As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATTLEFIELD 3] Be advised

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    And that's it.

Beta is now officially over. I can't wait for people to find out that jets are actually more powerful than they were in BF2.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    GutterkisserGutterkisser Registered User regular
    bg-update.jpg

• Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    TheExAm wrote:

hahahahaha oh god, the infinite C4 glitch returns!

Copy paste from BC2 confirmed :P

god I hate that bug.

2 more weeks gents...cya there!

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    This is going to be a long 18 days

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    YannYann Registered User regular
    So what's a good pre-order option? just through Origin?

• Options
    wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
    That's what I did.

• Options
    Angry WeaselAngry Weasel Registered User regular
    So what the fuck do I do now? I have no other go-to game at all...

• Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    time to be a productive member of society for the next few weeks

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Thank you Beta...It was good times. But i'm pumped to play a full rotation of maps on conquest!

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Tried to play Bad Company 2 with Satchmo and another gent who's name eludes me atm. That was like going from eating steak to eating play-doh.

Two more weeks :(

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Gentlemen I am in as I was from the start. Can't wait to get going in retail and rock out with the 101 and 102.

Pros- Battlelog. Class structure/gadgets are so appealing its hard to choose as they all fill very cool roles.

Cons- hit detection. Flashlights.

I honestly was very underwhelmed by caspian. Vehicles awesome, map was not. But theres plenty more. The antenna is same as retard island. It will be exploded asap just to keep the dummies from camping thinking they are helping. Recons are worthless on caspian. At least in BC2 they could mortar tanks. Now we got nothing. But beta lol.

TOG lets band up and rock out play for free. (( lets NOT ))

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    mojojoeo wrote:
    Gentlemen I am in as I was from the start. Can't wait to get going in retail and rock out with the 101 and 102.

Pros- Battlelog. Class structure/gadgets are so appealing its hard to choose as they all fill very cool roles.

Cons- hit detection. Flashlights.

I honestly was very underwhelmed by caspian. Vehicles awesome, map was not. But theres plenty more. The antenna is same as retard island. It will be exploded asap just to keep the dummies from camping thinking they are helping. Recons are worthless on caspian. At least in BC2 they could mortar tanks. Now we got nothing. But beta lol.

TOG lets band up and rock out play for free. (( lets NOT ))
    Recons will be WAY more awesome on Caspian once they get their other toys. Laseeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssssssssss.

Yea, I just tried to play BF2 actually. That wasn't all that pleasant either. 2142, you're my only hope!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    So the gun club reward for BF3 is the M1911?

Have they announced any veteran bonuses?

If that's all it is, then I'll take this opportunity to create a new Origin account so I can finally change my name.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    And no one plays 2142.

WELP, guess I'm not playing any sort of BF for two weeks.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    i'm starting to get the shakes, man

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Beltaine wrote:

If that's all it is, then I'll take this opportunity to create a new Origin account so I can finally change my name.

I *think* that Battlelog will let you maintain more than one soldier once it officially launches. At least that's my hope.

• Options
    Turambar wrote:
    i'm starting to get the shakes, man

Yea, I need to get my fix somehow. This is god damn ridiculous.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    That beta vastly exceeded all of my expectations. This is going to be a tough 2 weeks.

• Options
    Thankfully I leave for work tomorrow so I'll burn one week on a boat. Unfortunately this means there's a very good chance I'll be working on release day.

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Yep, withdrawal symptoms already. I might have to give BC2 a final salute on Xbox, it served me well.

A little bummed we're getting it two days later down here, but really the closer to the weekend the better... my job really suffered this past week. Just hope I still make the cut for one of the Arcadian platoons.

I think my fondest memories from the Beta involve the M249 with foregrip, Kobra optics and extended belt. Once I unlock mortar in retail I'm going to be one happy Support.

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Maybe if I watch a youtube of the game being played at full screen I can pretend

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    That_Guy wrote:
    That beta vastly exceeded all of my expectations. This is going to be a tough 2 weeks.

lets all grow manly 2 week beta beards. best beard by launch gets honor and glory.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Is there any sort of guide out there for Metro? I can shoot mans just fine but there's other stuff going on that I've no idea about. I see drones and missiles flying and I have no idea why, how to stop it, if the missiles even matter, etc etc.

• Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I have to say, I was looking forward to this beta. When I first got into it I was a little worried. Map glitches galore and I really don't like Rush. I stuck it out and powered through metro, learning the quirks of their beta setup and powering through rush games. I loved the gameplay, but reaffirmed my dislike of Rush. And I started to wonder if I really would preorder it. It seemed like I was having a tough go of it on Metro. I thought that Conquest, my true bread and butter, would be better, but I wasn't sure.

I am SO glad they let us play on Caspian Border. I dug the conquest modes, loved the map too. The light and dark of the shadows made the Forest/Hilltop fights AWESOME. Plus the Gas Station/Antenna tank slugfests pretty awesome too. It's on like donkey kong with my preorder now!

Things I hope get fixed over time:
    -Let anyone give squad commands, not just the leader
    -Better pre-match and in-between match menu options (settings, loadouts, etc)
    -Better damage for Engr AA missle. Sucked getting hit indications, but never points and then another plane would score the kill.

Other than that, I think it's awesome, I definately need to explore weak points on vehicles more. I'm pretty sure the engineer RPG can disable a tank in 1 shot from the rear but it the front and side armor take little damage.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mojojoeo wrote:
    That_Guy wrote:

lets all grow manly 2 week beta beards. best beard by launch gets honor and glory.

I already started a month ago. Does it still count?

• Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    vamen wrote:
    Is there any sort of guide out there for Metro? I can shoot mans just fine but there's other stuff going on that I've no idea about. I see drones and missiles flying and I have no idea why, how to stop it, if the missiles even matter, etc etc.

If you're talking about the big launchers then no, they're just for flavour. The only other things you need to know is that you need to cap two points on the map, marked on your map. Once they blow up the game moves on to the next section.

The drones or EOD bot is equipment other players use

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    That_Guy wrote:
    mojojoeo wrote:
    That_Guy wrote:

No. Start over.

While for you'all it is the longest and you will toil - For me its 2 weeks that I'll be getting a married on Grand Cayman island. Only to return the day after launch from a gatsby style booze fueled honeymoon- having a full four MORE days off from work to play this game.

Back half of October may be the greatest back half of any month ever.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    Yeah as someone mentioned earlier, one aspect of CoD that would really benefit this game is saved loadouts. Even if you just had two favourite setups for each class, it would make a world of difference in reacting to changes in the combat situation.

• Options
    Just tried to get back into BC2... feels like a really old game now. Sorry game but the 636 hours I used you for will be the end. May you rest in my steam library for all time.

• Options
    Just tried to get back into BC2... feels like a really old game now. Sorry game but the 636 hours I used you for will be the end. May you rest in my steam library for all time.

i tried this after alpha. you can take so much damage in BC2

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    So with retail will I need to launch origin then go to battlelog or once the game's installed can I just go straight to the battlelog and log in there?

And is there a "best" pre-order option?

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    What's this about the 1911? How do I get one?

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    So with retail will I need to launch origin then go to battlelog or once the game's installed can I just go straight to the battlelog and log in there?

When you go to the battlelog and launch your game from there it will automatically launch origin. You don't need to load it up before hand.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Boy, after revisiting BC2 this Am, the engineers in BF3 have much better AA hit ability.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Yeah, a few people were unhappy with how they opened Origin, clicked on the game, which opened Battlelog, which opened the game, but all you need to do is open Battlelog and join a server and Origin and the game will start and everything will be just alright. And if you keep the web page and Origin open then you will get into games faster than you ever did in BC2.

• Options

If you start in battlelog and start the game it launched Origin to launch the game - might as well just keep origin online and hit the "x" to hide it.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Beltaine wrote:

I *think* that Battlelog will let you maintain more than one soldier once it officially launches. At least that's my hope.

I had 4 soldiers. 2 on PC and 1 each on PS3/360.

Not sure how/why I had the 2 PC ones.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options

mojojoeo wrote:
    That_Guy wrote:
    mojojoeo wrote:
    That_Guy wrote:

No. Start over.

While for you'all it is the longest and you will toil - For me its 2 weeks that I'll be getting a married on Grand Cayman island. Only to return the day after launch from a gatsby style booze fueled honeymoon- having a full four MORE days off from work to play this game.

Back half of October may be the greatest back half of any month ever.

Congratulations on getting married. Since you will be in the Caymans anyway, I would suggest you open a bank account and put a chunk of money in there. You never know when you will need some untraceable money or an offshore bank account. It could really come in handy one day.

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Be advised, beta is over.

This discussion has been closed.