As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Happy birthd-CAWCAWCAWCAWCAW

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Carn thats wrong

1-29 its all about fun because silly builds like 5 ad carries tend to work even more often then level 30.

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    A good comp is different before 30 though. You are probably not going to have a junglerer so you won't get a solo top. I think going support + ad carry bot is a mistake before 30 as well because you can't trust the carry to actually just last hit and get CS. Then there is the fact that a lot of the time people can't fill multiple roles very well. I would rather have 5 people playing champs they know well then have 1 or 2 people playing a champ for the first time just because they think it will fill a role.
    Edit: Also Surprise party fiddlesticks + party rock anthem on loop for Dominion is my new go to for a quick game.

Neaden on
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    And then the fact that it is level 1-29 and you should be experimenting with the free week champions even if you cant play them very well. Even post 30 you should continue to experiment.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    sometimes i forget that you're all a bunch of dirty autolockers

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Normal instalocking whatever you want also makes for some interesting combos. Like I did Karma supporting AP Gragas and we destroyed a Euro lane.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Arikado wrote:
    Normal instalocking whatever you want also makes for some interesting combos. Like I did Karma supporting AP Gragas and we destroyed a Euro lane.

Doesn't karma destroy almost every lane?

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    I play normals because ranked will always have one silly goose asking us to get a role that doesn't exist in this game.

• Options
    GooseyGooseGooseyGoose Registered User regular
    What is the etiquette on 4th / 5th pick in ranked? I'm really only competent with a handful of champs. Couple of junglers, couple of AD carries, couple of AP carries. Support and Tank aren't really in my repertoire. There is something about my viability being directly correlated with my team's ability that scares me a little bit. So what is the proper play if we need a tank / support to fill the typical team comp and I'm in the bottom two picks? Do I grit my teeth, pick a tank / support, and give it my best? Or do I pick a champion I know I'm at least semi competitive with and get endlessly bitched at for the first 20 minutes of the game?

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Draygo wrote:
    And then the fact that it is level 1-29 and you should be experimenting with the free week champions even if you cant play them very well. Even post 30 you should continue to experiment.

I'm bad for experimenting with champs. I found Olaf and don't really want to play anything else, his play style is just so 'me'. Had some fun with Graves, but it's really hit-or-miss and I don't know if I'll be any good with him after his nerfs.

More experimenting!

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    If you can play a champ well that fits the team well, groovy. Play one of those.

If not, play a champ that you can play well.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I like when my whole team picks AD so I pick Annie or Veiger, because if we're only going to have 1 AP they better be damn strong at it. Then entire enemy team proceeds to build 0 MR the entire game. Every team fight is just free kills.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I like filling that slot with Lux. Laser spam forces them to build magic resistance anyway, or suffer CONSTANTLY. Twenty four seconds, at least one person loses a giant chunk of their life bar. Squishy carries beware!

Edit: Although when the other team builds four veils it makes me kind of sad. Until I remember her laser has a shorter cooldown than the passive! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Daris on
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    I've come to the conclusion any time I want to win I'm going to just play brand. Everybody always wants to go AD anyways. He just seemed to click with me, and as long as I have someone to initiate the damage output is insane. And if I lose, well he's fun.

Even just won a game where I played mid chicken. Somehow it worked.

Team was cait, brand (me and her played mid chicken) teemo (went solo top) and rammus + talon bottom.

They had jax (solo top) amumu (jungle) aniva (mid who rage quit halfway through possibly because of our cait who I reported for language ) and I can't really remember their other 2.

She was talking so much shit (cait) I put her on ignore and said fuck this, I'm taking mid. Led to a very early downed tower, cait then roaming, me mostly farming mid, and thanks to an awesome rammus and a shroom warding teemo, it was like easy mode.

Think I ended 12/4/6

The cait was 6/4/6 I think. No right to be talking smack.

Took a long time to get that FWoTD though. (summoner lvl 21)

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    The best Gragas kills are having someone at 5% health chase you... and then you turn around and body slam him to death.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote:
    I need to unlock Yorick so I can play him as a support. AD reds and quints, flat mana regen yellows and blues and just run the enemy lane out of town.

Let's play tomorrow talith, I can make this happen.
    You Ez, I Yorick?

Sounds good to me. I'll be on in the evening.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    Sampsen wrote:
    Carnarvon wrote:
    but i don't want to have fun, i want to win

But if you instalock, I assume you don't care about winning. I will then play whatever the heck I want to..

If you discuss what you want to do first, or soft lock, we can work it out and I'll play a role more suited to the current meta team comp.

this is my take, eevery game i get into it's insta lock teemo or some such character with like all ad's and i just insta lock ap soraka for the funs

• Options
    galroggalrog Registered User regular
    Just had a weird game where it was me as poppy v. Galio mid. He got a lucky first blood with creeps assassinating me but then I got 3 early kills off bottom lane and rolled to 12 3. Was weird seein those 2 champs against each other mid though.

