Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Infractions Log

1246710

Posts

  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    Post: SiCKO. Uh, spoilers?
    User: MrIamMe
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:
    Do not be a dick
    Message to User:
    For one thing he was obviously joking.

    For another, you were being a dick for no reason.

    The forum is "Debate and Discourse" not "Be a Cock For No Fucking Reason and Discourse"
    Original Post:
    Um Gorak...Im in Australia, we have UHC, and ITS NOT BANKRUPT.

    SWEDEN's isn't bankrupt. CANADA isn't bankrupt.

    Are you retarded, or just an ignorant moron? Your health should NOT be up for sale to the lowest bidder. I trust private companies about as far as I can throw them, aka not a single centimeter. Its all about profits for them, and survival for me.

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Post: You're fat and ugly unless you buy our stuff
    User: TheDrizzit
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:
    dickery

    Message to User:
    Don't be a dick. And especially don't necro threads to be a dick.
    Original Post:
    guys, guys. ege clearly knows what he's talking about when he talks about modeling. you can tell by his pithy one-liners about how you don't know what you're talking about. that's what people who know what they're talking about do.

    _______________________

    Post: Evolution.....pfft
    User: YodaTuna
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:
    gah

    Message to User:
    we do have a rule about derailing threads :|
    Original Post:
    deckard88 wrote: »
    YodaTuna wrote: »
    deckard88 wrote: »
    The Cat wrote: »
    Wow, over thirty pages before someone who had a lucid dream swans in and declares that therefore evolution is bunk. Not bad, not bad.

    let's just say it was a bit more than a lucid dream...and I'm not saying that evolution is bunk.

    I'll admit there's a possibility that I'm totally wrong with everything I beleive. But as a Christian, I feel I have nothing to lose. My life has changed in about a million ways for the better from when I was an atheist. That's not to say that my life was really all that bad, either. If I'm right, that's cool, but if I'm wrong I've lived the happiest life possible and I simply get to die. To me it's win-win.

    What if Christianity is the wrong religion? Then you lose.

    touche. that would really suck if a god that wasn't real convinced me to follow him.

    okay I think I'm getting off topic and I doubt anyone here wants to hear my opinions anyways...so I'll stop.

    Are you kidding? I love other people's opinions and ideas so I get to prove them wrong. Keep it coming!

    _______________________

    Post: junk
    User: deckard88
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:
    derail

    Message to User:
    See, you said you weren't going to keep derailing, and then you did. That's a problem.
    Original Post:
    YodaTuna wrote: »
    deckard88 wrote: »
    YodaTuna wrote: »
    deckard88 wrote: »
    The Cat wrote: »
    Wow, over thirty pages before someone who had a lucid dream swans in and declares that therefore evolution is bunk. Not bad, not bad.

    let's just say it was a bit more than a lucid dream...and I'm not saying that evolution is bunk.

    I'll admit there's a possibility that I'm totally wrong with everything I beleive. But as a Christian, I feel I have nothing to lose. My life has changed in about a million ways for the better from when I was an atheist. That's not to say that my life was really all that bad, either. If I'm right, that's cool, but if I'm wrong I've lived the happiest life possible and I simply get to die. To me it's win-win.

    What if Christianity is the wrong religion? Then you lose.

    touche. that would really suck if a god that wasn't real convinced me to follow him.

    okay I think I'm getting off topic and I doubt anyone here wants to hear my opinions anyways...so I'll stop.

    Are you kidding? I love other people's opinions and ideas so I get to prove them wrong. Keep it coming!

    ok ;)
    what ideas of mine would like to prove wrong?

    ________________________

    Post: A Transformers Movie Thread
    User: Zenitram
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:
    Why do they make me read this thread whyyyy

    Message to User:
    Don't be silly. That was silly.
    Original Post:
    Mmmm you have an MA in Creative Writing OMGOMGOMGOMG stick your fat cock in my face, Mmm look at the jizz, wily willy.

    tmsig.jpg
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Post: A Transformers Movie Thread
    User: The Cheese
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:
    stupid fucking giant robot bastards

    Message to User:
    This is not the standard of post we expect in D&D.
    Original Post:
    Hey, _J_
    Spoiler:

    _______________________________


    Post: A Transformers Movie Thread
    User: SniperGuy
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:
    lawl adhom

    Message to User:
    This is not the standard of post we expect in D&D.
    Original Post:
    I know _J_ is an idiot, because he talked about KANGAROO JACK.

    __________________________

    Post: A Transformers Movie Thread
    User: switzky21
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:
    pfft

    Message to User:
    This is not the standard of post we expect in D&D.
    Original Post:
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I know _J_ is an idiot, because he talked about KANGAROO JACK.
    Kangaroo what?

    EXACTLY.

    SICK BURN.

    ____________________

    Fuck you, Michael Bay. You're making my life a nightmare!

    tmsig.jpg
  • EchoEcho staring is caring Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    Post: ID this toy for me!
    User: Buchwald
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:
    Being a jerkface

    Message to User:
    So why were you posting in that thread again?
    Original Post:
    crap

  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2007
    Post: Perpetual Motion Machine to be demonstrated (maybe)?
    User: Aemilius
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    Content in post is so lacking.
    Original Post:
    Man, I had no idea how dumb Randombattle is.
    Spoiler:

  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2007
    Post: Girls Cause Problems?!
    User: Boki
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    Neither help nor advice, off-topic and attempting to derail.
    Original Post:
    Is it just me, or does "relationship advice" never really help people for some reason unless it's what they wanted to hear in the first place?

    Recognize that you are rejecting the advice given here in continuing in this vein, Bucketman.

    What they should just do is ban these threads.

    DAMM
    Drunks Against Mad Mothers
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Post: raping my childhood memories
    User: TylerXKJ
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    This is not the standard of post we expect in D&D.
    Original Post:
    Spoiler:

    __________________

    Post: raping my childhood memories
    User: TylerXKJ
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    Well you sure are on a roll there, champ :|
    Original Post:
    Novus wrote: »
    Dragonball Z is great too but I was in highschool when I started watching that.

