As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Walking Dead] Finally - the wife is hooked.

• Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    yeah, the first half hour or so was pretty good. And that whole exchange between Dale and whatsherface.

But, man, I hate that this show throws a major plot twist at the end of an episode, without actually resolving the main problem of the episode. That's some Lost type shit right there.

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    FYI Lost was awful

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    i still enjoy the show

it's just

there's some dumb fucking shit in here (i know, i know. zombies! suspension of disbelief!) but i was a big fan of the comics of the ones i read up to...30? 40 something? i can't remember now but yeah there is some pretty awful dialogue and shit

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    The opening monologue was all kinds of painful to listen to

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    So, episode two ...
    I found the opening scene to be rather touching.
    Lot's of dialogue this time around, not much action.
    Why do they (Andrea) still scream like it's the first time they've encountered a zombie whenever they (she) gets attacked?

Shane's rescue mission was all sorts of poorly planned:

Wouldn't a diversion on the other side of the school have pulled all the walkers away from the trailer?
    Couldn't they have hotwired a vehicle and driven right up to the trailer door (have we seen WD zombies break windows yet)?
    Why didn't they take any flares into the trailer with them?
    Wouldn't getting chased around the school leave the other side clear enough for an escape (since they're now inside)?

kingworks on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    kingworks wrote:
    So, episode two ...
    Why do they (Andrea) still scream like it's the first time they've encountered a zombie whenever they (she) gets attacked?

Wouldn't a diversion on the other side of the school have pulled all the walkers away from the trailer?
    Couldn't they have hotwired a vehicle and driven right up to the trailer door (have we seen WD zombies break windows yet)?
    Wouldn't getting chased around the school leave the other side clear enough for an escape (since they're now inside)?

In a show that involves dead people coming back to life and devouring the living, I agree that the most improbable part is that the random Southern good ol' boy bumpkin police officer isn't a strategic genius. Why didn't you think this thru like kingworks did, Shane?

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Darryls my new favorite.

And Rick trying to be the hero all the time is just making him look like a dumbass.

• Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    kingworks wrote:
    So, episode two ...

In a show that involves dead people coming back to life and devouring the living, I agree that the most improbable part is that the random Southern good ol' boy bumpkin police officer isn't a strategic genius. Why didn't you think this thru like kingworks did, Shane?

Need something to talk about.

Darryl coulda dun' it hisself.

He's a redneck ninja.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I'm watching episode two now.

I think the little boy they got to play Carl is pretty good.

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    This show is basically about the never-ending series of poor decisions people are making at the worst of times. At least half the shit that happens is because everybody has abandoned rational thinking

Entertaining enough, though.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    Yeah that is the thing that gets me about shows like Curb also. Not that they are similar shows at all, but characters making insanely irrational decisions for absolutely no reason is frustrating to watch.

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    The reason may be they are surrounded by zombies and everyone they know is dead

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    BusterK wrote:

Do you know who made better decisions in a zombie apocalypse?

Shaun Riley. And his plan was to go to the pub, have a pint, and wait for the whole thing to blow over, so we're not talking a high standard here.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Yeah that is the thing that gets me about shows like Curb also. Not that they are similar shows at all, but characters making insanely irrational decisions for absolutely no reason is frustrating to watch.

Honestly, this is what I end up disliking about most shows in general.
    I get the reasons behind it, and sometimes it even is completely realistic, but after awhile/in a lot of cases it just feels like lazy writing to solve "How do I advance to plot point x?," which just makes it harder to accept when a character making a seemingly out of character choice that's actually justified.

Doesn't seem to bother many people I know, though.

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    BusterK wrote:

Shaun Riley. And his plan was to go to the pub, have a pint, and wait for the whole thing to blow over, so we're not talking a high standard here.

Shaun's plan had a 33% survival rate
    No one on the show has done that badly
    Yet

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    this was better than the first episode
    but jesus

so not good

• Options
    I'm halfway through the second episode and it is a lot better than the first one was.

Stop having dumb conversations, people though

come on

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    ApollohApolloh Registered User regular
    Just saw the first episode of the series.

I am intrigued.

smb3banner.png
    XBLGT:Banzeye SC2: Apollo.394
  • Options
    That one is really good.

It does not hold up to that standard, unfortunately.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    conversations still dumb

more at 11

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    ApollohApolloh Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote:
    That one is really good.

It does not hold up to that standard, unfortunately.

Well ain't that a howdyadoo

smb3banner.png
    XBLGT:Banzeye SC2: Apollo.394
  • Options
    Okay I just finished it.

I actually liked this episode.

Hooray. Lots of tension, and the things people did weren't completely stupid.
    Though having the deer stand there so carl could walk up to it and then get shot seems like really damn lazy writing

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Deer really like being used as plot devices. That's why it didn't run.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I was hoping it was going to just attack him viciously.

On that note, if you have a child, please do not encourage it to wander up to large wild animals.

Hobnail on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    yeah a deer will fucking kill you

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    A moose on the other hand.

Actually yeah a moose would fucking kill you as well.

Not that that really has any bearing on this conversation.

But they are big

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    BusterK wrote:
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    BusterK wrote:

Shaun's plan had a 33% survival rate
    No one on the show has done that badly
    Yet

50%.

3 survived, 3 dead, 1 undead. And that's at the conclusion of the crisis, when everyone is snug at home watching fundead on the telly.

For a zombie movie, that's pretty decent.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Darryl is my favorite.

Also, I always wanted an uruk-hai sword.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Artreus wrote:
    A moose on the other hand.

Actually yeah a moose would fucking kill you as well.

Not that that really has any bearing on this conversation.

But they are big

Basically anything that weighs as much as you do has the potential to fucking murder you. Good rule of thumb.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    moose are ginormous and territorial and they have huge blunt objects with spikes coming out of their head

don't fight them

• Options
    Plus wild animals are a lot meaner than humans. They'd have more heart in the fight, is what I mean.

• Options
    Langly wrote:
    moose are ginormous and territorial and they have huge blunt objects with spikes coming out of their head

don't fight them

Unless you are an insane badass.

In which case, well, you wouldn't be listening to nerds internet arguing when deciding what to do. You'd be karate bearfighting or similar.

• Options
    i assume you would have moves like this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRrjxG-J1VI

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Who was the third person who lived in Shaun of the dead? I only remember him and girlfriend

• Options
    I thought ol' fatty arbuckle there or whatever his name was lived too

• Options
    Hobnail wrote:
    I thought ol' fatty arbuckle there or whatever his name was lived too

Ed. Sort of. I mean he was a zombie, though, even if that didn't hurt quality of life.

Diane was the other one who made it. Bonus feature on the DVD mentions it. She and Shaun exchange Christmas cards.

• Options
    well diane was the mirror shaun, her whole group made it, because they weren't stupid

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    The other girl survives apparently. Hides up a tree and eats the asshole dude's leg.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Langly wrote:
    well diane was the mirror shaun, her whole group made it, because they weren't stupid

I think you're thinking of yvonne?

• Options
    Javen wrote:
    Langly wrote:

I think you're thinking of yvonne?

they seriously expect you to believe that the woman who ran into the crowd of zombies survived?