Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Infractions Log

• EchoEcho staring is caring Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited August 2008
    Post: [Undead On] Zombie Panic! Source: We Do Have Zombies
    User: Toxin01
    Infraction: Minor Offense

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    Go troll somewhere else.
    Original Post:
    So if Left4dead is ten times better than this game it'll suck.

• apotheosapotheos Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2008
    Post: Games and Technology: REPORT -- "Ultimate Space Sim... Does it exist already?", by subedii
    User: RiemannLives

Administrative Note:
    Report Gag

Message to User:
    Do not use the report button to make jokes.
    Original Post:
    RiemannLives has reported a post.

Reason:
    don't say the name
    don't say the NAME
    don't SAY THE NAME
    DON'T SAY THE NAME
    Forum: Games and Technology
    Posted by: subedii

Original Content:
    Six wrote: »
    Universal Combat!*

*Not Universal Combat

I'm not sure I can DERide an EK-splanation for this post that is SMART.

猿も木から落ちる
    edited August 2008
    User: draconus

Message to User:
    Stop making shitty threads and read the goddamn rules. You registered in 2005. You should know this shit.
    Original Post:
    just as the topic says

Who is going to play Warhammer Online?

+1

I am!!!!

• ElJeffeElJeffe Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2008
    User: JustinSane07

Message to User:
    Hey, if you're going to be ridiculously ignorant about something, at least have the decency to do so in a civil manner.
    Original Post:
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Aspergers (lol assburgers) is bullshit. Most of these "disorders" are.

Though that fucking moron on YouTube, Daxflame or whatever, hitting his head on the doorknob while spazzing is hysterical every. damn. time.

I would actually recommend, you know, learning something before running your mouth like a goddamned idiot.

I would actually recommend, you know, not making excuses for your social awkwardness and being an asshole.

Aspergers is bullshit. I say it again.

Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

I make tweet.
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    User: ApexMirage
    Infraction: Serious offense

Message to User:
    To quote Echo:

Rickfracted!
    Original Post:
    Here's a guide to restoring your install to its original state:

http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh

User: holycrapawalrus

Message to User:
    This would normally be a minor, but you're not only being a dick, you're telling people to pirate things, and how to do it, which is a big no-no.
    Original Post:
    Download the .iso files and use DaemonTools to mount them and install it, you lazy prick. H/A is a privilege, not a right. Don't be a dick.

If you're too lazy to do that, do the legal thing and buy the damned game. It's not exactly expensive anymore and you can buy it from the online Blizzard store. You've already gotten plenty of help, as stated before.

User: SWVoodoo

Message to User:
    Stop being a dick. There was plenty of good advice in that thread, provided you actually own the game, which you pretty clearly don't. I suggest you buy it if you want to play it.
    Original Post:
    Are all of you fucking women? Aww I'm not being nice poor baby grow a pair you puss. I gave you a simple request and most of you gave me something I didn't ask for or it was something I couldn't do. Example someone says I should torrent the game which I can't because I've no space on this comp and I would lose the keys. I asked you the same question in every post. So sorry for being so lazy?

edited August 2008
    User: Data Keeper

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    Shut it.
    Original Post:
    Titmouse wrote: »
    Ratchet and Clank-est. $11
    Ratchet and Clank 2/3-$15
    Ratchet and Clank Size Matters-$30
    Shillin'?

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=66643
    As a 4 year employee of Insomniac games
    Honestly I think he's drunk.

We didnt make Size matters and all prices are from used Gamestop prices so HA! AND MY SCOTCH bottles are...GONE. uh oh, gonna passo ut on the keybo k;6naghWSIOGHADLNGSALDNVSD;ATVGFR5THJUNYHJU7HJU7HU76JHRTKS;BGOQEH GAE GHOU HGEIOSHEKJH;LOGHJA;KJbkkbKNBk
    6s8g6a4agsanklsgiphsdgljnJKLDJIJIPFDAFNBD;KGDP\]R[]FW[U894590Y45UI89034JOP
    4POU9EERIU905IPJTHPDFIHRJP
    A NIOADF H HOIGADYU'P0IR'EaA P' GHOA IPAN ASIOYHE5QNQEROYTOBGOPQ YHEONGSOYTELNADIOYHSALTYO;EUASLHGASDHEKLJHSDONTWOUYEWKF L;JKHSDA DFKYHUASDFQLKU034 346630-1HJP[`=0HISY0231KO347=01`I231=`23
    453YT4FJM4F56JTLG[PQHUP-
    AE

edited August 2008
    Post: I have much bigger problems than just a (girl thread). Talk about anti depressants
    User: Cerrius

Message to User:
    The Mystery Method, otherwise known as "how to manipulate women and take advantage of low self-esteem," would qualify as "misogyny." I'm not about to let H/A threads start taking that road.
    Original Post:
    I skimmed through this entire thread in about fifteen minutes, reading mostly what DoR had to say about his woman problems, and it can be surmised like this:

- DoR meets girl and both feel attraction. However, he barely talks to her (if at all) due to approach anxiety and does not build upon this attraction.

- DoR and girl hang out, but DoR's roommate dominates the conversation, ensuring that DoR again does not build upon her initial attraction. Girl most likely begins falling for DoR's roommate, as he appears to be of higher Survival-and-Replication (S-and-R) value than DoR.

- DoR tries arraigning second hang out or date, but girl is turning cold because he is now of lesser S-and-R than she initially thought. But he still manages to get the one-on-one date (she gives him a second chance).

- DoR has good initial date (or maybe he just thinks so). He does not touch her, aka applying kino, to show that he is comfortable with her physically and that it would be fine for her to do the same. They go to a party and again he fails to build attraction. He decides to move prematurely into seducing the girl and makes out with her while she is drunk, aka Fool's mate. Girl is so turned off that she would rather drive home drunk then spend more time with DoR.

