Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PAX EAST 2012 FAQ AND INFORMATION THREAD. (PLEASE ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

1202122232426»

Posts

  • stackboystackboy Registered User new member
    I just found out my pass was sent to me in Australia. Obviously I'm in the states now. Can I show up to will call with my registration detail and get it reissued to me, today or tomorrow?

    Any help appreciated, thanks.

  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    stackboy wrote: »
    I just found out my pass was sent to me in Australia. Obviously I'm in the states now. Can I show up to will call with my registration detail and get it reissued to me, today or tomorrow?

    Any help appreciated, thanks.


    you need to email pax_questions@paxsite.com right away

    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • WandererICOWandererICO Registered User
    In regards to Media, this is my first year attending with a meda badge and I have a couple of questions. First, where is the media room where the lockers are kept? Also in regards to the lockers, what is their approximate size and do we need to bring our own padlocks for them? I also assume if I want a locker I should secure it first thing friday morning? Thank you!

  • jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Registered User regular
    In regards to Media, this is my first year attending with a meda badge and I have a couple of questions. First, where is the media room where the lockers are kept? Also in regards to the lockers, what is their approximate size and do we need to bring our own padlocks for them? I also assume if I want a locker I should secure it first thing friday morning? Thank you!
    The media room is on site, but I don't want to say the room number here.

    You should email the media contact listed in the media packet that was sent to you for answers to all of your questions. I believe the lockers are for day use only, i.e. you should remove your stuff for the overnight. I don't know any of the other answers, but the media contact will know.

    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • savvyMatthewsavvyMatthew Registered User
    edited April 2012
    what is the earliest you can walk in the door at pax? I lokked and im getting 9 or 10 am.

  • ThreeveThreeve Registered User regular
    The actual expo hall will open at 10am. The flyer I got when I checked in to my hotel says you can line up inside the building starting at 8am.

  • TheJackalManTheJackalMan Registered User regular
    After recalling the other day that PAX' used to have DVDs of panels and the like come out after the shows I checked the penny-arcade store and found that there haven't been a set of PAX DVDs since 2009 and even then it looks like it wasn't entirely consistent. Was there not enough profit in making these DVDs? Why did it stop is my first question I guess.

    My 2nd question then is, with the growing success of webcasting and streaming services like Twitch TV and the like, why not Stream the panels? Then you'd be guaranteed at least a little profit from Ads for those of us that couldn't make it out to PAX East, but would still be interested in some of the panels.

  • BoomstickityBoomstickity Registered User
    I have a quick question.

    My friend gave me his Registration Code because he is unable to attend the event. Am I able to use the code? And if so do I have to take any extra steps?

  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    After recalling the other day that PAX' used to have DVDs of panels and the like come out after the shows I checked the penny-arcade store and found that there haven't been a set of PAX DVDs since 2009 and even then it looks like it wasn't entirely consistent. Was there not enough profit in making these DVDs? Why did it stop is my first question I guess.

    My 2nd question then is, with the growing success of webcasting and streaming services like Twitch TV and the like, why not Stream the panels? Then you'd be guaranteed at least a little profit from Ads for those of us that couldn't make it out to PAX East, but would still be interested in some of the panels.

    often times the panels would contain exclusive stuff they would not want shown (or if they did want it shown, they would do so through their own channels)
    good ideas though. i always hoped they would do a new PAX DVD, this time on east. PATV is pretty great but something more in-depth would be cool.

    3DS - 3239-3347-2159
    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
  • zerzhulzerzhul Old General in the treesRegistered User, Super Moderator, Moderator, SolidSaints Zerzhul mod
    I have a quick question.

    My friend gave me his Registration Code because he is unable to attend the event. Am I able to use the code? And if so do I have to take any extra steps?

    You cannot simply show up and use someone else's registration to pick up a badge at will call. You need to email pax_questions@paxsite.com and explain the situation and get a resolution.

  • BoomstickityBoomstickity Registered User
    Thank you for the response.

  • a fraking toastera fraking toaster callsign-KC1BDE Registered User regular
    PAX IS TODAY!!!!! YESS YESSS YESSSSS,i feel more happy then the kid from the n64 xmas video on youtube haha,idk were to put this.

    [x] grayhound bus tickets
    [x] hotel
    [ ] cigars for cult of the leaf
    [ ] extra money for nerd swagger
  • daveidfxdaveidfx Registered User
    If this has been addressed somewhere in the middle of the thousand posts on this thread, I apologize; I read the first 5 pages and the last 5 and didn't see anybody else asking what must be a less-frequent question: What's the most responsible and karmaful way to deal with an extra badge?

    I bought 2, including one for a friend who took ill and couldn't come at the very, very last minute. Not trying to sell it, but I don't want it to go to waste either. Giving it away free to a good home. Is there any approved mechanism for this?

  • zerzhulzerzhul Old General in the treesRegistered User, Super Moderator, Moderator, SolidSaints Zerzhul mod
    daveidfx wrote: »
    If this has been addressed somewhere in the middle of the thousand posts on this thread, I apologize; I read the first 5 pages and the last 5 and didn't see anybody else asking what must be a less-frequent question: What's the most responsible and karmaful way to deal with an extra badge?

    I bought 2, including one for a friend who took ill and couldn't come at the very, very last minute. Not trying to sell it, but I don't want it to go to waste either. Giving it away free to a good home. Is there any approved mechanism for this?

    Sadly, due to counterfeiting concerns, there is no "approved" method for transferring badges other than to give them to someone you know. Maybe you'll find a person outside pax that wants a badge (and hopefully won't try to sell it).

  • daveidfxdaveidfx Registered User
    zerzhul wrote: »
    daveidfx wrote: »
    If this has been addressed somewhere in the middle of the thousand posts on this thread, I apologize; I read the first 5 pages and the last 5 and didn't see anybody else asking what must be a less-frequent question: What's the most responsible and karmaful way to deal with an extra badge?

    I bought 2, including one for a friend who took ill and couldn't come at the very, very last minute. Not trying to sell it, but I don't want it to go to waste either. Giving it away free to a good home. Is there any approved mechanism for this?

    Sadly, due to counterfeiting concerns, there is no "approved" method for transferring badges other than to give them to someone you know. Maybe you'll find a person outside pax that wants a badge (and hopefully won't try to sell it).

    Yeah, that last part is a concern. I don't want to contribute to any scalper-y shenanigans.

    Thanks, though. I'll try to find someone worthy.

  • lemonadeomnilemonadeomni Registered User
    I have a laptop I want to bring with me so I can surf the net if I need to, etc. Do I need to register it at all/etc?

  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'm in the line to get into the Queue Room, but I'm not entirely sure what the Queue Room is the queue for. Am I in line for the keynote or the exhibit hall right now?

    Answer: Exhibit Hall. Keynote line is elsewhere

    wonderpug on
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Registered User regular
    After recalling the other day that PAX' used to have DVDs of panels and the like come out after the shows I checked the penny-arcade store and found that there haven't been a set of PAX DVDs since 2009 and even then it looks like it wasn't entirely consistent. Was there not enough profit in making these DVDs? Why did it stop is my first question I guess.

    My 2nd question then is, with the growing success of webcasting and streaming services like Twitch TV and the like, why not Stream the panels? Then you'd be guaranteed at least a little profit from Ads for those of us that couldn't make it out to PAX East, but would still be interested in some of the panels.

    pax will be streaming select content via twitch tv this year.

    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
  • avsfan590avsfan590 Registered User
    wonderpug wrote: »
    I'm in the line to get into the Queue Room, but I'm not entirely sure what the Queue Room is the queue for. Am I in line for the keynote or the exhibit hall right now?

    How bad is the line now?

  • lemonadeomnilemonadeomni Registered User
    what is the rule on backpacks

  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Both are pretty long. I switched to keynote line and I started out thinking I might not make it in, but it keeps on growing and they havent capped it so I guess there's still room. About to go check out the pax lines twitter feed.

  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    what is the rule on backpacks

    People have bags of all kinds. I'm not sure if I saw right, but I think the swag bag may also be one of those nylon drawstring backpacks.

  • lemonadeomnilemonadeomni Registered User
    edited April 2012
    is it ok to bring laptops for personal use? ie not for LANing or anything

    lemonadeomni on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    is it ok to bring laptops for personal use? ie not for LANing or anything

    Yup

    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    wonderpug wrote: »
    Both are pretty long. I switched to keynote line and I started out thinking I might not make it in, but it keeps on growing and they havent capped it so I guess there's still room. About to go check out the pax lines twitter feed.