Best part was, I was supposed to be on the other teams team before there was a queue dodge and they were whining about poppy not being able to mid, then I got to destroy them, felt good. Especially after they gave me shit after the first death.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Echo wrote:
    The best Gragas kills are having someone at 5% health chase you... and then you turn around and body slam him to death.

the best gragas kills are whens someone at 1/3 hp thinks they are safe recalling under their tower and you walk up throw your 900 damage ult and hit a 3 pointer

• Options
    galroggalrog Registered User regular
    Jars wrote:
    Echo wrote:

the best gragas kills are whens someone at 1/3 hp thinks they are safe recalling under their tower and you walk up throw your 900 damage ult and hit a 3 pointer

silky smooth jumper

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Talith wrote:
    Talith wrote:
    I need to unlock Yorick so I can play him as a support. AD reds and quints, flat mana regen yellows and blues and just run the enemy lane out of town.

You Ez, I Yorick?

Bah. Halloween party tomorrow night, but I'll be on during the day.
    I might be able to get a game in tonight. What time you on?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    So I found my pax jax code. I know the singed one didn't work on EU but it's possible this one does if someone would like to jax while he paxes?

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote:
    Talith wrote:

You Ez, I Yorick?

Same deal, I'll be on in the evening. Probably in about 2 hours.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    jesus, i can't get a team where all 5 people stay connected all game to save my life today

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Talith wrote:
    Talith wrote:
    Talith wrote:

You Ez, I Yorick?

Same deal, I'll be on in the evening. Probably in about 2 hours.

Sweet. I should be home in a little under 3 hours.
    THEN WE SHALL EURO.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Soft "locking" is fine, it's what I usually do. Generally speaking I'm the first person to pick a champ and just wait to see what other people are doing. I'm always amused when I'm the first person to select a champ and then end up having to switch for team balance anyway.

Instalocking just gets me because it basically says to me "I don't give a shit what you think, I'm going to play what I want to play and expect you to pick around me." And more often than not, the instalockers are the first people to bitch that we need a tank or support.

Edit: When I think about it, having 1 or 2 instalockers probably isn't the end of the world. It limits the amount of people who need to discuss what roles they're going to play, easier to discuss with 3 people than 5. That said, it still annoys me when the least flexible people are the most vocally demanding.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    only way to instalock is to instalock whatever you want shrink the client and not care about team comp but CARRY ANYWAY

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    I'm coming back because Surprise Party Fiddlesticks

Does he make a better jungler, solo lane, or duo lane nowadays?

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Bitches don't know about AP Teemo.

It's so great poking away in lane with little bits of damage. And then I B and come back with a needlessly large rod and now my blind + aa has removed 60% of their hp and you can see them start to panic and flee to their tower. But I have exhaust so.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    everyone should instalock always

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    fuck you team im instalocking because none of you can be trusted

master of my own destiny, play twitch every day

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Rami wrote:
    Bitches don't know about AP Teemo.

It's so great poking away in lane with little bits of damage. And then I B and come back with a needlessly large rod and now my blind + aa has removed 60% of their hp and you can see them start to panic and flee to their tower. But I have exhaust so.

Everyone knows about AP Teemo. I can count the number of AD Teemos I've seen on one finger.

You should check that Singed scoreboard I posted, that Teemo was pretty bro doing bot with Taric.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Does any EU want a possibly working pax jax code?

No strings, especially because I'm not 100% it works.

• Options
    hey dudes can you check http://www.ustream.tv/channel/test-lol-channel for me and let me know if it's working properly. Just going to be playing a game of dominion to see how much it lags me

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Jars wrote:
    hey dudes can you check http://www.ustream.tv/channel/test-lol-channel for me and let me know if it's working properly. Just going to be playing a game of dominion to see how much it lags me

Hey Jars, I'm watching your stream right now. I'm getting a lot of white noise.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    So, I just had my first game as Jungle Warwick.

Ashe mid, Akali bot, Irelia top. Rammus AFKed for the first 5 minutes. Both top and bot face checked to their peril. Rammus comes back, goes TOP. Akali starts yelling about how she can't hold a lane because she's melee. Team refuses to surrender three times, finally they do it before the nexus goes down.

I went 3/8/11; the only one on the enemy team that could beat me was the super-fed Yi, and he ALWAYS showed up when I was setting up a gank. ALWAYS.

Moral of the Story: Jungling is not for Soloqueue.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Houn wrote:

Ashe mid, Akali bot, Irelia top. Rammus AFKed for the first 5 minutes. Both top and bot face checked to their peril. Rammus comes back, goes TOP. Akali starts yelling about how she can't hold a lane because she's melee. Team refuses to surrender three times, finally they do it before the nexus goes down.

I went 3/8/11; the only one on the enemy team that could beat me was the super-fed Yi, and he ALWAYS showed up when I was setting up a gank. ALWAYS.

I like that the only AP on your team is Akali. The other team was probably thrilled, armor all up ins.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Houn wrote:

I gotta disagree here. Your team was shit regardless. But a good jungle can really help the idiots with some timely ganks allowing them to AA the lane like they are since they have no opposition, deny enemy farm and xp, and get you fed so you can carry. You were losing this game regardless. But a strong jungle can help a team full of idiots quite a bit.

• Options
    Sampsen wrote:
    Jars wrote:

Hey Jars, I'm watching your stream right now. I'm getting a lot of white noise.

was there any other sound?

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Autolocking is only acceptable as:

Veigar
    Heimerdinger
    Twitch
    Evelynn
    Dr. Mundo
    Kayle
    Leona
    Sivir