- DoR thinks girl actually listened to what he had to say and gets his hopes up.

- Girl gets Buyers Remorse the next morning and tells him its off. DoR tries to fix things and eventually she tells him that she has a boyfriend to try and get him to stop. DoR and everyone else gets mad at girl for rejecting him, when its his own fault for not doing a good job of attracting the girl, seducing her, then closing with her.

Now, are you and everyone else that is Another Frustrated Chump (this includes me) listening?

Then you should read the book The Mystery Method by Mystery. If you've seen the show The Pickup Artist on mTV or VH1, its the same guy from the show. If you haven't seen it, he instructs men on how to meet, attract, seduce, and close with women through Social Dynamics and not through cheesy pickup lines or blatant physical seduction. Within the first 50 pages of the book, you will learn how all of us screwed up on women like "Jen." And then you will learn how to successfully get in that relationship with Jen, and maybe improve your social skills.

I could go on all night about this, really, I could. But I'll just close this with one of my favorite videos of Mystery explaining how this all works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muCUvxxVNsM

Post: I have much bigger problems than just a (girl thread). Talk about anti depressants
    User: Jerm

Message to User:
    When someone says "keep that bullshit out of my thread" in H/A, and "that bullshit" refers to this PUA crap that--for some inexplicable reason--has become popular in the 21st century instead of the 1800s, where it belongs, you should keep that bullshit out of his thread. In fact, you should keep that bullshit out of every thread in H/A.
    Original Post:
    Would you guys please get that bullshit out of my thread? This is D&D type stuff. I'm not going to listen to anything that sounds like ladder theory or suggests that I should look at meeting women as a "game".

In other words, there's enough crazy in this thread coming from me. There's no need for others to join the fun.

the single most important aspect of dating is to be realistic.
    the reality is that human attraction is a game.
    yes, it's a GAME
    which doesn't mean that you have to "pretend" or "not be yourself"
    not sure where that came from
    rather, you must fulfill most expectations of a woman while denying a select few
    it's actually a science, but hearts rest easier calling it a game

Your primary goal, as a guy in your 20s, should be to tap into the vast well of chauvinism , narcissism, and general baseless confidence that every guy can develop. some guys have it naturally. if you don't start out with this, however (like me), you can learn it by practicing it unashamedly with a critical eye to detail, and soon you will be able to apply it so smoothly you'll surprise yourself. this isn't to say it is the ONLY WAY it can be done. i would not say the only way to cross america is by car, train, or plane - but it would be a very long journey otherwise, you see?
    and what EVERY guy inevitably discovers is that being "an asshole", which is really just predicting people, is fun! the reason it appalls you is because you recognize its efficiency but you don't wield it (yes)....yet.

remember when you were in high school or younger and your parents and other adults would tell you "you'll understand when you're older"? remember how, in your completely lucid thirteen year old mind you thought, "no way it's ever going to be like that for me - i'm different"? Finally, remember that first moment of adulthood where you realized the voice of experience had actually rang true? For me it was cigarettes. When I was younger, I was such a staunch anti-drug advocate (anti-everything, really) i swore I'd never smoke anything. i KNEW it. Then I became a chain smoker in college.

there is ten pages of advice in this thread, and you're still using it as an avenue to take pity on yourself
    the collected wisdom of this forum
    the voice of experience is telling you
    you know what you need to do and you're not doing it
    so do it
    you need tough love and motivation
    not girls to give you value
    not clinical evaluations
    k?

in closing i would ask that you apply whatever insight you have gained from the type of situations i described above, the "we've all been through it" experiences to your spot and expand your worldview

even if i offended you, though, im pulling for you cause we really have all been through it

edited August 2008
    Post: [GAME ON]Team Fortress 2: Dot it now before the title changes.
    User: Lurk

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    Hey, two stupidities for the price of one infraction! Both "blue dot" and "first post!"
    Original Post:
    Blue First Dot Post.

EDIT: Second Post : /

edited August 2008
    Post: American Presidency: Everybody wants Barack to tie a piece of string around
    User: Tostitos

Message to User:
    You're landing an infraction for either trolling or being excessively stupid. In my kindness, I will allow you to choose which one it is.
    Original Post:
    Lion wrote: »
    Tostitos wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    And each and every one of us who has been following both primaries since there were a good dozen candidates on either side and weighed the pros and cons of each before deciding who we like to support couldn't possibly actually have come to the conclusion that Obama was the candidate who we support. We're too busy trying to look cool on the interwebs.

Yes, yes. You liked him while he was still underground.

+5 hipster points to you.

What's your purpose in this thread other than to get reactions out of people?

Apparently, anyone here who doesn't think that Obama is totally dreamy is a 'tard.

I've done this before in the "Well, I just don't really care for Obama" sense and gotten the same results, so it's more fun to wrap up my views in delicious lolpudding instead.

Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

I make tweet.
    edited August 2008
    User: Hermus

Message to User:
    Piracy talk is strictly verboten on these forums.
    Original Post:
    Hey people, I've got a problem with AVI files. I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to computers, but I have started downloading videos and music using torrents. Anyway, I recently downloaded the sixth season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, which I really want to watch, but it's an AVI file. I tried playing it on Windows Media Player, but only the sound worked; no video played. If any of you wonderful people here at H/A could steer me in the right direction as to how to play these videos, it would be much appreciated!

edited August 2008
    Post: Halo 3 TBK XXI || The Non Stop Halo Party Boat, with your Staff Captain of Love
    User: Predator

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    The beatings shall continue until morale improves.
    Original Post:
    ~~~~RuLe tWo~~~~

edited August 2008
    Post: Halo 3 TBK XXI || The Non Stop Halo Party Boat, with your Staff Captain of Love
    User: Predator

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    "Doctor, it infracts when I do this."
    Original Post:
    inconsequential is the word of the day!

edited August 2008
    User: stawk

Message to User:
    You don't get to be a dick in H/A. The only reason this is a minor instead of a serious is because you're new.
    Original Post:
    3vil0n3 wrote: »
    the cheat wrote: »
    is your disc scratched at all?
    I did get it from the tards at gamestop so it was new but opened.

would help you but now you can go to hell.

