As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo 3DS]: Dillion's Rolling Western, Mario Tennis, Spirit Camera!

• Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Any word on a hardware refresh yet?

No? Why would there be?

Dritz on
    There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I find it really weird how everyone is assuming that a 3DS revision is unavoidable. This is not like the original DS, where the parts were horribly organized, and almost seemed like some rushed prototype. It was relatively easy for them to redesign the console, because there was so much that could be optimized, design and space wise.
    With the 3DS, the internals are so tightly packed, that they had to move the freaking stylus because they couldn't fit the battery anywhere else. And batteries are not going to get any smaller anytime soon, so I don't see them doing a redesign before they decide its time for a 3DS XL. And that requires that their suppliers start producing larger 3D-screens. And they don't right now.

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    They can do PSPesque revisions with better screens and batteries. I doubt it would be all that soon, certainly not within this year. Then again I never expected the second control stick addon thingy.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    The Mantiz wrote:
    I find it really weird how everyone is assuming that a 3DS revision is unavoidable. This is not like the original DS, where the parts were horribly organized, and almost seemed like some rushed prototype. It was relatively easy for them to redesign the console, because there was so much that could be optimized, design and space wise.
    With the 3DS, the internals are so tightly packed, that they had to move the freaking stylus because they couldn't fit the battery anywhere else. And batteries are not going to get any smaller anytime soon, so I don't see them doing a redesign before they decide its time for a 3DS XL. And that requires that their suppliers start producing larger 3D-screens. And they don't right now.
    It's a nintendo portable. Of course there'll eventually be at least 2 revisions.

But still it's been less than a year. Way too early for news of one yet

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    Yeah, from "industry" reviews, it looks like Rumble Blast is just about the same level as the Wii Ware version, with a little extra. However, from the few first consumer reviews I've found, it's so far just silly fun. I may just wait for Nano Assault though.

PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    A little extra?! It has nearly all the Pokémon this time around instead of the select few on the WiiWare version. It has various Battle Royale challenges post game that can get really fucking tough. You can StreetPass and use 3DS coins (those same ones you earn by walking around and use for playing Find Mii) to unlock legendaries. It's generally a lot of fun, and pretty solid in my opinion.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    Ferquin wrote:
    A little extra?! It has nearly all the Pokémon this time around instead of the select few on the WiiWare version. It has various Battle Royale challenges post game that can get really fucking tough. You can StreetPass and use 3DS coins (those same ones you earn by walking around and use for playing Find Mii) to unlock legendaries. It's generally a lot of fun, and pretty solid in my opinion.

The little extra was I think the modes they were referring to, not necessarily the amount of pokés. However, see, I'm intrigued about this game even though I know it's a silly game. I just wish there was a little more of a certainty for hits on Street Passes (that goes for ALL games). Annnny ways, I think I'm sold. It just looks fun. That's probably enough for me.

PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    Quick review of Rumble Blast now that I've spent a good 6 hours or so playing it: it's fun, it's a great portable game, and the "Diablo Pokemon" suggestion isn't far off. The gameplay is MUCH simpler than Diablo but I find myself doing the "just one more dungeon" thing because I want that Pokemon to finally drop. Rather than mindlessly clicking everything dead, I'm hitting A or B. Plus, the Rock-Paper-Scissors Pokemon strategy comes into play to spice things up a little.

My multiplayer issues are gone, it's almost as if the games needed to cache some data because we haven't had a single disconnect since the first 3 attempts.

I'm quite pleased with the purchase and look forward to getting StreetPasses with strangers so I can kick their pokemons faces in.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Ferquin wrote:

If by select few you mean every single gen 1 and gen 4 pokemon, then yes.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Quick review of Rumble Blast now that I've spent a good 6 hours or so playing it: it's fun, it's a great portable game, and the "Diablo Pokemon" suggestion isn't far off. The gameplay is MUCH simpler than Diablo but I find myself doing the "just one more dungeon" thing because I want that Pokemon to finally drop. Rather than mindlessly clicking everything dead, I'm hitting A or B. Plus, the Rock-Paper-Scissors Pokemon strategy comes into play to spice things up a little.

My multiplayer issues are gone, it's almost as if the games needed to cache some data because we haven't had a single disconnect since the first 3 attempts.

