As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 10-12-11: You're saying you can go MORE naked

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited October 2011 in Graphic Violence
X-Men Regenesis, some of the better team building moments, like Dazzler and Cyclops:

xmenregenesis1a.jpg

xmenregenesis1b.jpg

xmenregenesis1c.jpg

xmenregenesis1d.jpg

Generation Hope #12, Rockslide's best moment, everything else is downhill from here:

generationhope12a.jpg

generationhope12b.jpg

Batman & Robin #2, the third best canine companion in comics shows up, and Damian needs to chill the hell out:

batmanrobin2-2a.jpg

batmanrobin2-2b.jpg

batmanrobin2-2c.jpg

And finally, Uncanny X-Force #16 shows why proper diet is necessary:

xforceuncanny16a.jpg

xforceuncanny16b.jpg

Fantomex was eaten, so that's where the murgle came from (and it's like cutting yourself out of a whale in another page)

TexiKen on

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Man there were a lot of good X-books this week

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Is that a Mystique variant in Generation Hope?

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote:

That Hypersonic. She flies really fast.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I hope my store has Regenesis. I totes forgot to order it.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Wait...what happened to Damien?

He was turning into a well adjusted crazy person under Dick's mentorship like the rest of the bat family and now he's running around killing small animals like a future serial killer in the making?

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Okay, so my MOTW is Batman's comment to Batwoman about sidekicks in the big bat-splash.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote:
    Okay, so my MOTW is Batman's comment to Batwoman about sidekicks in the big bat-splash.

That was so awesome.

• Options
    yeah that damian page is the opposite of a MOTW

• Options
    Arivia wrote:

But she looks like her and they made the same joke about no clothes!

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Arivia wrote:
    Arivia wrote:

Her name is Transonic and that's a very basic shapeshifting joke as old as the concept

plus they're nothing alike other than being blue

• Options
    Boo. Okay.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Furu wrote:
    Arivia wrote:
    Arivia wrote:

Her name is Transonic and that's a very basic shapeshifting joke as old as the concept

plus they're nothing alike other than being blue. And having red hair. And the gun.

Fixed that for you. Regenesis did a pretty horrible job of identifying characters.

Anyways, my MOTW: "Ha! Bobby dated a crazy chick."

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote:

He was turning into a well adjusted crazy person under Dick's mentorship like the rest of the bat family and now he's running around killing small animals like a future serial killer in the making?

Isn't he already a serial-killer?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote:
    Dr. Chaos wrote:

Isn't he already a serial-killer?

He's already an assassin

They are not really the same

Though I guess you could argue that they are, thinking about it

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah an assassin is technically just a serial killer who is professional about it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    How many people has Damien killed?

I mean he was raised by Assassins and all that

But he's ten years old

There is only so much assassinating he could have done

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote:
    Yeah an assassin is technically just a serial killer who is professional about it

To quote the Team Fortress 2 "Meet the Sniper" video:
    Dad? Dad, I'm a- Ye- Not a "crazed gunman", dad, I'm an assassin! ...Well, the difference bein' one is a job and the other's mental sickness!

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Depends how vicious his lunchroom was I suppose.

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    How many people has Damien killed?

I mean he was raised by Assassins and all that

But he's ten years old

There is only so much assassinating he could have done

it isnt about the numbers of people killed, rather in those formative years something broke in damien where he wants to kill... he is kind of a parallel for james jordon jr, that despite any amount of training, explanation, surrogate loving family, fatherly advice or other, he is going to grow up to be a sociopath (as opposed to psychopath, splitting hairs really).. and bruces own opinion that allowing him to be robin isnt really helping the problem. but batman doesnt believe in lost causes

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Doesn't he cut off a guy's head in Batman and Son?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Arivia wrote:

picture of said thingy
    batwoman.jpg

edited to put in spoilers

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Assassins can stop killing anytime and probably wouldn't kill an animal just for the hell of it, a serial killer kills because they feel compelled to. I've been watching Korean movies, this is all accurate stuff.

And lets not forget, Damian could have (and should have) killed Zsasz back in Streets of Gotham but didn't, a dude who deserved that fate.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Will get some scans later, but gonna be as hard as last week to not post the entire issue and just pick one page.

