Options

[SOLVED]Name that martial arts film!

TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
edited October 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Alright, so I remember watching this sometime when i was in highschool, so about 7-11 years ago... it was about a school where the kids would challenge classmates to duels and they would go to this room where all the desks are pushed together, the first one to fall would lose... I honestly cannot remember if it was an anime or if it was live action, but I am pretty sure live action, does that ring a bell to anyone?

I know I don't have a lot of info to go on, but I am hoping someone recognizes it since I thought it was fairly unique, it may also have been a tv show that I am thinking is a movie

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
TheKoolEagle on

• Options
    UnderdogUnderdog Registered User regular
    Was this Asian? I remember something like this but it was a Hong Kong movie. The desks part is really the biggest similarity to me. I think one of the matches was against a kid that fought Mantis style and he had sharp, metal accessories on his fingers. Sadly though, I can't remember the name so I'm not really being that helpful. The one I'm thinking of is a live action movie though.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    that sounds vaguely familiar as well underdog, honestly i don't know why this is bothering me so much but now i really want to watch it again, i thought it was subtitled and asian, but honestly i cannot remember any details about it at all other then the students fought in a room on desks pushed together

edit: oh! there was also a fan above the desks and i remember one fight the guy tried to lift the guy into the fan

TheKoolEagle on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Is it Once Upon A Time In High School?

Once_Upon_a_Time_in_High_School_movie_poster.jpg

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    I just watched the trailer and a few things on youtube, I don't think thats it, if I am recalling correctly it was a bit artsy about how fights have to be settled in the room with all the desks pushed together, that was abig focal point of the movie

• Options
    Awesome! So I had texted my sister about the movie as well and she came through, its called 'My Schoolmate the Barbarian'

I remember liking it a long time ago so give it a try if you like campy martial arts movies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecDKcYP53VA

• Options
    UnderdogUnderdog Registered User regular
    LOL yeah that's the one. I liked watching the Mantis guy fight, maybe I oughta keep my eye out for this one.