As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventures OT. OP Update: Skylanders Cloud Patrol for IOS Out

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    robcat09 wrote:
    Magic Pink wrote:
    There's also a Legendary version of Trigger Happy which is a TRU Rewards prize only if you spend over 100$ at TRU.

When i went to Toys R Us yesterday, the guy told me they won't be giving out the 'rewards prize' character until AFTER CHRISTMAS. I was so pissed. Was I mis-informed? Has anyone actually gotten their character for spending over $100 dollars there? I'd love it if that guy was wrong!

No, I called them yesterday to find out and that's what's happening. You have until 12/24 to spend the 100$ and then they mail out the figures.

@InkSplat Awesome, thanks dude!

• Options
    Hillean wrote:
    Magic Pink wrote:
    chrpnk wrote:
    Mugaaz wrote:
    This game looks cool, but no online MP = no buy for me.

That's the only thing I don't like about the game. This game screams for online co-op and some sort of pvp. They could totally league of legends this.

It does have pvp.

I give up, someone give me a subtle clever clue how to get the Legendary Treasure from the first dang level.
    I know it's in that house by the cannon but I can't get the blasted thing to blow up or whatever.
    The pig? It's not in the first house on the right, it's up a bit past where the fountain is. Keep shooting around and you'll nail it, I had no issues
    No, it's right next to the second cannon. At the end of the level I can see the house destroyed by the tornado and the pig is there. And when I'm close to the house I can see the sparkles from it coming out through the walls. But nothing I do makes the house go away.

• Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Haha saw this in the gaf thread. Love the progression of tweets. Reminds me of when I first started smoking 17 years ago (currently on the patch hehe)
    fernoca wrote:
    Seems Jeff Gerstmann (Giant Bomb) is enjoying it too. :p

xoh1P.png

ZuiRE.png

Wq7V4.png

Bamelin on
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    My resolve to not buy this is fading rapidly. Might have to hit Toys R Us on the way home from work.

• Options
    SnappingSnapping Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I just discovered there is a turtle character "Warnado" coming out at some point. Hopelessly addicted to sea turtles and now I can play as one in a game?!? *Head explodes*

Snapping on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I liek turtles.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Snapping wrote:
    I just discovered there is a turtle character "Warnado" coming out at some point. Hopelessly addicted to sea turtles and now I can play as one in a game?!? *Head explodes*

It's Gamera!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIy6IBLHJmY

I still just want Hex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPEnZ9a6m4Y

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote:
    Snapping wrote:

It's Gamera!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIy6IBLHJmY

ZOMG it's like a Mario Kart Blue Shell come to life!!!!!!!

• Options
    MK64SpinyShell.jpg

• Options
    SnappingSnapping Registered User regular
    Bamelin wrote:

ZOMG it's like a Mario Kart Blue Shell come to life!!!!!!!
    It's like way better though :)

• Options
    VisskarVisskar Registered User regular
    Valleo wrote:
    Magic Pink wrote:
    so would I be correct in assuming that the HD console versions are graphically superior to the wii?

Barely. The graphic quality on the 360 is pretty terrible. Awful draw distance and lots of jaggies.

That being said, I bought the 360 version for one reason only; no batteries required for the portal.

I was wishing I had gone the 360 route instead of the PS3 route the first night when my daughter and I tried to play for the 2nd time and the wireless receiver for the portal was not being seen by the PS3. Returned it yesterday to Gamestop, swapped out for just another portal. Didn't have any problems with the new one after several uses, but the convience of wireless definitely seems less convient now if/when the receiver dies again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AoiAoi Registered User regular
    Giant Bomb quicklook up. It's pretty short, but it's kinda funny how surprised they seem at the quality of the game and stuff.

• Options
    Yeah that was a solid quick look. He keeps saying its a kids game and at the same time he is having a blast and complimenting it. Ug... have a back log a mile long and don't really have the money for this shit right now. Prolly hitting Toys R Us tonight lol.

• Options
    Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    Man, we've come a long way from playing Double Dragon on NES like when I was kid. I wish we had cool shit like this back then.

...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
  • Options
    Aoi wrote:
    Giant Bomb quicklook up. It's pretty short, but it's kinda funny how surprised they seem at the quality of the game and stuff.

I think everyone is.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Yeah I played a bit of this today.

I can't remember the last time that something that looks like such obvious bad licensed kid bait turned out so good. Maybe the Nerf Wii games? Nah, this is better. The last Spyro GBA game? Maybe.

It's going to be hard to not spend some cash on this.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote:
    Aoi wrote:

I think everyone is.

I know I am.

More thought than just "How can we get lots of money?" seems to have been put into the game. I feel bad for rolling my eyes and writing it off when I heard about it initially.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    My local Gamestop's manager was telling me about the hype online, and how this is actually good. $70 is a little too steep for me at the moment but I might get it for Christmas or something.

