Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

City of Heroes: Freedom (probably nsf56k)

1101112131416»

• ChimeraChimera Monster girl Oklahoma City, OKRegistered User regular
    So I played Champions for a while and it sucks and now I am considering CoX. Tell me something that will make me go run to the store and buy it today!

97v889.png
    3Ds: 2423 - 3932 - 2876 Wii U: Chimera.Monster Steam: chimera.monster Skype: chimera.monster
  • WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    Honestly at this point, I'm just in it because it's the game i can make the silliest characters in, and have them appreciated.
    Honestly, look at this dude
    Spoiler:
    That's just the most recent example.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    WeX Majors wrote:
    Honestly at this point, I'm just in it because it's the game i can make the silliest characters in, and have them appreciated.
    Spoiler:

But can you have a tail?

97v889.png
    3Ds: 2423 - 3932 - 2876 Wii U: Chimera.Monster Steam: chimera.monster Skype: chimera.monster
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla The Year 198X Being Xtreme to the MaxxRegistered User regular
    Chimera wrote:
    So I played Champions for a while and it sucks and now I am considering CoX. Tell me something that will make me go run to the store and buy it today!
    It is free

so

there's that

• ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Chimera wrote:

All the catgirls you can yiff

Or dragon half-angel vampire boys if that's more your thing

Scooter on
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    You can have ANIMATED tails even.

Also compared to That Other Game, this one has a lot more stuff to do on account of being over 7 years old at this point, a lot more costume options, and a much bigger community. They're actually working on a real endgame, even if they're having fun with fits and starts, and they've made it much, much easier to actually play the game instead of spending time trying to find someone to play with and ugh wait for that last person and blah blah uuuuugh. Plus it's a free download so you don't even have to go to the store! whee.

These do sound like good reasons.... maybe I will look into this game more seriously.

97v889.png
    Tails are important to have! Okay, I'll bite the bullet and pick up a copy.

97v889.png
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Yea auto-sidekicking is something that seriously needs to be in every MMO by now and it's annoying that it isn't catching on

• NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Honestly if this 'free to play' thing doesn't work out they could probably do VERY, VERY well for themselves just leasing out their chat functions. This is still the single best chat system in an game I've ever played, and they really haven't done much to it since launch.

• RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    Basically Chimera why do you not just play it for free and see if you like it
    there is nothing to lose here
    you can thoroughly enjoy the game -without- buying it

raneasig.png
    I'm currently downloading it.

97v889.png
    woop woop
    enjoy spending an entire day in the character creation

raneasig.png
  • guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    start brainstorming names now

the more obscure/weird the better

4445171660_a11796abb7_o.jpg
    I am thinking about making a few of my champion heros on here.

97v889.png
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 Registered User regular
    one thing I am always sad to see, is someone in game who had their heart so very set on a particular name, that they settled for using a period or other such punctuation to get it.

like "Bad.Kitty" or "Sand.Man"

• grouch993grouch993 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Is it still the city representative blue side? City hall in Atlas Park?

Red side used to be Kalinda or Burke depending on who your starting contact was.

*edit* this was to answer a post that was the latest on my screen. Hit submit and there was an extra page of comments that appeared. Forum chastising me for typing too slow?

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    WeX Majors wrote:
    Spoiler:

I can't bring myself to make silly stuff like that for some reason. I guess I just appreciate it more when other people do it.

"Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
    I can't bring myself to take this game seriously.
    I mean, everyone is wearing boxing gloves pretty much. Its' not exactly some rugged realistic game.
    Also it is just so much more fun to make silly villains and heroes
    there are so many possible puns

raneasig.png
  • A steak!A steak! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2011
    I want to make both an Electric Armor Tank and a Martial Arts something (to abuse animation times and procs), but I'm not sure what sets to go with. I might make a MA/Shield scrapper, but I have no idea with the Elec Tank. Already got an Elec/Elec and I'm not doing THAT twice.

A steak! on
    Favorite quotes
    Spoiler:
  • WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    RubberAC wrote:
    there are so many possible puns
    Spoiler:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Owenashi wrote:
    Narbus wrote:
    258q88j.jpg

Wow. Brilliant. :)

Holy shit. :^: And how come I don't have those costume pieces?

"Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote:
    Owenashi wrote:
    Narbus wrote:
    258q88j.jpg

Wow. Brilliant. :)

Holy shit. :^: And how come I don't have those costume pieces?

most of those are from the Cyborg Pack, which cost CASH DOLLAS even if you're a VIP

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    You've probably got the pieces to make this though, and he's almost as cool.
    Spoiler:

Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    Nightmares. :(

- @Ludious
  • Blankzilla wrote:
    Chimera wrote:
    It is free

so

there's that

Ummm

Theres also the reason that it

is awesome and

has some great quest lines

there's that

Sincerely,
    Mikey
    Anyone recommend a server I should join?

97v889.png
  • grouch993grouch993 Registered User regular
    Well, Virtue if you want to play with the PA folks. Virtue and Freedom were also ones with more population.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    For those here who don't bother with the G&T thread, there was a Player Summit held yesterday in which CoX's devs talked about new stuff coming in. The CoX forums have a thread for the opening panel, marketing panel and the lore panel. Highlights are:
    Spoiler:

Here's some of the pictures from the powerpoint displays at the Summit.
    Spoiler:

Owenashi on
  • HullisHullis You Guys Just Can't Do Anything Without This Genius!Registered User regular
    yes hi this is a game i just got

xcimt23.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Well, I guess the CoX-devs just couldn't keep the 'Who' of the Who Will Die SSA a secret anymore.
    Spoiler:

Owenashi on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    I hope he gets killed with time bullets