User: the cheat

Message to User:
    I decided to do this instead of two or three minors. The next time you troll H/A, I don't care how many points you have, I'm going to ban you.
    Original Post:
    yes, you seriously don't need to tell them. what good could possibly come from this, i don't know... but if you don't hate them and you think it wouldn't bother them, then by all means.

edited August 2008
    User: Crashmo

Message to User:
    Don't post in spam threads/threadshit.
    Original Post:
    ssshhhhhhhh

Quick, follow me out the back slowly. It can't see us if we don't make any sudden movements.

User: tehcoolryan

Message to User:
    Don't feed the troll and/or don't post in spam threads.
    Original Post:
    kelley13f wrote: »
    wow you showed me sorry man still live at home huh

Yes I live in a house

User: Ultravisitor

Message to User:
    Image memes, posting in spam threads, threadshitting... you can choose what this is for.
    Original Post:
    th_YoureWinner.jpg

User: DarkPrimus

Message to User:
    Don't post in spam threads.
    Original Post:
    It's a spambot. Just report it.

User: TheCrumblyCracker

Message to User:
    Don't post in spam threads.
    Original Post:
    kelley13f wrote: »
    I was just bumming around the internet and found this indy company. spammer link . and if these guys on that site can pull off what it seems like they want it could be way cool. Well i just thought it was kinda cool so i would let you guys know.

Chris Kelley
    Lead Artist
    Plane: RF-4N Phantom II
    Callsign: "Fortune and Glory"

Sup Fortune.

edited August 2008
    Post: [D&D 4e Discussion] Creating a new thread is a standard action
    User: delroland

Message to User:
    Passive/aggressive sniping is being an asshole. If you think his post is assholish, report it, don't reply to it with bitchiness.
    Original Post:
    delroland wrote: »
    Leemo wrote: »
    So, please, stop joining in.

If you want to have a private discussion, use PM's.

Thank you for showcasing my point with my previous commentary on your posts. It's nice that you vindicate me so well.

I'm not really sure what kind of reply you're looking for with a comment like that.
    I don't think "you don't have to put it in your game" is the solution to every problem.

I do. I'd rather have the option to choose as the DM whether or not to include something "overpowered" in my game than have WotC say, "You know what, those four guys over there think it's overpowered. Let's take it out!"

Post: [D&D 4e Discussion] Creating a new thread is a standard action
    User: KrataLightblade

Message to User:
    I'm curious as to what in my history would make you think that when I say "stop being assholes, or I'll start throwing cards," I don't actually mean it...?
    Original Post:
    delroland wrote: »
    Leemo wrote: »
    So, please, stop joining in.

If you want to have a private discussion, use PM's.

Thank you for showcasing my point with my previous commentary on your posts. It's nice that you vindicate me so well.

Truthfully, I'm not happy with the item either, and for the same reasons. It seems a bit unnecessary to me, to include items that require nothing from you, provide you with an effect that does something very, very useful. Essentially, you gain, once per encounter, something it typically takes you multiple encounters without an Extended Rest to get... a free action point.

Worse, it gives you an Action Point you can spend not only in the same encounter, but unless I've missed something the same TURN as your other normal AP that encounter. It being an Epic tier item is a consideration, but I still don't feel that a Wizard., for example, should be allowed to, on top of every OTHER item he can acquire, blow three daily powers in a single round. That's more than enough damage to seriously weaken the entire enemy contingent, and at Epic tier he gains access to feat that allows him to exclude his party members from the effects! This synergy, along with the "bonuses from APS" you can get from Warlords, PPs, etc, means that an extra AP spent in an encounter can be some pretty insane smackdown laid down.

I admit I'm not precisely an expert on the numbers. I don't like overanalyzing my games. I don't like feeling like I have to. however, I look at this item and I think it's utterly ridiculous.

And when I'm looking at an item and the first thought in my head is "that really shouldn't be allowed", and there aren't any arguements to the contrary other than "fuck you I want it", well, then, that's usually a good sign to me that my instincts were right.

I don't think "you don't have to put it in your game" is the solution to every problem. Because some of us don't play freaking tabletop, and some of us have to deal with players who're allowed to use anything in any splatbook they can find, and some of us have to accept that our DMs aren't always in agreement with us on what should and shouldn't be allowed.

Every step we take away from making 4e's math work internally, is a step we take towards making D&D 4.5 just as bad as 3.5 got to be. And hell, I've already got enough reasons to avoid 90% of all D&D games, I don't need more.

edited September 2008
    User: To Slip Away

Message to User:
    I'd give some pithy advice in here, but really, this is going to ban you for two weeks, and the next one is going to perma-ban you, so I'm not going to worry about it.
    Original Post:
    Goddamn I hate hemorrhoids. It feels like there is a damn Lego brick stuck in my ass.

Any advice on how to relieve the discomfort? Preparation H didn't do shit, just made it sting. Sitz baths don't do shit either. WebMD is little to no help. It basically just says "don't poop so hard."

Help, please!
    Yea stop getting butt fucked, then your ass won't hurt.

User: To Slip Away

Message to User:
    Being a douche.
    Original Post:
    The millitary is for faggots who want to go and die.

edited September 2008
    User: Captain Vash

Message to User:
    There are no exceptions to the "no software piracy" rule.
    Original Post:
    At the risk of upsetting the moderators...
    Pirate the game to see if it will run and if it does go out and buy it?

