As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lana del Rey appreciation: Hollywood [chat]core

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Elki wrote:
    Alpha Protocol is cheap! $11.49 on Amazon. I just need to buy something else to qualify for free shipping.

What's a good graphic novel?

Have you read Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run? Or perhaps the original Suicide Squad run?

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I ain't learning anything from a videogame.

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    And as I say that, I manage to get the one left I needed

thank you pig sheep

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Elks, for some reason, I'm surprised you don't have Prime.

gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Elki wrote:
    Alpha Protocol is cheap! $11.49 on Amazon. I just need to buy something else to qualify for free shipping.

Have you read Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run? Or perhaps the original Suicide Squad run?

The search results for that are kinda confusing.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    DUE, you're running Windows 7 hopefully? Try typing "color" into the taskbar search and click on Color Management. It sounds like the color profile for your monitor is fucked up.

Also don't install video drivers from a CD. Let Windows do it for you (if you're running 7) or download them from AMD/NVIDIA.

cant download. no internets.

yeah i'm on win 7.

Is your Ethernet off your motherboard or did you install a separate card.

it is off my mobo.

so on closer inspection the actually ethernet jack may be dead.

i just tried to see if my PS3 would give me a result and nope.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Is there some way to make the camera not suddenly flip backwards on me?

• Options
    Elki wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Elki wrote:

Which one?

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    "I changed this thing for aesthetic reasons and I'm sure it broke your stuff. FYI."

You do not leave the build broken in the middle of a delivery you fucking moron

I hope tracking down his commit was easy so you could remove it.

Wow, I'm raging really hard at your misfortune. I want to punch this guy in the face.

Why isn't there a code freeze with the exception of major functionality?

Fuck that guy is a dick.

It was actually pretty easy to fix, he changed a couple string member variables to enums so we wouldn't be relying on string compares. Which broke my constructor calls in other projects.

The issue is just that if I didn't come in over the weekend then anyone coming in on Monday would find the spiral we're supposed to have finished friday to be a huge batch of doesn't build.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    DUE, you're running Windows 7 hopefully? Try typing "color" into the taskbar search and click on Color Management. It sounds like the color profile for your monitor is fucked up.

Also don't install video drivers from a CD. Let Windows do it for you (if you're running 7) or download them from AMD/NVIDIA.

yeah i'm on win 7.

it is off my mobo.

should i go to wal-mart and buy a wireless dongle?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    gundam470 wrote:
    Elks, for some reason, I'm surprised you don't have Prime.

I lost my credit card on the way back from vacation, and never bothered updating my info on Amazon because I haven't ordered anything in the past two months. I'll re-up before Battlefield 3 comes out.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Elki wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Elki wrote:

Which one?

Oh, right. Swamp thing.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

yeah i'm on win 7.

it is off my mobo.

Well, that is your decision. If the Ethernet port is really dead then RMAing it would be my recommendation but then of course you wouldn't have a computer anymore.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    i am so tired

and i can tell im drunk bewcaise i am sweating like a something theat sweats a lot

like qa whole lot

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    How much sweat, Elldren.

• Options
    oh and sarks I messed around a bit in color management and I still can't get the display to look. . .right. I am not able to a articulate what is wrong but it seems to have an odd tint. The actual menus that pop up on the monitor are all properly colored so at least I know it's not my monitor.

I can try plugging another monitor up through the mini HDMI to test the vga to dvi adaptor i suppose. hm.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Elki wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Elki wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Elki wrote:

Which one?

Oh, right. Swamp thing.

You want this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Saga-Swamp-Thing-Book-One/dp/1401220835/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1317621141&sr=8-4

Most of the Swamp Thing collections don't include Moore's first issue for some reason. This one does.

• Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

yeah i'm on win 7.

it is off my mobo.

Well, that is your decision. If the Ethernet port is really dead then RMAing it would be my recommendation but then of course you wouldn't have a computer anymore.

No i mean what's coming from the wall. That's called a jack right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    yes test things like that when you are able, DUE

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Quite possibly DUE.

My friends and I actually cracked open my old copy the other day and had some good laughs.

am i just living on fond memories?

Nope! It's still a one of a kind rad as hell game.

• Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

yeah i'm on win 7.

it is off my mobo.

It's possible your home is wired for Ethernet. Or that's a phone jack.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    since my lead wouldnt even slap mr gold buyer on the wrist when he resolved a disagreement we had by trying to start an edit war in the code, i don't imagine there's anything to be gained by complaining

my buddy and i have resolved to just keep our heads down and try to fix stuff as quickly as he breaks it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Ohhh. Uh, well you would see an Ethernet jack in a building or house that's been specifically wired with Ethernet connectivity. Normally what's in the wall is a coaxial cable or a phone line. Do you have actual Ethernet jacks?

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    How much sweat, Elldren.

so muxch

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Elldren wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    How much sweat, Elldren.

so muxch

That sounds like a lot.

• Options
    'your island? You mean Ireland?'

sig.gif
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

yeah i'm on win 7.

it is off my mobo.

So turns out. This building is now wireless only and all of the wired connections are just for aesthetics.

good to know. good to know.

god damn kids and their laptops.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Elldren wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    How much sweat, Elldren.

so muxch

Are you sweating like a pig? An animal that doesn't actually sweat much but we use in the colloquialism?

• Options
    Then definitely either get a wireless dongle or better yet a wireless expansion card you can plug into your motherboard.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

yeah i'm on win 7.

it is off my mobo.

So turns out. This building is now wireless only and all of the wired connections are just for aesthetics.

When I'm doing interior design, I often find myself saying "This room needs more wall plates with RJ-11 or RJ-45 connectors in them."

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    This warlock game sounds kind of obtuse. But maybe the guides are just written poorly.

• Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Then definitely either get a wireless dongle or better yet a wireless expansion card you can plug into your motherboard.

I just want to build one computer where I get it done right the first time. Just once. :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    hmm

I don't know why but despite both classes covering very similar subjects and concepts, I much prefer my Mathematical Modeling class to my Applied Differential Equations class. The difference is between professors, I guess!

• Options
    Oh sweet, I had $11 in gift card money. Totally forgot about it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

yeah i'm on win 7.

it is off my mobo.

When I'm doing interior design, I often find myself saying "This room needs more wall plates with RJ-11 or RJ-45 connectors in them."

I said cat-5 cable once and everyone looked at me like some sort of antique.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote:

I just want to build one computer where I get it done right the first time. Just once. :(

i am also starting to think that the vidja card isn't in all the way.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

yeah i'm on win 7.

it is off my mobo.

I said cat-5 cable once and everyone looked at me like some sort of antique.

When I was in high school I ran Cat3 for some stuff. Even ran some vampire taps for co-ax.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Elki, get All-Star Superman with that $11

I cannot emphasize this enough

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    pan cookies are in the oven

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Sarksus wrote:

i am also starting to think that the vidja card isn't in all the way.

oh shit it's my vga cable.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.