As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
edited May 2012 in Games and Technology
158_big.jpg

_les_origines_en.png
Blood Bowl is an ultra violent team sport, based on the Warhammer fantasy world. Build up your team with Orcs, Elves, Dwarfs and many other fantasy creatures before jumping into the bloodiest arenas! Blood Bowl was originally created by Jervis Johnson and Games Workshop in 1987. The board game, a parody of the Warhammer world and American Football, met with success in the 80s and the 90s. The world’s largest Tabletop Wargames company continues to sell the game's miniatures today. Also, its creator never stopped improving and enriching Blood Bowl’s game system and universe with several rule changes.

Today, Blood Bowl remains very popular around the world thanks to a large community of players and numerous dedicated fansites. As for old Blood Bowl players, they have unforgettable memories of all the passionate games they used to play. Throughout the years, the original Blood Bowl game has earned a legendary status.

_le_jeu_en.png
The game is a combination of a tactical game and a sports game The basics are extremely simple: two teams, one ball. The team that carries the ball into the opponent's end zone scores a touchdown, the team with the most touchdowns at the end of the game is the winner. However, it’s how you decide to do this that makes things interesting, the ends justify the means! It’s not just the players you have at your disposal either. You can bribe the referee’s to look the other way as you cripple or trample annoying opponents and hire illegal wizards to give you a hand directly from the crowd… Blood Bowl severely tests the finest tacticians' strategies. Note: This is not anything resembling a Madden type game with Orcs, it is a TURN BASED game.

Main Website:
http://www.bloodbowl-game.com
Forums:
http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/
Some Additional Information:
http://bbtactics.com/
Good information for Newbies(Everyone):
http://fumbbl.com/help:The+Taoch!+of+Blood+Bowl:+A+Condensed+Guide+for+Newbies
Game Rules:
Competition Rules
Good bit of Rule explanation:
BB Forum explaining what nots
Steam Group Info for all PA players of any League:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pabb

To Join our League:
Go into BB:LE
Go to Multiplayer
Internet Leagues
Login to your online account
Create a New Team as we're starting the League with "New" teams only
Click on "Leagues"
Select - PA Regular League

League Info:
RULES
Currently we are going by Gentleman ruleset. Don't be a Goose. Don't Disconnect if your losing. Don't Concede if you're losing. Try to get your game played in a reasonable time frame (One Week currently per game, may be adjusted later).

To keep the League flowing I'm instituting a new rule - If you are incommunicado for a week or more, you may be dropped for someone that is willing to be more active. As always, there are exceptions and what not, but if you can't send me a PM to let me know that there is an issue, then I can't guarantee your spot will still be there when you come back.

12 man Rule:
You have 12 men on the field of play. You are unable to remove one to make it 11. What do you do?

Player with the extra man:
- Move the offending player to the far corner of the end zone and not touch him unless he needs to move him to the other corner as the game play progresses. This player may not make any move other than to get out of the way of traffic and should never be in the way of traffic.

Player without the extra man:
- Will NOT touch the offending player and pretend it does not exist.

If you want your game validated in a timely manner, contact me either through Steam(preferred for quicker response times) or PM me here.

How do I know who I am playing and how do I actually Play a match?
Hey Banzai, Who do I play next?

First - go to the Multiplayer -> Internet Leagues

Enter Login/Pword and CONNECT

You will be on the Overview tab - click the LEAGUES tab on the top, between Community and Play!

first box, will have Auld World in it (black box with a Red banner at the end with a white urm... thing cuz I forget the name of that thing.. Chevron?

CLick the White chevron or in the black box, not the Pretty BROWN Auld World Banner.

Select the League in question - for Regular it will be listed under private Leagues and "PA GT League"

This brings you to the PA Regular League page(or the Open/Speed/etc.)

Now for the hard part, click CALENDAR.

It will bring up the FULL calendar for this League - and even tell you what Match Day you currently are on. Note the Day, scroll down as needed to find that Day and see who you are going to play. Or who you will play from then on out if so desired.

But Banzai, that's well and good, I now know I Play YOU! How do I challenge you and get this easy win?

From wherever you are click the PLAY tab at the TOP.