Not that I advocate piracy, but if it's purely as a "test run", and you do end up buying the game, then this would be piracy advancing the cause of the producer, which is ironic and amazing if you ask me.

edited September 2008
    User: joshofalltrades

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    Yeah, don't be a dick, kay?
    Original Post:
    More funny games: Monkey Island (any of them), Psychonauts, and The Neverhood.

But are you sure you're in the right place?

edited September 2008
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    User: Dunadan019

Message to User:
    How is it you think this is okay?
    Original Post:
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    im kinda surprised that we can be in a "poor economic state" and people can still donate to political campaigns....

shouldn't you be saving or spending or.... getting something for your money?

Some of us think the $50 investment now will pay off down the road by preventing future unnecessary wars and restoring economic balance.

the rest of us think that 50 bucks means nothing to a multi million dollar campaign where all the extra money gets you is an extra attack add.

but maybe you should pay 50 bucks for a political ad

You don't have any idea how Obama's campaign raises money, do you?

i know how he spends it.

(and yes i know how he raises money, he uses magical fairies to bake cookies and then sells them to columbians)

I make tweet.
    edited October 2008
    User: Legba

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    Infracted after lock.
    Original Post:
    IBL.

edited October 2008
    User: robothero

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    I see what you did wrong there. Do you?
    Original Post:
    Dis, at this point you're a broken record who refuses to leave the post-20 xp alone.

Guess what: I'm 35 and have had no problem non-solo questing, solo questing and getting XP in general post 20. But then again, I'm not an inept social mongoloid who has trouble finding other people to play with because all I do is complain.

It feels nothing like AoC.

edited October 2008
    User: Scalfin

Message to User:
    You're asking how to do things that are amoral, illegal, and also specifically and explicitly banned by the rules (aside from the rule banning talking about illegal stuff). I'm giving you a ban as well, to give you time to think about why this was a terrible idea.
    Original Post:
    So I was going to go to this big yearly party, but headed out a little early, so I got to the general area before anybody else (that I could see). While I was just heading down after poking around, looking for some indication of where the party was (it seems that the organizers themselves were a little late as I saw neither guiding glow sticks nor tent), a campus police car appeared and went into the woods where I'd just checked (the trail was big enough). Okay, I thought, he's not going to find anything and now I know I'm at the right place. So I head down and see a crowd approaching, more proof that I'd gotten it right. So I'm approaching the crowd to see if they knew where ground zero was, when first I notice that the car had turned around to go back onto what could be considered road, then, when I'm almost to the group, a second car showed up and went to join the first.
    I get to the group and the other groups right behind it and start heading back up, when yet a third car shows up and, as I soon learn, joined the other two in a little checkpoint to tell people to go away. The faster people get up there and, around the time the fourth car shows, reports back that they're making sure nobody goes past. So we go back down to the base of the hill and try to figure out what the plan is. On the way down a fifth car shows up, and while we try to get in contact with the guy in charge (I was with one of the lingering groups, others were trying to find alternate routs or parties) a sixth car and then an SUV joined the contingent.
    So we finally go to check with a small group we see up in a different area, to learn from them that not only did they have campus-cops on the roofs of nearby buildings, but there were also cops hiding in the woods, waiting to see a flashlight or hear steps (the ground was rocky and gravely, so that wasn't hard), at which point the guy would turn on a huge flashlight/hand-held spotlight on the people and tell them to not even bother. They'd set up a fucking blockade large enough to require every campus cop and the deployment of the national guard!

We think that somebody snitched, as this was using the invite only facebook protocol.

So now some other students and I are planning a way to retaliate: do the same party runup, but have it be fake. I'm thinking that we might even put in a fake snitch (public phone?) just to be sure. Our plans include putting out some sixpacks with pretty ribbons on them, putting some smoke bombs (which someone in the party crowd told me weren't hard to make after I joked that we should make up some smokebombs and rush the blockade), possibly set off via remote control from a place that can see the site by binoculars (how do they do it with IEDs?), some fireworks in the surrounding area (the other headperson is heading up to New Hampshire in the near future), and perhaps have a person waiting at each accessway for the last of the cars to arrive before putting out caltrops or spike strips across the roads to make sure that the cars can't leave once they figure out what's going on. We're also planning to have real floor parties anywhere we can find a permissive CA at the same time.

Advice on what we can get away with, what we should do beyond what I've outlined and how to do what is outlined and what isn't, and general purpose tips would be greatly appreciated, as would info on any contacts you guys might have with MIT students interested in collaborating in a big Brandeis hack.

I want this to be big.Not just added to the wikipedia page alongside the Malcolm X University occupation big, or talking about it for years big, but copycats on campuses nationwide or even internationally big. I want campus police to know that just because they've been assigned guns after VTech doesn't mean they can go on a power trip and shut down campus life.

User: Bewildered_Ronin

Message to User:
    While it was good of you to tell him not to do the terrorist-lite shit, advising him to be a nuisance to campus security is not something we allow in H/A.
    Original Post:
    If the campus police are doing something they should not, report them. However, that doesn't seem to be the case. Do not vandalize their property or use incendiary devices that may cause an escalated response. This entire idea of "getting back" at them for doing their job is stupid. They don't do this because they're petty asswipes on a power trip, even if that is what a lot of people think. They do this because it's their job and whether they like it or not they have to do it. Also, most campus cops are granted the same rights and regulations as REAL POLICE. It's not like a mall security guard. Your idea of rushing them is beyond idiotic, unless you like being hit, restrained and charged with Assault of A Police Officer amongst other potential charges.

