As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Wars 2

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    physical media is so awful

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Tav wrote:
    physical media is so awful

funny, physical media said the same thing about you!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    how the fuck do I view my character's skin in minecraft without logging in

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    A 5 year old at work just told me that guns will attract more zombies so you should use a bow.

Adorable.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I can't get over how good the Dark Souls trailer is

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    TehSpectre wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    what's wrong with the SE++ minecraft server?

basically there's some of the people who want to include server events and some RP elements and that has involved breaking people shit and making esoteric rules about what you can and cannot do when and where

and there's other people who do not like these things at all and just want to quietly build their own whatevers and not have to worry about an obsidian tower that spawns lightning bolts and zombies appearing outside their hand-built village because an admin thought that was an interesting thing to do with some server mods

there's been some shitty attitudes regarding these issues on both sides of it. personally? i'm somewhat ambivalent but the attitude some of the people who run the server have taken to some of the legitimate complaints has made me go "yeah i don't really want to play here"
    Kinda sounds liek what happened to the G&T server.
    what happened

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    God I am mad depressed for some reason lately. Well, mad anxious might be more likely.

Also Aaron's animals got fleas somehow and my legs are incredibly itchy so I'm paranoid that they gave me fleas and I'll need to comb through my leg hair. I just scrubbed the fuck out of them in the shower so I'm hoping it's just a reaction to that.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Pony wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

basically there's some of the people who want to include server events and some RP elements and that has involved breaking people shit and making esoteric rules about what you can and cannot do when and where

and there's other people who do not like these things at all and just want to quietly build their own whatevers and not have to worry about an obsidian tower that spawns lightning bolts and zombies appearing outside their hand-built village because an admin thought that was an interesting thing to do with some server mods

there's been some shitty attitudes regarding these issues on both sides of it. personally? i'm somewhat ambivalent but the attitude some of the people who run the server have taken to some of the legitimate complaints has made me go "yeah i don't really want to play here"

DK has a pretty great administrative style. he is basically donald trump- he has terrible hair, he builds huge, gaudy shit, if your shit is pathetic and ghetto he will tear it down, and he fucks eastern european whores

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    yes the hatewar between chu and dk is p awesome

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote:
    I can't get over how good the Dark Souls trailer is

The Bartholemew (sp?) one? I love it

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    TehSpectre wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

Kinda sounds liek what happened to the G&T server.
    what happened
    Pretty much the same thing.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    So some 22 hours ago I got beat up pretty badly and got my cellphone stolen. No strong concussions or subcranial bleeding, guys! I'm at home :) .

And I, somehow, feel better than yesterday, for various reasons. So as to truncate my post and not turn this into my blog, I spoiler the retelling. Anyway, I'm very OK and I just wanted to share, it's nothing I wanted to make a thread about but it is still something I wanted to see if I could make a collected post about.
    Two people mugged me (I do think only one asshole did the kicking and the incessant hollering about me giving him my cellphone, the other may have been more cool-headed) but four or more people came and made the assailants run away (I did nothing but scream for help from the first strike, that may have spared me a worse beating), and when I called a friend he was there like he have discovered flight or something. He called my mom since I was a bit shaky, and he was smart enough to FIRST tell her that I was standing up and talking to the police, and THEN told her that I got beat up and robbed.

The police were there magically fast and were effective and competent, although I doubt anyone will be apprehended. I came to the ER, paid a symbolical sum, waited most of the night but got speedy care when a doctor was free, got x-rayed (I'm fine) and then went home and slept. I feel completely calm and some friends and family have been over, relatives have been notified and the insurance logistics etc. should not be overly complicated.

In aggregate, the experience made me feel a stronger bond with my society and my fellows. It's absolutely awful how easily violence can cause damage and horror, and that men my age can even consider planning and carrying out such an attack so as to make some money. I think it's the almost bestial stupidity and desperation of the attackers that will linger with me the longest. The little cunt sounded so unintelligent and simple when he doggedly shouted at me to give up my cellphone. I was too busy screaming for help and protecting my head from your kicks, retard. I guess you were scared too.

I am so glad I only screamed and protected myself, and that there were so many people to come help me, whether they were acting as friends, family, public servants or brave strangers. Thanks for reading.

Absalon on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    DK's server is more messy than SE++'s

like, if you're expecting a nice spawntown you can navigate good luck

but the rail system is nice and easy and I like the people on there so

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    God I am mad depressed for some reason lately. Well, mad anxious might be more likely.

Also Aaron's animals got fleas somehow and my legs are incredibly itchy so I'm paranoid that they gave me fleas and I'll need to comb through my leg hair. I just scrubbed the fuck out of them in the shower so I'm hoping it's just a reaction to that.

If you are really paranoid get back in the shower and lather up anything with hair- armpits, crotch, head, etc and leave the lather on (as much as you can get lathered up, and make sure to scrub the skin) and just leave it for a few minutes to suffocate them

or take a bath and hold hairy bits under water

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Quid wrote:
    Horror is the worst genre.

Quid is the worst genre.
    TehSpectre wrote:
    no u

No that is horror. I am better than both it and genre parody movies.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular

Why is the hole in the ozone so big?

MYDCMBR!

Pshh...

That car was reflashed with a turbo and a turbo back exhaust w/ test pipe, meaning no catalytic converter.

Ruinin the world erryday.

