As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Trailers] Solidifying Iron-Clad Opinions in 2:30 or Less

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    The splash image for the killer Joe trailer looked like one of the cops from super troopers andi got really excited for a moment.

Me too!

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Hooray, Jeffery Coombs!!!

Still blows my mind that Enver Gjokaj is in stuff. I remember him in high school.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Has this one been posted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp7AQRnWsb4&feature=related

Could be interesting (I liked Gone Baby Gone and The Town)... or it could be The Men Who Stare At Goats Part II.

Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Affleck's directing track record inspires more confidence than the guy who made Goats.

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    It was posted, like, ~10 posts ago

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Sorry... Must be *really* tired here. I checked on the last 1-2 pages but must've missed it.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    "Would you rather"..... watch SAW instead?

I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the from the makers of SAW @ the end of that trailor.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    "Would you rather"..... watch SAW instead?

I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the from the makers of SAW @ the end of that trailor.

I just need to know, does Jeffrey Combs suck people brains out of their eye holes in this one?

• Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    Not a trailer but did anyone else see this and feel a little flutter? til you realized it was fake?
    tumblr_m3lkcp2KIo1qzbz8uo2_1280.jpg

now someone has to do a trailer using the games.

6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
    I will watch any movie with Jeffery Combs in it.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I will watch any movie with Jeffery Combs in it.

Spectre, that's because you are a virtuous person.

"We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Damn, what a cast... Except for Giovanni Ribisi, just plain don't like him.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Awesome - had been waiting on that one. Looks good.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I'll go see that, and I'm glad Ryan Gosling is now an action star.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So its like LA Confidential except they want you to be cheering for the bad guys? Also with LA Noire covering the same era and then a new show called LA Noire also covering the same era, I'm getting kind of LA'd out.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I pulled more of an "Untouchables 2.0 in LA" vibe. As in "these cops will cross the line to shut down the mob." Except in "The Untouchables", crossing the line meant shooting an unarmed corpse in the head to get someone to talk, while in this one crossing the line seems to be just making unarmed people into corpses.

Step Up
    Step Up 2 The Streets
    Step Up 3D
    Step Up...Revolution

Shoulda called it Step Up 4Ever or something. At least keep the naming thing consistent, damnit.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Step Up 4 the people!

Sounds a bit communist though.

wbBv3fj.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Step Up
    Step Up 2 The Streets
    Step Up 3D
    Step Up...Revolution

Shoulda called it Step Up 4Ever or something. At least keep the naming thing consistent, damnit.

Pokemon already did it, and you wouldn't want this franchise stepping on another's toes would you?

Lh96QHG.png
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    They had dueling campaign commercials for this earlier in the week, but here is the 'official' trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDGlQopwXXA

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I have hopes

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Something about Zach Galifianakis in that movie reminds me of Stephen Root

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    "He, just punched a baby."!

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Something about Zach Galifianakis in that movie reminds me of Stephen Root

When he first appeared in the trailer I thought it was Stephen Root for a second too.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Step Up
    Step Up 2 The Streets
    Step Up 3D
    Step Up...Revolution

They're saving that for the next one. Step Up 5Ever: More than 4Ever.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

oh good they brought back the nerdy little pop n lock guy

I will watch this

maybe fast forward through the talking parts

• TalkaTalka Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf2K9GzgiF0

I have no interest in this other than Anna Kendrick dancing.

I swear the writer of Training Day can only write movies about the LAPD, thats like his entire filmography.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Talka wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf2K9GzgiF0

I have no interest in this other than Anna Kendrick dancing.

Saw this trailer at my Avengers screening. Looks entertaining. Didn't notice Kendrick is it. That's another reason to see it.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I swear the writer of Training Day can only write movies about the LAPD, thats like his entire filmography.

He wrote U-571. His wiki reads like a one-trick pony. All he does is write about things he has experience with. Granted, he's good at it. You're right that he needs to diversify his projects.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

He wrote U-571. His wiki reads like a one-trick pony. All he does is write about things he has experience with. Granted, he's good at it. You're right that he needs to diversify his projects.

Why?

• Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Speaking of terrible dancing movies, whatever happened to that one dancing movie that was in a futuristic dystopia and dancing gave you psychic powers?

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

Why?

Yeah, he doesn't HAVE to make stuff up wholesale. Other writers will cover that, I'm sure.

Speaking of terrible dancing movies, whatever happened to that one dancing movie that was in a futuristic dystopia and dancing gave you psychic powers?

Footloose?

Footloose?

Labyrinth?

Why?

Because writing movie after movie about the LAPD being heroic/corrupt/apathetic to a sea of crime is like being the M NIght Schlamalongdingdong of LAPD movies.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Why?

Because writing movie after movie about the LAPD being heroic/corrupt/apathetic to a sea of crime is like being the M NIght Schlamalongdingdong of LAPD movies.

I don't know, if this is what he likes to do, if this is what people enjoy seeing, there's no real need to broaden his scope except for perhaps some personal fulfillment.

Lh96QHG.png
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

Why?

I don't know, if this is what he likes to do, if this is what people enjoy seeing, there's no real need to broaden his scope except for perhaps some personal fulfillment.

He could also keep writing the things he does in an attempt to achieve perfection in his chosen subject matter, as another kind of personal fulfillment.

This discussion has been closed.