As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    When are the weeks rolling over. Or are people lost in D3 madness?

Games are being played rather slowly so who knows when they will roll over. I'll look into more closely tomorrow and start bitching.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    No probs, just trying to keep up some momentum, we might lose too many players otherwise!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    No probs, just trying to keep up some momentum, we might lose too many players otherwise!

Yeah I feel the momentum dropping again, and I can't really go through the process of starting a new League yet again. Speed has slowed down, Stunty is stalling, blah blah blah... yadda bitch piss moan whine.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    EdgieEdgie TampaRegistered User regular
    Sorry Banzai (and everyone else I s'pose), my Stunty opponent this week has been busy with family stuff. We're trying!

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    It being D3 Day will make everything slow down for a while, as well

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Fuck that, blood bowl comes first.

But tis true. Regardless hit me up on Steam to play an open league game.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    mrt speaks truth. Play awhile, and listen!

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    Honestly, I'd much rather play a multiplayer game that is very dependent on scheduling for the sake of the other people than play something that's going to consume my life for years but I can put on hold.

• Options
    OK League Round Up and Bitch Session

Regular League
    SesshouBB vs Tiger Burning
    Dudeman vs [PA]Draeven
    TheInspector vs TheLawinator
    Banzai5150 vs WSDX
    papercuts6 vs Mallishious
    Kafkanhound vs Moridin889

Speed League
    ebotacular vs TheLawinator
    ZH-kuvl vs Stopgap
    Banzai5150 vs Veevee

Stunty League
    Fooms vs SesshouBB
    Edg1e vs TheInspector

Ok so the Regular League has been going on 3 weeks now and we have a ton of unplayed games, and a few people dropping out. Speed League seems to have lost momentum as well, and the 3 day schedule has pushed past 7 days. Stunty? Started with a whimper and is dying slowly as well. I need suggestions on what to do. I can't bitch too hard as I've not played 2 of my games either, though I'm almost always available and bad about getting in touch with my opponents.

Suggestions?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

Regular League
    Dudeman vs [PA]Draeven
    Banzai5150 vs WSDX

Speed League
    ZH-kuvl vs Stopgap
    Banzai5150 vs Veevee

Stunty League
    Fooms vs SesshouBB
    Edg1e vs TheInspector

Ok so the Regular League has been going on 3 weeks now and we have a ton of unplayed games, and a few people dropping out. Speed League seems to have lost momentum as well, and the 3 day schedule has pushed past 7 days. Stunty? Started with a whimper and is dying slowly as well. I need suggestions on what to do. I can't bitch too hard as I've not played 2 of my games either, though I'm almost always available and bad about getting in touch with my opponents.

Suggestions?

Start whipping people.

I think the format of the leagues should be different perhaps. Instead of playing seasons we should do single elimination knock outs tourneys for most people. This way, people who keep winning have motivation to stay and those who don't aren't too troubled by a loss. As for me, I want to play in a dedicated league with a season, a cup, and a playoff.

• Options
    mrt144 wrote: »

Regular League
    Dudeman vs [PA]Draeven
    Banzai5150 vs WSDX

Speed League
    ZH-kuvl vs Stopgap
    Banzai5150 vs Veevee

Stunty League
    Fooms vs SesshouBB
    Edg1e vs TheInspector

Suggestions?

Start whipping people.

I think the format of the leagues should be different perhaps. Instead of playing seasons we should do single elimination knock outs tourneys for most people. This way, people who keep winning have motivation to stay and those who don't aren't too troubled by a loss. As for me, I want to play in a dedicated league with a season, a cup, and a playoff.

Problem with single knock outs is SPP gaps increase at alarming rates making the game more 'not fun' for people.

I too would like to play a Season/Cup/Playoff(Grand Slam) but finding enough people willing to dedicate the time is nearing impossible.

The Regular League is only 3 weeks long and we only pulled off one season!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    I'm sure part of it is that school is winding down for the semester for a lot of people. I don't suppose there's a way to gift people extra cash? Maybe offer a 10k bonus for games finished on time, maybe 20k for games finished before midweek?

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    I'm sure part of it is that school is winding down for the semester for a lot of people. I don't suppose there's a way to gift people extra cash? Maybe offer a 10k bonus for games finished on time, maybe 20k for games finished before midweek?

Nope, not at all possible, the Admin tools are: Validate Game, Reset Game, IF a game has not been played you can set a score, and End week.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    TheInspectorTheInspector Registered User regular
    After my crazy week at work, I had crazy crazy shit go on in my family life. I really want to play some Blood Bowl now, and am available from tomorrow until Sunday to do it.

xbox360/WiiU: AnEvilHypnotist
  • Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular

Regular League
    Dudeman vs [PA]Draeven
    Banzai5150 vs WSDX

Speed League
    ZH-kuvl vs Stopgap
    Banzai5150 vs Veevee

Stunty League
    Fooms vs SesshouBB
    Edg1e vs TheInspector

Suggestions?
    I'll try to get together with TheLawinator tonight and play our speed league match. As far as the bigger problem at hand, I don't know. :(

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    I'm on for an open league game.

