As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

City of Heroes: Freedom (probably nsf56k)

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    true

not sure if you need to buy those in the store or not, though

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    But the dual pistol animations are so fun

• Options
    there's also a demon summoning set for masterminds

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Dual Pistols are cool as fuck

fuck the haters

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    was someone hating? I didn't see anyone hating

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    dual guns + time manipulation

MATRIX

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    Veretas wrote:
    Dual Pistols are cool as fuck

fuck the haters

There is truth in this statement. My Dual Pistols Defender is one of my favourite characters to play (even though she is a Defender).

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Air Superiority is a legit good power for Brutes even if you don't need to take it to get Fly

the mag on the knockdown is super reliable

and Afterburner is hella rad

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    is there a customization guide

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote:
    I think it may have been a GnT thing but I remember a bunch of us made guys with letters on their chests and spelt something out. I feel like it was in protest of something
    Where you one of these fine lads or ladies:
    ab50976e.jpg

IIRC correctly, that was when Marvel was trying to sue NCsoft for making it so easy to rip off Marvel's characters or something.

Also... I was the "W".

• Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    I've found 1 good reason for a defender.

They never run out of end. I have a level 16 who can spam his recharge slotted powers nonstop forever and never run out.

Granted he's doing equal healin to a corruptor and 1/4th the damage, but if all I need is healing and I never wanna be end starved. Defender does it.

Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    The demon summoning powerset is fucking awesome.

That whip is great.

• Options
    later, marvel made the correct decision to not ally themselves with the people that made champions online

(champions online is dogshit)

• Options
    Oh yeah here's an image of us when Villains came out

screenshot_2008-02-24-19-37-10.jpg

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Marvel should just stay the fuck out of the MMO game

what they should do is a game like X-Men Destiny except make it not suck shit

• Options
    Pony wrote:
    Marvel should just stay the fuck out of the MMO game

what they should do is a game like X-Men Destiny except make it not suck shit

x-men destiny has the laziest character design I've ever seen

two of the characters look like they could be rival romantic leads in a cw drama

• Options
    what I'm saying is that they look the same

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    i might play DCUO when it goes free

• Options
    dcuo is bad though

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    i wouldn't say DCUO is BAD perse, but it sure as fuck aint good.

• Options
    NWKNWK Registered User regular
    I can't decide between Flight and Leaping for my Brute

I know Fly is classically bad but I've been Super Jumping since this game came out and I'm a little tired of travel that hands-on

is Fly-Air Superiority-Afterburner a legitimate path for a Brute, or should I stick with Super Jump

Air Superiority is actually a really solid attack. Great chance for knockdown, animates fast, does fairly not-terrible damage. I dunno about Afterburner, I guess it fills its role of making Fly not slow as shit, which is nice.

Fly is only really terrible if you're crazy about speed. If you're not a speedrun nut, then Fly/Leaping/TP are all perfectly viable.

Steam GW2: Silas.5762
  • Options
    DJP3710DJP3710 Registered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    also has this problem: Kheldians

Maybe, but I thought they were fun. Then again, it's been like 1200 days since I last touched mine.

• Options
    I use Teleport because I am hard core

• Options
    DJP3710 wrote:
    Pony wrote:

Maybe, but I thought they were fun. Then again, it's been like 1200 days since I last touched mine.

I'll touch your kheldian if you touch mine

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    DJP3710DJP3710 Registered User regular
    Veretas wrote:
    DJP3710 wrote:
    Pony wrote:

I'll touch your kheldian if you touch mine

I thought you'd never ask.

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    I really should get some of these costume pieces if I am to play this a bunch.

A94Bs.jpg

AJdxB.jpg

8hH27.jpg

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Holy shit that cape

Holy shit that cape

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    Bull Fore

• Options
    Yeah that cape is incredible and somehow it is unlocked on my account.

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    i wouldn't say DCUO is BAD perse, but it sure as fuck aint good.