    Kill yourself.

    And with that blaze of uhhhh. glory (?), tyler has earnt himself a tempban due to accumulation of points.

    tmsig.jpg
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2007
    Post: [split] Media Bias
    User: Azio
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 0

    Message to User:
    This is just pissy, hostile vitriol, and contributes nothing to the discussion.

    Calm down.
    Original Post:
    A majority of newspapers supported John Kerry for president.
    Too bad you idiots didn't listen to them, otherwise the last three years might not have been such an unmitigated disaster. You should take this perceived "liberal bias" as simply an indication that you are, objectively, fucking wrong on just about every issue from Iraq to global warming.

    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2007
    Post: Intellectual Property- Private vs Public
    User: Senior Fish
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 0


    Message to User:
    Making threads on behalf of jailed people is a no-no. Sort of defeats the purpose of taking away that privilege, no?
    Original Post:
    (Note: I am doing this for Che Guevara. This is all his work.)
    Intellectual property is very much a hot topic in modern society. Thanks to the Internet, we have near unlimited access to a incredibly large volume of books, music, movies, software, games and media outlets. However, these sources are all being subject to increased regulation by corporate agencies, whether through restrictive DRM or through legal and PR battles aimed at terrorizing the general public into submission.

    In America, the Digital Millenium Copyright Act gave these unique rights to corporations, allowing them to pursue legal action against individuals who had been tracked down through 'various' means.

    Canada recently fought down it's own version of the DMCA, known as Bill C-60. This bill would have imposed several ridiculous regulations on IP. No private copying of sound recordings or other media. Absolute ownership of digital media would also come into question.

    From the Kill Bill C-60 site wrote:
    Have you ever been a tourist and asked a stranger to take your picture with your camera? Well, under the terms of Bill C-60 doing so will give that stranger copyright over the picture that was taken. You would not be legally able to use that picture for anything other than private personal uses. So don't decide to share it with your friends on your web site, and don't use it for commercial purposes unless you can locate that stranger. What, you were Brazil when that picture was taken? Well, good luck!

    Although the Bill in its current form has been shot down, how long before something equally restrictive is lobbied for by private American corporations complaining about the rampant digital piracy north of the border? Barring the private corporate lobby further tipping the scales in their own favor, how long before software and hardware standardization imposes these same kinds of restrains without government legislation being required?

    iTunes is a good example of a potential abuse of consumers through technology. Although EMI recently decided to release their entire library as DRM-Free, they still incorporate tagging information into each file. A consumers name and email address are imbedded into each file. If they choose to trade these files, they're setting up a chain reaction of lawsuits should agencies like RIAA choose to pursue them for sharing the files over P2P networks. Instead of just getting one person during a bust, they could get whole networks of people unwittingly trading watermarked media over the Internet.

    Microsoft is going in another direction. I've recently posted several links to a patent they recently published that would give them access and control over the use and standardization of a unique style of P2P distribution. United States Patent 20070136608: Off-line economies for digital media Instead of seeking legal action against those looking to trade digital media, this form of distribution would monitor and tax distribution through this new channel, created through 'trusted computing' channels.

    Are we at a breaking point where our own governments lack of technological knowledge has created a power vacuum that Private Corporations are rapidly attempting to fill?

    Should there be more government action to ensure that Private Corporations aren't granted complete monopolies over digital media (which amounts to control over digital culture.)

    Should consumer watchdog groups be created and mandated to prevent these kinds of abuses of power from taking place in the first place?

    Discuss.

    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2007
    Post: Intellectual Property- Private vs Public
    User: Che Guevara
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2


    Message to User:
    Trying to skirt the punishment system makes Baby Jesus cry and then go all kung-fu on your ass.
    Original Post:
    The DMCA is extra fun because it isn't actually part of the Copyright Act so fair use doesn't apply to it. Thanks legislators, real lovely of you.

    Also PRIVATE CORPORATIONS kind of hurts your thread, what's it matter if it's a private or public corp, or an individual, or a nonprofit org or whatever?

    A non-profit or Crown corporation might better suit the needs of the public that will be making use of the technology. Something similar to a non-profit like ICANN, in that the board drawing up the standards for the format won't be acting out of self-interest to eliminate competition. (Something Microsoft is famous for.) Or, a Crown corporation like CBC, where the service is provided by the government to the general public.

    I'm trying to think in terms of the longterm ramifications of a technology like this. How will if affect the industry, how will it affect the end-users, and how will it affect the content produces who make use of the distribution network.

    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2007
    Post: How would YOU handle this?
    User: Fristle
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:
    Reading is for suckers!

    Message to User:
    Did you, like, skip the post where I said that "once a cheater, always a cheater" has been officially termed bad advice or something? Also, entirely off-topic.
    Original Post:
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well in the case of this thread, I wouldn't date this girl, or even remain friends with her. She doesn't seem like a good person, though the OP ain't much better for screwing his best friends girl.

    And I don't understand why making a personal choice not to date someone who has cheated on someone is such a bad thing VC, but I don't want to take this any more off topic then it already is. You can date whoever you want, I prefer not to date women who have cheated on previous people they dated and caution others not to do the same. I can't see how that is bad advice considering personally knowing many guys who dated women who cheated and shockingly enough they got cheated on. I know anecdotes does not equal data, but I don't know many people who base their advice purely on data.

    I've been there. I won't go so far as saying cheating makes you a bad person. But people have relationship patterns. That's how people are. I hooked up with this girl once, who happened to be cheating on her current boyfriend for a few days, until she decided I was her boyfriend. We were doing great until six or eight months later, when she did the same thing to me. I'm a statistic. :lol:

    DAMM
    Drunks Against Mad Mothers
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Post: Cures for the hiccups?
    User: leaf
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    H/A is not SE++.
    Original Post:
    Gihgehls wrote: »
    I don't have any dicks handy anyway.