This will bring up a list of all your teams in their respective Leagues. Find the League/Team you are supposed to beat me with(Say the Regular one) and click that Team name(on the TOP part under Teams, not Under "PA Regular League"

Now we have your team selected, look under the League heading down below and your Name will be highlighted and low and behold you'll see you are up against my famous Human team of losing. CLICK there. Yes, anywhere on that line to highlight it in Red.

Ok, now is the complicated part. Your opponent needs to be ONLINE and in Blood Bowl at this point in time, so if you have not set this up ahead of time, it won't work. But since you are playing Me, I'm there and waiting.

Next to the League Name is a Football and a "Play Match!" button that is so fucking ridiculously inconspicuous that I don't have words to describe it.

Now click that Button and it will send a challenge, which appears in the opponents lower right hand side of the screen. They click accept and boom, the process of playing the game is now under way.

Please NOTE: If you are SENDING the Challenge, then YOU ARE HOSTING the game. You may/will/need/probably have to do some port forwarding for this to work. These ports are 9103 and 16962 - note they need to be TCP/UDP not just TCP. Any questions on how to do this go here - http://portforward.com/ select your router, then Blood Bowl and do what it says to do.

League Name: PA Regular League
League Password: Usual Password for PA type things
wang

Fine Gents that have Signed up!

PA Regular League
Blood Bowl Coach Name - PA Name - STEAM Name
[PA]Draeven - @Draeven - -=v=-Dreaded rear Admiral
[PA]Drake - @Drake - Drake
Banzai5150 - @Banzai5150 - Banzai5150
BlitzAce1981 - @BlitzAce1981 - BlitzAce1981
Custom Special - @Custom Special - F4ll0ut
Docshifty - @Docshifty - Docshifty
Drome - @Drome - Drome
Dudeman - @DudemanX - Dudeman
ebotacular - @ebotastic - eboll
Elvenshae - @Elvenshae - Elvenshae
Extreaminatus - @Extreaminatus - Extreaminatus
Fooms - @Foomy - foomy.fooms
Gabriel Pitt - @Gabriel_Pitt - Null_Cypher
Gnizmo - @Gnizmo - Gnizmo
KafkaAU - @KafkaAU - Kafka
Kafkanhound - @Kafka87 - kafka87
Mallishious - @Kharnastus - Athrogate
moleface - @moleface - moleface
Moridin889 - @Moridin889 - Moridin889
Palington - @Lord Palington - Lord Palington
papercuts6 - @papercuts6 - Paper
Stopgap - @Stopgap - Stopgap
TheInspector - @TheInspector - TheMountebank
TheLawinator - @TheLawinator - TheLawinator
Tiger Burning - @Tiger Burning - Tiger Burning
TNTrooper - @TNTrooper - TNTrooper
Veevee - @Veevee - Veevee
WSDX - @Rami - WSDX

The PA Open League:
This League is ran by Rami(Steam:WSDX)

Search for 'The PA Open League'

Rules:
Any teams may apply
Usual password
No matchmaking (play whoever you want)
No limit on matchups (but please refrain from playing the same person over and over again with the same teams)
Turn based (of course)
You may enter more than 1 team

It's set as a championship I believe but there is no real championship to be had, just a palce to easily find PA matchups with similar teams.

Extension League:

Stunty League:
Fooms - @Foomy - foomy.fooms
SesshouBB - @chrisnl - cleblanc1978
TNTrooper - @TNTrooper - TNTrooper
Veevee - @Veevee - Veevee
Edg1e - @Edgie - Edgie1337
Banzai5150 - @Banzai5150 - Banzai5150
mrt1212 - @mrt144 - Pope Bourbon I
TheInspector - @TheInspector - The Mountebank

Speed League:

50433.png?1708759015
Banzai5150 on

• lostprophetlostprophet Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Dudes whose coach names differ from their PA names.

