Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Batman

Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Don't You Wonder Sometimes?About Sound And Vision?Registered User regular
edited October 2011 in Singularity Engine++


Arkham City is out. It is awesome. Play it and then talk about it in here. Use spoiler tags okay? C'mon son.

JAbTnPK.jpg
·
«134567100

Posts

  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    I love

    Batman

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
    ·
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    I got into an argument last night with some silly people who were trying to say that Batman wasn't the best superhero

    I mean, what the hell did they think they were doing

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
    ·
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    They were right. It's Jack Knight. :)

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    ·
  • VivixenneVivixenne I will protect the innocent. Registered User regular
    I gotta say, watching Blake play this I have been extremely impressed with the AI this time round

    like dudes shooting out gargoyles or spotting your traps (like explosive gel and not going near it)

    it is neat

    ·
  • VivixenneVivixenne I will protect the innocent. Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    I got into an argument last night with some silly people who were trying to say that Batman wasn't the best superhero

    I mean, what the hell did they think they were doing

    who did they say was the best superhero

    ·
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights みんな、 見ていてくれ!Registered User regular
    I loved the way it ended.

    Like. I felt like Arkham Asylum tried too hard for its finale.

    And this one was just like
    Spoiler:

    ·
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    I got into an argument last night with some silly people who were trying to say that Batman wasn't the best superhero

    I mean, what the hell did they think they were doing

    who did they say was the best superhero

    Spider-Man

    Who, you know, is great
    But come on

    But none of them could say why
    They just kept coming back to "Batman is just a rich dude who got to buy all his shit"

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
    ·
  • VeretasVeretas Registered User regular
    Batman

    ·
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS
    i need help with the blood tracking thing
    it just ends on top of this roof thing cant find where it goes after that

    ·
  • VivixenneVivixenne I will protect the innocent. Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    I got into an argument last night with some silly people who were trying to say that Batman wasn't the best superhero

    I mean, what the hell did they think they were doing

    who did they say was the best superhero

    Spider-Man

    Who, you know, is great
    But come on

    But none of them could say why
    They just kept coming back to "Batman is just a rich dude who got to buy all his shit"

    did you sputter in utter indignation and confusion?

    ·
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    They were right. It's Jack Knight. :)

    I know basically nothing about him so I can't really engage here
    I suppose I should check him out some time

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
    ·
  • VivixenneVivixenne I will protect the innocent. Registered User regular
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    i need help with the blood tracking thing
    it just ends on top of this roof thing cant find where it goes after that
    Spoiler:

    ·
  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    i'm playin this now and it's cool to be the batman

    ·
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    I got into an argument last night with some silly people who were trying to say that Batman wasn't the best superhero

    I mean, what the hell did they think they were doing

    who did they say was the best superhero

    Spider-Man

    Who, you know, is great
    But come on

    But none of them could say why
    They just kept coming back to "Batman is just a rich dude who got to buy all his shit"

    did you sputter in utter indignation and confusion?

    Basically yeah
    I tried to expound on the tremendous tragedy he suffered and the years of travel and training he had to undergo to get where he is, but they didn't really care

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
    ·
  • freakish lightfreakish light Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    edit: ya got it, never mind

    freakish light on
    ·
  • VivixenneVivixenne I will protect the innocent. Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    I got into an argument last night with some silly people who were trying to say that Batman wasn't the best superhero

    I mean, what the hell did they think they were doing

    who did they say was the best superhero

    Spider-Man

    Who, you know, is great
    But come on

    But none of them could say why
    They just kept coming back to "Batman is just a rich dude who got to buy all his shit"

    did you sputter in utter indignation and confusion?