DCUO has two main problems in my book

One, you can play the entire game in like a week

Two, every female is built like Power Girl and you have no way of changing that

yes, I'm putting that as a bad thing

• Options
    Jasconius wrote:
    Yeah that cape is incredible and somehow it is unlocked on my account.

I think it was part of the magic pack they had some years ago.

Not really sure, though.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    the valkyrie set is also pretty ballin'

• Options
    I don't ever remember buying ANY packs at all.

But I do like the cape a lot.

Also very weird that auras and capes that used to just be level unlocks are now paid unlocks.

• Options
    God remember when capes first came out? You had to do this really long and difficult task force just to unlock it for the one character at level 20.

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    You can still get most of them as you would normally. You just have the option of spending points to have them as soon as you make a character.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    So a useful link that should be in the OP is this. It explains all the details of the reward program and what rank of account unlocks specific things. Tokens unlock ranks. There are 9 ranks total. Details of what ranks provide therein.

Also, this link has a chart for how much money you need to spend on Paragon Points for the store, and how many tokens each purchase level gives you.

And the Paragon Market details are here, if the official site doesn't do it for you.

• Options
    cape missions are a lot easier now also

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I kinda liked the excuse they had as to why capes hadn't been in the cape at launch. The bullshit to do it was pretty annoying though.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Ok went through and updated the Encyclopedia Scooterica for new chars and ones on an alt account I couldn't access at the time (yes I have an alt account and these are just the non-delete bait characters)

Bellatrix Belle, a special operative of the galactic police and peacekeeping force, the Squadron. When criminals hide in time as well as space, they call in a temporal operative like Belle. Permanently assigned to Earth, she's just returned from a stint in 1850s London. (Beam Rifle/Time corr)
    belle1.jpg
    belle2.jpg

An agent of the underworld goddess Hela, Hela's Huntress exists to do her bidding on the mortal plane. (Demons/Pain MM)
    hela.jpg

A young couple, both biologists, were ambushed and apparently killed by poachers while exploring their native India. One, though, was brought to a secret temple where she was merged with a spirit of nature, becoming the Jungle Justicar. (Dual Blades/Ninja Stalker)
    just1.jpg
    just2.jpg

Count all the crows you want, but when Hell needs a thief, they call the Seventh Magpie. (Mace/Fire brute)
    magpie.jpg

The Praetorian Ms. Judgement was a combat medic for the Syndicate criminal empire. After spending some time in the tender care of Emperor Cole's prisons, she decided organized crime wasn't enough and became an all-out terrorist for liberty. (Dual Pistols/Empathy defender)
    msj.jpg

The Praetorian Sable Spirit, Sable Seer never merged with a warshade. Instead, she was admitted to Mother Mayhem's Seer program, where she was too inward-focused to ever fit in. Instead she has been reassigned to Power Division to see if she is an asset or a liability. (Psi/Mind dominator)
    sableseer.jpg

Brought back for a chance at redemption: Tarpeia (wiki it, bitches) (Dual Blades/Willpower scrapper)
    tarp1.jpg
    tarp2.jpg

A mechanical and electrical engineer, Warren Smith built himself a power suit for power punching: the War Smith project. (Invince/Energy tank)
    war1.jpg
    war2.jpg

A doctor in biochemistry by training, weather-controlling mutant Angela Winters gained interest in interdimensional physics when her superhero sister was lost in space-time. Using a suit built by War Smith, she became Warpstorm. (Gravity/Storm controller)
    warp1.jpg
    warp2.jpg

A member of Squadron laid off by budget cuts, the criminal-tracker Yrrrlrr decided to become the earth-based PI known as Detective Yowler, helping Vanguard and the PPD on extraterrestrial cases. (Sonic/Psi defender)
    yowler1.jpg
    yowler2.jpg

Pink Glove. She's got a bio but I'll just leave it to your imaginations.
    pink-1.jpg

Scooter on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    nuuurgh now that this is free to play and you only need to buy things

the actual DRAW of buying things is HUGE

:|