As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Occupy [chat]

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    somethingawful D&D thread discussing OWS has a lot of people capitalizing Assembly or General Assembly. Like so.

I get the feeling they got a newsletter that didn't get as far as me, or something.

aRkpc.gif
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    You know, I've watched all 7 complete seasons of The (American) Office and whatever has come out for season 8 so far and I'm still not sure I like the show.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    wandering wrote:
    I love Louis C.K.'s standup so I really want to like Louie, but I don't.

The way people gush about the show though you'd think that Annie Hall and Moral Oral made love and had a baby and that baby's name was Louie.

It's not so much funny ha-ha as it is laugh out loud. What sets the show apart is how tragically human it is. Most episodes will contain one or more average, totally normal things that will happen to people, including you, and then Louie shows you how absurd that shit is. It is probably the most down to earth television comedy to ever come into being.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    will! you're not too cool for us!?

• poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    tumblr_laz6bas4Ov1qz5q5oo1_500.png
    Hanako, or Toire no Hanako (“Hanako of the Toilet”) as she is known is Japan, is a somewhat modern ghost. She doesn’t have a distinct origin, but reports of her go back to the 1950′s, and can be found in every school in every prefecture across Japan. She is the “Bloody Mary” of Japanese elementary schools. The legend of Hanako tells of a ghost of a young girl who haunts a bathroom. Some legends say she was an abused child who was chased down and finally caught by her angry parent in the school’s bathroom. Some modern tales claim she is a student who committed suicide in the girl’s bathroom. Others say she was the victim of a school which was burnt down during one of the WW2 bombing raids — she was playing hide and seek and hid out in the bathroom when the bombs struck. In most stories, though, it is agreed that she died (and thus now resides) in the 3rd stall of the 3rd floor bathroom. And she waits there, ready to be summoned by daring or curious children….

Weird picture, though. She doesn't climb out of the bowl... she just haunts you.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I wonder whether it's cheaper to just buy two of those Faulty Phone things with different bits faulty and put them together

aRkpc.gif
    ronya wrote:
    somethingawful D&D thread discussing OWS has a lot of people capitalizing Assembly or General Assembly. Like so.

I get the feeling they got a newsletter that didn't get as far as me, or something.

I keep confusing OWS with OWB.

So basically the only effect Occupy Wall Street has had on my life is it keeps guilting me into playing Fallout: New Vegas.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Louie is not really a comedy anymore, but it's fucking brilliant.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I had an ex-gf who loved the american Office. I thought it was "okay" like a 4.5/10 sorta deal. But I had to pretend like it was a 7/10 or else she got grumpy.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Drez wrote:
    ronya wrote:

So basically the only effect Occupy Wall Street has had on my life is it keeps guilting me into playing Fallout: New Vegas.

maybe we could get james urbaniak to join in the protests

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Hanako, or Toire no Hanako (“Hanako of the Toilet”) as she is known is Japan, is a somewhat modern ghost. She doesn’t have a distinct origin, but reports of her go back to the 1950′s, and can be found in every school in every prefecture across Japan. She is the “Bloody Mary” of Japanese elementary schools. The legend of Hanako tells of a ghost of a young girl who haunts a bathroom. Some legends say she was an abused child who was chased down and finally caught by her angry parent in the school’s bathroom. Some modern tales claim she is a student who committed suicide in the girl’s bathroom. Others say she was the victim of a school which was burnt down during one of the WW2 bombing raids — she was playing hide and seek and hid out in the bathroom when the bombs struck. In most stories, though, it is agreed that she died (and thus now resides) in the 3rd stall of the 3rd floor bathroom. And she waits there, ready to be summoned by daring or curious children….

Looks like Samara from The Ring, but instead of coming out of a TV she's coming out of the john.

Mim on
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Mim wrote:

Looks like Samara from The Ring, but instead of coming out of a TV she's coming out of the jon.

Sadako.

Sa-Da-Ko.

I figure I could take a bear.
    edited October 2011
    poshniallo wrote:
    Mim wrote:

Looks like Samara from The Ring, but instead of coming out of a TV she's coming out of the jon.

Sadako.

Sa-Da-Ko.

MagicSudoku_500.gif

Caveman Paws on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    someone play cox with me

what is your name

fuck gendered marketing
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote:
    Weird picture, though. She doesn't climb out of the bowl... she just haunts you.

It's from some guy's A-Yokai-A-Day project, so I think it's just supposed to be his take on the myth.

Incidentally, I just remembered that I was afraid of flushing toilets until I was around 4 or 5. I think it was because I saw an article in the Weekly World News about a ghost whose disembodied head would appear in the bowl.

poshniallo wrote:
    Mim wrote:

Sadako.

Sa-Da-Ko.

I only saw the American version. I like the creepy kid over the ambiguous Sadako.

Nerdgasmic wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    ronya wrote:

maybe we could get james urbaniak to join in the protests

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    im gonna play some lol ina bit

Making up ridiculous ghosts is a time-honored Japanese tradition

fuck gendered marketing
    Meeem

I am disappoint

fuck gendered marketing
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    16txI.jpg

this is amazing.

Elldren wrote:
    Meeem

I am disappoint

It's not my fault! I swear.

I did see "Bad Guy" and "Last Life in the Universe".

"Bad Guy" pissed me off something fierce.

• Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    someone play cox with me

Don't do it! It's a trap! He's underage! Chris Hansen is in on this one!

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Elldren wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    someone play cox with me

what is your name

my account name is nerdgasmic

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    [im g]http://i.imgur.com/16txI.jpg
    [/img]

this is amazing.

God damn

edited October 2011
    Holy shit. Great cover. Some notes out of place, but I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlVuE3Hi6LU&feature=related

Drez on
    Well, holy sheeeeeiiitt, it's Irond Will. Good to see you again!

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    i am still trying to figure out the geometry of that toilet ghost

Wqdwp8l.png
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Ooh, ooh, flight price dipped to $284 after like two weeks of stagnating at $338. (MKE-LAX, Jan. 25-Jan.31. In case you're not aware, I'm vacationing in the area for that week.)

I think I should probably book that.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    will! you're not too cool for us!?

never!

well, some of you maybe

but not you eddy!

Wqdwp8l.png
    Drez wrote:

Is it me, or does her face look like plastic. Like baby doll plastic, it's so white and smooth... I call realdoll!

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elldren wrote:
    Making up ridiculous ghosts is a time-honored Japanese tradition

It's weird how.. similar, yet different they are from other ghosts.

Antimatter wrote:
    16txI.jpg

this is amazing.

Wow.

Irond Will wrote:

It helps to know that this is what Japanese toilets commonly look like:
    float356.img_assist_custom.jpg

• WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Drez do you like the music

or the redheads

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    Drez wrote:

Is it me, or does her face look like plastic. Like baby doll plastic, it's so white and smooth... I call realdoll!
    Drez wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-LJXdca0Jc

Wash wrote:
    Drez do you like the music

or the redheads

Both, but she looks like she's probably underage. I linked it because I like her voice.

Also, Misguided Ghosts is one of my favorite songs.

Well, holy sheeeeeiiitt, it's Irond Will. Good to see you again!

likewise, kakos! how are tricks?

Wqdwp8l.png
    Irond Will wrote:

It helps to know that this is what Japanese toilets commonly look like:
    float356.img_assist_custom.jpg

Aha!

I guess you have to squat over them?

Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.