Options

Graphical Issues

stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
In the past couple of days when I play either bad company 2, or Mount and Blade Warband, or the BF3 Beta I am having terrible performance issues, odd graphical artifacting, such as rainbow textures, or gray bits, or the entire screen going green for a second the back to normal. The graphics card is a nvidia geforce 9600 gt I have checked on the heat, and my card seems to be running at around 70c while my cpu core is at 42c. My games will also occasionally freeze when I alt-tab them, so I am unsure if it is just a heat issue.

I removed the graphics card, cleaned out all dust (there was some), and reinserted it. will see what comes.

not sure exactly whats going on, but there was some improvement after the cleaning. I still get the occasional moment of freezing, not excited about that.

steam_sig.png
stopgap on

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Have you updated your drivers recently?

• Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Recent driver updates, rollbacks, however, I am beginning to wonder if it may be the games problem. I checked on the forums, and it seems that Warband: Mount and Blade, has "issues", honestly, my computer is getting older, so I may just tinker until I have the money to upgrade. I do wonder though, if I am unsure of the issue, should I hazard putting a new video card in an older machine which may have "issues"?

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png