    Haha, iceburned yourself on that one, I thought I'd have to come up with something for a minute.

    Post: Cures for the hiccups?
    User: FirmSkater
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    This is not SE++, shocking as that may be to believe.
    Original Post:
    Eat some dicks.

    Always works.


    Post: So I want to immigrate to the best damn country in the world
    User: Deusfaux
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    So, if you're going to correct someone's word usage, things to keep in mind: 1) Make sure they are actually using the wrong word, and not the right one, in the first place, and 2) make sure you spell the word you're telling them to use correctly.
    Original Post:
    for the record, you would be emmigrating to another country

  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Post: Cheating.
    User: Nozz
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    You do not advise people to play mind games with their significant others, for fuck's sake.

    I suggest you stop posting in this thread immediately.
    Original Post:
    Dude's where's the classic trick in this thread

    Just tell her you found a note for her in some appropriate place (piece of paper with her name written on it on her front door or something). You then try to fish it out of your pocket, and it's not there.

    When she starts asking questions about it, be calm and utterly vague. It had her name on it. Looked like a guys writing.

    Then, when she asks you if you read the note, make sure you're looking at her face. If she has something she's hiding, she'll be very very concerned. If not, you're probably okay.

  • EchoEcho staring is caring Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    Post: Pokemon Tournament: ROUND 2? MORE LIKE IT'S ALL OVER AND NOZZ WON!
    User: Nozz
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:

    Message to User:
    You know why this forum isn't exactly ROM friendly?

    Because it's against the fucking forum rules.
    Original Post:
    Nozz wrote: »
    edit: my save cart, like 99% of the save carts out there, only hold roms. You can't possibly use mine to create a save file.


    Wait, what?

    That doesn't make sense.

    So you're saying that the 400 hours you've logged on your cart have been consecutive, and your DS has never been turned off?

    No, it means that I can't edit the save portion of my cart. The games use the save portion, not me.

    The large memory portion of my cart is for roms, not save files

    I wouldn't have mentioned my game being on a cart if I could have avoided it... This forum isn't exactly rom friendly. You'll be glad to know I actually do own a copy of the game though. ;)

    And vray that made me laugh pretty hard

  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Post: Knock an 'istorical 'ero Down a Peg
    User: Wonder_Hippie
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    You are being a dick.

    Don't be a dick.
    Original Post:
    Pants Man wrote:
    Chatterjee was a physician who oversaw whatever medical care that people in their care recieved, so he'd be the one to best talk about how medical help was administered.

    you're a dick.


    edit:

    no really. i was all agreeing with you guys and was just saying that i'd prefer a more institutional analysis (which chatterjee seems to provide) rather than anecdotes (which the links provided), and you call me a moron.

    i was agreeing with you, dingus. there's no reason to be an asshole

    There is a reason when you don't actually seem to know what you're talking about. Ever.

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • EchoEcho staring is caring Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    Post: How to best avoid internet spoilers
    User: Xenocide Geek
    Infraction: Serious offence
    Points: 3

    Administrative Note:

    Message to User:
    We're not kidding around with these spoiler rules, bub.

  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Post: Pit Bulls - Murderous Ghetto Dog, or Murderous Dog?
    User: powerss
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:
    this is cumulative over his posts in this thread

    Message to User:
    hmmm. flamebait OP, combative assholishness and refusal to acknowledge other's points in a debate thread. Yeah, don't troll my fucking forum.
    Original Post:
    The Cat wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    powerss wrote: »
    Here's a question I have for those that own Pit Bulls.

    Cut away the BS. Besides those that rescued these animals, why did you want to own a Pit Bull?

    Really.

    I doubt I'll get honest answers.

    I'll give you an honest answer. It is a statement or an attempt to rectify masculine prowess. It's a cultural element of Urban Blacks.

    Now cut away the BS. You don't like it becuase you don't like the jungle music culture in general.

    That's bullshit though, because over here similar dogs are often owned by white trash. Also, the large number of non-black-ghetto pit bull owners in this very thread. Stop trolling the troll.


    ^^Truth

    _______________

    I love it when people admit to trolling. Makes my life easy.

    tmsig.jpg
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Post: Pit Bulls - Murderous Ghetto Dog, or Murderous Dog?
    User: Podly
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    Man, just because other people are being lunatics doesn't mean you get to provoke them further. And I do believe I've had this conversation with you before, which is why this isn't just a warning.
    Original Post:
    Powerss, you are just spewing bullshit.

    I can do that too.


    Powerss is a seething racist.

    tmsig.jpg
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Post: Pit Bulls - Murderous Ghetto Dog, or Murderous Dog?
    User: Octoparrot
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 0

    Message to User:
    This was pointless and stupid, and you can't invoke Godwin until after someone's drawn the nazi comparison. Which would also be stupid, I mean what the hell man
    Original Post:
    Such anger from the OP at a breed of dogs, I mean, they're not even a separate species.

    INVOKING GODWINS LAW!!!

    tmsig.jpg
  • EchoEcho staring is caring Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    Post: Alien Syndrome [Wii]
    User: ACSIS
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:

    Message to User:
    No amount of WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE will save you from breaking the emulation rules.
    Original Post:
    Well if you would own a couputer you could perhaps aquire the coin op version roms and a mame emulator - thats of course only legal if you acually own the coin op machine, doing so without the ownership of the mentioned system would be... illegal *g*

  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Post: Cicumcision does not reduce sensitivity
    User: Picardathon
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    this is not acceptable conduct in DD.
    Original Post:
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I challenge any of you to find proof of irrecovable damage on anything but an anecdotal basis.

