As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

City of Heroes: Freedom (probably nsf56k)

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I am very very tempted to buy Plasma Rifle, Time stuff, and Rocket Board for a guy

• WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    ROCKET BOARD IS SO GOOD!
    The PeopleWhoPayedTooMuchForOneGame can tell you that traveling through this city used to suck ass. But as soon as all of the idiots went to go attempt Champions, it slowly got to the point where that might as well have been a different game.
    You can Fly (not Hover, FLY) at Level4 now. Buying a Rocket Board, lets you start in the tutorial. Would I pay actual money for it? Maybe not. But the fact that you can reliably Rocketboard everywhere til like...level 10? before it feels like you're at a crawl is pretty damn sweet.
    And Beam Rifle is about as amazing as you might think. Getting to take a Damage tic debuff, and then turn that into an AOE damage tic debuff, while you possibly have an actual AOE and your standard single target attack, all before level 10? Yes please.

hmm anyone know why I can add a cape onto new characters I make, but the first one I make capes are still locked?

• Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    You have to buy them in the store. You may have shoulder capes unlocked it's a tier 4 reward.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Wex how much have you spent on this game over the years

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I have spent too much money on this damned game also

luckily I kept finding the special editions for like $20

Yeah I had the year unlocks, Then spent $20. And I could spend more, but I won't.

Hows Brute as a class? It seems slow so far. Also can I keep this downloading when I'm not playing?

brute is pretty great

most archetypes that aren't squids, stalkers and defenders are pretty good

• Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    my claws/wp brute is so good that it is gross like egg on your shoe

My pink ranger is sword/shield brute. she is also the best.

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Hope they get enough money from this new free to play model to release a new expansion. Going Rogue, specifically the Paragon City starting area, was really good. They did some great stuff with the writing in story missions. Playing a hero only out for maximum glory was a ton of fun.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Okay, I know what I'm doing when I get home from work: I'm reinstalling this game and possibly putting in a renewed subscription.

With the fat pipes we got at home, it should be ready to play by the afternoon.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    So I found out what happens when you do an instance when you don't have stage 4 all the way downloaded. Its motion sickness. Thats what happens

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I think I had about 48 months worth of veteran rewards, before I quit. What tier should that add up to?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    I made a Beam Rifle/Kinetics corruptor called MORE DAKKA about an hour ago

He is wonderful

orkses.jpg

I don't know where the hell that stunty came from but he has good timing

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I made a guy who looked sorta like a guy from Tron and named him End O. Line but that was mostly because by the time I got done creating him I didn't actually like him any more

Heh, I just remembered a brute I made in 08: a badly mutated Obama clone that I named An Obamanation.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    hahahahahahahaha

My pink Power Ranger lady is now level 11.

• HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    Oh wow, I should sign back on if it's free to play. Freedom is where I had my highest level character.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
    I hope they do the Halloween Event this year, thats a good way to get loads of XP

• DJP3710DJP3710 Registered User regular
    Whee Virtue. Also, Praetorian dimension.

Technokinetic Strike was a creation that reminded me just how long it takes to fine-tune a good character appearance in the creator. It also reminded me that I love it so much.

One more hour till I get to go home and start installing this thing.

Yay.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    "stunty"

Bless you warhammer

Apparently Street Justice came out this morning, for 800 funbux or $10 realbux

I will buy it because I am terrible with money and Super Strength didn't quite fit RED Heavy anyway

Remember that if you're making videogame themed heroes, and are actually paying money, you can join the Penny Arcadians SG and be grandfathered in to the overall family of Wang-lovers. That Water Temple room is jaw droppingly intricate.

• grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote:
    I hope they do the Halloween Event this year, thats a good way to get loads of XP

Supposedly the hallowe'en event has been reworked for this year? Believe someone mentioned it in the MMO CoX thread.

CB6: Think with 48 months played you would be complete in tier six and some tokens left for seven (?).

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
    Think I found my Street Justice character!
    DrKickPunch.jpg

• Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    It's all in the mind or so I am told.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
    can someone gimme Dat Inside Scoop on 1-20 Going Rogue content

1) is it fun enough to warrant a playthrough
    2) is it fast
    3) If I'm a loyalist am I necessarily a hero when I come out on the other side, and vice versa
    3.1.) if not, is loyalist or resistance more fun

Doing Praetoria once or twice is pretty baller for the story, but before long you'll reaalize that the content is quite a bit rougher than the isles and Paragon

Not very fast at all

You choose surgery you're a hero or villain at 20 on the way out, ill let someone else explain how it works till then because phone posting sucks

Loyalist Power arcs are best IMO

hmm ok

I want to try a demons/traps MM out, so I guess I have to decide if I want story or speed

bluhgh

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Do you get this Going Rogue stuff as part of VIP or do you still have to buy it?

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I regret taking my travel power at 6. Praetoria's early missions don't take long to get to, and combat is painfully dull with just my Ice Beam, AoE ice, Punch and tazer skills.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    man I'll have to wait two months to get enough bafmodads to buy street justice

xmassig2.gif
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    can someone gimme Dat Inside Scoop on 1-20 Going Rogue content

1) is it fun enough to warrant a playthrough
    2) is it fast
    3) If I'm a loyalist am I necessarily a hero when I come out on the other side, and vice versa
    3.1.) if not, is loyalist or resistance more fun

1. You can do 3-4 playthroughs and not do everything in 1-20 Praetoria. There's four entirely different paths, plus you can choose to do some paths as a spy which opens up different dialogs. It is very good.
    2. Up to you. If you team on everything you'll outlevel it pretty quick. Through you can always sidekick back down or even turn off xp.
    3. Your path has no bearing on which side you choose as you head to Primal Earth. But to give some general equivalencies:

Resistance Warden = Probably the most heroic path, or at least, this is the group Paragon City heroes would be most likely to ally with. Led by Vanessa DeVore, founder of the Resistance and the Carnival of Light.
    Resistance Crusader = Probably the most evil path. Crusaders prove all the bad rumors about Resistance are true, they will kill anyone. Led by Calvin Scott, the current overall leader of the Resistance.
    Loyalist Power = Petty tyrant evil. You're a cop, but one of the bad ones. You hurt people and are mostly in it for the fame. Led by...Marauder, I would say?
    Loyalist Responsibility = The good cops. You recognize that Cole does bad shit sometimes, but you keep in mind that (a) humanity could literally be wiped out any day if it wasn't for him, and (b) Resistance Crusaders really are bad guys that need putting down. Led by Marchand (the guy who used to run the Rogue Isles on Primal Earth).

3.1. See above

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    is praetoria open to free players?

because I can't get on my old CoX account for the life of me

you have to buy the ability to start in praetoria in the store

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    b-a-l-l-s

well that is a feature that is from a very recent expansion

which they've broken up into chunks so you don't have to pay for all of it at once, or at all if you don't want any of it