As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Occupy Everywhere

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    but i love his movies

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote:
    TheStig wrote:
    shit bag contractors should not be able to refer to themselves as "small business owners"

My dad is a contractor. Obviously we can no longer be friends.

Is he a shitbag though? Stig specifically said shitbags.

He'd have a card in his wallet from the Shit Bag Union.

• Options
    MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote:
    Matey wrote:
    SimBen wrote:
    Matey wrote:
    A real question

Has there ever been a revolution that hasn't been conducted through violence?

Oh hey, right here. Quebec freed itself of the catholic church in the 60s and it was all through completely peaceful protests.

Do you mind offering up a link on this?

I'm trying to find something on my own but not having much luck

Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiet_revolution

hmm very interesting stuff

thank you

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Matey wrote:
    SimBen wrote:
    Matey wrote:
    SimBen wrote:
    Matey wrote:
    A real question

Oh hey, right here. Quebec freed itself of the catholic church in the 60s and it was all through completely peaceful protests.

Thanks

thank you

You're welcome!

Also pay attention people. When people point to Canada and all our awesome socialized services and health care?

That right there is how we got it in the first place. We used to be like you.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MrMonroe wrote:
    Weaver wrote:
    On the new antisemitism angle the right is attacking OWS with

http://shelf3d.com/QlFKgOvF3Lk

Oh. Bill Kristol came up with it?

Why am I not fucking surprised at all.

I feel like this is the right place for: http://waldo.darkdata.org/news/04-07-08.shtml

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    TheStig wrote:
    shit bag contractors should not be able to refer to themselves as "small business owners"

My dad is a contractor. Obviously we can no longer be friends.

But is your dad a shit bag? He wasn't speaking of all contractors, I suspect. Only those that fit both categories.

Gah, Simbem! Occupy your face with this hammer.

Enc on
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    it's been covered

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    I'm on top of the shitbag business.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBen wrote:
    I'm on top of the shitbag business.

You are the 1%.

• Options
    Occupy the street in front of my apartment. Or possibly the office?

Street's pretty narrow though and there's a lot of cars around the office, be careful guys.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    Occupy SimBen's toilet, so that he cannot.

• Options
    Hey damn it I need that. You've gone too far, 99%. Officer, arrest them.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Occupy the Dennys down the street until they run out of all the good food and drinks and you have to order the dinner menu items that are terrible rather than delicious breakfast.

• Options
    Joke's on you, this is Canada, there is no Denny's!

Although there is a McDonald's, an Amir, a Pizza Pizza, an A&W, a Chez Cora Déjeuners, a Belle Province and a St-Hubert close to my place, so take your pick.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'm going to start selling occuPies and they are just going to be pies with a 1% sliver of it cut out.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    The 108-page report found that at least 18 specific current and former Fed board members were affiliated with banks and companies that received emergency loans from the Federal Reserve during the financial crisis.

http://sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/news/?id=70c40aba-736c-4716-97d1-45f1a1af10a0

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Federal judge tells police not to ticket Occupy protesters
    A federal judge on Tuesday told police temporarily to stop issuing tickets to Occupy Cincinnati demonstrators camping out in a city park, while the protesters’ lawyers and city leaders try to hammer out an agreement on issues in the protesters’ federal lawsuit against the city

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?NoCache=1&Dato=20111018&Kategori=NEWS0108&Lopenr=111018027

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    SimBen wrote:

Although there is a McDonald's, an Amir, a Pizza Pizza, an A&W, a Chez Cora Déjeuners, a Belle Province and a St-Hubert close to my place, so take your pick.

We shall eat all of the poutine and drink all the molsens and then were will you be at, hummmm?

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I didn't see Tim Hortons on that list.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Enc wrote:
    SimBen wrote:

We shall eat all of the poutine and drink all the molsens and then were will you be at, hummmm?

Still swimming in it because this is Canada.

The Molson brewery is literally 3 blocks from my place.

Wow you guys should come occupy, we could throw an awesome party now that I think about it.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote:
    Matey wrote:
    SimBen wrote:
    Matey wrote:
    SimBen wrote:
    Matey wrote:
    A real question

Thanks

thank you

You're welcome!

Also pay attention people. When people point to Canada and all our awesome socialized services and health care?

it seems like one of those "right place at the right time" kinda things

like it was certainly building up to that point prior to the revolution

but a lot of different coincidences occurred that favored the liberal movement

and everything fell into place after that

the idealist in me hopes things would go that well for us

but the realist in me sees that as the exception to the rule

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    There are totally Denny's in Canada.

Just not everywhere in Canada.