• Options
    Speed League
    my Norse Midgard's Champion's vs. TheLawinator's Dwarven Grudge Reckoners, 2-1 Champions

We both scored early on in our respective halves. First half he loses one dwarf to a foul, a second dwarf to badly hurt. Second half I lose a lineman to a damaged back and he loses a blocker to deeeaaaattthhhh. My second score came at the last turn. One berserker and one werewolf level up for me while both of his runners level up, one from MVP.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure, i mentioned just to give dudeman the win, I have no interest in playing my vampire team and or finnishing the season. Sorry.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    Draeven wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure, i mentioned just to give dudeman the win, I have no interest in playing my vampire team and or finnishing the season. Sorry.

Weak sauce. You are going in the book of grudges.

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Yeahh, well bite me !

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    Draeven wrote: »

Done.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    ebotastic wrote: »
    Speed League
    my Norse Midgard's Champion's vs. TheLawinator's Dwarven Grudge Reckoners, 2-1 Champions

We both scored early on in our respective halves. First half he loses one dwarf to a foul, a second dwarf to badly hurt. Second half I lose a lineman to a damaged back and he loses a blocker to deeeaaaattthhhh. My second score came at the last turn. One berserker and one werewolf level up for me while both of his runners level up, one from MVP.

Validated

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    BTW, Blood Bowl Legendary Edition is only $9.99 at Amazon.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    ebotastic wrote: »
    BTW, Blood Bowl Legendary Edition is only $9.99 at Amazon.

Though I heard it's not a Steam Key for those that care.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Can I still play in the leagues without a Steam key?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    R0land1188 wrote: »
    Can I still play in the leagues without a Steam key?

yes, all the league stuff is handled through the games own servers

you can just add the game to steam as a non-steam game if you want the overlay too.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Who wants to play tonight? Itching for a game.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular

Diablo 3. You are going to be itching for a really long time.

• Options
    I'd jump on, but I'm getting weird graphical glitches in games I'm playing. Not sure if it's motherboard, video card, or power source related yet, so I'm trying to limit game time until I can get that worked out.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Gnizmo wrote: »

Diablo 3. You are going to be itching for a really long time.

You can play Diablo 3 any time. But human blood bowl opponents? That's once in a blue moon. regardless, I'm going to eat dinner soon.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Stopgap, I'll be around most of the evening, but im heading out at 5 cst, so if you have time before then steam message me for our match.

Sorry about my lengthy absence.

NEW X-LEAGUE WEEK!

Kafkanhound vs. Ebo
    mrt1212 vs. KafkaAU
    Veevee vs. ZH
    Dudeman vs. CS
    TNTrooper vs. LAWINATOR
    Gnizmo vs. Doc Shifty

Let's get the other two leagues back on the rails before we address X-league, particularly the regular league. I'll roll this over next week, but im playing it more by ear. Good luck!

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Which guy is KafkaAU?

• Options
    Which guy is KafkaAU?
    Banzai5150 wrote:
    KafkaAU - @KafkaAU - Kafka
    Kafkanhound - @Kafka87 - kafka87

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    I'm out of town for the next couple of days, but I'll hopefully have internet access. Worst case I'll tether to my phone.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Game downloaded, patched and coach created!

Same as Forum name and Steam ID.

Now to just figure out how to play...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I played an epic game in FOL. Won 4-2 against lizardmen but lost 2 to death and was only down to gutter runners at the very end. I scored 4 tds in the first half to boot and he scored turn 14 and 16.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    Here I was thinking having a sudden, unexpected lack of internet connection for 5 days would screw me over in the Regular League, only to find that nothing's happened anyway.

Well, except for having to switch to a wireless connection, because my ethernet connection isn't working for no apparent reason. (Yet it works fine on my consoles. Go figure.)

Seems like even though I rolled a 1 for Internet, the league rolled a 1 for Progression, and Loner'd the reroll.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    Dude, since I joined the FOL I've played 7 games and am 3-0-5 with one sync error loss. Not terrible but man, I should have won my last game. I stalled and stalled and eventually the dice bit me and I lost 2-1. If I didn't fail a dodge roll and had made the pass and catch I would have wrapped it all up in a neat package. A skilled amazon team is all blodge and shit so meh.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I must have pissed nuffle off something fierce. Worst game ever. Failed hella rolls but I at least took half his team with me. Skills>Inducements, always. Kafkau has one helluva team.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    *Had one hell of a team. I've got at least 5 MNG for the next match. One guy lost a point of agil so he'll be getting cut. I think the rest of them are just MNG without any serious injuries, although I might be mistaken.

steam_sig.png