Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Occupy [chat]

ronyaronya Arrrrrrf.the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
edited October 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
NGCIW.jpg

·
«13456755

Posts

  • OrganichuOrganichu
    pulls out a bong

    /me sparks up

    /me looks for some patchouli

    Registered User regular
    pulls out a bong

    /me sparks up

    /me looks for some patchouli

    ·
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Don't look at me like that. I had no good ideas.

    On computers: just spec out a newegg'ed desktop already.

    ·
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    Occupy my balls!

    ·
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    I AM ONE OF THE COLOURED LINES

    huntresssig.jpg
    ·
  • InquisitorInquisitor It has been a damned nice thing — the nearest run thing you ever saw in your life Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Don't look at me like that. I had no good ideas.

    On computers: just spec out a newegg'ed desktop already.

    My parents seem willing to chip in on a laptop but not a dekstop. Why? I don't know. I think they think I should have portable computing.

    9fwXzha.png
    ·
  • WashWash Registered User regular
    One day I will be that red line

    2fx2h4i9dfn2.jpg
    ·
  • InquisitorInquisitor It has been a damned nice thing — the nearest run thing you ever saw in your life Registered User regular
    Anyway, I'm off to grab some coffee, see you blokes in a few.

    9fwXzha.png
    ·
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    I wonder what it would be like to live a day without any inhibitions.

    Probably just a lot of farting around others.

    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    ·
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    I mean, if it's a general use + coding machine (not meant for gaming) then I guess the only real thing that might hold you back from wanting a laptop is screen size and a somewhat less preposterously easy/cheap RAM upgrade route. But either would be just fine for browsing the internet, listening to music, watching videos, and coding.

    ·
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    ronya wrote: »
    Don't look at me like that. I had no good ideas.

    On computers: just spec out a newegg'ed desktop already.

    My parents seem willing to chip in on a laptop but not a dekstop. Why? I don't know. I think they think I should have portable computing.

    Are you in college?

    ·
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    I don't know what this hadoop crap is even after reading the Wiki. Some kind of Apache application thinger? In any case it seems like that and VMs would be better suited to a desktop machine.

    RAM is always good, but if you're compiling code then you could see a benefit from a beefier processor.

    ·
  • ElldrenElldren DS 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    later quizzy

    ·
  • WashWash Registered User regular
    I've got 2 hours to come up with and write a script for a 3 minute long short film.

    Hmmm.

    2fx2h4i9dfn2.jpg
    ·
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Wash wrote:
    I've got 2 hours to come up with and write a script for a 3 minute long short film.

    Hmmm.
    “Mango", a buddy-cop story where a cop who was allergic to animals was paired with an orangutan

    0wSr10c.png?1
    ·
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    Wash wrote:
    I've got 2 hours to come up with and write a script for a 3 minute long short film.

    Hmmm.

    A cop who is allergic to animals gets paired up with an orangutan.

    ·
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    yessssssssssssssss

    0wSr10c.png?1
    ·
  • MimMim Status: Very depressed There's your updated status on Mim.Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Occupy my balls!

    But your balls are so small....

    "I’m going to die one day, probably, without having left my mark on this silly, little planet. I’m going to die an anonymous, meaningless, speck of dust." - Chris Traeger
    ·
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    Mim wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Occupy my balls!

    But your balls are so small....

    But they got spirit!

    ·
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    An aquarium worker who is allergic to dolphin semen.

    ·
  • InquisitorInquisitor It has been a damned nice thing — the nearest run thing you ever saw in your life Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote:
    ronya wrote: »
    Don't look at me like that. I had no good ideas.

    On computers: just spec out a newegg'ed desktop already.

    My parents seem willing to chip in on a laptop but not a dekstop. Why? I don't know. I think they think I should have portable computing.

    Are you in college?

    Graduated, but, I might end up going back, the future is uncertain.

    (I still have the habit of saying bye, even though I have an iPhone and can post from anywhere now. I am silly.)