• Options
    Macro9 wrote:
    I didn't see Tim Hortons on that list.

Yeah it's the one conspicuously missing chain in my area. There is a Dunkin' Donuts in the same food court the A&W is at though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBen wrote:
    Enc wrote:
    SimBen wrote:

Wow you guys should come occupy, we could throw an awesome party now that I think about it.

Occupy the breweries. The revolution will not be sober.

We are the why yes I'll have another round.

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote:

Lies! I live in Calgary and there is a Denny's down the road from me!

• Options
    TheGerbil wrote:
    SimBen wrote:

Lies! I live in Calgary and there is a Denny's down the road from me!

Calgary is Real Canada (tm)

• Options
    Matey wrote:
    SimBen wrote:
    Matey wrote:
    SimBen wrote:
    Matey wrote:
    SimBen wrote:
    Matey wrote:
    A real question

Thanks

thank you

You're welcome!

it seems like one of those "right place at the right time" kinda things

like it was certainly building up to that point prior to the revolution

but a lot of different coincidences occurred that favored the liberal movement

and everything fell into place after that

the idealist in me hopes things would go that well for us

but the realist in me sees that as the exception to the rule

I guess the pressure was built up to the point where it was gonna burst anyway. The 60s were more or less a renaissance up here, after the post-war dark ages. 15 years of awful ultra-conservative policy ruling our society and cultural oppression (there were no francophone CEOs, and so very few francophone white-collars at all) that just burst as soon as our baby-boomers became old enough to protest.

Though you could draw strong parallels to the current situation in the US. Minus the whole cultural/language inequity part which could have only happened here.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Enc wrote:
    SimBen wrote:
    Enc wrote:
    SimBen wrote:

Why didn't this occur to us earlier, I ask?

• Options
    LTM wrote:
    Enc wrote:
    SimBen wrote:
    Enc wrote:
    SimBen wrote:

Why didn't this occur to us earlier, I ask?

Because most, non-microbrew American beer is terrible and most Americans don't understand the difference between an Ale or a Lager, much less good beer and bad.

• Options
    RderdallRderdall Registered User regular
    The deep-seeded theorist in me thinks that this is the beginning of the end of the world, and we will bring about our own end. Perhaps the Rapture doesn't signify the End in itself, but the beginning of the end. What if this 'Occupy' revolution gets so big that the government can't control it, and resorts to unleashing some chemical warfare and zombifies the whole world a la Resident Evil?

Has the world always been in a state of affairs like this, or am I just now old enough to understand the impact of things going on in the world?

steam_sig.png

Xbox Gamertag: GAMB1NO325Xi
  • Options
    Molson is okay but really there's also a bunch of amazing microbreweries in downtown Montreal that just beat the crap out of 'em.

I love this city.

sig.gif
  • Options
    But if we stop the flow of Budwesier, middle America will finally stand up and take notice.

• Options
    Rderdall wrote:
    The deep-seeded theorist in me thinks that this is the beginning of the end of the world, and we will bring about our own end. Perhaps the Rapture doesn't signify the End in itself, but the beginning of the end. What if this 'Occupy' revolution gets so big that the government can't control it, and resorts to unleashing some chemical warfare and zombifies the whole world a la Resident Evil?

Has the world always been in a state of affairs like this, or am I just now old enough to understand the impact of things going on in the world?

The world has always been terrible. The type of terrible changes with the seasons, though.

• Options
    Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    What is a Dennys

Like, I know it is a place of libations of some sort

But is it, like, a chain restaurant? A bar?

• Options
    edited October 2011
    LTM wrote:
    But if we stop the flow of Budwesier, middle America will finally stand up and take notice.

We've secretly replaced all of the American Heartland's pissbeers with Rogue: Dead Guy Ale. Lets see if they notice.
    /reasonable discourse ensues.

Also: Denny's is a vaguely 50s style American Diner that specializes in pancakes, burgers, bacon, etc. It's open 24 hours and there are usually a dozen in most large cities in the us and at least one in most small towns.

Notable for being open rather than being good.

Enc on
  • Options
    Rderdall wrote:

There have been social upheavals in other times and places where people shot each other dead. The world is still around.

The worst-case scenario here is that the protesters get bored and go home and nothing changes.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Rderdall wrote:

I think you've just now seen enough conspiracy movies to start thinking like this

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    What is a Dennys

Like, I know it is a place of libations of some sort

But is it, like, a chain restaurant? A bar?

Not a bar, sadly
    It's a diner-style chain restaurant

• Options
    Its like a White Spot, only with breakfast instead of cream puffs.

This discussion has been closed.