    Basically yeah
    I tried to expound on the tremendous tragedy he suffered and the years of travel and training he had to undergo to get where he is, but they didn't really care

    yeah I mean, much respect for Mr. Parker

    designing his own web-slinging shit and all

    but the dude totally got bitten by a spider and that was like 90% of the work done for him

    ·
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    I mean Pete had his own tragedy and all, and the dude's had a rough life and done some hard work, no doubt
    But 2 of the 3 other people at the table were just completely writing Batman off as a loser

    it was an opinion I'd literally never encountered before

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
    ·
  • superman is better than batman, and so is spider-man

    and this is not a dig on batman. it is not a crime to be not as cool as those guys.

    ·
  • VivixenneVivixenne I will protect the innocent. Registered User regular
    did they say that Batman was the 1%

    ·
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla The Year 198X Being Xtreme to the MaxxRegistered User regular
    I honestly think Batman, Superman and Spider-Man are the three perfect superheroes

    Batman is the ideal dark vigilante

    Superman is the ultimate heroic savior

    and Spider-Man is the likeable everyman that you can relate to

    ·
  • VivixenneVivixenne I will protect the innocent. Registered User regular
    Batman and Spider-man rank very highly in my list of best superheroes

    Superman however does not

    ·
  • batman is the 1% let's not go crazy here

    I was yelling it as I was dive bombing crooks in arkham city

    "I am the one perceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeent"

    ·
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 The Cool Twin Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:

    Basically yeah
    I tried to expound on the tremendous tragedy he suffered and the years of travel and training he had to undergo to get where he is, but they didn't really care
    No, that's a valid argument.

    Why should we be impressed with Batman, when he can just buy his massive physical strength, martial expertise, forensics and criminology knowledge, driving sense of justice...

    wb5cft.png
    ·
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Don't You Wonder Sometimes? About Sound And Vision?Registered User regular
    i thought this game's ending was amazing.
    Spoiler:

    JAbTnPK.jpg
    ·
  • my roommate tried to start a "WHY DOESN'T BATMAN JUST KILL THE JOKER" debate with me tonight and I basically told him to fuck off with that shit

    then he's like "dick grayson would totally kill the joker" and I'm like "what?"

    ·
  • I haven't played this game yet, and likely won't get to for a while

    but if somebody could tell me in a nonspoilery way

    how awesome is Mr. Freeze in this game?

    HE'S PRETTY COOL

    YOU KNOW, HE'S PRETTY CHILL

    ·
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla The Year 198X Being Xtreme to the MaxxRegistered User regular
    Wait what

    Dick Grayson is like Bruce Wayne but less brutal

    ·
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 The Cool Twin Registered User regular
    I haven't played this game yet, and likely won't get to for a while

    but if somebody could tell me in a nonspoilery way

    how awesome is Mr. Freeze in this game?

    wb5cft.png
    ·
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Don't You Wonder Sometimes? About Sound And Vision?Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    one cool character

    Clint Eastwood on
    JAbTnPK.jpg
    ·
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    cold puns aside Mr. Freeze was my favorite part of the game

    ebMXHOM.gif
    ·
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla The Year 198X Being Xtreme to the MaxxRegistered User regular
    Really all of the villains were fantastic

    ·
  • Blankzilla wrote:
    Wait what

    Dick Grayson is like Bruce Wayne but less brutal

    look man, I know that

    ·
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS
    surprise guest at the end of that tracking mission

    ·
  • what was the credits thing, I couldn't sit through the dull stuff at the start

    ·
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    I haven't played this game yet, and likely won't get to for a while

    but if somebody could tell me in a nonspoilery way

    how awesome is Mr. Freeze in this game?

    HE'S PRETTY COOL

    YOU KNOW, HE'S PRETTY CHILL

    I think he's a nICE character.

    ·
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla The Year 198X Being Xtreme to the MaxxRegistered User regular
    what was the credits thing, I couldn't sit through the dull stuff at the start
    Spoiler:

    ·
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    Though, he did give me the cold shoulder.

    ·
  • he tried to FREEZE me

    wait

    ·
«134567100
This discussion has been closed.