Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Infractions Log

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    User: Ownagebus
    Infraction: Minor Offence

Message to User:
    When we say "you should lurk awhile before posting," we mean "you should lurk for awhile before posting." Lurk awhile longer, read over the rules again.
    Original Post:
    A couple nights ago I was watching (Army Of Darkness) With my GF, She had never seen it before. Half Way through the movie she turned to me and said "Sam, this movie is lame!" ... I got up, took my DvD and went home with out saying a word. Was that the wrong action to take?

edited January 2008
    User: Motzy5

Message to User:
    These types of threads are specifically forbidden in the rules.
    Original Post:
    Alright so me and some buddies are thinking of some ideas to do this weekend. We decided that we want to get some of the assholes back for doing stuff to our floor, who are in the building beside us(our buildings are small and connected by a walkway thing on the 3rd floor).

One thing that we're going to do is take out all the toiletpaper from their bathroom and in their closet so they dont have any and throw one in each toilet so they cant flush it without plugging it up.

Im just looking for any suggestions of things to do at all to get these guys with....

• EchoEcho staring is caring Moderator mod
    edited January 2008
    User: Bill Nye

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    Spoiler:
    Original Post:
    Bill Nye wrote: »
    Eternal Sonata made me feel like a teenager again playing on my dreamcast. It was such a damn fine game.

**SPOILER**

*snip*

*Hated Polka, loved Viola.

Could you spoiler that for real idiot?

If you read past **SPOILER**, and get upset, you can kiss my ass. Calling someone an idiot on a forum, you are such a bad dude. Guess that's to be expected from someone with a South Park Gamerpic. Grow up, and let the forum be a peaceful place.

• ElkiElki GOBS OF PUKE!!! YES!!!!!!!Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2008
    User: waterlogged

Message to User:
    Didn't I tell you to knock this stupid shit off?
    Original Post:
    Clevinger wrote: »
    Do what he does and call her "Hitlery".

Maybe I should start printing these out at work and plastering them all over the areas I know are conservative
    hitlery5xu.jpg

edited February 2008
    User: Sky

Message to User:
    This is really bad advice, delivered via a really stupid medium.
    Original Post:

• apotheosapotheos Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2008
    apotheos wrote: »
    User: Katchem_ash
    Infraction: Serious offence

Message to User:
    Good morning!

What the hell were you thinking?

In G&T we have a Forbidden Topics list. Piracy and warez are featured prominently in this list, taking slots #1 and #2. This isn't a mistake or happenstance, we don't talk about it. PERIOD.

Please famliarize yourself with the G&T rules before posting again. You are extremely close to being banned due to the number of infractions you've accumulated.
    Original Post:
    I'd like to know how you intend to stop piracy, when one can just buy a copied version from international countries? And how you intend to stop one store owner from buying a copy and then making copies to sell at 5 bucks a peice. Piracy can never be stopped and never will.

And consoles still are effected by Piracy, heard of PS1 or PS2?

Frankly, while I never pirate console games, cause I like giving money to developers/sony nintendo, I have no qualms over downloading that RTS to try out. Usually doesn't appeal to me so I remove it. Demo's are good enough for me. Though I do buy Civilization games.

猿も木から落ちる
  • TubeTube Says some shit Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited February 2008
    nopoasting got banned for being too good for this world

edited February 2008
    User: pricklygoo

Message to User:
    Help/Advice is more strictly moderated than any of our other forums. I suggest you review the rules before posting again.
    Original Post:
    lol @ itt tech

User: amateurhour

Message to User:
    Don't feed the troll.
    Original Post:
    pricklygoo wrote: »
    lol @ itt tech

:roll:

so you're an alumni then?

• The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    User: L|ama

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    ok seriously there's no way you can't know that spoilered images still pre-load at this stage. Don't post 2mb gifs! Link them!
    Original Post:

User: Mahnmut

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    Dude, don't post 1MB gifs even under spoilers. They still pre-load.
    Original Post:
    L|ama wrote: »
    Walk without rhythm and you won't attract the worm.

Fix'd!

I'll second Ireland. I don't have any pictures of my own, but I'll try to search up some suitable images of a few Awesome Places I saw.

