As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Vs Capcom Thread Of Believing in Mike Ross

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    the FPS on this stream is so high it's a little off-putting

• Options
    jago looking real free here :|

• Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    It's good to see Phoenix Wright looks clunky as fuck to use. That's gonna net me a good headstart against my friend who's going to be all over Wright.

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Dunxco wrote:
    It's good to see Phoenix Wright looks clunky as fuck to use. That's gonna net me a good headstart against my friend who's going to be all over Wright.

The bits with that assistant running in are humorous.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    MrVyngaard wrote:
    Dunxco wrote:

The bits with that assistant running in are humorous.

Watching Phoenix reading papers and walking into the enemy for damage and then going into a super is just golden. So beautifully out-of-whack in a game with demons and ninjas and godlike beings.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    nova is really growing on me

I take back everything I might have said before about him being the one guy I wouldnt have cared about if he wasnt in the game. I very well might run ghost rider/nova/strange now

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Watching Phoenix reading papers and walking into the enemy for damage and then going into a super is just golden. So beautifully out-of-whack in a game with demons and ninjas and godlike beings.

I get the feeling MVC2 Jill was talked about when they were developing Wright's set, in light of the assistant move.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Line was pretty long for UMvC3 and the tourney was booked seemingly before the day started. I might take some time and wait in line to get a chance to play once or twice. I want to play Nemesis again and try and fail with Wright.

I got the nice poster they were giving away, as well as some other things that I bought. Three pictures, two are SF/UMvC3 related and the other is just awesomeness.
    I bought 3 blind boxes and got Guile in the last one I opened. So happy.
    6245003091_10a146f1de_z.jpg

Awesome UMVC3 poster.
    6245003261_50d0828762_z.jpg

Series 1 of the TV show figures and exclusive bloody Rick Grimes (comic figure)
    6245002983_79db17c60a_b.jpg

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Noel Brown is FRAAAAAAAAAAY

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Buuuuh. Lost track of my gameplan in both matches. Didn't stick to keep away in round 2 vs. Jago and I didn't tighten up my weakspots with meter burning in the third in my second match. That level 3 scoop on Arthur was pretty heart breaking.

Then I saw him bodying Combofiend later. And that he put Tokido out in EVO.

So I feel pretty good going 4-2 and losing to Jago and him.

Also on stream twice... I feel pretty good. Team tourny on Sunday with 645!

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    I know Sixfortyfive gets a lot of love on GAF, but make sure you get your fair share of love from P-A!

And that West vs. East tourney... I don't personally hold any feelings against Noel Brown, but that last-ditch effort was heartbreaking. Mad props to Flocker from Florida.

Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    ...Anyone have the wc vs ec video link?

Not sure if its up yet, just asking.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    Poor Noel Brown. But goddamn, Flocker's matches were a thing of beauty.

And also Marlinpie's last match.

Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

Don't read into the poster, because the face of their PR tells you not to? Sure. They could have put those faces in any other order, but they chose Mega Man to be the one without a banner across his face.

At this point, I'm more inclined to believe Seth than Niitsuma.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    I need to stop reading the comments on Youtube. Like a fool, I went to watch the Nova trailer on Youtube, and decided to read the comments. I just wanted to scream at these people. I kind of hope that you have a special scene in this game where you kill Venom, just to hear these whiners cry.

• Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    So, apparently the big reveal at today's UMvC3 panel at Comic Con was a new "Heroes and Heralds" mode. Pulled from iPlayWinner:

"A totally new way to play the game. Add abilities using cards, ala Gems or System Direction. Abilities include Parry, Assist Super Armor, XFactor Blowback, Dizzying Attacks, Projectile Invincibility, Special cancels into Specials, Invisibility, etc. Over 100 cards, equip 3 at once, 1.12 million total combinations.

Mode playable online. Battle online as clans in one-week events. Earn cards playing offline. Mode is free DLC post-launch. Howard the Duck is a card. We'd like to speculate that Vita players will be able to trade cards, since "additional Vita functionality" was teased but not announced.

All DLC shared across PS3, Vita."

Supposedly there's also a playable Galactus in this mode. Kotaku has a video
    http://kotaku.com/5850166/you-can-play-as-galactus-in-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3

Sounds like each card will have a Marvel or Capcom card on it and a power or ability associated with him/her. Invisible Woman was mentioned, that's probably the mentioned invisibility power. A Nightcrawler card was teased with an "appropriate" power, so that probably gives you a teleport. Not sure if you assign 3 cards per character or per team. Still pretty crazy stuff.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Stealin' news from IPW:
    NYCC: UMVC3 Panel Reveals Heroes and Heralds Mode

A totally new way to play the game. Add abilities using cards, ala Gems or System Direction. Abilities include Parry, Assist Super Armor, XFactor Blowback, Dizzying Attacks, Projectile Invincibility, Special cancels into Specials, Invisibility, etc. Over 100 cards, equip 3 at once, 1.12 million total combinations.