• Options
    ValleoValleo Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote:
    Hillean wrote:
    Magic Pink wrote:
    chrpnk wrote:
    Mugaaz wrote:
    This game looks cool, but no online MP = no buy for me.

That's the only thing I don't like about the game. This game screams for online co-op and some sort of pvp. They could totally league of legends this.

It does have pvp.

I give up, someone give me a subtle clever clue how to get the Legendary Treasure from the first dang level.
    I know it's in that house by the cannon but I can't get the blasted thing to blow up or whatever.
    The pig? It's not in the first house on the right, it's up a bit past where the fountain is. Keep shooting around and you'll nail it, I had no issues
    No, it's right next to the second cannon. At the end of the level I can see the house destroyed by the tornado and the pig is there. And when I'm close to the house I can see the sparkles from it coming out through the walls. But nothing I do makes the house go away.
    You need to shoot the first cannon you come across twice. The first shot will open a gate, and the next shot will sail across town and blow up the house, and the pig will be yours for the taking.

Figured I'd mention the fact that my game has bugged out twice, forcing me to delete my save and start fresh.

I'm on the 360, and twice now, on two different heroic challenges (Trigger Happy's and the "kill 100 chompers" challenge) I've managed to bork the game somehow. Whatever it is that I'm doing (I think it's me doing something like eating food or breaking a crate as an area/portal opens) it's makes it so that all of the portals in the game cease working. Everywhere. I didn't find any similar reports online, so I deleted my system data and started over from scratch.

Luckily I wasn't too far in, and I made it a point to finish up all my heroic challenges (will all the characters I have) as soon as I got Clio. Hopefully now I can continue to play the game glitch free.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    You're not the only person I've heard complain about various glitches with the 360 version.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    specialmiasspecialmias Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Okay I admit it, I cracked. I went to target to go pick up some bags to put leftovers in and came home with the 3DS version. My wife gave me a death stare and reminded me I'm in my mid twenties. After loading it up I kind of regret choosing it over the wii version. Now, that's not to say that Skylanders is bad exactly as much as not the best bang for buck. I paid as much as a console game for something that lacks many of the features. From what I can tell the game is much shorter on 3DS too. It just seems like a huge waste of money to have gone this route from the start.

That being said this game is goddamn evil. The little bastard with the staff reminded me everyday that the elemental bonuses of the day were not included in the starter pack and my family didn't love me unless they got me more figurines. So what did I do? I went to toys r us and raided the display using the buy 2 get one free promotion as an excuse to purchase.

If this keeps up though I may just buy the Wii version too.(I can dream for a black Friday deal) Possibly getting a divorce in the process.

I also noticed that if you have a NFC reader on your phone (ala nexus S) certain apps are capable of reading the RFID tags in your figurines. Possible to edit them later maybe?

Here's a dump of my dark spyro:
    <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <InfoDump application="NFC TagInfo" version="1.06a">
    <Tag rfTechnology="Type A (ISO/IEC 14443 Type A)">
    <GeneralInformation>
    <Value name="uid" description="UID[4]">82637e34</Value>
    <Value name="rfTechnology" description="RF technology">Type A (ISO/IEC 14443 Type A)</Value>
    <Value name="atqa" description="ATQA">0f01</Value>
    <Value name="sak" description="SAK">01</Value>
    <Value name="targetTechClasses" description="Target technology classes (Android)">android.nfc.tech.NfcA</Value>
    </GeneralInformation>
    </Tag>
    </InfoDump>

Here's my ignitor:
    <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <InfoDump application="NFC TagInfo" version="1.06a">
    <Tag rfTechnology="Type A (ISO/IEC 14443 Type A)">
    <GeneralInformation>
    <Value name="uid" description="UID[4]">92aaf133</Value>
    <Value name="rfTechnology" description="RF technology">Type A (ISO/IEC 14443 Type A)</Value>
    <Value name="atqa" description="ATQA">0f01</Value>
    <Value name="sak" description="SAK">01</Value>
    <Value name="targetTechClasses" description="Target technology classes (Android)">android.nfc.tech.NfcA</Value>
    </GeneralInformation>
    </Tag>
    </InfoDump>

specialmias on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Yeah I caved too and hit Toys R Us at lunch. Starter pack, Exclusive Pack, Pirate Pack and Character Pack 1. God so impulsive. Excited to get home and open my toys hahaha.

Edit - Totally going to hit target this weekend and try to get a whirlwind as he is back ordered online.

corin7 on
  • Options
    An online patch for multiplayer and the game would go from godly to untouchable. Maybe the next sequel? Especially if Activision realizes more than just kids are buying it.

