As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Return of the Bluths

12346»

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    I think the Land Before Time movies became self-replicating at a certain point

Last I heard they had caught up to the present day and turned into King of the Hill.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    ejfllywj.jpg

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Raneados wrote:
    disclaimer: I still haven't seen most of arrested development, but again, from what i have seen, he plays the same character he always plays

Yeah but he did it first on AD. And the writing for the show is just so good that his character fits perfectly and is always funny.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Raneados wrote: »
    disclaimer: I still haven't seen most of arrested development, but again, from what i have seen, he plays the same character he always plays

well, he was a child actor in his first big role, that got him famous, and so was immediately typecast? I don't know what you expect someone to do in that situation. People are coming at you saying here take millions of dollars and replicate your performance on Arrested Development.

and uh I would say yeah ok.

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    I can't believe you guys spent a page discussing what a hater is without posting player haters ball.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote:
    ejfllywj.jpg

i am fine with this dot jay pee gee file

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Raneados wrote:

Yeah

That character is George Michael from Arrested Development

So regardless of your feelings of his work outside of this, he's pretty much perfect in AD because that wasn't his established thing yet

• Options
    Raneados wrote:

Yeah

That character is George Michael from Arrested Development

So regardless of your feelings of his work outside of this, he's pretty much perfect in AD because that wasn't his established thing yet

He's also not the star so even if you can't stand him in the slightest to skip out on the series because you're annoyed by his minor role is silly. Most of the time he just serves as a plot device accenting Maebe's shenanigans or motivating Michael as a father.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    also it's dumb to say he can't act

he's been pretty one-note, yes

but he plays that one note perfectly

he can play awkward nervous teenager and he can play it extremely well

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I would love it if the "where are they now" episodes revealed george bluth had made a small fortune playing himself in awkward teen roles.

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    have they said anything about the format of the new episodes?

i'm assuming that it will be the same as before with the narrator and all but you never know

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    there'd better be a narrator

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Not a narrator

the narrator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    true

• Options

Um...playing the same character in everything is pretty much the definition of "can't act" even if it does fit the role.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    There is a definite cera quality to every role he plays but saying they are all exactly the same is hyperbolic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Scott Pilgrim is certainly not George Michael

• Options
    well they already established that the moment in the prison with with maebie
    Butters wrote:

Um...playing the same character in everything is pretty much the definition of "can't act" even if it does fit the role.

rane had two criticisms of him

he plays the same character in everything

and he doesn't play that character well

the latter point is straight-up false

and like someone said it's impossible to know how much of that is him having limited range and how much of that is him being typecast

• Options
    Balefuego wrote:
    There is a definite cera quality to every role he plays but saying they are all exactly the same is hyperbolic

Oh for sure I'm just speaking in generality. I never saw Scott Pilgrim and Superbad didn't really call for much "acting" so there's not much to hold against his performance in that. Paulie in Juno is pretty much George Michael Bluth though.

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    i thought he was pretty good in Youth in Revolt and only half of his character was an awkward teen

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    So this means Raines is returning soon right?

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    Ubik wrote:
    i thought he was pretty good in Youth in Revolt and only half of his character was an awkward teen

Youth in Revolt was very enjoyable

and it gave me the line "I want to wrap your legs around my head and wear you like the crown that you are." so it automatically gets a pass, no matter what

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Have I missed this euphemism?

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I just really hope they don't fall into the fanservice-trap.

• Options
    At this point I'm still hoping that the announcement actually amounts to anything

I'll worry about how they execute it once they're actually given a chance to execute it

• Options
    HalfhandHalfhand a stalwart bastion of terrible ideas Registered User regular
    Macro9 wrote:
    I can't believe you guys spent a page discussing what a hater is without posting player haters ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ula9PHe-C68&feature=related

corio2.jpg
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Halfhand wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ula9PHe-C68&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnucg9yMuFg&feature=player_embedded

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    A Hulu-Netflix bidding war means the Arrested Development revival could actually happen
    So far the promise of an Arrested Development revival has mostly gone like this: paaaarty, and bullshit, and paaaarty, and bullshit. But then a fucking fight broke out: According to Vulture, Hulu has now entered into a fierce bidding war with its streaming video nemesis Netflix over the rights to air the recently promised fourth season of the show—an escalation of interest that makes it even more likely that the show actually will return. Getting Arrested Development would certainly be a coup for either Netflix or Hulu, both of which have benefitted in the past from streaming episodes of Arrested Development (with Hulu specifically racking up more than 100 million hits from the show), and both of which have been making plays to become a source for original programming. And creator Mitchell Hurwitz believes the production of the new episodes will be relatively inexpensive, as they will focus mostly on a single character at a time, and has said already that they would be filmed together, thereby splitting the costs between whoever nabs the TV show and the long-promised movie, respectively. In short, this sudden bidding war has upgraded the stock we’d normally place in news of an Arrested Development revival to a “Don’t Buy,” and moved it even further into the realm of plausibility. Which, honestly, is just confusing.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    people who say michael cera only plays george michael are just repeating stupid internet opinions without having seen him in many things

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    He is actually very good in both Scott Pilgrim and Youth in Revolt.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    he just needs to costar in a buddy comedy with The Beef

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I wonder if the same people who get mad about Micheal Cera always playing an awkward teen get just as mad about Steve Buscemi always playing weird fast talking criminals.