    Nerve endings don't grow back.
    And as for the idea that he should choose, I note that adult circumcision hurts like a bitch

    Oh, but it doesn't hurt when it's done as an infant. :roll:

    Nerve endings are entirely inconsequential when that area probably has enough to make having someone kicked in the balls hurt like a bitch.
    As for the second, fuck you for ignoring the rest of the sentence, asshole.

    __________________________________________

    Post: Cicumcision does not reduce sensitivity
    User: DarkPrimus
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    This is not acceptable conduct in DD.
    Original Post:
    Why is your apathy about this issue superior to caring about it?

    Maybe, just maybe, its because no one should give a fuck about a little vestigal flap of skin that no one will ever notice anyway?

    You already said that line dipshit, and someone already called you on it.

    The foreskin is not vestigial.

    _______________________________________________________

    Post: Cicumcision does not reduce sensitivity
    User: Picardathon
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    Still not acceptable!
    Original Post:
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Why is your apathy about this issue superior to caring about it?

    Maybe, just maybe, its because no one should give a fuck about a little vestigal flap of skin that no one will ever notice anyway?

    You already said that line dipshit, and someone already called you on it.

    The foreskin is not vestigial.

    What is it used for?
    I do imagine it's purpose was to protect the glans of the penis from incidental environmental damage, sunburn that sort of thing. As it stands it is a handy masturbation aid at the minimum.

    But its already erect anyway?
    Whatever.
    I say its vestigal because it was useful once and is not anymore, because there are millions of useful devices that are used by nearly all males in the world for protecting their wang. These devices are called pants. In case these fail many wear backup devices called underpants.
    Therefore DarkPrimus, you are the dipshit.

    __________________________________________________

    Post: Cicumcision does not reduce sensitivity
    User: Evil Multifarious
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    This isn't an acceptable post in DD.
    Original Post:
    Meh, any male child of mine will be circumsized. One, because we are jewish and thats the way we do things. Second becauseI don't want to teach him anything extra and I will be damned if I will apply any medicene to that area. Mine works fine, I like the look and is cool so I guess thats what my son will have it too.

    I hope you never have children.

    _____________________________________________

    Post: Cicumcision does not reduce sensitivity
    User: electricitylikesme
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    This isn't an acceptable post in DD.
    Original Post:
    Meh, any male child of mine will be circumsized. One, because we are jewish and thats the way we do things. Second becauseI don't want to teach him anything extra and I will be damned if I will apply any medicene to that area. Mine works fine, I like the look and is cool so I guess thats what my son will have it too.

    I hope you never have children.

    _____________________________________________

    Post: Cicumcision does not reduce sensitivity
    User: Hacksaw
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    This isn't an acceptable post in DD.
    Original Post:
    Meh, any male child of mine will be circumsized. One, because we are jewish and thats the way we do things. Second becauseI don't want to teach him anything extra and I will be damned if I will apply any medicene to that area. Mine works fine, I like the look and is cool so I guess thats what my son will have it too.

    I hope you never have children.
    He'll never find a woman to bear his children anyways, so it's a non-issue.

    ___________________________________________

    Post: Circumcision does not reduce sensitivity
    User: Fallout
    Infraction: Serious offence
    Points: 3

    Administrative Note:
    god fucking damnit

    Message to User:
    Don't troll my forum and then go brag about in chat, you tremendous idiot.
    Original Post:
    Fallout wrote: »
    kaz67 wrote: »
    Awesome, dismissing the point by calling those people crazy. Are you an anchor on fox news by any chance?

    so you think that obsessing about regrowing a foreskin later in life and hanging weights from your dick and shit is a pretty cool thing to do?
    I think that if it matters to someone, it matters to someone.

    Let's pander to everyone's feelings.

    And then hug and cry a little bit, without feeling like women.

    ________________________________________

    Post: Circumcision does not reduce sensitivity
    User: Katchem_ash
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:
    still trolling

    Message to User:
    still trolling. stop trolling.
    Original Post:
    Fallout wrote: »
    Shoggoth wrote: »
    Why can't I take a part of my babies ear lobe off?

    Why can't you install this lip ring?

    The question shouldn't be why can't I but,

    WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU!?

    The parents feel like it? Eliminating a hygiene issue from the kid's life entirely at the cost of a temporary bit of pain that they will never remember or care about unless their minds unhinge later in life?

    Also cutting a baby's ear lobe off would be causing an unattractive deformity to a highly visible part of the kid that would negatively impact them for the rest of their life to no gain whatsoever.

    A lip ring... if it stays in for a long time might make the baby's lip grow weird? I don't know, who gives a rat's ass?

    Are you unwilling to understand that there's not a 0% risk on circumcisions?

    It is SURGERY that is medically UNNECESSARY. In any other case you would agree that is a bad thing, in this case , for some reason, you will not.

    So I will assume you'll take this stance for a person with a deformed 3rd arm or a dead twin connected to the childs body? Because it doesn't detract from the kids abilities it just makes it physically strange. It could be considered UNNECSSARY!

    ___________________________________________


    So...cocks, dicks,

    142098408-thumb_head_on_spike.jpg

    LOL.

    tmsig.jpg
  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2007
    I can give infractions too!




    Post: Cicumcision does not reduce sensitivity
    User: Katchem_ash
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:
    trolling

    Message to User:
    You're either trolling, or are so dumb that you should wish you're a troll.
    Original Post:
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Fallout wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    So your all trample the rights of parents to get what you want. Brilliant!

    Because, hey, fuck kids, they don't deserve rights.

    Until they learn whats right and wrong and can decide for themselves according to the law, then no, they don't.

    You are absolutely, unequivocally wrong.

    Because holy shit, according to you, child abuse doesn't exist.
    When kids get evolved into smarter beings from the start and can write a lenghty thesus then we'll start talking.

    In this thread, Ketchum_Ash reveals he doesn't understand evolution and believes kids don't deserve rights.

    So, kids should have all of the same rights that adults do? The right to the same choices, etc?