If you want to prank them and show that it's pointless to break up parties like this, then making up fake parties and publicly promoting them is the best way. Promote the same fake party as taking place at dozens and dozens of places. It will show them that they can't rely on that source of intel as valid anymore. Or y'know, you could have a party in an actual house or apartment and avoid this entirely stupid problem to begin with. Partying in an open/public place is just asking for trouble. Especially more so if it is a big party.

User: jasonlester

Message to User:
    Advising people on how to be a nuisance in H/A is against the rules.
    Original Post:
    Just organize a fake party, get someone to report it. Keep doing that. That's what I'd probably do.

User: Hevach

Message to User:
    While it was good of you to tell him not to do the terrorist-lite shit, advising him to be a nuisance to campus security is not something we allow in H/A.
    Original Post:
    And if it's anything like mine, they may not be real cops (ours are "Public Safety Officers"), but they are authorized to give legally binding fines and detain people for arrest by the city police, and any charge they bring is as good as if it were brought by the city police as far as the prosecutor and court is concerned - effectively inside the campus boundaries, they are cops. They also might have greater authority in some situations, as they're also upholding campus regulations which may be more restrictive than the law (on a dry campus, they can seize alcohol from students over 21, for example, and there may be an implied consent clause to cover searches on campus).

If it'll get you in trouble with the real cops, don't pull it with campus police. The chief of our campus police was also an ex-cop who'd lost his badge for how he handled suspects - just as authorized and with a history of overstepping his authority. You messed with him and the people he trained at your own peril.

Setting up a fake party is one thing. Don't lay prank traps or make it obvious it was a trick, just let the campus cops be the only ones to show up at the party. Smoke bombs are incendiary, and even if you can hold one in your hand safely, some laws don't make a distinction between a match a lit stick of dynamite, around law enforcement officers doubly so. Caltrops to damage their vehicles is a very serious crime as well.

If you want to embarrass them, have a small gathering (2-4 people at most, so as not to attract attention) and discreetly catch them wasting time on camera. Let them waste resources chasing false reports and maybe they'll stop listening to them so much.

Don't be the one to narc the party, either. Making a false complaint is actionable in some states, and while it's unlikely action will be taken (with nobody to arrest and no party to crash, the complaint may not be actionable at all - laws vary a lot on this, you can try looking it up or just hope for the best), you're already talking about multiple charges, something little like this can be tacked on and the judge won't even notice.

Embarrassing the campus cops is a good way to ensure they'll step up efforts to break up parties, not convince them to ease up. Going through with your plan as you write sounds like multiple serious crimes, including assaulting officers and damaging police vehicles. I'm pretty sure these are both felonies. Add this after an incident likely to have included underage drinking among other related violations, and you're just asking for a crackdown on just about any sort of fun.

• ElkiElki GOBS OF PUKE!!! YES!!!!!!!Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2008
    User: wwtMask

Administrative Note:
    Screw in-thread warnings

Message to User:
    Hello. You have been selected to join Stay on Topic & Knock it off With All the Tangents, the new game sweeping D&D. The rules are simple: stay on-topic, or gain two points. At 6 points you are temporarily eliminated, and at 8 YOU LOSE!

Best of luck, Contestant.
    Original Post:
    Yeah, my problem is with the party as a whole. I do have to ask, though, how anyone can stand being in a party that will play up to racists and homophobes and xenophobes. This is a fundamental difference between me and people like DeaconBlues, who can apparently tolerate standing shoulder to shoulder with people who hate him for being black, just as long as he gets his tax cuts. I kid you not, if Hillary had gotten the Democratic nomination, I was seriously considering dropping my party affiliation, because to me it would've represented the absolute worst of the Democratic party gaining control of the party. Pandering to the racists and xenophobes in our party is what really turned me off about Hillary's candidacy.

User: Dunadan019

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    Hello. You have been selected to join Stay on Topic & Knock it off With All the Tangents, the new game sweeping D&D. The rules are simple: stay on-topic, or gain two points. At 6 points you are temporarily eliminated, and at 8 YOU LOSE!

Original Post:
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Yeah, my problem is with the party as a whole. I do have to ask, though, how anyone can stand being in a party that will play up to racists and homophobes and xenophobes. This is a fundamental difference between me and people like DeaconBlues, who can apparently tolerate standing shoulder to shoulder with people who hate him for being black, just as long as he gets his tax cuts. I kid you not, if Hillary had gotten the Democratic nomination, I was seriously considering dropping my party affiliation, because to me it would've represented the absolute worst of the Democratic party gaining control of the party. Pandering to the racists and xenophobes in our party is what really turned me off about Hillary's candidacy.

i dont consider having the same political view as someone else a vindication of their other ideals or even their reasons behind that view. other people can believe what ever they want.

if i said i hate the democrats (which i dont) for standing shoulder to shoulder with criminals, illegal immigrants and scientologists i think you would find it a little irrational as well.

stop judging the political philosophy based on the other ideals of the crazies who adopt it.

User: PantsB

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Original Post:
    noweat wrote: »

The Republican party has been the party of intolerance since before I was born. I'm not optimistic it will suddenly make an about face and stop tolerating, fomenting, and capitalizing on the intolerant. So long as this remains so, I stand by what I said. Also, lack of progressive values and elevating the rich and powerful over the poor and powerless.

you're going to run into intolerance/ignorance wherever you go... that doesn't mean you need to accept it but that also does not imply the republican party is full of a-holes either. as it stands i've been a registered repub since i could vote, since i identified with the core ideals the the party represented. that being said i've yet to vote for a republican presidential nominee...

if you say you'll never be a part of this party as long as the current leadership keeps heading down the retarded path, well that's completely valid. other parties have the same issues to similiar degrees you know, it's not like the whole party is made of sheep that will vote how just because.

a lot of people are capable of exercising good judgment, even republicans.