I'm quite pleased with the purchase and look forward to getting StreetPasses with strangers so I can kick their pokemons faces in.

How many moves does each poke have access to in a mission? Any passive skills? Can you switch pokes in mid level?

Neurotika on
  • Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Ice-White-3DS-in-Europe.jpg

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'd be jealous of the white one if it weren't for the fact that my DSLite looked terrible over time from the plastic yellowing on the buttons and just overall wear. I had to have Nintendo replace the shell last year and it really made me realize just how non-white it had become.

I really wish the wife wouldn't make me wait till Christmas to pick up Mario though :(

• Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    That white is sexi. Ohh yes.

• Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    ForceVoid wrote:

How many moves does each poke have access to in a mission? Any passive skills? Can you switch pokes in mid level?

You have a move assigned to A and/or B that they start with or you can buy. No passives, just their elemental resists. You can switch out as many times as you want and can have over 100 Pokemon in your inventory. They are like weapons, I keep one of every element to bust out in a level so I can annihilate the enemies.

Edit for clarity: two moves per Pokemon at a time.

Wraithverge on
  • Options
    Fuck me I don't know if I want white or red.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

Go with the one that comes with the game!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote:

Except that I don't live in Europe, so no bundles here.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I wonder why they went with White for that Mario pack. You'd think *that* would be the red one.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote:

Oh :(

Oh! I don't live in Europe either!

I also already have an exceptionally dusty, black 3DS... I should probably clean more...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    What are the chances the Misty Pink 3DS will come out in the US?

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:

Oh :(

Oh! I don't live in Europe either!

I also already have an exceptionally dusty, black 3DS... I should probably clean more...

Show your 3DS some love Skull. Have you played all the recommended games in the OP? If so, have you picked up the DS copies of Kirby or Aliens yet? Both are great. Don't forget VC love (DK 94', Zelda DX, etc). Either way, Mario isn't too far away, right? :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Skip Aliens, it's terrible. The controls are ridiculously poor for a 2D game.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote:

Are they? I haven't had that many problems so far. What in particular?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I'm waiting for Mario 3D land and Mario Kart. I got some good use out of it with DoA and Ghost Recon though. I can only play Zelda and Star Fox so many times... :P

VC's out too, unless I bring my 3DS to work. There's Resident Evil and other neat stuff coming next year too, so I'm not unhappy!

• Options
    Speaking of DS games, anyone have any DSiWare recommendations?

• Options

Check the bottom of the OP.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2011

My list is in the OP.

EDIT: Dangit why can't we delete posts.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Thanks - I guess I overlooked that part of the OP.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Yesterday I was going to buy Pokemon rumble blast. Then I decided not to after reading some reviews. Now after hearing you guys talk about it, I want it again. I'm also a sucker for loot or in this case Pokemon or any game where items drop.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Waiiiiit a minute

There's a Pokemon aRPG, and its available now?

• Options
    MNC Dover wrote:
    Magic Pink wrote:

Are they? I haven't had that many problems so far. What in particular?

You can't turn and shoot. Random things that you can easily walk by mysteriously block your shots. Moving while crouching is a pain in the ass.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Just tap L while walking backwards to turn around. What things you can walk by are blocking your shots? The closest I've noticed is not being able to shoot at stuff on a floor above me.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Moving while crouching is always a pain in the ass in games. Come to think of it it's kind of hard to do in real life even.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I went to pick up something for my wife today, and impulsively bought Mass Attack. Woo!

I tried to buy Bit.Trip, but they don't have it. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    Just got Bit.Trip Saga in the mail today. I only played Beat when it came out on the Wii ages ago, and liked it a lot. Man, these games are great. Runner is really, really incredibly fun.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Aliens looks interesting to me, but I just have a feeling that I'll be able to snag it off Amazon for $10 in half a year.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Yeah, I feel that way about a lot of games these days. I still haven't bought a 3DS game for $40, they've all been a $30 day one deal or B1G1 on Amazon. And for HD games I await Steam's big biannual sales.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    90% of my gaming purchases are $20 or below.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Aliens looks interesting to me, but I just have a feeling that I'll be able to snag it off Amazon for $10 in half a year.

That's why I haven't picked up the Pacman/Galaga 3ds combo thing - it just screams bargain bin fodder.

This discussion has been closed.