    Now Fallout swoops in to K_A's defense because hey, that means he can disagree with me some more!

    K_A literally stated that children do not deserve rights until they are able to comprehend said rights. We're not talking about specific rights, here. We're talking rights in general.

    Ok so you gave rights to children. Right? Right.

    So now that armed 5 year old shoots his sibiling and parents, because hey, he owned a gun because thats his right!

    So will you be the one to start handing guns out because he in America it a right for anyone to have guns correct?

  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Post: Tabletop tournaments?
    User: im.thatoneguy
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    Don't troll, and don't be a dick. I don't think that's asking too much.
    Original Post:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    As with your schedule thread, this is all the information there is on tabletop-related activity. When more info is announced, it will be put into the Events sticky.

    Translated:
    Pho_Fwacky wrote: »
    No fucking clue but I need to sound like I know what's going on in order to maintain my aura of importance and authority.

    Post: posting a video online - marking as my own?
    User: Deusfaux
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    "How do I make sure everyone knows I'm the one who owns this video I made of someone else's performance without their permission? I wouldn't want anyone violating my IP." :roll:
    Original Post:
    Is there some way I could or SHOULD like er... copyright (?) the a video I made of a concert so that I keep the rights/ownership to it and others will know who took it?

    I have a 6 minutes Daft Punk live video I want to put out on youtube (is that even a good choice) for others to see and I was a click away from uploading it... BUT I don't want it simply being redistributed all around the net without it being more or less permanently etched as my work.

    It would probably be one of or THE best available video of their live act out there, or at least from what I have otherwise seen. (Da Funk in full, shot from centre against rail)

    What do you guys suggest?

  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2007
    Post: Assuming abortion is illegal, how much time does she serve?
    User: Spyder3X
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:
    trolling

    Message to User:
    So I had to go back and wade through the thread, and it turns out that you earned a prize for your trolling. Congratulations!

    Next time you might reply to a post like that with something serious, and not a stupid one-liner.
    Original Post:
    DiscGrace wrote: »
    Spyder3X wrote: »
    If a woman has consensual sex and becomes pregnant and there is no threat to her life, she should carry the child to term and give it up to adoption. Mother and father off the hook for caring for the child. I think it is preferable to preserve life when there is no consequence other than an inconvience in 9 months of someone's life. If the mother is danger I see no reason to stop an abortion, because the baby is threatening her and she has a right to protect herself. Period.

    "An inconvenience"?

    She can't eat or drink the things she might like to. She can't participate in the physical activities she used to, even if it's her hobby - or her job. Her career might be jeopardized anyway, as her bosses might feel she doesn't now have the time for more duties at a promotion or handling a new client. At best she'll be puking every morning for a while, feel huge and uncomfortable, and either have her vagina tear or her great big belly cut open - at worst she might suffer other health problems, such as vision damage. Hopefully she doesn't like reading, or have computer work to do! It's possible she'll also suffer from post-partum depression, and might have trouble getting her life back on track, even if the baby's placed with an adoption agency. Her entire body gets co-opted for 9 months to provide life support for a life she never wanted.

    Oh, and that baby? Hopefully he or she actually gets placed with a loving family. But there's a metric fuckton of unwanted children with agencies throughout the country. Too bad for the kid if she isn't white and healthy, too. Good luck finding a forever home then!

    Fuck your "inconvenience", and fuck you too. A woman's body belongs to her, not to you and not to the fetus and not to the government.

    Getting hit by a car has all of the same above affects.

  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Post: Assuming abortion is illegal, how much time does she serve?
    User: Buchwald
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:
    here we go...

    Message to User:
    That's not an acceptable level of response in D&D.
    Original Post:
    Serpent wrote: »
    Buchwald wrote: »

    But it's not a baby. It's a not even alive.

    what.


    Fuck you.

    __________________________________________________

    Post: Assuming abortion is illegal, how much time does she serve?
    User: Wonder_Hippie
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 0

    Administrative Note:
    yup

    Message to User:
    That last sentence was completely unnecessary. You're right on the edge of a ban, I'd better not find anything else like this.
    Original Post:
    ryuprecht wrote: »
    Fact: most of the stuff you just wrote is irrelevant on the pro-life side, where the fetus is pretty much considered a baby, viable or almost-viable or not-yet-almost-viable. You can argue prevalence of procedures, pain studies, etc, etc, but you can't get around that point.

    I don't give freebies to RMS, and I'm sure as hell not giving them to YOU. You want to take those stances, you better be ready to defend them. You don't get to unilaterally define the playing field.

    See, this is what really bugs me about this. Ryuprecht and all the other pro-lifers can make all these claims based on their "beliefs," then try to force women into birth based on a bunch of unsubstantiated claims. He hasn't tried to support his belief, he's just said that's what he believes and that he's willing to go through fuck all to force it on the rest of us.

    Fucking authoritarian douche bag aren't you, ryuprecht?

    _____________________________________

    Post: Assuming abortion is illegal, how much time does she serve?
    User: AngelHedgie
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:
    ho hum

    Message to User:
    The limed bit? Not necessary.
    Original Post:
    ryuprecht wrote: »
    ryuprecht wrote: »
    Fact: most of the stuff you just wrote is irrelevant on the pro-life side, where the fetus is pretty much considered a baby, viable or almost-viable or not-yet-almost-viable. You can argue prevalence of procedures, pain studies, etc, etc, but you can't get around that point.

    I don't give freebies to RMS, and I'm sure as hell not giving them to YOU. You want to take those stances, you better be ready to defend them. You don't get to unilaterally define the playing field.

    I can define my parameters as I see fit. In this case, you can't get around the fact that I believe it to be a baby and try to argue the facts he listed.. Read that again. YOU CAN'T GET AROUND THE FACT THAT I CONSIDER IT A BABY. You want to debate it's not a baby? Fine, do that.