Coach name - PA name
    1. Mvickers - M-Vickers
    2. mEEks - mEEksa
    3. Fooms - Foomy
    4. [PA]Drake - Drake
    5. macg91 - lostprophet
    6. Witchalok - Kristmas Kthulu
    7. ZH-kuvl - Zombie Hero
    8. TroubleBrewin - troublebrewing
    9. Exeunt - Drunken Bastard
    10. Dudeman - DudemanX
    11. Gabriel Pitt - Gabriel_Pitt
    12. WSDX - Rami
    13. [PA]Draeven - Draeven

lostprophet on
    Steam: macg1991
    wotuserbar01.jpg: macg1991
    Check out the Penny Arcade World of Tanks thread to join us in some fun times.
  • VicWhitenVicWhiten Registered User regular
    Any chance you could put the races next to the team names? I'm curious as to what everyone went :)

camo_sig2.png
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    OP is a work in Progress, any suggestions are welcome.

50433.png?1708759015
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    No conceding seems harsh in a league with chaos =0

steam xbox - adeptpenguin

Oh man, what does that mean? Also, I heard all of us were new to the game so I'm guessing there won't be much curb stomping?

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Aw Chaos isn't that bad

They start out kind of weak, actually, they just have a loooooot of room for explosive growth

edited October 2011
    Grrr... I added all the Races and their Strengths and Weaknesses to the OP and it was too big :(

edit: had to take out my fancy graphics to make it fit.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Okay, so hideously newbie at this. What the hell, though - I'd like to try it out. Is there room for one more?

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Looks like we have a nice variety of teams happening.

I'm looking forward to playing this game with all of you. There should be some good fun in this thing.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Aside from what's already there, I'd also point out a couple things for the teams in terms of strengths and weaknesses

Nurgle, Undead, Necromantic, and Khemri cannot take an Apothecary at all. Instead, they have a Necromancer that takes the Apothecary's place (or in Nurgle's case, it's represented by the Nurgle's Rot skill) which if they kill an opposing player, they get a free Rotter/Skeleton/Zombie at the conclusion of the game. All of these teams generally have Regeneration on most or all of their players to help them survive, but not this makes the players that do not have Regeneration that much more fragile on these teams (Rotters for Nurgle, Ghouls for Undead/Necromantic)

Also, as far as strengths go Nurgle is extremely adept, even with a fresh team, at shutting down a passing game due to Disturbing Presence on their Nurgle Warriors and Beast of Nurgle.

And I'd reinforce the fact that being able to take Mutations on a normal roll for Nurgle, and especially Chaos, is a massively huge long term strength that shouldn't be underestimated. A Minotaur with Tentacles and Stand Firm is a wonderfully frustrating road block, even moreso than the Beast of Nurgle most of the time, single Really Stupid causes the player to lose their tackle zones for the remainder of the turn, while Wild Animal does not.

• SceptreSceptre Registered User regular

Oh man, what does that mean? Also, I heard all of us were new to the game so I'm guessing there won't be much curb stomping?

While I doubt there will be that many of us who are really good at the game, occasionally the dice will just work against you and kill off your entire team. My first game I ended up playing some veteran guy with over 2000 games. I managed to draw the game, but mainly by killing 3 of his team members, injuring 4 others and the rest spent the entire game running away from my angry werewolves. I could have won too, but I didn't realize that we were in the last turn.

• taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Sceptre wrote:

While I doubt there will be that many of us who are really good at the game, occasionally the dice will just work against you and kill off your entire team. My first game I ended up playing some veteran guy with over 2000 games. I managed to draw the game, but mainly by killing 3 of his team members, injuring 4 others and the rest spent the entire game running away from my angry werewolves. I could have won too, but I didn't realize that we were in the last turn.

indeed, i just made a new orc team to try and get back in the groove since i haven't played in a year or so..brand new chaos team killed/SI'd half of my brand new orc team :(

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    I'm probably going to be super terrible and looking at this mainly as a "learn how to even remotely play" experience.

Sure. I can barely hold my own against the AI, and that's when I'm not getting diced to death. :P

I'm just looking to have some laffs with some PAers with this game. It's pretty much the perfect vehicle for some quick turn-based goofin' off while still keeping some light and friendly competition going.

edited October 2011
    Talios added to League

Race information pulled out of OP due to pushing it over the character limit and me not in the mood to figure out how to prune it down enough to allow other things added to the OP as time goes on.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'd be keen to play, but Australian time zone! About what timeish would people be looking at playing their games? The last league I played in I would usually be able to match up my saturday/sunday morning with an American friday/saturday night.

