As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Lana del Rey appreciation: Hollywood [chat]core

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Yeah, unfortunately the game's player base dwindled and it no longer became profitable to run the games servers. And the game needed those servers. Because I send 10 seconds of orders to my units, you send 10 seconds of orders to your units, both of these orders are sent to the server, the server figures out how these two sets of orders play out against each other, and the results get sent back to both of us.

So, no servers, no game :(

was this the one that sort of looked like x-com?

steam_sig.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Check out the second reply to the first status on this page.

https://www.facebook.com/jeremiah

Good timing.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    @Preacher, you will be proud of me for what I'm finally watching.

Hint: "You're the disease, and I'm the cure."

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Yeah the lead designer had done the x-com games.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Who is Jeremiah Cook? Should I know?!?!

Inquisitor wrote:
    Yeah the lead designer had done the x-com games.

i think i may have tried to play it once but didn't have the attention span to give it a full go. apparently i saved myself heart ache.

also were you the person who I talked about Bushido Blade with?

steam_sig.png
    Ya'll want to play the game of kings. The sport of Emperors and demons alike. It is Warlocks.

I can bust those moves in real time, but I was pretty baller.

It's like chess only you cast fireballs, summons monsters and charm the enemy. It was usually 1v1.

http://games.ravenblack.net/

Legitimately, the 2nd best game I've ever played behind chess for solid mechanical foundation. It really could be chess in an alternate timeline.

Quite possibly DUE.

My friends and I actually cracked open my old copy the other day and had some good laughs.

If I got all of chat into warlocks, I don't even know how happy I'd be. I'd probably just die and ascend to a new plane. I haven't played in years though.

Ya'll want to play the game of kings. The sport of Emperors and demons alike. It is Warlocks.

I can bust those moves in real time, but I was pretty baller.

It's like chess only you cast fireballs, summons monsters and charm the enemy. It was usually 1v1.

http://games.ravenblack.net/

Legitimately, the 2nd best game I've ever played behind chess for solid mechanical foundation. It really could be chess in an alternate timeline.

God I wish you could have played LSN. Skim that guide I linked to have your mind blown.

If I got all of chat into warlocks, I don't even know how happy I'd be. I'd probably just die and ascend to a new plane. I haven't played in years though.

Is it still active? I'll give it the old college try at some point at least once.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Everyone should play Warlocked.

It's a stripped-down clone of Warcraft for the Gameboy Color, featuring terrible voice samples and sprite flicker issues. It was so damn awesome though. I loved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSJ5oOmZnbE

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    Inquisitor wrote:

Is it still active? I'll give it the old college try at some point at least once.

Yes, you can still play it.

Inquisitor wrote:
    Quite possibly DUE.

My friends and I actually cracked open my old copy the other day and had some good laughs.

am i just living on fond memories?

steam_sig.png
    But the wizard is undeterred!

steam_sig.png
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    castle are you watching Matrix for the first time

sig.gif
  • Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I'm pretty happy that WB decided the best way to revive Looney Tunes was to allow some goofy animators with a smartassed sense of humor to go to town on it. I know it could have been so much worse.

Fatboy Roberts on
    hm cant find the cd that came with my graphics card.

whoops! screen still yellow and internet not working. ethernet port isn't giving me anything at all. no good.

steam_sig.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I should play Alpha Protocol.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Yeah, that thing is fantastic.

Also, Elki, wow! Wow! That's pretty great.

rRwz9.gif
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Thomamelas wrote:

This!

rRwz9.gif
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:

This!

I installed it, I just need to hit play.

Elki wrote:
    Check out the second reply to the first status on this page.

https://www.facebook.com/jeremiah

Good timing.

also, dicks'll get you donuts that that kid thinks of himself as one of the "visionaries"

rRwz9.gif
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    also inqui if you are around i went into work for 2 and a half freaking hours

the reason i went in is that a big deadline was COB friday and I asked my boss if i could bail early to go to happy hour and finish over the weekend

he said yes

i came in and found an email awaiting me from mr gold buyer that basically said

"I changed this thing for aesthetic reasons and I'm sure it broke your stuff. FYI."

You do not leave the build broken in the middle of a delivery you fucking moron

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    wow that guy got owned pretty hard

sig.gif
    okay found that cd. i am going to be so pissed if I put the the border thing on the back panel of the mother board on improperly.

if that's preventing the ethernet cable from fully connecting i'll have to take the whole thing apart. whooo buddy.

then again i guess that beats all alternatives since it's a rather simple solution.

steam_sig.png
    Alpha Protocol is cheap! $11.49 on Amazon. I just need to buy something else to qualify for free shipping.

What's a good graphic novel?

smCQ5WE.jpg
    The youtube rabbit hole brought on by DUE's Merrie Melodies clip brought me to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TAs_6LGa6Q

oh damn. screen is still yellow tinted after updating the drivers.

and the ethernet isn't working.

fuck fuck.

steam_sig.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    DUE, you're running Windows 7 hopefully? Try typing "color" into the taskbar search and click on Color Management. It sounds like the color profile for your monitor is fucked up.

Also don't install video drivers from a CD. Let Windows do it for you (if you're running 7) or download them from AMD/NVIDIA.

The youtube rabbit hole brought on by DUE's Merrie Melodies clip brought me to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TAs_6LGa6Q

Click-through

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYen-3VU2Q

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Wait.

The reason why Arrested Development came up earlier was because it's COMING THE FUCK BACK TO TV AND THE MOVIE IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING?

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    "I changed this thing for aesthetic reasons and I'm sure it broke your stuff. FYI."

You do not leave the build broken in the middle of a delivery you fucking moron

I hope tracking down his commit was easy so you could remove it.

Wow, I'm raging really hard at your misfortune. I want to punch this guy in the face.

Why isn't there a code freeze with the exception of major functionality?

Fuck that guy is a dick.

So long as Paramount/Fox/Netflix can come through with a financing arrangement - yes.

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    why are Ioprey hides so hard to find

gimme your skin, damnit

JKKaAGp.png
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I will pay Netflix/Qwikster whatever money they want for infinity if they make this AD thing happen.

gorillaSig.jpg
    Sarksus wrote:
    DUE, you're running Windows 7 hopefully? Try typing "color" into the taskbar search and click on Color Management. It sounds like the color profile for your monitor is fucked up.

Also don't install video drivers from a CD. Let Windows do it for you (if you're running 7) or download them from AMD/NVIDIA.

cant download. no internets.

yeah i'm on win 7.

steam_sig.png
    Sarksus wrote:

cant download. no internets.

yeah i'm on win 7.

Is your Ethernet off your motherboard or did you install a separate card.

This discussion has been closed.