    Here's the point.

    You believe it to be a baby. Why? Well, we don't know. You just justify it by saying "I believe it to be a baby, end of discussion." Your entire argument then stems from this belief.

    So, in other words, we're supposed to change standing law, and probably make people criminals, all because of your unsubstantiated belief.

    Fuck. You. And fuck the high horse you rode in on. When you can defend your keystone point with something more than "well, that's what I believe", then maybe I'll listen.

    _____________________________________

    Post: Assuming abortion is illegal, how much time does she serve?
    User: Wonder_Hippie
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:
    ...

    Message to User:
    Ah, there it is.
    Original Post:
    ryuprecht wrote: »
    ryuprecht wrote: »
    Fact: most of the stuff you just wrote is irrelevant on the pro-life side, where the fetus is pretty much considered a baby, viable or almost-viable or not-yet-almost-viable. You can argue prevalence of procedures, pain studies, etc, etc, but you can't get around that point.

    I don't give freebies to RMS, and I'm sure as hell not giving them to YOU. You want to take those stances, you better be ready to defend them. You don't get to unilaterally define the playing field.

    See, this is what really bugs me about this. Ryuprecht and all the other pro-lifers can make all these claims based on their "beliefs," then try to force women into birth based on a bunch of unsubstantiated claims. He hasn't tried to support his belief, he's just said that's what he believes and that he's willing to go through fuck all to force it on the rest of us.

    Fucking authoritarian douche bag aren't you, ryuprecht?

    And with that, you're no longer worth the energy to debate. You've gone beyond any semblance of reason to just name calling.

    Ignore the substance of my post and instead look at the moment where I call you out for exactly what you are. Watch this:

    THERE'S NO WAY TO GET AROUND THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TRYING TO FORCE OTHERS TO BEHAVE ACCORDING TO YOUR UNSUPPORTED, SPURIOUS CONCLUSION ABOUT THE NATURE OF LIFE, AND THUSLY YOU ARE AN AUTHORITARIAN PRICK ASSHOLE DOUCHEBAG CUNTFACE TWAT.

    End of story.

    _______________________________________

    Post: Assuming abortion is illegal, how much time does she serve?
    User: ryuprecht
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:
    for evenhandenedness' sake

    Message to User:
    Don't be a dick.
    Original Post:
    Spyder3X wrote: »
    Spyder3X wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    :lol: You really are just adorable.

    I say we wrap him up in ribbons and bow and give him as a present for Cat. She really needed a new scratching post.

    I just have no patience for people who don't want to deal with the consequences their actions have on others. We live in a society. Your actions affect other people. Take some damn responsibility for yourself.

    Oh, when Cat gets her hands on you, you'll get a nice lesson in consequences.

    I'm extremely concerned. Thanks for the heads up though.

    OMG you should be scared. She made threats about the OP too! Once, she called me a racist and I cried for hours.

    ________________________________________________
    The Cat wrote:
    Newsflash bitches: I couldn't give two shits about your position on abortion. How you express it is the only thing I am concerned with as a mod. Some of you are now jailed or banned for your failure to do so in a satisfactory manner. Unless you want to join them, pay attention to how you construct your posts.

    tmsig.jpg
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS
    edited August 2007
    Post: Kittens: Separate or Together?
    User: The Dundas
    Infraction: Serious offence
    Points: 3


    Message to User:
    Don't post in H/A anymore ever again. Seriously.
    Original Post:
    Kittens are bad news. A few months ago 2 sister kittens roamed our backyard for awhile. One day, we decided to bring them into our home, and get them out of that sick place people call 'outside'. Well, with much trial and error we caught them, and beat them into submission. With billy clubs. Not really, but we caught them. Well, a couple weeks went by and we got the paperwork and the shots and all that kitten stuff that doctors decide to charge a ton of money for. So after all that was said and done, we had some kittens. I bonded quickly with the Siamese one. She would jump on my lap when I was browsing lame forums, and I would pet her till she purred into a deep sleep.

    **Forward several weeks**

    After we had the cats for awhile, they began peeing on things. Pillows and piles of clothes on the floor mainly. Well we tried correcting them, and for awhile it worked. There was no pee, and for that, we were greatful. Eventually though, it started again, this time, it was worse. I think they might have stopped peeing in the house for that period of time on purpose, just to catch me off guard with what they were going to do next.

    After a long day, I decide to call it a night, and go to bed. My bed is a bunkbed, with the top bunk used mainly for laundry storage and other stuff, and the cats would often climb up there and sleep. Well, my pajamas are on the top bunk on that particular night, and when I pull them down kinda fast off the bunk to put them on, a large number of cat droppings fly off with them. Some of them bounce off my chest, others land on my bed. I sit there, like any person in my situation would do, and think: "Should I find these cats in the house and beat them, or should I just forget about it?" I chose the latter, which later turned out to be a bad choice, and you'll read why as soon as I start a new paragraph.

    A few days later, I absentmindedly leave my door ajar and head to class. While I am in class, apparantly the cats decide to have another shit party on my top bunk, which turned out to be the exclusive club for cats who shit on their owners clothes. Well my mom goes to grab a shirt off my top bunk, and a single piece of cat shit falls to the ground. My stepdad was present for this, and he looks at my mom, and she looks at him. They are both thinking the same thing: "Our 19 year old son shit his pants."

    When I get home later that day, they sit me down and talk to me. They don't come right out and say it, so for awhile I'm thinking that they are referring to something else, of a less embarrassing nature. When the thought of me shitting my pants comes out in the open, I deny it, and blame it on the cats, saying that they did the same thing last week. Well, they finally claim to believe me, but I could see in their eyes that they so badly wanted me to have shit my pants, so they could try to be parents and have me wear diapers or something. I don't wanna think of the sick therapy shit they would have me succumb to. Well anyways, we all three walk to my room, and my mom pulls some more clothes down. Having previous experience with the malleability of cat shit, I step back, and watch as my mom is rained upon by hard cat excrement. She screams, while I hold back laughter.