• Options
    specialmiasspecialmias Registered User regular
    Hell for that matter imagine a WoW-Like MMO where stats and levels dont matter much (sorta like Ultima Online). All your characters info and "epic purps" save to your figurine. Combined with a T rating of course.

• Options
    Trabby1974Trabby1974 Registered User new member
    A really fun game so far! BUT, have you guys seen Trigger Happy's ultimate upgrade!!!?? HOLY CRAP!!!! I was like a giddy little kid when I first saw it.

• Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    I've been hardcoring it for the last few nights, and I got to the last boss... TOUGH! I went through 4 lv 10 Skylanders before I gave up the ghost (none of the others were past lv 2-3, one got killed within 2 seconds of summoning). I'll re-strategize and try again tonight.

Some of the last areas have pretty intricate puzzles, so if you get this for your kids, be prepared to come to the rescue a few times.

greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Magic Pink wrote:
    I can't think of a subtle clue, so, yeah.
    Fire the first canon a second time.

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    photo2-1.jpg

Much better pic than the last one. This is the setup in my daughter's room... sure, I've finished the game, but they're her toys!

greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Welps it's official ... I'm a degenerate. Added stealth elf, sonic boom, chop chop, eruptor, and bash to my collection today.

So far I have:

Gill grunt
    Prism break
    Terrafin
    Flamesplitter
    Spyro
    Voodood
    Trigger happy
    Boomer
    Stealth elf
    Sonic boom
    Chop chop
    Bash
    Eruptor

As well as pirate ship, hidden treasure, and ghost swords.

Degenerate :(

Edit: awesome collection hillean. Funny I was just pondering where to display mine too

Bamelin on
  • Options
    chrpnkchrpnk Registered User regular
    Picked up the 3ds version today. Seriously spent way too much money on this game.

360 and 3ds versions, 15 figures, both adventure packs.

On the plus side the 3DS version is fun and the game is totally different. Even most of the character's abilities are different.

• Options
    chrpnk wrote:
    Picked up the 3ds version today. Seriously spent way too much money on this game.

On the plus side the 3DS version is fun and the game is totally different. Even most of the character's abilities are different.

I'm curious, what are the trinkets like that came with the Ghost Crypt expansion? When trying to take a lower level Skylander through some of the later stuff, the Ghost Swords were really useful, and the treasure chest is pretty damned nifty too if you're trying to gain cash for upgrades. I'm really kind of looking forward to seeing what trinkets come with the other two adventure sets when they come out.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Aoi wrote:
    chrpnk wrote:

I'm curious, what are the trinkets like that came with the Ghost Crypt expansion? When trying to take a lower level Skylander through some of the later stuff, the Ghost Swords were really useful, and the treasure chest is pretty damned nifty too if you're trying to gain cash for upgrades. I'm really kind of looking forward to seeing what trinkets come with the other two adventure sets when they come out.

The crypt comes with a healing magic item that I think is a one use per chapter insta heal (or on a timer not sure) Not sure about the other item.

Bamelin on
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Darklight Crypt comes with an hourglass and an elixir. Each can be used once per chapter i think.

The hourglass slows nearby enemies, but the effect is fairly annoying visually.

The elixir periodically heals you until it's time runs out.

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    ZDmHk.png

Sgm4e.png

Adding to op

Bamelin on
  • Options
    Except is Drill Sergeant actually available at Walmart? It doesn't show up on their website. I thought it was just Sam's Club?

• Options
    chrpnkchrpnk Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote:
    Except is Drill Sergeant actually available at Walmart? It doesn't show up on their website. I thought it was just Sam's Club?

Friend at work said she picked it up at the Walmart by us. Going to check it out tomorrow.

• Options
    chrpnk wrote:
    InkSplat wrote:

Friend at work said she picked it up at the Walmart by us. Going to check it out tomorrow.

Hm. Maybe I'll make a run by there tonight then. I'll let you guys know if I find it there.

• Options
    It's been by confirmed by a few people you can get Drill Sergeant at wal mart. I'm goin to wal mart Canada tomorrow to see if it's up here too.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    chrpnk wrote:
    InkSplat wrote:

Couldn't find it at WallMart or Sam's club around me sadly :/ Both places only had the games themselves and no figures in video games or toys. Was kind of surprised because even with a membership, he costs more on Sam's Club website than an average single of anything else. Blah.

Edit: And just to confirm, there is NOTHING different with the Legendaries right? Other than some rudimentary stat stuff and color? My collector bone is itching, and I'm having a hard time not picking them up regardless :P

Aoi on
  • Options
    Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    Honest question, as someone in his 20's who does not have kids (thankfully), is it worth picking this up? This game looks right up my alley, but I feel like if I buy it, as soon as I get home, Craig Hansen will be waiting for me.

...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...