As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steven P. Jobs Memorial [Chat]

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote:
    Anyone got a remedy for the blues?

Bail?

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Wash wrote:
    Shakira's involved in U.S. politics now?

Your country is turning into a caricature of itself

You have a problem with Shakira? You realize celebrities serving on advisory boards to promote social issues isn't a new thing right?

Like Arnie with the 'don't be a fatty' foundation during the Reagan/Bush/Clinton years?

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Henroid wrote:

laughing like children
    living like lovers

?

• Options
    I mean, Angelina Jolie is a UN ambassador for chrissakes.

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

laughing like children
    living like lovers

?

Bunging jumping like maniacs?

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Graphene, an exotic form of carbon consisting of sheets a single atom thick, exhibits a novel reaction to light, MIT researchers have found: Sparked by light’s energy, the material can produce electric current in unusual ways. The finding could lead to improvements in photodetectors and night-vision systems, and possibly to a new approach to generating electricity from sunlight.

This has been your Geek Break of the Hour!

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

laughing like children
    living like lovers

?

I don't think inspiring me to /wrist is a cure.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Fast five has lost me at 11 minutes in, do I keep watching (y/n)?

• Options

Yes.

• Options
    Hey Henroid. 10/1 is past, update your sig or whatevs.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Wash wrote:

She is an advisor on an area she has been running a non-profit on since the mid-1990s. Top off she experience with some big name NGOs and IGOs when it comes to children's issues in South America. A little research goes a long way.

Also you just wish your government had such sexy people in it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote:
    Wash wrote:

You have a problem with Shakira? You realize celebrities serving on advisory boards to promote social issues isn't a new thing right?

Like Arnie with the 'don't be a fatty' foundation during the Reagan/Bush/Clinton years?

You realize Arnie is a prime example of just one of the ways in which your country's politics are hilarious and absurd right?

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Wash wrote:
    Kagera wrote:
    Wash wrote:

You realize Arnie is a prime example of just one of the ways in which your country's politics are hilarious and absurd right?

are you just saying that because he's a celebrity, or what

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote:

Call a friend to go out and live up the night?
    Write an Android app. They're good times.

• Options

It gets gradually more ridiculous and fun as it progresses. It's fucking crazy, and you should keep watching.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    I GUESS THAT'S WHY THEY CALL IT THE BLUES
    TIME ON MY HANDS COULD BE TIME SPENT WITH YOU

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    on movies:

Go With It

it's classic Adam Sandler. it reminds me most of the wedding singer without the sappy romance parts of the wedding singer. it had its moments of typical adam sandler comedy and jennifer anniston managaed to work well with sandler's goofieness like she did with carey in bruce almighty. altogether I'd say it's worth watching.

• Options
    Tamin wrote:

Yes.

Ok. Will take your word for it.

• Options
    Henroid wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

laughing like children
    living like lovers

?

I don't think inspiring me to /wrist is a cure.

Listening to Elton is not torture. :(

• Options
    Wash wrote:
    Kagera wrote:
    Wash wrote:

It's okay, haters gonna hate.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    To be honest I didn't really give them any followers.

For the most part their followers will tend to be unaware of the Gods themselves, they're just attempting to fulfill their goals.

Like the "High Priest" of Descartes is an intelligence officer for the small nation the story takes place in, who is attempting to manipulate public information in order to protect them from the threat of neighboring nations pressing down on them. As the plot progresses, he gets more and more extreme in his views of what qualifies an acceptable lie for the benefit of another, and eventually he manifests the God.

he should be a TV infomercial faith healer who secretly doesn't believe in god but keeps up his act despite the harm it does because he wants the money.

This is super old, but the point for most of the major characters is that they will be sympathetic and well-intentioned. Each of them will have a philosophy that there are at least some grounds for the belief of.

• Options
    fluffy, are you just mad that canada's celebrities all look like middle school teachers that don't know about conditioner

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    FPS tower defense? Sounds like a mistake.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Wash wrote:

She is an advisor on an area she has been running a non-profit on since the mid-1990s. Top off she experience with some big name NGOs and IGOs when it comes to children's issues in South America. A little research goes a long way.

Dude it's Shakira. Is she really the most qualified person they could find to fill that position? The "hips don't lie" girl? How does that not boggle your mind, that fucking Shakira is the person somebody thought was best suited for that job.

And yeah okay, maybe Canada could use a hotty, or at least the equivalent of a Carla Bruni. I'd support terrible reforms for a Carla Bruni.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    so are entertainers no longer allowed to be well-rounded people with a wide variety of skills and talents? if you ever make a pop song or an action movie, you can't do anything important?

• Options
    Wash wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Wash wrote:

Dude it's Shakira. Is she really the most qualified person they could find to fill that position? The "hips don't lie" girl? How does that not boggle your mind, that fucking Shakira is the person somebody thought was best suited for that job.

And yeah okay, maybe Canada could use a hotty, or at least the equivalent of a Carla Bruni. I'd support terrible reforms for a Carla Bruni.

Hot people can be smart, bro.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote:

Why?

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Wash wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Wash wrote:

Apparently she's been doing a lot of work in the field.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Henroid wrote:

Call a friend to go out and live up the night?
    Write an Android app. They're good times.

All my friends aren't even in the same state as me.

• Options
    For instance, I'm brilliant.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Wash wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Wash wrote:

I can trust Shakira as a politician so long as her public policy declarations are made with her hips.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Guys, Canadians never have anything nice to say about U.S. politics. Just adjust the dial and tune out the background noise.

• Options
    Tamin wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

Bail?

On what or who?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Wash wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Wash wrote:

People can be multifaceted? Her program has earned accolades from numerous prominent groups? She has connections? Hell she runs a program exactly that she is advising on that has been successful?

Because people are in entertainment doesn't make them unable to do other jobs well or be knowledgeable? Al Franken was a comedian and has turned into a wonderful senator.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I can't believe some people still espouse Canadian exceptionalism even in 2011

• Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    so are entertainers no longer allowed to be well-rounded people with a wide variety of skills and talents? if you ever make a pop song or an action movie, you can't do anything important?

Ringer!

• Options
    Henroid wrote:
    Tamin wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

Bail?

On what or who?

It was a terrible joke!

I would "remedy" (get rid of / escape from) the "blues" (cops) by paying bail.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    You guys should totally play Fate of the World. It's less than $20 with all the DLC, and I've literally spent 50 hours on it without exploring half the content.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote:

depends on the color of blue you are

• Options
    Henroid wrote:
    Kagera wrote:

Why?

Because I want to know when part 41 will be up.

This discussion has been closed.