As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Seven Dirty Words...and a Sculpture.

MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
edited October 2011 in Artist's Corner
Alright, fuck it. This started out as a doodle but it's going to bug me until I fix it. I've torn the sculpture down, fixed the armature, and started again:

53d89588.jpg
15523e38.jpg
e72df809.jpg

shit piss fuck cunt cocksucker motherfucker tits

Metalbourne on

• Options
    The torso's still a bit too stretched out (quicky drawover...given how far back the figure is tilting, it's possible even this it too long)-:

metal_statue3.gif

Remember, there's only about a hand-width of space (measuring across the knuckles) between the top of the sides of the pelvis (the iliac crest) and the bottom of the ribcage (press your hand to your side in that area and you'll see what I mean)- you've got about double that length, owing to positioning the obliques lower than they should be.

• Options
    that's not the head you're using to measure by. That's the armature. It's a chunk of billy mays mighty putty that will be hidden by clay once I'm done.

• Options
    alright, I've cobbled together a head in order to make some sense of this thing I have going on here:
    61a15590.jpg

• Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    that spine is bent back really far. It looks like it would be a very uncomfortable pose.