Also are you playing time limited turns? I have a young bub which may require an urgent AFK (although if needed I'll take the hit!). Also I found time limited turns is quite tough for new players.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
    I'd prefer the timed turns just to keep the games moving at a decent pace.

I know I can get lost in the moment when looking over all my actions in a game like this. I'll accept the extra difficulty, just so I don't keep my opponent waiting. Especially since I'm not really "in it to win it."

edited October 2011
    Okay, I applied. My manager name is the same as here.

My team is the Ailin' Horesons; a doughtier bunch of dwarven kneebiters you'll never find!

Elvenshae on
  • cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    Four minutes is plenty of time to make moves, even if you're not very experienced (two minutes is good if you are). Without a time limit, games can easily last over two and a half hours. Also, I suggest that write little match reports after they're finished with a game. You can describe any major events that happened and if you want can be creative. I can't wait to get into BB again!

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Valid point on the time limit. I'll sign up when I get home from work. Hopefully TZ won't be too much of an issue. I'll pick a race which hasn't been picked yet to get some more diversity.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • bamjobamjo Registered User regular
    I just got this and I have a question. How do I add players to the field on a kickoff? When I have injuries/KO's and it says I don't have enough players on the field, I can't add more. I can only swap between players already on the field and my bench. I see their names on the right side of the screen, but when I click on the name then on the field nothing happens.

Yeah, honestly, 4 minutes is a LONG time for the turn limit. Even for new players I would have suggested possibly 3.

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    If I've never played the game ever would I be unwelcome in this tournament?

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    None of us really has any experience playing this game.

I look forward to seeing the confusion and chaos on the field as the commentators heckle us mercilessly.

• Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Is this a newbie only kind of thing? I've been thinking about re-installing.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    I'd be tempted to join, except for 3 things; 1) I'm completely out of practice (not that I was any good anyway), 2) I'm in the UK, making it difficult to arrange matches due to timezones, and 3) there are entirely too many other games out at the moment, and nowhere near enough time.

Granted, number 3 is a minor excuse that is easily bypassed, but whatever.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    I might join in. I also haven't played before but I would like to learn.

The biggest reason I want to play is that it will probably only take up an hour each week.

Should be fun :D

Banzai5150 wrote:
    Talios added to League

Race information pulled out of OP due to pushing it over the character limit and me not in the mood to figure out how to prune it down enough to allow other things added to the OP as time goes on.

I just realized I'm hogging up the second post so if you want I could edit it to include league info or race info our whatever

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Sceptre wrote:
    The biggest reason I want to play is that it will probably only take up an hour each week.

Should be fun :D

Plan on 2-2.5 hours each week when you factor in meeting up online, BB's periodic connection frustrations, and a more realistic game length given the apparent newness of most coaches in this league.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    I think Lord Snot and Cpugeek are the only experienced players so far, and maybe Talios though I'm unsure. So we have a decent mix of newbies and veterans.

As far as time zomes go, well, we are just doing 1 match a week guys. It'd probably be possible to work something out with most people.

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I've put a Dwarf team application in. GMT +0 (EST +5, PST+8). Stunties.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote:
    I think Lord Snot and Cpugeek are the only experienced players so far, and maybe Talios though I'm unsure. So we have a decent mix of newbies and veterans.

As far as time zomes go, well, we are just doing 1 match a week guys. It'd probably be possible to work something out with most people.

Only Cpugeek, actually, I know sod all about this game.

Added-
    ElvenShae
    nicofelle
    KafkaAU

50433.png?1708759015
    Ok for those in the know... To start the league Do I need to do anything? OR do we just randomly play people? OR do I need to create a game schedule? Kinda was hoping it was automated, but if not I'll make a schedule.

50433.png?1708759015
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I'm nicofelle, might as well put my forum name up there.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    Banzai5150 wrote:
    Added-
    ElvenShae
    nicofelle
    KafkaAU

Woo! Y'all may or may not be goin' down!

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I might be up for this despite having dick for experience.

With my cheaty team of gobbos, of course

YL9WnCY.png
    Added -
    Adellios

50433.png?1708759015
    Is there anyway to Mod/Change the layout of the game UI? The chat window is so HUGE and the icons on the right side are large, and if there are players listed on the right sided(Why are they listed there anyway?) they take up another large chunk of real estate.

50433.png?1708759015