Mode playable online. Battle online as clans in one-week events. Earn cards playing offline. Mode is free DLC post-launch. Howard the Duck is a card. We'd like to speculate that Vita players will be able to trade cards, since "additional Vita functionality" was teased but not announced.

All DLC shared across PS3, Vita.

Q: DLC characters?
    A: No plans now.

Q: Next event/reveal?
    A: Before too long.

Q: Is Mega Man poster a troll?
    A: Yes.

Q: Why remove blocking during airdashes?
    A: Makes zoning more effective. You have to commit to airdashes now.

Q: New endings for old characters?
    A: A few have been changed, many are the same.

Q: Is Galactus playable?
    A: Yes.
    This mode will be free DLC post-launch.

The fact that System Direction is basically back from the console versions of 3S is fucking fantastic. So much fun had with friends messing with that stuff. And playable online as its own mode? AMAZING.

Galactus is only playable in a special mode. That I'm neither here nor there on. Might get a few laughs from friends as we find out how truly broken the character can be and just how bad the AI is with him.

EDIT: My copy/paste/comment-fu is weak. MetalMagus beats me like West Coast beats most of the East :P . (Flocker is amazing though.)

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    That Heroes and Heralds mode sounds fascinating. Can't wait to mess with it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    Cue Heroes and Heralds video shenanigans on youtube making people unsure what is and isn't new tech.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Removing all blocks during all air-dashes is a pretty dick move. Spider-Man sucks hard enough as it is without being unable to block during his one actually effective combat strategy, i.e., lots of web-dashes and web-zipping. Capcom is the absolute worst at thinking things through; removing blocking for air dashes from some characters would be gone, but all of them? Ugh. Some common sense would be nice instead of just completely removing options across the board.

• Options
    This is where I'd have to disagree.

I'd rather have the same rules apply to everyone than have some characters act one way with a move while others act another. It bugged me in Street Fighter IV too, where some characters became airborne during their back dash and others didn't.

And before someone slippery slopes my argument, note that I'm talking about same, comparable moves. Air dashes, ground dashes, etc working under universal rules. NOT that all characters should have all the tools that others have, or that "similar-but-not-the-same" moves should be "the same" (projectile durability).

• Options
    Removing blocks on air dashes is also one way they're trying to make zoning a more viable play style. Admittedly, it hits some characters harder than other - but them's the breaks really. They did give Spidey some buffs, notably speeding up his specials and making them cancellable into web zip. Whether those'll really matter in the long run needs to be seen.

Thinking about some potential cards for H&H. I know people have been asking for a return of the unlockable MvC2 ability to pick the same character multiple times, how about a Multiple Man card that lets you do just that?

For OPness, how about a Gill card that resurrects your point character once a match for a hyper bar?

I personally like the idea of a Dan card that would turn your character pink and give them a super taunt.

There was also a pretty good suggestion in the Comic-Con stream: Guile card plays Guile's theme when your anchor character activates lvl3 Xfactor.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    MetalMagus wrote:
    Thinking about some potential cards for H&H. I know people have been asking for a return of the unlockable MvC2 ability to pick the same character multiple times, how about a Multiple Man card that lets you do just that?

Seth made mention about a Multiple Man card. We were also told of a Howard the Duck card and other obscure characters. I saw Anti-Venom too.

I am a little sad we didn't get the last character trailers, but oh well. H&H mode looks cool. Maybe that will keep me playing, having a clan and all. That is why I always go back to the EA NHL series. Having a team/clan just puts more pressure on me to keep playing. When you see 4-5 guys on and half of them invite you to a party and are all playing, how can I not jump in?

I played a match of Ultimate today. Used Phoenix, Nemesis, X-23. I was terrible with Phoenix. I couldn't get to picking up evidence. That is what I get for being put on the station using a regular Xbox controller. I won though. Heh.

Another game you guys should check out is Skullgirls (or something like that). They said it was inspired/takes notes from MvC2 and BlazeBlue. They have a system that breaks infinites, so there is none of that garbage. I played a match of that too. I enjoyed it. You can do 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3.

Anyway, yea. I can't wait for Ultimate now. This is what the first release should've been. When they showed pre-order exclusive costumes, there was a very mixed reaction. I am going to play another match or two tomorrow before the end of the Con. I doubt I try Phoenix again. Probably keep using Nemesis and X-23. I don't know who else to throw in there.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Season's Beatings Good vs. Evil was so Hype.

I didn't think I would see something better than West Coast vs. East Coast and I was wrong.

• Options
    who played the Good vs. Evil match?

i was at work and missed the entire thing :(

• Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    who played the Good vs. Evil match?

i was at work and missed the entire thing :(

Team Good (No Phoenix on their team)
    Noel Brown
    Marlin Pie
    PR Balrog
    Justin Wong
    Combofiend

vs.

