As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ Street Fighter: KOF XIII out November 22nd, only three of us buying it

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    I just use whatever the Happ joysticks come with by default. And do 360s all the way to the edge because that's how I've been doing things since the mid-90s.

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote:
    You gonna be at Daytona, Folken?

Negative. Real life stuff and a lack of time to practice means I can't go. Besides, I just went to a tournament last week in tallahassee (sucked at AE, pretty decent in 3rd strike).

In other news I had a good phone interview so yay? Everyone needs to cross their fingers for folken getting a big boy job.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Knob wrote:
    Anyway, to actually spark discussion instead of feeling like im in an episode of the x files

That slagcoin page demonstrates the best part of square gates, and that's equally sized and spaced activation zones

The actual shape of the gate doesn't matter so much, since for the best accuracy and speed you don't really want to be riding the gate anyway. You can do motions faster, dramatically improving your ability to react to things.

Sure, doing a fireball on a square gate seems weird at first if you ride the gate, but if you're just grazing the switches it becomes a very small diagonal motion instead of an exaggerated sweep or a 90 degree turn

Not riding the gate is something I'm still not good at. Which is probably why it always feels like it takes forever to do my special moves, particularly Cammy's Cannon Strike.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    I might actually play some Street Fighter in a bit now that I'm done with Uncharted 3.

• Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    Hmmm, what stream will Canada cup be on?

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    twitch.tv

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    okay i keep losing to people at around my BP level but then i beat the 85th rated Hakan so i have no idea how i'm doing with rose

she fun tho

keep in mind this is PS3 north america servers so it probably means even less? i dunno

unintentional on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Knob wrote:
    This is exactly the answer that baffled me so much

Almost everyone I've asked about octogate preference has answered similarly, a preference for American style controls

But literally no arcade cabinet in America has octagonal gates. They're round. As far as I can tell, octagonal gates didn't even exist until recently to answer the demand of people wanting 'american style arcade controls' for their TEs

It's like burger king starting to sell pizza because of thousands of people going on and on about when they had pizza at burger king when they were kids

It's this insane collective delusion and I've been trying for months to figure out where it came from

And anytime I try to find out, I get 'well its what I'm used to'. And when I point out that no, no it isn't, people get angry

Ah, okay. What I remember from a kid was just thinking that square gates were strange. I just assumed octagonal was, uh, rounder than square. I don't know if I've ever seen round gates, but I've only looked at stick parts a handful of times, and I only bought buttons.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Gary, there are only 85 hakan players on psn.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Gary, there are only 85 hakan players on psn.

oh

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    I know everyone is probably on watching the Canada Cup. But I got people over and we are streaming ALL NIGHT: http://www.justin.tv/nogsmpls

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Yo dawg ain't got sound.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    yo nogs shit looks but but sound is lagging behind the video? or maybe the other way around but they are out of sync

• Options
    I'm just gonna keep spamming the Canada Cup chat with a link to your stream. Better act professional. Make a jpeg for Minnesota Casuals or something.

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Canadian Bacon Cup

• Options
    also apparently the best way to level up my rog game is to drop him for two weeks?

• Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    now keep doing that up until EVO!

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    i don't know anything, but do you normally have trouble autopiloting, knob?

• Options
    <3<3 Registered User regular
    anyone punching right now?

• Options
    Label wrote:
    i don't know anything, but do you normally have trouble autopiloting, knob?

That's one of the main things. I mos def have patterns I fall into

I worked really hard on breaking them up tonight

Occasionally instead of sweeping when I felt the moment was right, I'd faint or tap

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I am king auto pilot.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I am Duke Auto Pilot.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I haven't played in like three weeks because first I was busy preparing for vacation, then I was on vacation, and the last few days I've been reacclimating to home after returning from vacation.

Wanted to get some fights in and am prevented from doing so because of a GFWL update that doesn't want to install properly.

Grumble grumble.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    msg me on steam when you get that working and I can SPD you

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    yo who waaaantsss some drunk street fights

hello

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I've been spending a lot of time online with Bison

I can already tell it's putting me into bad habits

shit like crossing up with ultra 2 on wakeup

that is scrub as hell

it keeps working, though

• Options
    Sleepwalker9Sleepwalker9 Registered User regular
    Day 1 of learning how to play on a stick and also learning how to play Sagat for the first time.

This is going to be a long week. But at least progress is steady after my first few matches!

Xbox Live: Reborn9
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2011

Should be on in about 30 minutes. Did they shut down the MVC3 servers or something? I'm never getting any matches.

Ok... quick match works. Kinda.

Meiz on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Oh dear god is Super Skrull fun.

Such a meter hog, though.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Canada Cup makes me really happy

I don't know why

But it does

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    That's Canada, baby.

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote:
    Oh dear god is Super Skrull fun.

Such a meter hog, though.

Who else is a meter hog on your usual team? Of course you end on the laser pillar thing, but Zero isn't that bad with all of his loops, right?

Just venturing a guess, I would say Hulk might be a big meter hog because Tsunami is his only way to deal with things full screen

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Airking850 wrote:
    That's Canada, bub.

wolverine.jpg

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Futore wrote:

Who else is a meter hog on your usual team? Of course you end on the laser pillar thing, but Zero isn't that bad with all of his loops, right?

Just venturing a guess, I would say Hulk might be a big meter hog because Tsunami is his only way to deal with things full screen

Team I am toying with now is Zero / Skrull / Doom. Doom also likes his meter.

Still eyeing Nova, but for now, this team is working GREAT against zoning teams.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    ST Remix on now.. Is this the first time they are doing a Premium Subscription for a stream? I guess I'm not seeing ads due to Adblock.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    I'm considering subscribing just to support them.

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I would, but they're Canadian.

• Options
    Airking850 wrote:
    That's Canada, baby.

Where 720p is the only thing that's not free.

• Options
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Haha daaaaamn.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
This discussion has been closed.