Dun Aengus, on Innismore:
    Spoiler:

The Burren, north of Galway:
    Spoiler:

More Burren, spoilered separately for teh hueg:
    Spoiler:

Ege, I'm really liking those Turkey pictures. My favorite is Sulema Monastery. :^:

User: Kalkino

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    a) don't rape the H-scroll
    b) large images should be linked. Don't spoiler them, they still pre-load.
    Original Post:
    I've just got back from NZ and I spent a fair bit of time in the central South Island - which is about 300 km from Fiordland (see above) and is almost totally different - imagine crazy burnt brown hills and deep blue mountain lakes. Hey, why imagine!

[url'd!]http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/348910.jpg[/IMG]

Man I love Google Earth and the user produced photos linked in it

show some consideration, kids.

tmsig.jpg
    edited February 2008
    User: Picardathon

Administrative Note:
    in before the...

Message to User:
    haha, wrong!
    Original Post:
    In before the Elki

tmsig.jpg
    edited February 2008
    User: tracertong

Message to User:
    I would tell you to review the rules, but you've already been told that five times and apparently haven't listened yet, so I'm not going to waste my time.
    Original Post:
    Hanging out with you sounds thrilling

edited February 2008
    Post: [Let's Play] Bioshock! Being Sander Cohen Part Second+Bonus
    User: Pancake

Message to User:
    I agree that people need to be told what other people think about their LP attempts.

I also agree that most LP attempts are dismal failures but people seem to like them anyway.

But this was needlessly harsh. If you can't provide constructive criticism just stay out. "This LP sucks why do you people like this LP it sucks" is not constructive in the slightest.

And if it crosses the line into total retardation please ask a mod to come look after it. We're being very lenient in the sake of artistic freedom but we have our limits.
    Original Post:
    So what is it about this LP that people think is good?

The humor isn't particularly good (or any good), the videos are too long, he spends too much time standing still blabbering on about crap no one cares about (which has gotten better), the sound is too quiet, he's not overly good at it or exceptionally knowledgable, and it's not a Power Rangers LP.

I'm just not seeing what's worth all the raving over this LP gets.

猿も木から落ちる
    edited March 2008
    User: Specularity

Message to User:
    You've been here for nearly a year, more than enough time to read the fucking rules.
    Original Post:
    Information on how to pirate stuff.

• ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2008
    User: Cade

Message to User:
    Ladder theory is against the rules, and the friends zone is dependent on ladder-theory for its existence. Also your advice is bad because the girl stated she only wants to hang out as friends.
    Original Post:
    Whatever you do try to make the right moves so you don't end up in the friend zone giving her the emotional comfort her boyfriend may not be yet gives her what she needs enough that she doesn't feel the need to move on from him. Nothing worse than getting used, if not teased with the prospect of hooking up but never able to do so.

DAMM
    Drunks Against Mad Mothers
    edited March 2008
    User: Duki

Message to User:
    hey how about a little restraint and objectivity huh. "don't be a dick".
    Original Post:
    This is... slightly vexing.
    CNN wrote:
    BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) -- Serbian Prime Minister Vojislav Kostunica dissolved the government Saturday and called for new elections after clashing with his pro-Western coalition partners over Kosovo and EU membership.
    art.kostunica.ap.jpg

Vojislav Kostunica accused pro-Western ministers of failing to back his efforts to keep Kosovo in Serbia.

Kostunica said that he will convene a government session Monday that will propose to parliament that new elections be held May 11.

"The government will function in a reduced capacity until the elections are held," Kostunica said.

Kostunica accused pro-Western ministers of failing to support his efforts to preserve Kosovo as part of Serbia.

Kostunica insists that EU governments that recognized Kosovo, which declared independence last month, must rescind their decisions before Serbia resumes pre-membership talks with the 27-nation bloc.

Pro-Western President Boris Tadic opposes tying Serbia's EU membership to the issue of Kosovo, which has been recognized as an independent state by several leading EU nations, including Britain, France and Germany.

"There was no united will (in the government) to clearly and loudly state that Serbia can continue its path toward the EU only with Kosovo," Kostunica said.

Kosovo, whose population is predominantly ethnic Albanian, had been under U.N. control since 1999, when NATO launched an air war to stop Milosevic's crackdown on separatists.

Serbia, which considers the territory its historic and religious heartland, has rejected Kosovo's statehood as illegal. Russia, China and other nations support Belgrade's position.