Team Evil (Phoenix on their team)
    Don't remember
    F. Champ
    Flocker
    Tokido
    Viscant

Came down the last game between Viscant and ComebackFiend, well worth watching when the archive goes live like the EC vs. WC was last night.

AE World vs. USA going on now, just had a really close match between Tokido and Wolfkrone.

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Lawyer gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpmqQvtf88Q

Phoenix Wright: It was Albert Wesker, in the Mansion, with the Knife!

• Options
    SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    attn Kinderparty:

My phone's battery is low so I'm keeping it turned off except when needed. Get in touch with me via Riley. I still never managed to find anyone who knew exactly what time Marvel teams starts tomorrow so I'm probably going to show up at the venue early.

poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I know you're primarily a GAF'er, Six, but good luck.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Please don't mention multiple man or I'll be stuck thinking about what could have been. He could have a special where every time you hit him he makes a dupe. The dupes either take a hit for him, or if enough dupes pop out they all grab you and beat you down. He could have specials based around how many dupes he has out, and his moves could change as more dupes pop out.

...how weird would a character who WANTS to get hit be in Mahvel?

• Options
    Fig-D wrote:
    This is where I'd have to disagree.

I'd rather have the same rules apply to everyone than have some characters act one way with a move while others act another. It bugged me in Street Fighter IV too, where some characters became airborne during their back dash and others didn't.

And before someone slippery slopes my argument, note that I'm talking about same, comparable moves. Air dashes, ground dashes, etc working under universal rules. NOT that all characters should have all the tools that others have, or that "similar-but-not-the-same" moves should be "the same" (projectile durability).

I have to stand by the idea that it's a lousy choice to make for every character. I can totally understand for characters with fast air dashes like Doom and Magneto; the exposure time for their air dash is minimal but the air dash can give them great benefits. But since they're high-pressure characters, being vulnerable during those dashes can force them to play more deliberately. But for somebody like Spidey, his web movement is the only way he can keep up pressure and move at a decent speed yet his actual "air dash" speed is pretty slow.

On top of that, what about teleporting characters? Air dashes have to at least attack from the front. There's, what, 5 or 6 characters that can teleport/dash behind you? And most of those happen faster than air dashes. It doesn't make any sense to completely nerf air dashes and yet teleporting remains the same.

Mainly, I detest the notion of a roster-wide nerf on air dashes because it just screams laziness. Not all air dashes are equal in effectiveness or function, yet Capcom is just completely bailing out on the idea of trying to handle them in a common sense way. It's would be like nerfing all projectiles because one character has overpowered ones; yeah, it fixes the problem, but it also screws over characters that weren't pet characters or are already in the "screwed" category.

Plus, some characters getting to do some things that other characters don't is the entire design of the game. Who would want to play if all the characters had identical moves with identical hitting power?

• Options
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Great way to show off parry.

Edit: Crowd reaction for dat hype.

Daris on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    So, am I understanding whatever they were saying in that video correctly? That Phoenix Wright has to gather pieces of "evidence" to perform that move of his?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Looks like Noel Brown... Got "Skrull-Fucked"

• Options
    edited October 2011
    So, am I understanding whatever they were saying in that video correctly? That Phoenix Wright has to gather pieces of "evidence" to perform that move of his?

Phoenix Wright has to gather 3 pieces of "good" evidence in order to enter Turnabout Mode. Its only in that mode that he can use his Level 3.

Also, each piece of evidence has unique properties that give Phoenix a different projectile move in Courtroom Mode. Only good pieces of evidence can be used in that way though, bad pieces have to be tossed in Investigation Mode (and they act like Hsien Ko's thrown items, only once you throw a piece of evidence the slot that it occupied becomes empty).

Fig-D on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    So, is 3 pieces of good evidence just the requirement to enter Turnabout Mode? And you can go into Courtroom without all three? Seemed from the videos (at least, the few that would load) that he would always have 3 good pieces before the player went Courtroom.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    SabreMau wrote:
    So, is 3 pieces of good evidence just the requirement to enter Turnabout Mode? And you can go into Courtroom without all three? Seemed from the videos (at least, the few that would load) that he would always have 3 good pieces before the player went Courtroom.

You can switch between courtroom and investigation at anytime, but it really doesn't make sense to get into courtroom until you have all three good pieces of evidence. Maybe you'll want the better zoning tools and judge OTG hyper, but you'll need to get back into investigation at some point to get all your evidence.

PW is kind of a reverse Phoenix. Where Jean players want her OP mode to come at the very end of a match for the XF lvl 3 bonus, PW players likely want to enter Turnabout as soon as possible.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    And what happens when the Turnabout timer runs out and you haven't landed your level 3? Do you lose your evidence and have to go collect it again, or do you merely have to connect with one more Objection to get back into it?

SabreMau on