    9fwXzha.png
    ·
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Mobility + coding on campus is really best just "netbook + desktop in your room"

    because carrying that developer-grade laptop just isn't going to be terribly mobile anyway

    ·
  • MimMim Status: Very depressed There's your updated status on Mim.Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Mim wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Occupy my balls!

    But your balls are so small....

    But they got spirit!

    I can't occupy spirited, small balls.

    "I’m going to die one day, probably, without having left my mark on this silly, little planet. I’m going to die an anonymous, meaningless, speck of dust." - Chris Traeger
    ·
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    Mim wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Mim wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Occupy my balls!

    But your balls are so small....

    But they got spirit!

    I can't occupy spirited, small balls.

    Not with that attitude...

    ·
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    This laptop is going to break soon, and I have no funds to replace it.

    BOOOOOURNS!

    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    ·
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Wash wrote:
    I've got 2 hours to come up with and write a script for a 3 minute long short film.

    Hmmm.

    a student goes to class to find that he made a one hundred on The Test

    shocking twist: the test measures how unintelligent he is

    Tarranon on
    ·
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    let's CoX

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
    ·
  • InquisitorInquisitor It has been a damned nice thing — the nearest run thing you ever saw in your life Registered User regular
    Wash wrote:
    I've got 2 hours to come up with and write a script for a 3 minute long short film.

    Hmmm.

    Raptor Jesus.

    9fwXzha.png
    ·
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Magnasanti

    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    ·
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    Kagera, that video is sooo boooring. It doesn't even make sense and you can't see any of the drawings.

    ·
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    what's not to get, sarksus

    this guy spent 3+ years planning and building a SimCity with 6 million citizens and optimal efficiency and said that "health of the sims was not a priority"

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
    ·
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Kagera, that video is sooo boooring. It doesn't even make sense and you can't see any of the drawings.

    It isn't even meant for your dullard mind Sarks and it was made in 2007 before Youtube went HD and it makes pretty perfect sense if you're a SimCity nerd.

    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    ·
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    what's not to get, sarksus

    this guy spent 3+ years planning and building a SimCity with 6 million citizens and optimal efficiency and said that "health of the sims was not a priority"

    They never left their own neigborhood and though they were unemployed and restless were so indoctrinated in a totalitarian regime that they never once rose up or rebelled.

    It's North Korea, the videogame.

    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    ·
  • InquisitorInquisitor It has been a damned nice thing — the nearest run thing you ever saw in your life Registered User regular
    Dat ass.

    9fwXzha.png
    ·
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    I want some kickass imperial march type music now. With vocalists though. Like what the hell kind of genre of music is that?

    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    ·
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote:
    I want some kickass imperial march type music now. With vocalists though. Like what the hell kind of genre of music is that?

    Doomphony.

    ·
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Wow, some of these Duke Nukem bosses are really goddamned annoying.

    ddgamer3_zpsrbyqurmc.jpg
    ·
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Kagera, that video is sooo boooring. It doesn't even make sense and you can't see any of the drawings.

    It isn't even meant for your dullard mind Sarks and it was made in 2007 before Youtube went HD and it makes pretty perfect sense if you're a SimCity nerd.

    I have played Sim City but I don't recognize any of the layers that he showed. I assume they are layers. Like it takes 2/3rds of the video before we even see an actual friggin' city!

    ·
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    "In one scene he summons the spirit of wisdom...by pouring a bottle of Stolichniya into a mystic cauldron to summon Darth Vader, who uses the flaming heart of democracy to turn the Russian Bear Spirit into Dmitri Medvedev"

    http://www.cracked.com/blog/8-hilariously-insane-examples-vladimir-putin-propaganda/

    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    ·
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    Wash wrote:
    I've got 2 hours to come up with and write a script for a 3 minute long short film.

    Hmmm.
    accountant wants to be an artist

    RmqQClw.jpg?2
    ·
«13456755
This discussion has been closed.