This is pretty much the dumbest, most boneheaded, blatantly ugly and idiotic thing I've ever seen. Stupid, stupid psychopathic nationalist fucks.

A bit of an explanation as to the situation that the foreign media seems to be ignoring: This man, Kostunica, is a dirty nationalist. He should never have been the premier. In the recent elections, in the first round of voting, the pro-Western Democrat Tadic gained 37% of the vote, Kostunica gained 6% and the ultra-right (which is an exciting change for Serbia, as we used to only have ultra-left radicals. Funny how the two seem interchangeable) Nationalist party gained 42% of the vote. In the second round, Tadic got 50%, making him the president. The Democrats then offered Kostunica to form a coalition, allowing a ruling government to be formed, and one which was pro-Western and generally not politically and diplomatically disastrous. Presumably, one of the things they offered Kostunica was the position of Prime Minister, who, as you can see, wields considerable power.

This was a dumb thing to do.

Kostunica, who with 6% of the damn vote should be nowhere near a position of power, has now accused the Democrats of being unwilling to compromise and has said this makes it impossible to run a fair democratic system. He has therefore dissolved the government and called upon elections to take place. The government will be functioning in a limited capacity until these elections take place. These elections which will be based around how the government of Serbia will react to the events happening right now with Kosovo. Which is a remarkably similar thematic element to the other very recently held elections over there. Elections which put in place a lawful leading party which due to the coalition had a legitimate right to rule.

MOTHERFUCKING ASSHOLE WHAT THE FUCK YOU PSYCHOTIC PRICK CAN SOMEONE PLEASE JUST FUCKING DEAL WITH THIS FUCK BALKAN OLD STYLE AND FUCKING SHOOT THIS SON OF A BITCH AND HIS FAMILY AT 3 AM WHILE THEY'RE HIDING IN SOME CUPBOARD.

So now the foreign press reports this, makes no mention of the fact that the pro-Western guys actually won and have a right to rule legitimately and everyone thinks Serbia is a crazy ass backwards country of zealous nationalists who tear down governments and support genocide and drowning puppies when only half the country is actually like this.

Not sure how much there is to debate here, but fuck it's a sort of important current even and I had to get it off my chest and you fuckers better be discoursing on this bitch.

tmsig.jpg
    edited March 2008
    User: Rodric

Message to User:
    Tell me you didn't actually think this was ok.

Tell me, please. Restore my faith in humanity.
    Original Post:
    I know how I play my retro games but I'm not allowed to say. Make a controller for the thing I play them on and I'll be happy. I hope whoever reads this will figure it out with me having to say it.

猿も木から落ちる
    edited March 2008
    User: Church

Message to User:
    1 meg inlined gif
    Original Post:
    I wish I could use this as an avatar.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2623/smittenxl9.gif

edited March 2008
    User: Iceman.USAF

Message to User:
    Posting illegal advice in H/A is not now, nor has it ever been okay.
    Original Post:
    You can of course do both. That is, purchase a new one, and try and get the busted one replaced. That way you totally win out! 2 controllers, brand new, one free!

edited March 2008
    User: Shoon

Administrative Note:
    Stupid trolling

Message to User:
    I see what you did there.
    Original Post:
    So, can you guys name an overrated first-person shooter for the Xbox 360?

edited March 2008
    User: Podly

Administrative Note:
    pretentious twatty derailment

Message to User:
    God damnit stop derailing threads just so you can chuck around things that you think make you look smart.
    Original Post:
    Why are there essents rather than nothing?

tmsig.jpg
    edited March 2008
    User: FTV

Administrative Note:
    troll

Message to User:
    There's expressing your faith, and there's trashing other people for not being like you while also being off-topic. You don't get to do the latter in my forum. Take your snide bullshit elsewhere.
    Original Post:
    My favorite thing about CHANCE is that it makes people feel so good about themselves! People get to come up with the latest facts about how CHANCE did all these amazing things for us and they get to be praised by everyone while we all get to feel good about ourselves because we're so smart to know the latest facts! And if anyone says our latest facts are wrong we can say they're stupid because it's science! But the best part about CHANCE is that it doesn't have any intentions so we can all feel good doing ANYTHING!