    The theater Enforcers are ALWAYS counting people in line and will cap it once it's full. So if you are in line you are pretty safe. The main theatre is MASSIVE. You should be good!

    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yup, they've come by counting several times and they're still telling us to squoosh together more. Line is running the whole length of the building, too.

    2000 spots left in line according to the latest tweet, holy cow.

    wonderpug on
  • dark3332dark3332 Registered User
    I just wanted to know if I have to arrive at PAX on time to receive a pass.

  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    dark3332 wrote: »
    I just wanted to know if I have to arrive at PAX on time to receive a pass.

    If you are picking up your pass at Will Call, you may want to wait an hour or so before coming in because the line is VERY long at moment, but will likely clear out in the next hour or so.

    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • mcjagger45mcjagger45 Registered User new member
    edited April 2012
    hey whats up everyone i was wondering if im going to need an ID to play rated M games im 17 years old and attending on sunday but i do not have an id

  • repeterepete Registered User regular
    Will there be the Nathan Barnatt Panel (Keith Apicary) as he was jsut thrown out of pax

  • RutaqRutaq Registered User
    edited April 2012
    Somehow while leaving the Expo hall and walking to my car I lost my Pass, I figured the clip on my lanyard was strong enough but should have tied or super glued it :(

    Anyways... is there a lost and found ? or a way I could have my pass reissued ?

    Rutaq on
  • TennbergTennberg Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Is there a posted limit on how many items per person Gabe & Tycho will sign during that session on Sunday morning? I printed out 3 sets of their Arkham Horror investigator/guardian cards (1 Gabe, 1 Tycho, and 1 Anne-Marie in each set) for a total of 9 cards. Would that be considered excessive? I've never gone to one of their PAX signings, so I'm not sure what is considered appropriate (it's not like I'm having them sign 100 shirts) or if there is a strict limit of 1 item signed per person.

  • zerzhulzerzhul Old General in the treesRegistered User, Super Moderator, Moderator, SolidSaints Zerzhul mod
    Tennberg wrote: »
    Is there a posted limit on how many items per person Gabe & Tycho will sign during that session on Sunday morning? I printed out 3 sets of their Arkham Horror investigator/guardian cards (1 Gabe, 1 Tycho, and 1 Anne-Marie in each set) for a total of 9 cards. Would that be considered excessive? I've never gone to one of their PAX signings, so I'm not sure what is considered appropriate (it's not like I'm having them sign 100 shirts) or if there is a strict limit of 1 item signed per person.

    I don't think there's a posted limit if I remember correctly, but that seems sorta excessive to me given how many people wait in line. You may have to ask when you get there.

  • zerzhulzerzhul Old General in the treesRegistered User, Super Moderator, Moderator, SolidSaints Zerzhul mod
    repete wrote: »
    Will there be the Nathan Barnatt Panel (Keith Apicary) as he was jsut thrown out of pax

    again?

  • zerzhulzerzhul Old General in the treesRegistered User, Super Moderator, Moderator, SolidSaints Zerzhul mod
    mcjagger45 wrote: »
    hey whats up everyone i was wondering if im going to need an ID to play rated M games im 17 years old and attending on sunday but i do not have an id

    Some booths may check ID for M rated games. It has happened in the past.

  • jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Registered User regular
    mcjagger45 wrote: »
    hey whats up everyone i was wondering if im going to need an ID to play rated M games im 17 years old and attending on sunday but i do not have an id
    Most of the Exhibitors are checking.

    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Registered User regular
    repete wrote: »
    Will there be the Nathan Barnatt Panel (Keith Apicary) as he was jsut thrown out of pax
    His panel is cancelled.

    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • MyBFisaTOTALGamerMyBFisaTOTALGamer Registered User
    I don't if I can ask this question here but yesterday I was at PAX east and I had a great time. There was a dance off before the concert in the main hall. There was a song that two guy had danced to and I wanted to know what was the name of that song? The boys that competed after were dancing to the Spice Girls but I was curious about the song before it sounded like Limp Bizkit but I'm not sure.

Sign In or Register to comment.