As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Starcraft 2] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice ActorKirkland, WARegistered User regular
edited October 2011 in Games and Technology
The SC2 thread proudly presents!

qeOKk.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG_3R9BoVvg

Rumble in the Bronze II sign-ups!

Do you think you got what it takes to be humiliated in front of thousands of viewers? Does your ego need to be completed flattened by InControl? If so, you've got what it takes to be a player in the second Rumble in the Bronze tournament going down this December. More details to come!

For now, send a PM to @joek and @mncdover if you think you've got what it takes!

Curvy Star League - Organized by Dhal

A recurring tournament organized and cast by and for the PA community. Compete or cast or merely look on impassively as your peers bludgeon each other's armies to death!
are-you-not-entertained.jpg

Replay(s) of the day! - Organized by thread creator.

A noteworthy replay of the day donated by our forum-goers. Make sure to upload your replay submissions to gamereplays.org. And be a pal - mark your replay as ROTD material in your post.

repimg-33-232733.jpg

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
Steam ID
Twitch Page
MNC Dover on

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    But how I craft stars?
    The SC2 thread goes a million miles per hour and will leave you in the dust if you aren't prepared. All things are open to discussion here from build orders, practice partners, race match-ups, tournament talk, and general bizarre Korean stuff. In order to keep up, I highly recommend you check out the following resources:

OK that's all cool, but I want to play with some PA people.
    1) Log into Battle.net and join channel PA (on the NA realm). We all hang out there. Chat, 1v1 lobbies, and team shenanigans are always going on!

2) Sign up for a replay site such as gamereplays.org or drop.sc. This is a site where you can upload your replays. The perfect way to share your replays with the thread and get advice on how to get better. Gamereplays lets you post the cool banner that you frequently see on the internets and drop.sc lets you upload replays without having to create a new account.

3) Register with the PA SC2 1v1 Ranking site. Sign up for this awesome site to see where you stand amongst fellow PA members. Remember, this is important in the nurturing and expanding of your e-peen. Add yourself by clicking on [Manage Characters] on the top right side.

4) Sign up for the PA mumble page. Sign up if you want to chat with fellow PA users during games or watching tournaments. Thanks to Exoplasm for hosting the service and providing the step-by-step process for installing mumble.

JK. I like watching Starcraft instead. Where can I watch some good games?
    Major tournaments. Starcraft is e-sports. Follow these major tournaments and you will not be disappoint.
    • The GSL. The premiere korean starcraft 2 league. Where the best go to play. Casted by Tastosis, the casting archon.
    • The TSL. Team Liquid's major tournament where foreigners stomp koreans and everyone attributes it to lag.
    • Major League Gaming. North American e-sports powerhouse now features Starcraft 2 (as long as their stream is online). "tahts halo dont worry".
    • North American Star League. The upstart league headed by fan-favorites Incontrol and Gretorp. $400k up for grabs in the first season alone.
    • IGN Pro League. Everyone's getting into e-sports, even IGN! 16 of the top players from North America duking it out for fabulous prizes.

And those are only the major ones! Follow the Team Liquid Tournament Tracker for more competitive goodness.

Streams. Perhaps you prefer something more intimate. Maybe watching starcraft 2 like it's Being John Malkovich? Thanks to the power of the Internet, there are infinity streams available for your voyeuristic pleasure. Here are our favorites.

Want more streams? Check out Teamliquid's live video stream page for more goodness.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    Yay for none-time traveling threads, also did anyone watch game three of Boxer vs. TLO? Best sky-terran battles.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I only caught the end of it. Awesome stuff though. HSM speed increase really changing the air to air battle a lot.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Splitting off the targeted viking looked a lot like splitting off a muta that had been irradiated. This is a good thing.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I bet if we post enough to get to the next page it might fix itself.

Edit: Nope still fucked

Lemming on
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    Tyler vs July on blue watch it now!!

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Lots of good games on tonight.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    Oh thank God. I had resorted to reading the Team Liquid live thread.... and goodness that was a mistake.

• Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    11:00 PM - 12:00 PM Pools: Idra vs Boxer

Where is this game? It's supposed to be on Red.

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Boxer always ends up with ridiculous sky Terran battles. Fucking Protoss all stuck in one group. Most of the good P matches aren't going to happen until groups are done.

Edit: As I say this 3 different protoss games are on stream.

>.>

JAEF on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Boxer TLO was pretty great

MLG pretty much always delivers.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    Watching Tyler play is depressing.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    What wrote:
    Watching Tyler play is depressing.
    Now you can see why he has chronic depression. Every time he plays he has to watch himself.

:? Whitera lost game 1 to Artist.

JAEF on
  • Options
    redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I thought of that joke too, but then I looked deep down, realized I'm not an arsehole, and decided not to share.

redraptor on
  • Options
    "Wow. I'm really bad." - Tyler

• Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    Someone should add DeMuslim's stream to the OP. It's one of the best SC2 streams out there, IMO. He plays Terran.

http://www.twitch.tv/demuslim/videos

• Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    Holy shit, Husky and Artosis. I'm giggling.

• Options
    This excellent, in-form Boxer had a shot at winning this game against the IdrA of a few weeks ago, when he was down and making some bad decisions in game, but against this IdrA, a straight up macro game is not a good idea for even a Boxer playing as well as this one is.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    That is a lot of fucking mutalisks.

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    So many mutalisks?

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Anyone else getting stutter on red/blue? (Well, hell, everything...)

EDIT: White-Ra vs. Stephano on white (beta1), supposedly...

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    WhiteRa Stephano gogogogo

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    Not yet Tux, it's coming up though.

• Options
    Boxer cannot possibly want to play that game again. That was not a game about which Boxer could have said to himself "oh, that was close; if only I had done these few things better, I would have won." What does he have planned?

• Options
    Invictus wrote:
    Boxer cannot possibly want to play that game again. That was not a game about which Boxer could have said to himself "oh, that was close; if only I had done these few things better, I would have won." What does he have planned?

There were several moments in the previous game where Boxer could've micro'd better and would've come out on top.

They all involved dodging a-moved banelings. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Options
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I think he could've come out better, I didn't think he could've come out on top. But your judgment on these things may be better than mine.

Ex: the big fight right outside IdrA natural where a ton of marines just got banelinged out of existence could've been handled better. But the mutas would've done a ton of damage while they were fleeing banelings.

Invictus on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Lmao, same push

holy SHIT balls y'all. That owned.

What on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    IdrA is so good.

• Options
    redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    You can't play the same game versus Idra who always plays the same game, nothing will change.

Someone should have told Boxer how boring Idra is damnit.

redraptor on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    IDRA FIGHTIIIING

• Options
    Daaamn. Idra wins, rips off his EG hoodie to reveal a Release the Gracken shirt, comes out of his booth and fist pumps.

• Options
    MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    JAEF wrote:

God, I love those two.

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Zerg from another world!...called france.

MKP/wbc on black, Stephano/W-ra on white. Get the beta streams, totally worth it. Casters are kind of bad, but not intolerable.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    So is that it for MLG tonight? Naww.

Nice to see Idra doing well. Not sure why, I just like rooting for dicks.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Have people seen much of Stephano's ZvP?

His hydra switch there was something like two production cycles late.

Invictus on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Approximately
    mumra.jpg
    ed
    GateForge coming from WhiteRa?

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    MarineKing placed into plat with his new NA account...

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/3180627/1/MarineKing/

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Hoz wrote:
    I think MarineKing placed into plat with his new NA account...

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/3180627/1/MarineKing/
    Pretty sure you can only place into plat/diamond from placement matches. It usually gives you 1-2 bronze, 1-2 silver, 1-2 gold and a plat to play against doesn't it?

It won't league him up until his MMR settles or he tops out.

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Meeks placed diamond a few weeks ago.

But it's possible he won all five and still placed into plat, or maybe he had to quit a game prematurely because he had to do an MLG match.

Hoz on
This discussion has been closed.