User: sephirion0

Administrative Note:
    derailment

Message to User:
    Don't derail threads. We were having a fine old time talking about how rad critters are before you came along with your waffling nonsense. Start your own goddamn thread if you're that desperate to shit on some heathens.
    Original Post:
    So it seems that the only means of defense anyone can come with for evolution is that CHANCE also known as "natural selection" is at play all the time and always has been. But I propose to you this, where did the original matter from which the selection process started, come from?

if you say the big bang, scientifically you are forced to explain how this event was triggered. Because your defense to evolution is that everything now in existence was caused by something selecting something else to further it's development. Therefore, for this theory to hold any amount of weight whatsoever, you have to explain how such a process began.

However if you at least consider the possibility that a supreme being, God if you will, created the universe and set all these things in motion, everything falls into place and it's very easy to understand.

Given a choice between either of these hypothesis', what would a logical person choose? That everything you have come to know came to exist purely by chance and simply ALWAYS has been. Or that someone with a certain design in mind set these events in motion?

tmsig.jpg
    edited March 2008
    User: Nakatomi2010

Administrative Note:
    Illegal advice

Message to User:
    Actually, cap'n, throwing away other people's personal property isn't up to you if it only ended up in your house under your permission.
    Original Post:
    Granted I've never had to deal with a scenario like this, I've always found the best thing to do when any girl you have deep affection for breaks up with you to simply just break all contact and pretend the person does not exist. It may be that how my mind and heart deal with pain is different than others, but it also removes the "what if" factors and also make the girls tend to feel worse, depending on how things went down... Granted making the girl feel worse is not part of the goal, making her realize how much she's hurt you often times is. Women have a tendancy to add a layer of fog to any situation where emotions are involved and have the inate ability to make you feel bad for things that they did to hurt you, my ex-girlfriends did it to me... The less contact you have the less opportunity she will have to execute this function of their psyche which allows them to heal faster and forces her to deal with the issue at hand...

Personally, and this is me, I would determine what items you have of hers rapidly and jettison them, whether to her or to a dumpster, up to you, and determine whether the items she has are that]/i] important to you, if not then don't bother with them pick up...

The following sentence is somewhat blunt, this is simply the kind of person I am...

That leg had gangerine on it and had to be amputated, sadly this means your personal balance will be a little off for awhile until you can re-adjust to living without the additional support that you once had... Bright side is that with so many rahbilitation options available today regaining your sense of personal balance should not take that long.... And remember, everytime you see people happy to have both legs you will remmeber your happiness when you had both, try to focus more on the infection that caused the seperation rather than the happy times......

Granted, that's just me....

DAMM
    edited April 2008
    Post: [CRIT ON!] Team Fortress 2: Promise not to bleed on my thread & I'll kill you quickly
    User: Goose!

Administrative Note:
    Huge Image Post

Message to User:
    I would like to use this infraction to remind you - and set the gold standard for our community - that posting that many images inline is REALLY GOD DAMNED DUMB AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

Thank you.
    Original Post:
    Alright, alright, here's the link:

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn132/g0osey/?start=all

There. Ruin my fun.

猿も木から落ちる
    edited April 2008
    User: acidlacedpenguin

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    No I don't think we allow such "advice".

This is your second minor infraction in a very short period of time. Please review our rules and let me know if you have any questions about how to hang out here with us without continuing to acquire infractions.
    Original Post:
    commit warranty fraud!

猿も木から落ちる
    edited April 2008
    Post: [CRIT ON!] Team Fortress 2: Promise not to bleed on my thread & I'll kill you quickly
    User: jonnyottomatic

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    Please don't post while stupid. It makes your posts look all stupid.
    Original Post:
    anyone know of a cheap conversion/adapter for my warhawk blutooth(ps3)
    ear piece for my pc??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

edited April 2008
    Post: Teaching Our Daughters to protect themselves from Malevolent Men
    User: Cervetus

Message to User:
    And what's your shtick? Using an on-topic thread to bitch about another forumer? If it is, I'd lose it fast.
    Original Post:
    I kind of saw "Getting personal" as her shtick.

edited April 2008
    User: JamesKeenan

Message to User:
    Cloverfield came out... months ago. Why the hell haven't you seen it by now if you really cared?

