As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Zumba - PS3 vs Wii

Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
edited October 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Wife has decided she wants Zumba fitness, and wants to know if she should get it for PS3 or Wii. I looked around, but there doesn't seem to be any good VS articles on it. Anyone here play both? Has anyone played either?

Leaning toward PS3 since it costs less, oddly enough. Any help is, as always, appreciated.

Steam: kaylesolo1
3DS: 1521-4165-5907
PS3: KayleSolo
Live: Kayle Solo
WiiU: KayleSolo
Capt Howdy on

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    For the PS3 version:
    It's not much of a game. It's more like a video which shows a silhouette dancing to crappy music. There is a point bar that fills up as you burn calories. Waggling the controller is the indicator that you are doing anything at all, so you can actually just lounge in a chair and wave the controller around for a while to "fill up the bar" as it were. Of course, you are "supposed" to strap the controller to your belt to let the motion sensor detect how active you are. It has a calorie log, and for some reason it has multiplayer online, which just means you and your online buddies are looking at the same dancing silhouette and dancing to the same crappy music. I don't know why you'd ever use the online feature.

Don't ask me how I know this information. I don't like to talk about it.

I can't imagine that the Wii version is any different.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    If she wants a really workout, the EA Sports Fitness game is a goddamn killer.

You strap on motion sensors and a heart monitor to perform various exercises, from running to yoga stretches.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Thanks Hahnsoo. Your dark secret is safe with me. And I'll have to check that out MichaILC.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo