out that 95% of the time, it's a fucking death trap. Is it just me or does your soldier just not stay in cover enough?

Everything after the park is a support playground. Up top is kind of a hooker to find a good bipod spot in, but there are a few. I usually run around as not support during the first part tbh.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Klyka wrote:

Being in cover means you're a stationary target, since any competent player can just snap-aim at your exposed head and kill you instantly. Or shoot rockets at your cover and blow you to hell.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    They are cool to use to shut down certain sections of a map and they do suppress it's just...I don't know.
    I would really like to try and play a Recon-Support tag team.
    The right tunnel entrance (from the defense's perspective) would be great for that. The support sets up behind the cover and just keeps spraying his 200 shot magazine at the opening while the Recon picks off any snipers that try to kill the Support. It should work!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    I use a LMG, with a Holo, grip, the suppression bonus spec, and laser.

I'd like to think that it would make it hard as fuck to snipe with the blurred vision and red light in the face... I'd like to think that.

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    MAV + C4 = DERKA DERKA ALLAH JIHAD EVE bot.

Fucking hysterical.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular

Fucking hysterical.

Has anyone tried to take out MCOMs with just damage yet? I'm wondering if that still works of if they fixed that.

• Options
    iRevert wrote:

Fucking hysterical.

Has anyone tried to take out MCOMs with just damage yet? I'm wondering if that still works of if they fixed that.

Can only kill MCOMs with a planted charge.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I'm fairly certain you can't. They don't have health bars of any kind when you blow up C4 on them.

EDIT Damage them, that is.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    DICE has said that they never want MCOMs to be damageable again and that no MCOM will ever be placed in a building that can be dropped on it.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    This does not mean that the derka derka EVE is any less effective against clumps of snipers.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    failed attempt at knife fight on retard island

http://youtu.be/4q0GQ0a2pEQ

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    "retard island" is the perfect name for that place.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Klyka wrote:

The EVE nuke was dropped a few times on a couple of snipers on said island.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Klyka wrote:

I love it so much that that is possible, but I am also afraid well see way too many C4 robots/drones on the maps in retail.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    pabhpabh Registered User regular
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    The worst part about throwing medkits/ammobox is that after you throw the box on the ground, your guy takes out a second box and just stands there holding it for like a second before switching to back to the weapon

edit: Viking robot is my hero

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Klyka wrote:
    Klyka wrote:

I love it so much that that is possible, and I am so excited at the prospect of so many C4 robots/drones on the maps in retail.

FTFY.

Suriko on
  • Options
    AuberonAuberon Registered User regular
    Viking robot guy sounds like Dr Strangelove. It's like he's being wheeled around on the robot itself.

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    pabh wrote:
    don't know if this has been posted yet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6VBG22ZBz4

omg That's just perfect.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
    This is how baby robots are born.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Best moment of the beta so far: Dude tried to knife me in the back for the instant kill but was too far to the side, runs past me in his attempt to knife where I promptly get the instant kill backstab on him.

2nd Best: Charging into the 2A MCOM room, emptying my AR and getting 2 kills before switching to my pistol killing 3 more, THEN reloading the pistol to kill the last 2, plant the charge and the cavalry arrives to lend a hand.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote:
    Best moment of the beta so far: Dude tried to knife me in the back for the instant kill but was too far to the side, runs past me in his attempt to knife where I promptly get the instant kill backstab on him.

2nd Best: Charging into the 2A MCOM room, emptying my AR and getting 2 kills before switching to my pistol killing 3 more, THEN reloading the pistol to kill the last 2, plant the charge and the cavalry arrives to lend a hand.

Wow. Honestly, as funny as that first one is, I find the second one more amazing. That there is some good shootin'.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    There is currently a 32 player, passworded, custom Caspian Border server online :(

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Cobalt60 wrote:

I had a similar one to that, except it involved me crouched in the corner of the same room unloading my extended mag 870 into the doorway until nothing was left but a body pileup in the doorway. I was on defense and those motherfuckers just kept on coming. That flechette ammo is amazing, I swear to god.

Warcry on
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:
    There is currently a 32 player, passworded, custom Caspian Border server online :(

Don't complain, it's passworded because they're hard at work on the game. :rotate:

EH28YFo.jpg