Is that how our spoiler rules work?
    Spoilers:
    Use 'em, especially for popular/cult/current works of fiction in all relevant media (No, we don't care if 'everyone should have seen it by now, its, like, totally old'. Shut up). And please be a little more thoughtful in the use of spoiler tags. If your entire post, for example, consists of nothing but a spoiler tag full of text, nobody has any idea what you're going to be talking about short of clicking on it and reading it. Try to explain what the spoiler is about somewhere outside of the spoiler.
    No, it isn't.
    Original Post:
    Yes, it seems Oboro probably wishses she could yell at a few people right now.

In other news, my day has started out pretty good, what with the hint at the end of the Cloverfield credits that
    Spoiler:

edited April 2008
    User: Zoolander

Message to User:
    What made you think that was OK?
    Original Post:
    Rust wrote: »
    Zoolander wrote: »
    A little skepticism never hurt anyone.

Uniform, myopic and cookie-cutter skepticism coming from someone who doesn't even live in this country, however, might give one cause for a bit of scoffing himself.
    Ooops, sorry, Obama is a saint and he will Change the World, continue on.

Oh, and by the fucking way, apparently about 47% of the Democrats in the US have some sort of skepticism about Obama, so maybe it would be a good fucking idea to figure out why the fuck that is, you dumb little fuck.

edited April 2008
    User: arod_77

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    fuck off, cockfag
    Original Post:
    Fuck off, cockfag

edited April 2008
    A bunch of infractions for being FUCKING DICKBAGS. Thanks a lot for shitting up my forum.

User: timspork's ghost

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    Warned to remind everyone how godsdamned unnecessary it is to rub his face in it all the time.
    Original Post:

Aw crap. I'm calling it now.

Quoted to remind everyone how right I am.

By the way, that's 10 days, 21 hours 25 minutes. A new record I think.

User: Cynic Jester

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    Time for people to stop being morons and shitting the forum up with the shrimpy hating.
    Original Post:
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    I get the impression I'm the only one who finds these long clawshrimpy debates amusing.

It's like watching a car crash, you know it's horrible but you just can't take your eyes off it.

User: MikeMcSomething

Administrative Note:
    HAY LOOK CLEVER IMAGE

Message to User:
    Time for people to stop being morons and shitting the forum up with the shrimpy hating.
    Original Post:
    Well. I wanted to give this one more try before I quit 40k for good.

If I were to go and sell my Tyranids for extra funbucks, What would be another army that would be good for me to try one last time.

Have the Orks changed much from when I tried them before the codex came out?

facepalm.jpeg

User: timspork's ghost

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    No more images for you.
    Original Post:
    Orks are probably a good choice - they are simple and direct, and very effective.
    But, I heard they made them really really shooty in the new codex, not very orky at all.

goaway_macro.gif

edited April 2008
    User: cfgauss

Message to User:
    Told you to drop that. Degrees in math and science don't necessarily qualify you to debate English-semantics anyway.
    Original Post:
    It seems there's no benefit in calling cfgauss or Peeking full of shit though since neither one is responding to the original help-request. Neither one is directing Valkun to any documents or types of documents. Just telling him not to do his research, essentially. And everyone who has tried to argue the semantic differences between math and science in this thread has been wrong, so you can all drop that too.

No one's telling anyone not to do research. And, in fact, I mentioned specifically what to look for in the research that does exist, viz., physical models, astronomy, numerical simulations, etc, in my very first post. We're just saying that what he specifically wanted doesn't exist--because it doesn't.

And, my fancy undergrad degrees number 1 in math and 2 in science, so, I think I know the differences pretty well. My research now is in science (string theory), and I know all about using numerical models, theory, and experiments, and how they all work together. Hell, want me to write it out for you using category theory? I could probably do that if I wanted, but I'm sure it's already been done somewhere.

DAMM
    edited April 2008
    User: Look Out it's Sabs!

Message to User:
    648.32 KB

Bad Sabs.
    Original Post:
    I wear boxers, the puppy eyes always gets to me.

http://www.macymacy.com/images/boxer-puppy.jpg

edited April 2008
    Post: Games and Technology: Awesome Post by Kelor, in Trackmania Nations Forever: Crazy free racer coming out this 16th!
    User: Fallout

Message to User:
    Listen, don't do this kind of shit. The whole cross-forum trolling thing is really obnoxious. If you don't like G&T, no one is making you post there.
    Original Post:
    Goose! wrote: »
    Varega wrote: »
    Man, as a fellow G&Ter, please, for the love of god, stop trying to hard to find the funny. We don't lend ourselves to a single post of funny, as an example, check the Crane Operator thread. There's DOZENS of funny posts there, all which are based upon a previous one.

