As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

City of Heroes: Freedom (probably nsf56k)

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2011
    think I got the cyborg pack when I bought the architect edition for twenty bucks

it's got some really ballin' shoulder pieces also

DJ Eebs on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    they are literally balls

if you're into that whole metroid prime look

xmassig2.gif
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    the clockwork stuff is free if you bought going rogue 8-)

but I didn't, geebs!

I DIDN'T

BUT IT USED TO BE FREE

wonder what happens if I unlock a character with those pieces already on

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    you keep those pieces on it but if you change them you can't change them back

xmassig2.gif
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    burn it down

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    can someone catch me up on how the archetypes are now

like, last time I played, masterminds were mediocre and stalkers were shit after they blew their Hide

how are all the guys

particularly, how are Masterminds in general,
    how do Stalkers, Brutes and Scrappers stack up against each other
    and how do Corruptors and Blasters compare

I don't mean "well one has higher damage primaries," I mean how are they in terms of balance

I think stalkers are still pretty weak, but I'm pretty sure they fixed the issues with masterminds. Most classes outside of like, defenders and the squids are pretty viable.

masterminds have gotten some quality of life upgrades; your pet buffs are now aoe abilities, and some of the powers in the secondaries were buffed to make them easier to use (ex: mastermind twilight grasp got a bigger aoe.) Your pets cross loading screens with you now, I think. On the other hand most of the structural disadvantages still exist; pet AI is still dumb and relying on pets still leaves you a lot less mobile than the other ATs.

I hardly ever see stalkers anymore, and when I do they're always weird concept builds. They did get buffed at some point so they're more useful now than they were, but still outclassed by scrappers and brutes. I think scrappers in general are considered superior to brutes, but it's mostly a question of what sets you want to use, how you want to build the guy, and whether you like fury or not.

Blasters are slowly going the way of the dinosaur. Corruptors, dominators and even defenders are a lot more useful in higher end content, and the way the game is now pretty much any AT can pump out lots of damage if you want it to.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I think I found what I want to play. Gravity/Sonic controller. The sonic powerset is fun. It makes a very satisfying noise. That's really my criteria. The ice sound effects are so ooooooold.

Same reason I don't like the mace powerset.

I have a warhammer and it sounds like I am striking with a steak knife.

• Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    hmm

is dual blade any good? I think I've tried most or all of the other scrapper/brute primaries

my understanding is that anything that deals lethal damage gets worse as you go because later enemies all have resistance to it

xmassig2.gif
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    yoops

I've never tried fire either hummm

hum humm

fire is one of the best melee sets

xmassig2.gif
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Going to see if my Energy/Energy blaster is still kicking, other then that I don't know what to make

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote:
    That's understandable as robots or any high-tech armor character are quite sweet.

I still like my elec/elec brute a lot. She kinda has a Mega Man character kind of look.

I've got a Thugs/Traps MM named Atlas Thugged

xmassig2.gif
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

I think I saw a screenshot of that character in the CoX thread over in the MMO forum.

Actually I think most of the character screens I've seen in that thread are from you, Shoe.

God damn it I wish I remembered my account info

Henroid wrote:

I think I saw a screenshot of that character in the CoX thread over in the MMO forum.

Actually I think most of the character screens I've seen in that thread are from you, Shoe.

bringing 'em back

fhudhuihiuf.png

tnregiunikgtk.png

vjiopdejrog.png

foejiojeiofjfoie.png

gjijrioejgiojld.png

rfgjerojgio.png

rgherhtrhtrgioh.png

rgioejgiorj.png

rherheuhger.png

erfhihgoht.png

fehfiureh.png

rfejoirghhgriu.png

idjiogrjejriojo.png

That first guy's name is Offsides. He's a demonic football player.

xmassig2.gif
    hahahha

just claws

i get it

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    greenrocket-2.png

woot.

Jasconius wrote:
    hahahha

just claws

i get it

all of my names are gold

GOLD, JERRY

xmassig2.gif
    i need four other people willing to be ____Rockets

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    greenrocket-2.pngwoot.

Kinda surprised you didn't go with Red Rocket.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    oh my god I am so down for this

he's based on a character from one of DE?AD's PBP games

that got cancelled swiftly

The only guy I didn't take a picture of that I like is Clockwork Justice

He's a huge blue and gold clockwork dressed like a cop

complete with mustache

xmassig2.gif
    Antimatter wrote:

Well you took Green already, but I can be Blue Rocket.

I'm pretty pumped. Playing CoH with GnT people back in the day got me to actually start posting on the forums.

someone already took "Green Rocket" with a space

agh

a huge problem with this is that it's getting way hard to think up good names, as they generally don't delete inactive characters

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I am going to get this. I am going to make a dozen dudes and probably never play with them at all.

I hate MMOs.

I just made a costume that I am extremely satisfied with.

A tribute to the second character I ever made which was viciously deleted by a family member years ago.

I think I'll be going with that.

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't mind being a Rocket

Raneados wrote:
    a huge problem with this is that it's getting way hard to think up good names, as they generally don't delete inactive characters

I have characters that are 2,500+ days inactive that still have their names.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    just a head's up, the writing and mission design in the newer content is like a billion times better than the old stuff

also regarding sets

fire is awesome, especially if you can get fiery aura

because burn is like my favorite power in the whole fuckin' game

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    every fire set in the game is pretty much awesome

and yeah the last time they did a namepurge was like, five years ago or something

they really should do another one

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Oh god yes, Atlas Thugged

• Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    Hey I'm already playing this. Wheee.

Do you guys know about Sewer Trials? Let me tell you about sewer trials.

See that LFG tab above your text window? Click that tab. Click join queue. 3 hours later. Finish leveling up to 20.

Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:

Building a regular Team Rocket, eh?

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    remember when a bunch of us all were different fast food/breakfast cereal mascots in this game

that was a pretty good time

8406wWN.png
  • PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I've made a couple new characters after unlocking one of my 50's. Still kinda miffed that my IO's don't work anymore, but it is what it is.

I made a sexy ass demon brute chick with Super Strength and Fire because I am a creepy nerd. I'll probably play some more when I ain't Battlefielding. I need to buy those witch costume pieces.

DCUO will be free to play soon, too.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png