As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dark Souls/Demon's Souls "Sen's Fortress and the Temple of GODDAMMIT!"

• LorkLork Registered User regular
    The problem is that the next weapon I was planning on using was the dragon slayer spear, which is why I can't make it easy on myself by killing Ornstein first. I may have to use something else in between now and then though. Any recommendations given that my highest offensive stats are 24 STR and 22 DEX?

Steam Profile: Lork
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    can you post your full stats

Vitality: 22
    Attunement: 19
    Endurance: 36
    Strength: 24
    Dexterity: 22
    Resistance: 12
    Intelligence: 18
    Faith: 18

They're kind of spread out and not really optimized because this was my first character and I wanted to try a little bit of everything.

you might like the greatsword of artorias if you still have a sif's soul, it's made with the soul and +10 broken straight sword

another good option would be the silver knight's sword, upgrade it and then enchant it with charcoal and pine resins

I've actually got the greatsword of artorias already, I guess I could grind for the stats and then clear out the bottom of Sen's Fortress for the demon titanite. I'll try that, thanks.

• JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Gravelord sword or BKS might be decent options if you dont mind the slow attacks (Gravelord is much faster if that's an issue) and both do more base damage than most options if upgraded. Usually the poor scaling is cited as holding it back compared to other options but in your case that won't matter as much. The toxic on gravelords should come in handy too, but I've sever actually seen it do anything at all.

Hmm, I've already dumped one point into faith, but the idea of nothing having to do any more appeals to me. Gravelord it is.

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Is there a requirement to join the sunbros? I'm finally at the statue but doesn't give me the option to join.

Also os there a way to kill the skeletons other than the necros?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    you need 25 faith

the requirement is reduced by 5 for every boss you've killed as a summoned phantom

skeletons will be killed "permanently" by any weapon with divine rating, which you can see at the bottom of a weapon's stat page near the white circle

So yeah fuck the catacombs and tomb of the giants. Pinwheel was nothing but not being able to see and then having that cheap ass drop before the blacksmith is dumb as hell.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    So yeah fuck the catacombs and tomb of the giants. Pinwheel was nothing but not being able to see and then having that cheap ass drop before the blacksmith is dumb as hell.
    I never had a problem seeing in the Catacombs, the Tomb is obviously a different story.

if it's really bugging you, you can make a huge detour to lost izalith and get a hat that produces light

it's much better than giving up your shield for the lantern

Fuck yeah! After coming back with the gravelord sword, I took down O&S on my second try. Now the world is my oyster.
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    if it's really bugging you, you can make a huge detour to lost izalith and get a hat that produces light

it's much better than giving up your shield for the lantern
    It's not much consolation if your character doesn't have the 14 INT to cast it, but the light spell is the best way to get around there. You can get it from the girl in the darkroot basin.

Is anyone at level 97-118 with access to the four kings? I just can't get the DPS to take them down in time on my own and that stupid witch is useless.

• ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular

You shouldn't have trouble with seeing in the catacombs. You may want to check your brightness settings. I know that on my old TV, I had to bump up the brightness for Demon's Souls.

So yeah, Four Kings is basically 100% down to luck and is straight up the worst fight in the entire game. (except for maybe the hellkite drake but that doesn't count because you don't have to do it.)

• skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm at level, I want to say 114. But I'm at work until 9pm PST, so you might be able to get help before then.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    I cant even imagine trying to do it in NG+ with the huge nerf to Iron flesh.
    -Bed of Chaos is something I never want to do again as well..

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
    Oh I can see in the catacombs, but the drop down to the smith has got me killed a couple of times when it seems like I made it from exactly the same place the previous time.

Made good progress elsewhere though, manage to take down Seath, Priscilla, Firesage and the Stray demon. Also got my lightning spear to +5, upgraded most of my armour to max level and became a sunbro. Working on getting my int and faith to 20 now to use the greatsword of Astoria and all the miracles I've been collecting.

edited December 2011
    skyknyt wrote:
    I'm at level, I want to say 114. But I'm at work until 9pm PST, so you might be able to get help before then.
    You mean after then? That would be much appreciated. I'm through trying to do it with just me and the worthless NPC phantom.

edit: Absolutely fucking incredible. I finally found another human player to help me with four kings and right as I start attacking the first one, live decides to drop me for no reason. So glad I pay monthly for this shit.

Lork on
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Lork wrote:
    skyknyt wrote:
    You mean after then? That would be much appreciated. I'm through trying to do it with just me and the worthless NPC phantom.

edit: Absolutely fucking incredible. I finally found another human player to help me with four kings and right as I start attacking the first one, live decides to drop me for no reason. So glad I pay monthly for this shit.

err yes, after then. But Live eh? I'm PS3! Sorry about that =/

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
    I got invaded by a guy who took no damage.

• stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    I got invaded by a guy who took no damage.

On 360? The is no encryption on the save so people have been save hacking so that they have 0 health and cannot be killed.

yeah, I've heard about that

that was the first time it happened to me

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    If that 360 hacking becomes prominent I might have to eventually trade in my 360 copy for a PS3 one.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    the ps3 still has the same issues with lagstabs, though

• Inker2000Inker2000 Registered User regular
    so i'm almost through the game, just in the final area. looking through the art book, there's a big dude with an axe riding a boar, and i havent seen him in the game anywhere. is this an npc that i missed somewhere, or did this character get cut from the game?

it was cut

• KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    God damnit. Trying to farm slabs off those guys in New Londo. They don't exist. I'm sure of it. Have gotten more chunks than you can poke a stick at, no slabs though. I only need 3, but at this rate it might be easier to do NG+ and onwards to get my 3 lol.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
    Wish you could trade up to slabs.. even if it took 10 chunks to do it. I'd be ok with that.

ten chunks would make them pretty easy to get, though

supremely easy

I've got 45 chunks on me at the moment, still haven't seen a slab. I'm at max discovery. At this rate I'll be leaving chunks behind due to me being at 99. I've already upgraded my main non-twinkling armor to +9.

I guess there's no reason for me to worry about getting the slabs. Between all my chars I've gotten all the weapon trophies that need slabs. I just really want my elite knights +10 haha.

Turkey wrote:
    Man if they still offered a BC PA3 model of robably buy one and Demons Souls. If I ever do get a PS3 I'll damn sure buy DS with it.

Hmm.. what do people use to record playthroughs on PS3?

I'm getting to the point where I'm considering doing a speed run...

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Bed of Chaos Boss is really making think that Demons Souls is a much funner game at time....

I swear, this entire boss fight is just trial by error.

Bed of Chaos makes me want to cut myself. I'm yet to complete the fight in 1 life, after several attempts to do so. My last attempt took me 3 times, 1 life for each sphere you need to break and won on the 3rd life.

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Is the Red Drake killable at all? I can't get up to him,no matter how much I raise my fire resistance, he just one shot kills me.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Is the Red Drake killable at all? I can't get up to him,no matter how much I raise my fire resistance, he just one shot kills me.

He is. Don't run at him, you need to shoot him to get him to swoop along the bridge. Then you can quickly rush him and try to spank him before he breaths fire.

It took me a good ten goes. The problem is that his move set is a bit unpredictable, sometimes he'll get locked into uselessly pacing about with the odd melee attack that makes him killable, other times he'll just swoop about raining down fire and destruction on you.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited December 2011
    Man Solaire has a tragic ending.

Put a praise the sun down in the dingy tunnel in remembrance.

mere_immortal on
This discussion has been closed.