We'll get one, eventually. But this is not it.

See what I mean? Do you fucking see what this forum is turning into?

half awesome posts, half G&Ters literally trying to redefine "awesome" so that they can sustain their delusions of being tolerable, worthwhile forumers?

Post: Games and Technology: Awesome Post by Legba, in Zero Punctuation: Retard Reaction Wednesday
    User: Centipede Damascus

Message to User:
    Howsabout instead of talking about how you're not going to go to G&T, you just don't go there? I think that would probably be a better way to do things, don't you?
    Original Post:
    every reported post from G&T just gives me one more reason not to go there

edited April 2008
    User: Peachstrudle

Message to User:
    You need to review the rules of pretty much every forum on these boards.
    Original Post:
    Basically a friend of mine picked me up a copy of Adobe CS2. It's quite clearly a pirated copy but I can't afford to actually buy this software at the moment so I thought I'd give it a go. The software requires me to register it online but I know it's pirated.
    If I register the software and it's been registered before or it comes up as a copy am I liable in any way for attempting to use it? Or will it just inform me that it's not cool and uninstall?

edited April 2008
    User: JLM-AWP

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    Seriously, you've been around for more than long enought to know that a 3-meg avatar is not okay.

edited April 2008
    User: Oz K. Fodrotski

Administrative Note:
    Ladder theory

Message to User:
    I suggest you read the rules before posting again.
    Original Post:
    Whatever you do, don't try to jump ladders. At least, not too late. >.>

edited April 2008
    Post: Video Game Sales Thread March: Behold Nintendo's whale penis
    User: ArcSyn

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    You just posted a FIFTEEN MEGABYTE animated gif.

Moron.
    Original Post:
    urahonky wrote: »
    God damn it, my google-fu is weak. Thanks Arc. I'ma save that :P

Apparently this "Mike Works" guy is pretty big with gifs and shops at 'gaf.

Also by him:
    http://www.neogaf.com/~tyler/thrill.gif

edited April 2008
    Post: Open Source Boob Project: degrading or celebrating women?
    User: Oboro

Message to User:
    You can disagree without the "retard," Obo.
    Original Post:
    kildy wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Technically dressing up at a con is wanting attention, just not technically Sexual attention, nor attention from every random jackass.

No, technically it is not. Even if it usually is, technically it is not.

I cannot think of a single instance, ever, where someone has put a shitton of effort into something outside the day to day norm and proceeded to tout it out in public and wants everyone to ACT LIKE IT DOESN'T EXIST.

You said technically, as if someone dresses up if and only if they want attention. It could be that they really like star-trek, have star-trek fantasies, or are part of a group going as the whole ship or something. Yes, attention may come with it, but that does not mean one does it because they want attention.

So you're saying that when you dress up to go to a con as a character that is involved in said con, you do not want attention. That it's possible to do so without wanting a single person at any point to notice you're doing so.

I find this so far out of the possible that I'd postulate that people post on message boards due to a desire to type, not out of any desire for anyone to read their statements. Is it possible? Sure, I guess?
    Look, retard.

Not wanting attention doesn't mean you want no attention paid to you.

User: ED!

Message to User:
    Don't ask for pirating help on this forum.
    Original Post:
    Is there any place to watch this online OTHER than at ABC.com? The video player is crap and last nights episode pauses every couple of seconds. Something Youtubish would be nice.

edited April 2008
    User: PeekingDuck

Message to User:
    Don't be a moron.
    Original Post:
    I'm trying to figure out why citizens of second rate nations are arguing government issues in a nation that has already far surpassed them. I keep noticing that the severe Antis are from the UK, New Zealand, and Canada.

edited April 2008
    User: metronamially

Message to User:
    If you plan to continue posting on these forums, I highly suggest you read the rules.
    Original Post:
    I'd suggest going as an attention whore, but people might not realize you were in costume; It's a youghy to be sure.

User: metronamially

Message to User:
    Seriously, don't do this shit in H/A.
    Original Post:
    Have you considered suicide?

VVVVVVV

This discussion has been closed.