There have been three two-term Republican Presidents in the last 45 years. Every one of them has been bad.

Nixon was a traitor who built the Southern Strategy so that racist Southern whites would vote against the party of desegregation and Civil Rights (the Ds). He used the federal government to punish opponents and pervert the political process.

Reagan was a traitor who was less overt in his racist campaigning but still gladly took advantage of it (after all he opposed the Voting Rights Act and much of the Civil Rights movement in the 60s). He aided and abetted the enemies of the United States in direct violation of US law and brought to prominence religious zealots that still fan the fires of intolerance from places of power today.

And then there's W.

That ignores Thurmond, Lott, Helms, Delay, North, Rove, Cheney, McCarthy and many others. They are the bad guys.

User: noweat

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Original Post:

The Republican party has been the party of intolerance since before I was born. I'm not optimistic it will suddenly make an about face and stop tolerating, fomenting, and capitalizing on the intolerant. So long as this remains so, I stand by what I said. Also, lack of progressive values and elevating the rich and powerful over the poor and powerless.

you're going to run into intolerance/ignorance wherever you go... that doesn't mean you need to accept it but that also does not imply the republican party is full of a-holes either. as it stands i've been a registered repub since i could vote, since i identified with the core ideals the the party represented. that being said i've yet to vote for a republican presidential nominee...

if you say you'll never be a part of this party as long as the current leadership keeps heading down the retarded path, well that's completely valid. other parties have the same issues to similiar degrees you know, it's not like the whole party is made of sheep that will vote how just because.

a lot of people are capable of exercising good judgment, even republicans.

User: Dagrabbit

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Original Post:
    Here's how I compare the parties:

It’s like killing kittens. To me it doesn’t matter if someone has killed three kittens and another six kittens, they’re both killing kittens. If we’re talking about 3 kittens vs. 100 kittens, then the delta can matter more, but that is rarely the case. Think of it like this:

0-1 kittens – Okay that one was probably a fluke. (Trustworthy)
    1-10 kittens – This person kills kittens! (Untrustworthy)
    11-50 kittens– This person kills a lot of kittens (Liar)
    50+ kittens - I wouldn’t trust this person to hand me the ketchup, let alone stop killing kittens (Pathological Liar)

Within each level, the deltas don’t matter much because they’re both in the same ballpark. But if two candidates are on different levels, then the delta can matter. Generally speaking, both parties, for me, are in the same range. At various times one is worse than the other, but in general they're close enough that I don't see a value in trying to make a distinction.

User: Rust

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Original Post:
    Sheep wrote: »
    Rust wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    I dislike both parties equally because they both do shitty things.

Then you aren't paying enough attention. Charles Manson and you both do shitty things (did you call your mother yesterday? Think mean things about your boss/coworker?) so I guess you should be disliked just as much as Charles Manson.
    Spoiler:

Brainwashing and murder = Not calling my mother?

The way you put it, yes. It's an inherently absurd statement, but attach it to a rider like "they are equal because they do bad things" and it gains a whiff of legitimacy.

Moral equivocation is an utterly toxic line of thought, and should be avoided whenever possible.

I think you can use a modicum of common sense here.

The Democratic Party isn't somehow "better" than the Republicans because Racism isn't on their checklist of shit they've done to fuck someone over.

Mmmyeah, they are. The Democrats have the moral upper ground at the moment because, by and large, they don't deliberately pander to the absolute worst urges of their base, whereas that strategy is being writ large in the Republican party at the moment.

You can argue that they're both tainted by bureaucracy and corruption and that's due to the whole poisoned system of Washington politics (and possibly take that one step further into third-party or DOWN WITH THE MAN hokum like some do, though you specifically aren't), but even in a situation like that, differences are still present. The Democratic platforms are mostly genuine reforms at the moment, while those of the Republicans are momentary panaceas designed to sate yet another short-sighed instinctual rationale (like the relentless "free market" economic policies) of their base.

User: Qingu

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Original Post:
    Dagrabbit wrote: »
    Here's how I compare the parties:

It’s like killing kittens. To me it doesn’t matter if someone has killed three kittens and another six kittens, they’re both killing kittens. If we’re talking about 3 kittens vs. 100 kittens, then the delta can matter more, but that is rarely the case. Think of it like this:

0-1 kittens – Okay that one was probably a fluke. (Trustworthy)
    1-10 kittens – This person kills kittens! (Untrustworthy)
    11-50 kittens– This person kills a lot of kittens (Liar)
    50+ kittens - I wouldn’t trust this person to hand me the ketchup, let alone stop killing kittens (Pathological Liar)

Within each level, the deltas don’t matter much because they’re both in the same ballpark. But if two candidates are on different levels, then the delta can matter. Generally speaking, both parties, for me, are in the same range. At various times one is worse than the other, but in general they're close enough that I don't see a value in trying to make a distinction.
    Bullshit. The Democratic party has been on the right side of the issues for at least a quarter of a century. The Democratic party has not used anything analogous to the southern strategy that catapulted Nixon to power and continues to bolster Republican candidates today.

One side is better than the other. And I view tirades like this as an excuse to do nothing. Are you even voting?

User: necroSYS

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Original Post:
    Preacher wrote: »
    Qingu wrote: »
    Derrick wrote: »
    Different issues. With the Catholic thing people feared the Pope would have a hand in government.

With Mormons, well people think Mormons are crazy and their belief structure is stupid. That's a higher hurdle in my opinion.
    I would like to see a Mormon nominee, if nothing else because it would force at least some Christians to confront the fact that their religion is actually just as stupid as Mormonism.

Hey fuck that, Mormons are worse then christians in every aspect. Utah alone motherfucker.