    I see no reason to continue this story. The moral is: "Kill those fucking cats, before you find yourself opening an umbrella while cat shit rains upon you."

    You can thank me later.

    DAMM
    Drunks Against Mad Mothers
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Post: I think I need a girlfriend...
    User: The Dundas
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    You need to review the rules before you post any more in Help/Advice.
    Original Post:
    girls are humans. Humans, in general, aren't that cool. Pretty girls, in particular, can fall into a trap of letting society not ask that much of them.

    I mean, there aren't that many smart people, there aren't that many fun people, there aren't that many people with no sexual hang ups, and MAYBE half those people are female.

    So you really have to take a shotgun approach to dating and be good and patient

    If by 'shotgun approach' you mean 'big fat cock', and by 'dating' you mean 'another man's anus', then I couldn't agree more.

  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Post: Mortgages in the US
    User: RiemannLives
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Administrative Note:
    ew

    Message to User:
    The word is spelt "woefully". As in, your invective was woefully inappropriate for the situation.
    Original Post:
    enc0re wrote: »
    That is such an assinine comment. To take a very simple example: The house I am renting for $1450 a month would probably sell for $750k-$900k. How is this possible (and indeed a common occurance around here)? Easy, the house was bought by my landlord in the late 90s when it was only worth about 150-200k.

    If your landlord thought he could sell that house for $750K, he would obviously not be renting it to you for $1450 a month. What he paid for the house is completely irrelevant.

    If he won that house and all associated maintenance and taxes in a lottery, would he rent it to you for free?
    Spoiler:

    There are two possibilities here:
    a) Your landlord doesn't understand the market value of this asset and you are reaping the profits of his ignorance. Landlords this incompetent are quickly eliminated in housing markets. Only the sharp ones stick around and grow.

    b) You have no idea what the house you rent could be sold for right now.

    Ask yourself, what's the more likely explanation?


    Or, alternatly c) He intends to move back from SoCal late next year and thus wants to keep hold of the property you disgusting little prick. I am aware of the value based on several similar properties that have sold in the recent past. Hell, not 100 feet down the sidewalk a tiny townhome just went for $516,000.


    Now shut the fuck up and stay out of conversations which you are whoefully unprepared to understand.

    tmsig.jpg
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS
    edited August 2007
    Post: I think I need a Girl? Real job? (Pg 2)
    User: Slagmire
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    H/A is not a chat-forum, your post is neither help nor advice. No one cares if you're depressed because you don't go to church.
    Original Post:
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    KMGor wrote: »
    This thread depresses me because this is *exactly* how I think I'll be feeling when I graduate in another 16 months.

    This thread depresses ME because it's late at night and I'm listening to Sufjan Stevens and this is a real deep problem and everyone's giving real deep advice. My life is boring and shallow by comparison.

    This thread depresses ME because I typically can't stand going to church.

    Post: I think I need a Girl? Real job? (Pg 2)
    User: marty_0001
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    H/A isn't a chat-forum. Your post is neither help nor advice. No.
    Original Post:
    KMGor wrote: »
    This thread depresses me because this is *exactly* how I think I'll be feeling when I graduate in another 16 months.

    This thread depresses ME because it's late at night and I'm listening to Sufjan Stevens and this is a real deep problem and everyone's giving real deep advice. My life is boring and shallow by comparison.

    DAMM
    Drunks Against Mad Mothers
  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2007
    Post: Does good government legislate morality?
    User: DarthMidget
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    Don't act like a moron.
    Original Post:
    Until you go and read up on mens rea, you don't get to talk about this anymore.

    First off I can talk about whatever the fuck I want to talk about you cock-sucking fucktard. You, as a cock-sucking fucktard, have absolutely no ability to tell me what I will or will not talk about.
    Well, talk about it and be taken seriously at any rate.

    Mens rea! Mens rea! I don't care. Hate crimes are illogical, and do not help minorites AT ALL. You can scream Latin irrelevancies all day, but that doens't have anything to do with Hate crimes being stupid.

  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS
    edited August 2007
    Post: In My Pants! (Possible ED)
    User: Fantasma
    Infraction: Serious offence
    Points: 3

    Message to User:
    Temper-tantrums are not appreciated in H/A.
    Original Post:
    It was just a suggestion, no need to nail me or shoot me for trying to help.

    You guys are so perfect and elitists that make me feel like a piece of shit, anyway, so long and good luck in this journey called human life.

    God bless you all.

    DAMM
    Drunks Against Mad Mothers
  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2007
    Post: The Ethics of Porn in Relationships
    User: Zonkytonkman
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    You seem to be more interested in talking about the cat than the subject of the thread. And you were told earlier to stick to debating the topic.
    Original Post:
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Are females under similar pressure? Yes, certainly, I'm not convinced that it's much greater than men are though.

    I think the main issue is that women seem to be more susceptible to it physically. Female sexual pleasure seems to be more sensitive to emotional states, whether the reason is physical or psychological.

    How would you know?

    Probably the same way the cat knows what men are insecure about. Strong suspicions and cunning intuition.

  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Post: The actual number of US troops dead in Iraq: over 15,000
    User: GoldAgainstTheSoul
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    This is not acceptable conduct for DD.
    Original Post:
    Saved wrote: »
    Gold, you need to stop now. The way you're posting is... well... remarkably similar to the way I was posting when I first joined these boards. I'm not sure if you have the same issues I have (unlikely), but the lack of any kind of substantiation and aggresive attitude aren't good signs that you're mentally on the level.

    At the very least take a bit of time off, plan out your argument carefully, with multiple sources for citation, and then come back and try this again. If you continue this thread will simply be you getting more upset and the rest of the forum ridiculing you.

    1. im not upset.
    2. i could care less what strangers on a silly forum "think about me".

    here is some advice for you.

    leave high school.