Vrrrrrrrrrrmmmmm.... pshhh!!... vrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmm.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    DK i've gotten pretty sick of SE++'s minecraft servers would it be cool if i came to yours

Yes

Yessss

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    the other issue I have with the SE++ server that it seems like DK's might not have is

the SE++ server is crazy popular, it regularly hits its 64 player simultaneous limit on most nights, and i think there's like over a hundred people who log on at various points of the day

and it seems like about 40% of them get the urge to go off and build not only their own house, but their own communities with towns and marketplaces and shit

which would be cool except when almost half the server is building their own communities, that means the other half is maaaaybe half-heartedly inhabiting those communities

so it's this huge area full of incredibly well constructed ghost towns

the RP elements and server events are the attempts of the mods to have something to do on the server since everyone else seems content to basically play single-player in a shared map with other people

• Options
    Arch wrote:
    how the fuck do I view my character's skin in minecraft without logging in

there should be a thing on the main website

• Options
    Glad you're alright, Abs.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Holy shit, Absalon. Sorry to hear that.

• Options
    Also, nice Monte Carlo TehSpectre!

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Honestly I like the fact that it was very organically built around the spawn, none of that weird obsessive compunction to make the spawn some kind of nerd refuge camp

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    absalon that sucks

i am glad you weren't seriously hurt

i guess everyone responds to violence in different ways

• Options
    Quid wrote:

^---this

that really sucks dude

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote:

ours is good enough

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Holy fucking shit is Blizzard's CGI reaching some absurd levels.

Have you guys seen this fucking Diablo trailer? The level of detail is fucking astounding. Look at the details in her eyes and fingers. There are portions of it that are completely photorealistic.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlhWqmVeDno&feature=player_embedded

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    argh, I give up. :(@Donkey Kong I can't seem to connect now, it either hangs on "logging in" or I get connection errors and then a few minutes of ping failure.

• Options
    Arch wrote:
    Quid wrote:

^---this

that really sucks dude

yeah, that's awful

sorry, man

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    the other issue I have with the SE++ server that it seems like DK's might not have is

the SE++ server is crazy popular, it regularly hits its 64 player simultaneous limit on most nights, and i think there's like over a hundred people who log on at various points of the day

and it seems like about 40% of them get the urge to go off and build not only their own house, but their own communities with towns and marketplaces and shit

which would be cool except when almost half the server is building their own communities, that means the other half is maaaaybe half-heartedly inhabiting those communities

so it's this huge area full of incredibly well constructed ghost towns

the RP elements and server events are the attempts of the mods to have something to do on the server since everyone else seems content to basically play single-player in a shared map with other people

welll that's sort of what we're doing

mostly because 5 people on is quite the bunch

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    well since I can't play on dk's server and minecraft is boring to me when I can't showoff my creations in game

I guess I am gonna go clean up the house a bit then read these papers I have been putting off

Did you know we discovered a new order of insects in the fossil record? It happened like two months ago

• Options
    I'm imagining Michael Cera's character in Arrested Development flopping over into a protective ball

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    absalon that sucks

i am glad you weren't seriously hurt

i guess everyone responds to violence in different ways

All of this.

Steam
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    DK i've gotten pretty sick of SE++'s minecraft servers would it be cool if i came to yours

Yes

Yessss

I'd play if we could construct our own mansion instead of having a shitty tunnel system connecting our shit and me constantly getting lost

Also I would require all of the diamonds because I am a woman :B

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote:
    So some 22 hours ago I got beat up pretty badly and got my cellphone stolen.

And I, somehow, feel better than yesterday, for various reasons. So as to truncate my post and not turn this into my blog, I spoiler the retelling. Anyway, I'm very OK and I just wanted to share, it's nothing I wanted to make a thread about but it is still something I wanted to see if I could make a collected post about.
    Two people mugged me (I do think only one asshole did the kicking and the incessant hollering about me giving him my cellphone, the other may have been more cool-headed) but four or more people came and made the assailants run away (I did nothing but scream for help from the first strike, that may have spared me a worse beating), and when I called a friend he was there like he have discovered flight or something. He called my mom since I was a bit shaky, and he was smart enough to FIRST tell her that I was standing up and talking to the police, and THEN told her that I got beat up and robbed.

The police were there magically fast and were effective and competent, although I doubt anyone will be apprehended. I came to the ER, paid a symbolical sum, waited most of the night but got speedy care when a doctor was free, got x-rayed (I'm fine) and then went home and slept. I feel completely calm and some friends and family have been over, relatives have been notified and the insurance logistics etc. should not be overly complicated.

In aggregate, the experience made me feel a stronger bond with my society and my fellows. It's absolutely awful how easily violence can cause damage and horror, and that men my age can even consider planning and carrying out such an attack so as to make some money. I think it's the almost bestial stupidity and desperation of the attackers that will linger with me the longest. The little cunt sounded so unintelligent and simple when he doggedly shouted at me to give up my cellphone. I was too busy screaming for help and protecting my head from your kicks, retard. I guess you were scared too.

I am so glad I only screamed and protected myself, and that there were so many people to come help me, whether they were acting as friends, family, public servants or brave strangers. Thanks for reading.

glad that you came out of this okay. Also now you know you are more resilient than you thought!

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Oh great. My original spawn was a tiny island, my second island turned out to have water one block below ground level so now I need to find a third island to even quarry stone.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

People can't get fleas. They might jump on you, and if it's a really bad infestation they might even bite you, but they will not live on you.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    why can't i get into dk's server

every time i try to connect it gives me some sort of error

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Also, nice Monte Carlo TehSpectre!
    It's fantastic.

It was in an accident that required some rebuilding (no framework or engine issues) and has some burns on the backseat interior and the passenger side airbag casing has obviously been deployed at some point, but the car looks great from the outside.

I am gonna get it fixed up with my tax refund.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote:
    why can't i get into dk's server

every time i try to connect it gives me some sort of error

oh you didn't hear about the lamer filter

It filters out lamers.

This discussion has been closed.