Spider-Island, ASM 671, oh man!
    Spider-sense + Kung Fu.
    Morbius the secret scientist.
    Kaine normallized and re-spidey-powered!
    And a moment that has me filled with both glee and sadness, depending on it's future callbacks
    Mary Jane has her spider powers finally, and is swinging around being all, "ya I kick ass", when she hears a scream for help, then another, and knows her only choice is to go help, making her realize Spidey never had the choice either, and now she finally understands! (really touching moment, that the fanboy in me can build hope upon)

In Conclusion, if you aren't reading Spider-Island, you are really depriving yourself of a lot of fun!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    You know

That actually sounds really great

Like, the kind of great that might actually get me to read Slott's Spider-Man

• Options
    Magna InfernoMagna Inferno Registered User regular
    Ultimate X-Men 2: Spencer writes a great bobby / johnny
    XzKVF.jpg
    iIuMi.jpg
    Another great Johnny momement
    NuLui.jpg

Green Lantern 2: Sinestro teaches Hal a lesson
    ERbMk.jpg
    kNcM7.jpg
    P7viZ.jpg

ultimates-1.png
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    Is it wrong to wish Sinestro would stay the GL over in the GL book and not Hal? Because hes infinitely more entertaining.

PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    No, as long as he keeps his nazi-isms to a minimum, Sinestro is a compelling GL to read about.

• Options
    Was he actually touched for a moment there when that guy thanked him?

Sinestro developing a bit of compassion for those he protects would be a pretty cool story, I think

• Options
    edited October 2011
    It was a brief flash of compassion, yeah.

I really like Sinestro and him totally outclassing Hal, who saved one lady and then wasted time flirting with her prior to Sinestro saving everyone, was fantastic.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Blankzilla wrote:
    It was a brief flash of compassion, yeah.

I really like Sinestro and him totally outclassing Hal, who saved one lady and then wasted time flirting with her prior to Sinestro saving everyone, was fantastic.

It's a nice parallel to what Sinestro did with Korugar vs what Hal does for Earth (and supports the argument he was having with Hal)

Hal is a superhero that saves people in danger. Sinestro fixes the problem so that the danger isn't there

• Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Those Ultimate X-Men scans are really awesome. I'll have to pick it up when the trade comes out.

Green Lantern was excellent. I love how Johns writes Sinestro.

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    I still have a hard time accepting that a guy, who fans used to refer to as Space Hitler, is not having his teeth punched out by every superhero on Earth.

Or did they all forget how he led Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman, and the Anti-Monitor in an attack on Earth?

I'm all about villains having redemptive story arcs, but this is like the Joker deciding to become a superhero. You'd think the massive body-count to his name would preclude him from heroics.

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    damn that dazzler scan better mean more dazzler all the time

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Munch wrote:
    I still have a hard time accepting that a guy, who fans used to refer to as Space Hitler, is not having his teeth punched out by every superhero on Earth.

Or did they all forget how he led Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman, and the Anti-Monitor in an attack on Earth?

I'm all about villains having redemptive story arcs, but this is like the Joker deciding to become a superhero. You'd think the massive body-count to his name would preclude him from heroics.

I think people are quite realistic about how the Lanterns in general work, vis a vis Guardians are amoral idiots.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Munch wrote: »

To be far, you know

Hal Jordan

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Point.

• Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:

To be far, you know

Hal Jordan

Yeah there's that, and to answer your question Munch, it's still up in the air how much of all that they forgot. Or didn't forget. Or happened slightly differently. Or something.

• Options
    Plus there was no JSA to really take offense to space hitler these days, these kids don't know their history.

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Rans wrote:
    Keith wrote:

To be far, you know

Hal Jordan

Yeah there's that, and to answer your question Munch, it's still up in the air how much of all that they forgot. Or didn't forget. Or happened slightly differently. Or something.

Yep. ATM, the Anti-Monitor and Superboy Prime definitely do not exist in this reality. And Cyborg Superman may not as well.

Maybe in the DCnU, the Sinestro Corps War was just an extremely spirited debate.

• Options
    I mean, SCW is easily fit into the reboot

the Sinestro Corps amassed an army

assaulted Earth

was thwarted by GLs and also the Earth heroes

bam

CYpGAPn.png