Options

Sex, violence, rubber-men, Dylan McDermott [American Horror Story]

FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
edited October 2011 in Social Entropy++
American-Horror-Story-logo-wide-560x282.jpg

So yeah, this show - it is a thing.

Dylan McDermott plays a psychiatrist who moves his family across the country to escape some bad times. His wife has a horrible miscarriage, his daughter is a depressive cutter, he gets caught having an affair with one of his students. The solution?

move into this house in LA.
american-horror-story_5101-275x240.jpg

His neighbor is an old lady and her down-syndrome daughter. He treats a psychopathic teen who wants to bone his daughter.

oh his house may also be haunted by this guy:
ahs-gimp.jpg

And the maid that they hired appears as an old lady to everyone else, but he looks like this to him
tumblr_lso09qGHtU1qzzwvdo1_400.gif

So after watching the first two episodes - yeah, this show is a thing.

FortyTwo on

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I kind of want to watch this.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I watched the first episode and thought it was awful

which made me sad, because I really liked the creepy little teasers they had before the show came out

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    This is a weird show, I don't know if it is good - but it is a thing to watch. And it makes me so damned uncomfortable.

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    I watch this. Not sure that it is even a good show, but I like what's going on in it. There have been some pretty decent scenes and some mystery built up around a few of the castmates.

The actors aren't bad at all either.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    The teasers for this show were creepy and awesome, and the website promo looked good

but as they revealed more and more of what the actual show was like, I became less and less interested

it just seems like it's bad melodrama.

I haven't seen it yet, but that's what the trailers were telling me. I'll give it a shot, though.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Haven't seen it yet. I'm still lamenting TNT's cancellation of Dylan McDermott's other series, "Dark Blue".

• Options
    I really don't know what I think about this show. I feel compelled to watch it every week, but I can't say why.

It's really fucking crazy.

I'm hoping something blows up next week, because some shit needs to blow up.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    My girlfriend gives me the rundown on this show every week. It sounds stupid as hell

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    FirmSkater wrote:
    My girlfriend gives me the rundown on this show every week. It sounds stupid as hell

It is I think.

Not like True Blood goofy sexy stupid, but I hate everything burn this place down stupid.

Yet I watch it and look forward to more.

I think I might be the stupid.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    This show is Ryan Murphy's Big Gay Haunted House Adventures and if you don't think that's awesome and something you want to watch then
    (A) don't watch this show and
    (B) die in a fire

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    This reminds me of that utter pile of shit show called American Gothic.

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    American Gothic was actually baller and you are dumb, chris hallet

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    You missed a T tlb.

I have left one there for you to use.

• Options
    proper spelling is only for important things, blaket

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    That would explain why no one ever bothers referring to you by your full name.

• Options
    that's not true

people call me bastard all the time

wait

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    I made it 3 episodes in? 4? I don't remember. It got really stupid and twin peaks kind of annoying.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    American Gothic was actually baller and you are dumb, chris hallet

Nah, son. Nah.

• Options
    GalyGaly Registered User regular
    I watched the first 6 or 7 episodes of this and gave up.

The show's premise is pretty neat, and parts of it are good, but the pace is glacial and some of the shit that happens feels corny.

There's just too many better shows out there to waste time watching this one.

mustache w/ hat c|:{
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    I've only watched the pilot but the young maid is so goddamn hot and the whole show is just bizarre

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    so apparently

BIG SPOILERS
    everyone except the Dad is now dead and also a ghost. Is that the only plot development the writers can think of? This show is just absurd.

• Options
    so apparently

BIG SPOILERS
    everyone except the Dad is now dead and also a ghost. Is that the only plot development the writers can think of? This show is just absurd.
    He's going to fail in getting his kids back and they will all die except for baby satan who will be raised Constance.

Next season some yuppies with a weirdo daughter will move in and they'll do some hoodoo.

And I'm going to go watch beetlejuice right now.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    everything about it including my friends who have watched it screams 'this is definitely by the guy who made glee'

so nop

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I watched the first episode and thought it was

pretty funny

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Macro9 wrote:
    I really don't know what I think about this show. I feel compelled to watch it every week, but I can't say why.

It's really fucking crazy.

I'm hoping something blows up next week, because some shit needs to blow up.

This is me exactly.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    everything about it including my friends who have watched it screams 'this is definitely by the guy who made glee'

so nop
    you really don't want to see the guy who made glee do ghosts and shit?

reeeaaally?

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    Walt wrote:

so nop
    you really don't want to see the guy who made glee do ghosts and shit?

reeeaaally?

The fact that you think it would be worth watching is worrisome. Not so much the fact that you think it might be watchable on its own, that could easily be chalked up to morbid fascination, but more the fact that you seem to be interested because you saw it was by one of the guys who did Glee of all things and went "Yes, I am interested in what this person might have to say about ghosts."

That's

peculiar

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Honestly, I love Glee, but when I heard the guy who made Glee made a series about a haunted house and ghosts and rubbermen and shit, I thought "Oh god this is probably the biggest piece of shit"

Then I saw two episodes and I'm completely surprised how good it is

• Options
    I do not like Glee because it is outside of my circle of interests. However, Ryan Murphy is a guy that is master class in taking something and pushing it as far over the top as he can get away with and yes that is exactly the attitude I want someone to take when making a TV melodrama about ghosts.