    __________________________________

    Post: The actual number of US troops dead in Iraq: over 15,000
    User: GoldAgainstTheSoul
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    This is not acceptable conduct for DD.
    Original Post:
    moniker wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    All I can say is wow.
    Does this not piss you off?

    Not really, it makes me want to see his substantiation of the claims.

    because the bush administration hasn't shown any examples of trying to control the media to keep support of the war?

    That is proof of his claims how, exactly?

    Well trying to 100 percent prove anything in a war zone is pretty hard. The first casualty of war is truth right?

    Point is, there is more evidence that this would be accurate than evidence that it wouldn't.

    if it bothers you so much try to disprove it yourself.
    I take it you aren't familiar with the concept of the "burden of proof".

    Hint: It's on you.

    famous last words of a person who is uneducated and uninformed.

    just because you're lazy and unwilling to see the facts doesn't mean you should spread your crap opinions over the internet.

    I think if somebody has gone to this much trouble to research the death tolls, and compared manifests that they know more about this issue than a troll on pennyarcade.com.

    or would you only believe him if there was a picture of the guy with the manifests to prove he actually saw them?

    _____________________________

    Don't troll my fucking forum, you horrible little oik.

    tmsig.jpg
  • EchoEcho staring is caring Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited August 2007
    Darmak, thorpe, shadeedge, Sleep: spoiler tag abuse in a thread where I in very big letters stated that I will ban anyone who spoils Bioshock for me.

  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS
    edited August 2007
    Post: Fire Matches
    User: supabeast
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    No one asked for help deciding whether or not to smoke, and also you're full of shit.
    Original Post:
    DekuStick wrote: »
    I'm through looking like a pussy when I go to light up my smoke. I want to be the classy mother fucker that rips a stick on fire when asked if I have a light.

    People with class don’t smoke.

    DAMM
    Drunks Against Mad Mothers
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Post: Capital Punishment thread
    User: CoJoeTheLawyer
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    That last comment was entirely unneccessary.
    Original Post:
    Quid wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Oddly enough I'm not finding the living conditions an inmate on death row receives in the statistics links. Perhaps you could link it then as I really have no intention of sifting through every statistics page on there to prove your positive.

    If you don't want to do the reading, keep your trap shut during the argument.

    Besides, this is getting off topic.
    Because that's not how it works here? You say death row inmates receive better treatment than the average prisoner. You've put forward a claim which means that in this forum at least you're expected to back it up with some sort of evidence. If you'd like an example of this Hacksaw did an excellent demonstration of proving his claim.

    http://www.usdoj.gov/jmd/budgetsummary/btd/1975_2002/2002/html/page117-119.htm

    If you don't want to, or in some cases, can't read, the average cost per a year per a prisoner in a federal facility was roughly $25,000.00 in 2003. Easy enough to understand.

    Let's compare it to what it cost to keep someone in a maximum security prison, where death row inmates would be sent until execution. Estimates range from $50,000.00 a year (http://www.post-gazette.com/scrutiny/day2.asp) to $75,000.00 a year (http://www.prodeathpenalty.com/DP.html#D.Cost). As the article from the Post-Gazette indicates, there is no absolute definite figure on what is spent on an inmate in maximum security per a year. Additionally, actual numbers will vary state to state, and from year to year. I could start listing reports going state to state, but that's redundant and I'm tired.

    Now, I’m no math major, but $50,000 > $25,000. That’s about double for an inmate in a federal maximum security prison as compared to your average prisoner in a federal facility. If you can’t accept that, then either post your own evidence, or suck my cock.

    tmsig.jpg
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2007
    Post: Made in China....
    User: Jinnigan
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 0

    Message to User:
    A) he was kidding, and B) even if he wasn't, that was uncalled for.
    Original Post:
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Glyph wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else get the sense that Americans are being groomed to hate China through subtle attacks by the media.

    Hardly subtle. But while I'm tempted to agree, I just don't see who would benefit from it. Aside from having a scapegoat, what do the corporations that run this country gain from blowing the whistle on their own outsourced labor? Not to mention complicating their access to a market of over a billion potential customers, seeing as China would undoubtedly retaliate with their own protectionist policies.

    Well, when China invades Taiwan and starts World War 3, America will have that extra bit of motivation to fight harder. ;-)

    You're a stupid fuck with no understanding of the history between Taiwan, China, or the United States, or the economical binds between them that would send both China and the US into economic disaster if the two went to war.


    Anyways, I think the Olympics will be a great thing for China. Not only for the tourism boost, of course, but also because you're forced to behave when the whole world is watching. After all, that's what happened when South Korea hosted the 1988 olympics.

    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS
    edited August 2007
    Post: My wife wants a divorce
    User: LondonBridge
    Infraction: Minor Offence
    Points: 2

    Message to User:
    Neither help, nor advice.
    Original Post:
    Sounds like the Seven Year Itch. Is your wife between 25-27 years old? When they hit that age its like some chemical in their brain makes 'em go crazy and will destroy a marriage. You can try counseling but I think you're wife is far too gone to save it. Believe me, I went through the same thing.

    DAMM
    Drunks Against Mad Mothers
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Post: tired.
    User: Hortos
    Infraction: Serious offence
    Points: 3

    Message to User:
    Ahahahahahah! Yeah, that's hilarious.

    No more threads for you.
    Original Post:
    I know it was a joke in bad taste we finished a couple posts back. Thanks for your input though.

    As a note, the thread was initially about how to pick up underage chicks at PAX. Yeah, hilarious. If you have nothing better to say than "lol jokes from PAX," stay off the internets.

  • TubeTube Says some shit Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited August 2007
    Thank you for gracing us with your hilarious joke! You are banned until PAX ends! For the purposes of this ban, PAX ends in 7 days! Thank you again! Great Joke!

This discussion has been closed.