As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Signed up with Goblins.

If you're gonna lose, then lose while riding a pogostick.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Ok, ANYONE is able to play... I'm planning on kicking this off on Friday the 14th, unless there is any reason someone can tell me to postpone?

Lastly, does anyone have ANY idea how to actually set up the matches?

50433.png?1708759015
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Bethryn wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Signed up with Goblins.

If you're gonna lose, then lose while being digested by a troll.

YL9WnCY.png
  • GospreyGosprey Registered User regular
    OK, signed up with Amazons - `Norse Without Beards'

• Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    Applied with my Khemri team "The Sand Vipers".
    Coach name is Exeunt, I'm on GMT+1 (Germany).

Not a total newbie to this game...but my legendary crappy dice rolls will make up for it.

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Hm. Well if one German signs up, I might do it too!
    Will do it later when I am home then!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Bethryn wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Signed up with Goblins.

If you're gonna lose, then lose while fumbling a bomb into your cage.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Hmm. Now that some experienced players are in, I'm feeling the need to actually learn what the fuck is going on in this game.

Time to dig up that .pdf file I guess.

• BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular

Not a total newbie to this game...but my legendary crappy dice rolls will make up for it.

Given my luck with the dice, I'm looking forward to our inevitable bloodbath of a match where half the players on our teams commit suicide instead of blocking, and my Beast Of Nurgle ends up collecting the ball in both halves, only to roll Really Stupid for every single turn.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    The three plus one step primer (that is full of lies) to play better Blood Bowl:

1) As your turn end as soon as you fail a roll this means the key aim is to roll as few dice as possible at the best possible odds
    2) To support aim 1 learn what the odds are for the basic actions with your players off by heart.
    3) Your Blitz is the most important move of your turn so think really hard about the when, where and who of the Blitz.
    +1) Remember to stand up your players before doing risky moves.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I'll be signing up in the very near future with some Nurgles.

Edit: Goooooo Poxadins!

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    edited October 2011

Given my luck with the dice, I'm looking forward to our inevitable bloodbath of a match where half the players on our teams commit suicide instead of blocking, and my Beast Of Nurgle ends up collecting the ball in both halves, only to roll Really Stupid for every single turn.

Yep, that sounds like a likley out come. Also we will fail that last extra move EVERY FUCKIING TIME before the TD line and then the ball bouces out of bounds to the other teams runner :P

Drunken Bastard on
  • GospreyGosprey Registered User regular
    You guys are amateurs, the best way to lose is to be the receiving team and have your designated thrower completely fail to pick up the ball in backfield multiple times until he is surrounded by the opposing offense.

edited October 2011
    Gosprey wrote:
    You guys are amateurs, the best way to lose is to be the receiving team and have your designated thrower completely fail to pick up the ball in backfield multiple times until he is surrounded by the opposing offense.

I didn't mention that cause thats a given with Khemri..
    I actually pick the ball up as a last move in the 1st turn.

Drunken Bastard on
    I had a person intercept my bomb throw and toss it back.

YL9WnCY.png
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Oh god there are people who seem to know what they're talking about, close the sign ups!

• troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    I'm having trouble deciding what team to play.

I kinda want to play Undead but it looks like the league has a few of those already. Dwarves are cool if a little one note, maybe Norse but I kinda wouldn't know where to go with them... decisions, decisions.

Corpekata wrote:
    Oh god there are people who seem to know what they're talking about, close the sign ups!

Yeah we're going to get bumfucked by some people :P I may have a losers bowl instead of a winner's cup! ;)

50433.png?1708759015
    Norse but I kinda wouldn't know where to go with them...

Step 1) Find mans
    Step 2) Hit mans
    Step 3) Profit.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

• taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular

Step 1) Find mans
    Step 2) Hit mans
    Step 3) Profit.

More like find mans, hit mans, skull- reroll- skull- blow up because of your weak av.

steam xbox - adeptpenguin

Step 1) Find mans
    Step 2) Hit mans
    Step 3) Profit.

See that's a man who understands Blood Bowl. The ball is just there to distract you.

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    My goblin cheaters team were highly successful. Killed/seriously injured marginally more people then their own team!

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

Step 1) Find mans
    Step 2) Hit mans
    Step 3) Profit.

See that's a man who understands Blood Bowl. The ball is just there to distract you.

What about the Touchdown field... line... area?

I kinda want to play Undead but it looks like the league has a few of those already. Dwarves are cool if a little one note, maybe Norse but I kinda wouldn't know where to go with them... decisions, decisions.

Step 1) Find mans
    Step 2) Hit mans
    Step 3) Profit.

You stroll in there when the other team is mostly dead..

I believe the proper term for it is "Designated Celebratory Dance Zone"

YL9WnCY.png
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited October 2011

Step 1) Find mans
    Step 2) Hit mans
    Step 3) Profit.

You stroll in there when the other team is mostly dead..

But if you got a team dedicated to beating the other team to death, then by the time you're through will you still have enough time to make it to the endzone (or, for that matter, pick up the ball without fumbling it)? Assuming your opponents aren't elves who fall over after a stiff breeze.

WotanAnubis on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

Step 1) Find mans
    Step 2) Hit mans
    Step 3) Profit.

Distraction for the ball, obviously.

My post was not really sound tactical advice..

Bashy teams vs elves (or other fast score teams) is hard. IF you can force a turnover youre golden, but the real trick is line of scrimmage to hope for a tackle vs. backfield setup as they WILL stream through and then throw a pass pver whole field and dance like faggots to celebrate the TD.

• molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    I'm down for this, but I own the previous version of BB and not the Legendary version. I will get the Legendary version but I won't be able to actually sign up in game until the evening of the 14th. Would a last minute sign up like that be ok?

battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular

I believe nobody has picked a necromantic team yet. That and vampires but nobody likes vampires.

My only experience with the game is watching a few matches via "Let's Play" So I'll probably be last with the team I picked.

moleface wrote:
    I'm down for this, but I own the previous version of BB and not the Legendary version. I will get the Legendary version but I won't be able to actually sign up in game until the evening of the 14th. Would a last minute sign up like that be ok?

Shouldn't be a problem, I don't think.. What's your time zone?

Right before I decide to push out the games I'll make a post. As nobody has told me a way of doing it 'in game' I"m guessing I'm going to have to manually create a season matchups and post them weekly. So whoever you are with, just keep them apprised.

50433.png?1708759015
    TO be clear. I Will need to make a schedule of games for the season manually? Then post each weeks and have everyone play out their games?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I think the game comes up with its own schedule. You'll just have the verify the result of each match.

Edit: If you don't feel like verifying all the matches, you can appoint an assistant commish to do that.

Edit 2: If anyone feels like a scrimmage, hit me up on steam.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    Banzai5150 wrote:
    TO be clear. I Will need to make a schedule of games for the season manually? Then post each weeks and have everyone play out their games?

Yeah, the game will create the schedule if you. Everyone will be able to see the schedule in the game. As league owner you'll get the power to auto-decide matches that players have failed to play (either setting a 0-0 draw or a 2-0 forfeit victory depending on how you feel towards the players.

A couple of league running tips: the RPS league I play in has 10 day windows to play a match rather than just a week - a week would be fine if real-life didn't intervene all the time, 10 days seems to be a compromise to keep the league rolling without pressuring people too much. The second is to keep people posting in this thread to keep league visibility high and keep people motivated. Finally if this big league doesn't work out (fingers crossed it does though) then consider shifting to a bunch of smaller leagues (RPS uses 4 team leagues) with promotion and relegation between them to allow players to join and drop out whilst only having to commit to a month at a time.

Banzai5150 wrote:

Yeah, the game will create the schedule if you. Everyone will be able to see the schedule in the game. As league owner you'll get the power to auto-decide matches that players have failed to play (either setting a 0-0 draw or a 2-0 forfeit victory depending on how you feel towards the players.

A couple of league running tips: the RPS league I play in has 10 day windows to play a match rather than just a week - a week would be fine if real-life didn't intervene all the time, 10 days seems to be a compromise to keep the league rolling without pressuring people too much. The second is to keep people posting in this thread to keep league visibility high and keep people motivated. Finally if this big league doesn't work out (fingers crossed it does though) then consider shifting to a bunch of smaller leagues (RPS uses 4 team leagues) with promotion and relegation between them to allow players to join and drop out whilst only having to commit to a month at a time.

Could you tell me 'how' I actually start the league? I have looked at the League page over and over and can not find a thing that says "Start" or "Create Schedule" or anything.

Also, I figured 7 days was enough, but will make it 10 days to be safe for everyone. This first league is just a test for people to get a feel for it and for me to figure out how to administrate it properly. If after this one is over, we can make smaller leagues, or whatever people are in favor of.

50433.png?1708759015
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Doesn't really matter to me either way 7 or 10 but I can't fathom someone not being able to fit a 40 minute game in a week unless they are perhaps a brain surgeon who dabbles in politics while single handedly raising 5 children because his wife was hit by a bus.

As much as i want it to suceed I will be surprised if this league makes it to round 3 without imploding :p we PA people are not good with structured environments, when we used to play fumbbl regularly we gave up on structure dleagues after a few failures and just switched to play anyone in PA whenever you want fun leagues

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    edited October 2011
    Added -

Rorus Raz - Da Tricky Gitz - Goblin
    Phoenix-D - Mobile Red Smear - Halfling
    Dristant - Mutton Mashaz - Orc
    gosprey - Norse Without Beards - Amazon
    ZH-kuvl - Poxadins - Nurgle
    El Spammo - Rutberg Raiders - Ogre
    BlitzAce1981 - The Pukes of Biohazard - Nurgle

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Rami wrote:
    Here is every game I have ever played with a big guy on my starting line up.

Bone head (or equivalent roll): failed 60% of the time!
    Block, oo 2 block dice and I get to pick!!

Skull/Double KO
    Big guys only get block on a double level up of course so despite the block die advantage all they seem to do is push a square or get knocked over.

They make a nice deterant but every single time I play I think 'why did I bother buying this guy instead of another positional?'.

Granted the only teams I have played with big guys have been treemen/ogre/rat ogre/minotaur.

That makes sense, Treemen are bad unless you're playing Halfies

Ogres I actually sort of like taking to start on a Human team, because it gives them some much needed muscle and Bone-head isn't bad as far as those penalty skills go (It's always a 2+ to succeed, compared to Really Stupid or Wild Animal's conditional 2+)

Rat Ogre is bad. Never ever ever ever ever start with a Rat Ogre and maybe never even buy a Rat Ogre unless you're somehow rolling in cash. (Which you're not because you're Skaven and your rats keep dying)

Minotaur is so fucking awesome. Seriously, while I don't suggest starting with one because Chaos has a weak start to begin with, they are always a part of my long term plans with Chaos because of how incredibly versatile they are. Big Guy with normal access to Mutations <3

• BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    For anyone still picking teams, and wanting to choose a race that hasn't been used yet, the ones remaining are "Pro" Elves, Necromantic, Vampires, and Norse.

Oh, and technically Khemri, since Drunken Bastard's team doesn't seem to have been added to the list yet. :)

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    So tempted to join in with a Necromantic team, they are so good.

But I'm really bad at setting up reliable play times.