Man, what. First, Mormons are Christians. Second, they're no worse than the bible-thumping Baptists and evangelicals infesting the South. Third, if I was going to take exception to any specific flavor of Christians, it would be the ones that want to brand it and sell it to niche markets, so you get things like Extreme Weightlifter Jesus, Raghead-hater Warrior Jesus, Lord of the House Jesus, etc.

User: SithDrummer

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Original Post:
    Why can't you be gay and Republican? I'm a conservative and a Republican and I don't see how they contradict each other. I don't think the government has any business defining culture. That's a stable for traditional conservatism. Seems like a gay man would want the government to not define how he should live his life.
    I'm genuinely curious about this. You don't think the current Republican party has expressed an interest in defining, limiting, or continuing to limit certain aspects of gay peoples' lives? Bear in mind that the Religious Right isn't some fringe group, some barnacle merely clinging to the GOP - it's a major, major arm of its supporters and its leadership.

edited October 2008
    User: powerss

Message to User:
    Hey, he was trying to be helpful. Don't be such a fucking dick.
    Original Post:
    Um, I asked for a wiki. Thanks for recommending an inelastic shitty microsoft product though!

edited October 2008
    User: Tyler the Great

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    Time for you to put a sock in it.
    Original Post:
    elkatas wrote: »
    Except when its objective fact...like this case.

How it is fact in this case? Because you say so?

Yes.

edited October 2008
    Eight people got these, they were identical infractions, and I'm not going to post them all here:

User: Wildcat

Message to User:
    This is not a chat thread.
    Original Post:
    No! Ishmilla

edited October 2008
    User: Blurg

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    I suggest you review the rules, and lurk for awhile before doing any more posting in Help/Advice.
    Original Post:
    well, I know Id just hit the ass-hole. but Im a dude..

User: PirateJon

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    You need to chill the fuck out.
    Original Post:
    MakerShot wrote:
    Apologist nothing. This is America, where people are innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
    This isn't a criminal trial dimwit.

She's "being followed by a suspicious person" by any rational definition of the phrase. When "being followed by a suspicious person" you should seek out law enforcement and let THEM figure out if he's dangerous or not. And in fact, something about the guy was off or alarming enough for her not to approach him and for her to seek help.

Now you are telling her to ignore her better judgment and confront him. Why?

Vivixenne wrote:
    Going straight to the cops without confrontation will likely result in the cops wanting to know why you didn't just tell him to leave you alone. And if the cops take any action against him without prior notice from you that you want him to leave you alone, it could lead to escalation.

So going to the cops will do nothing except get her killed? That's just fucked up. What the hell is wrong with you?

User: kaliyama

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    Implying that people are stalkers because they don't agree with your advice is not okay.
    Original Post:
    PirateJon wrote: »
    Hobbit0815 wrote: »
    I agree with Quid x2.

For all you know, he might like you, and is an incredibly nerd who has no idea what to do about it..
    STOP IT.

WTF is wrong with all you people that give this behavior a pass due to hypothetical bullshit about the bad guy? It isn't normal, it's not ok, and she has no obligation to put up with his shit. At all. His reasons never enter into this, and aren't important. She doesn't 'have' to speak with him anymore than she has to speak to anyone, ever. So please stop with this.

And really, so the fuck what if he is harmless? "BUT I HAZ A CRUSH" is not an excuse to act like a creepy fucker and follow people around. You don't want to be perceived as a creepy fucker, don't ACT like a creepy fucker.

OP - Campus cops. Now. This guy could be a well known stalker or he might not even be a student. Trust your gut here. You KNOW something isn't quite right and you don't feel comfortable confronting him because you haven't done so yet.

This. Seriously. The amount of stalker apologists in this thread is alarming.

I really don't understand it. Did the apologists do things like this? I can't imagine so

edited October 2008
    I threw, like, six or seven of these in the Awesome Posts forum. I guess I wasn't clear enough in the OP of the rules thread, which says "That whole cross-forum trolling bullshit thing some of you are doing? Yeah, don't do that."

Post: Games and Technology: AWESOME POST in "System Shock 2 is a complete rip off of Bioshock!", by Lord Jezo
    User: sdrawkcaB emaN

Message to User:
    Knock it off with this forum rivalry bullshit.
    Original Post:
    who the fuck is rating this five stars

it's clearly a joke and it is a tired, unfunny joke

why must G&T and D&D report nothing but putrid anti-comedy

edited October 2008
    Three more of these:

User: Quoth

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    This is not a chat thread.
    Original Post:
    are you saying orks live in Ontario

because i am calling your bluff sir

edited November 2008
    User: Cliff

Message to User:
    This is not helpful.
    Original Post:
    Dude, no. You are not the center of the universe. We all have our own lives to live. Society is not constructed to serve your personal needs. Get the fuck over yourself you egomaniacal, mysogonist dipshit.

You know why women won't date you? They have the good sense to not get involved with you and risk spawning more gutter fucks like you.

Advice: Get some perspective, get some hobbies, grow the fuck up, and please, please stay away from dating. We really can't risk you breeding.

This may be a bit over the top, but seriously, this guy needs a reality check

User: CheBourgeoisNoir

Message to User:
    Saying "go fuck yourself" isn't appropriate in H/A, and if you'd been lurking here as long as you say you have been, you'd know that.
    Original Post:
    I've never posted in response to a H/A thread before in the three or so years I've been lurking here, but I just wanted to put my two cents out there in this case. I've been where OP is and I've since moved past it - Eventually you just run into somebody and all's well from there. I'm engaged to a great girl now, complete happenstance how we met, but she's my best friend and totally cool. There's really nothing more to say than when you're locked in a path like OP is now, you just ride it out till luck throws you a bone. You can't change thoughts like that yourself yourself.

To Cat and Cliff, go fuck yourself. Issues like these are prettymuch directly tied to anxiety and inferiority issues with people in general, and it just hurts a lot more since it also overlaps onto another big portion of life in the case of romance. It dosen't make such a viewpoint right, but well, people aren't born with those kinds of beliefs - they are made. OP or anybody else like this aren't bad people, and you trivialize their problems when you say shit like that, along with really reminding me of why I went down that path in the first place.

User: The Cat

Message to User:
    Report shit like this, don't feed into it.
    Original Post:
    I've never posted in response to a H/A thread before in the three or so years I've been lurking here, but I just wanted to put my two cents out there in this case. I've been where OP is and I've since moved past it - Eventually you just run into somebody and all's well from there. I'm engaged to a great girl now, complete happenstance how we met, but she's my best friend and totally cool. There's really nothing more to say than when you're locked in a path like OP is now, you just ride it out till luck throws you a bone. You can't change thoughts like that yourself yourself.

To Cat and Cliff, go fuck yourself. Issues like these are prettymuch directly tied to anxiety and inferiority issues with people in general, and it just hurts a lot more since it also overlaps onto another big portion of life in the case of romance. It dosen't make such a viewpoint right, but well, people aren't born with those kinds of beliefs - they are made. OP or anybody else like this aren't bad people, and you trivialize their problems when you say shit like that, along with really reminding me of why I went down that path in the first place.

No no, fuck you. I'm in the situation that the OP is in, pretty much, and I don't come in here whining about how men are shithouse and only useful for opening jars and mowing the lawn. OP thinks he's owed affection because of how he is, or that he can somehow gain enough points to level-up to a relationship. This is not how life works. He should be thoroughly disgusted with his immaturity and his contempt for other people. I sure as hell am.

And he can do his own fucking housework, too.

User: Tam

Message to User:
    If you feel a post is inappropriate, use the Report button, not the Reply button.
    Original Post:

Shut the fuck up, asshat. No-one gets to be a misogynist because they got rejected and feel like being a self absorbed whiny little bitch.

User: zerg rush

Message to User:
    Just because you ask him to PM you instead of actually posting the PUA bullshit you're trying to sell doesn't make it okay. Believe it or not, we're not completely retarded.
    Original Post:
    You want to get better at getting women, then there are communities that will help you do that. I doubt you'll see any sort of help here, judging from the responses so far. Tons of guys find themselves in their 20s, with only ever having had a handful of girls, and they want more out of their sex lives. It's 100% normal and it's something that you have the power to change. If you follow the resources, you will have abundance with women. I can attest to it personally.

I should mention that your misogyny is a common thing, but it is also something which you need to let go. Not because of some "women are special flowers" bullshit, but because hating women will TANK your interactions with the opposite sex. Learning to be good with women is a skill and like learning any skill it takes hard work, dedication, practice, and pain to get better; it isn't a cake walk. It isn't something where you just find that magic line that makes panties wet, but instead it's about transforming yourself into an attractive person that girls want to be with.

Send me a PM and I will link you to resources to help start your journey, should you be interested.

• ElkiElki GOBS OF PUKE!!! YES!!!!!!!Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008
    Just one infraction to report. I'm no monster.

User: AngelHedgie

Message to User:
    In a thread most vile, necro-posting shall not go unpunished.
    Original Post:
    I know that I'm really digging up the dead here, but I just had to post this.

edited November 2008
    User: tsmvengy

Message to User:
    Keep your blasphemy and questionable taste out of my forum, sir.
    Original Post:
    Archgarth wrote: »
    So. Die Hard. Great christmas movie or Greatest Christmas Movie?
    Spoiler:

Mike's best Christmas movies (pulling from Wikipedia):
    Spoiler:

Best "Christmas" movies: Batman Returns, Die Hard

List fails for no mention of "A Christmas Story." No holiday is complete without a mention of "You'll shoot your eye out!"

A Christmas Story is one of the worst movies ever. Ever.

I make tweet.
    edited December 2008
    User: MirrorsEdge08

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    Welcome to the internet. Around here we like the use of grammar and punctuation, not to mention not writing in all caps.

Maybe you should fix that before you get ridiculed off the forums and go cry in a corner.
    Original Post:
    RESISTANCE PLAYERS IF YOU CAN TAKE ME ON I WILL BE ON NEXT THURS AT 4 P.M.

NOW DIE

edited December 2008
    Post: Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena and Vin Diesel Discussion [NEW TRAILER]
    User: SkutSkut

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    Original Post:
    Tagging

edited December 2008
    User: jeckyjil
    Infraction: Spamming

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    Bicycle Pump
    Original Post:
    Dust Catcher

edited December 2008
    Post: Debate and Discourse: INFRACTION -- Serious offense -- osietra
    User: Echo

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    Incorrect use of the term rimshot
    Original Post:
    *incorrect use of rimshot*

edited December 2008
    I infracted a shitload of people in CF for threadshitting.

edited January 2009
    Post: There's a girl I like pregnant with someone else's kid. Advice?
    User: Doc

Message to User:
    Baby, why you gotta make me hit you?
    Original Post:
    also it is a pretty good time right now to get someone to be economically dependent on you. if that happens you can basically tell her to do anything and she has to do it.

it would be like having a personal employee who cant leave and you only have to pay for their living expenses

edited February 2009
    User: Derigor

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    GEE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS GUY IS TALKING ABOUT

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA WHAT THIS GUY IS TALKING ABOUT
    Original Post:
    when you get the CE dont rip that movie for me so I can not download it and watch it.

If you want to not torrent it, that would be great.

edited March 2009
    User: Genji Gloves

Administrative Note:

Message to User:
    YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME
    Original Post:
    TO MODS: ban me you fucking faggots.

This discussion has been closed.