As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo 3DS]: Dillion's Rolling Western, Mario Tennis, Spirit Camera!

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
  • FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    You can switch out as many times as you want and can have over 100 Pokemon in your inventory.

You can have a max of about 2,500 Toy Pokémon. Granted, 95% will probably be crap you picked up on the way, but it's good to have a big pool to draw from for moves.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • DawasaurusDawasaurus In a forestRegistered User regular

I love Tanuki Mario. So cute. <3

One day, I'll get a 3DS, but I'll probably wait another year or two, until the price drops some more.

• Vangu VegroVangu Vegro Registered User regular

Sweet, my favorite Mario Galaxy music's in this game (at 1:52).
    If I hadn't preordered it already, I would have now.

In my PC: Ryzom, Diablo III, Naruto Shippuden UNSR, The Old Republic
    In my 3DS: Super Smash Bros, AC New Leaf
    Last game completed: Steamworld Dig
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Shadow Wars

Bought'd. Really fun so far. I kept hearing that it looked like a DS game with 3d tacked on - but it really looks much better than that. I'm up to 5 games for the console now but I think I'm on a spending freeze until Christmas per wifey.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    May not want to watch this then. It's a little old but I only just now saw it, and it does give a good impression of what we have to look forward to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsW6TksMqR4

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    May not want to watch this then. It's a little old but I only just now saw it, and it does give a good impression of what we have to look forward to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsW6TksMqR4

OK, that's going in the OP.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Tanooki tails for everyone.

Everyone.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Tanoothwomps!

Ok, did Bowser buy his Tanooki tails in bulk at Sam's Club for his minions or something? :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    MNC Dover wrote:

I wouldn't put it in the "before the end of this year" section, though. While it's cool to see all those games at once, many of them will probably never leave Japan.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Total thematic ripoff of Rocket Slime.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    jothki wrote:
    Total thematic ripoff of Rocket Slime.

What is?

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote:

I wouldn't put it in the "before the end of this year" section, though. While it's cool to see all those games at once, many of them will probably never leave Japan.

Wow! There's a metric fuckton of awesome looking games in the works. Probably wont see that Senran Kagura game in the US though, huh? A shame, because if there's one thing I like more then beat em ups, its beat em ups that incorporate tits and ass :P

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • BigJoeMBigJoeM Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Games not coming over here is one of the things that's starting to irritate me about the region locking because i'm pretty sure both of those soccer games (but particularly Inazuma Eleven) won't make it to the states.

Along with SD Gundam G Generation, Lost Heroes, One Piece (probably) and some others.

BigJoeM on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Ok that Mario video was awesome. I can't wait for this one.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh shit, Aliens is already out?

• ChenChen Registered User regular
    aa0d295974665e71c763d35d3531099001204467_jpg__450x270_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

What the hell? And I thought three red shells were OP.

V0Gug2h.png
    Doesn't seem that OP. Bombs and green shells are both relatively tough to use effectively, and a single banana doesn't usually turn the tide. All of them are even less useful if you have no way of knowing which one is coming out at what time.

Position yourself right behind an opponent, try to release that green shell and oops, a banana drops behind you.

edited October 2011
    I don't know. Invincible stars are awesome at all times. Anything else is a bonus. If worst comes to worst, you can spam the item button, hit the person in front of you with a red shell, bridge the gap and ram him/her while starstruck. Take that, Peach!

Not that I'm actively complaining about balance in a Mario Kart. The sheer ridiculousness of that image just took me by surprise. I already hate Peach more than a thousand suns. Make her even more unfair, why don't you!

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I wonder if it uses the item directly in front of you or something (although that wouldn't work with bananas. Maybe to the right?). That way you'd need to time which item you're using while lining up a shot. The added complexity could make them a bit more interesting to use. Also, I imagine it's only available to people coming last, like the lightning bolt, so whether it's overpowered or not is fairly irrelevant.

Its very name, Lucky 7, implies extreme rarity.

Anyway the Heroes of Ruin video from above has been Youtube'd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNmHnemsTTM

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So Pokemon Rumble Blast is a lot of fun. If you consider yourself a poke fan, then you should pick it up.

Steam: offday
    edited October 2011
    Is the red-haired woman the magic wielder? The two melee dudes and gunslinger are obvious. They all seem pretty pissed off. When can we expect a release? I hope for their sake it's not in the release time frame of Diablo 3.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
    Yeah, she's the magic user of the group. They've said they're aiming for release by March, so it's still a ways off.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Well, there are at least six titles in that batch I'll likely fork over for. Color me excited :)

• V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    There's certainly lots of variety in there. Much more than Mario as some others would like to believe.

Nice job on the HoR championing, Sporky. The title feels like it's getting overlooked.

Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote:
    So Pokemon Rumble Blast is a lot of fun. If you consider yourself a poke fan, then you should pick it up.

Yes, though people wouldn't be remiss in waiting for a price drop first. It's simple, but surprisingly addictive... more so than Rumble on the Wii. The environments are attractive as well... I like the treetop stages where you can look down to the branches below. Nice use of the 3D there.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Yeah, but Nintendo games take forever to see price drops. Unless you can find it used from someone online or something or an amazon sale.

I'm having fun with it, and I think it was worth the 35 bucks. But then again I'm all about catching pokes. Can I also point out that I love that it has so many stats in it. Like play time, defeated pokemon, money spent, etc. I don't know why, but I love games that include all of these stats. Why can't more games include these?

Steam: offday
  • LordOfMeepLordOfMeep Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote:

Yes, though people wouldn't be remiss in waiting for a price drop first. It's simple, but surprisingly addictive... more so than Rumble on the Wii. The environments are attractive as well... I like the treetop stages where you can look down to the branches below. Nice use of the 3D there.

I also like the little intros for areas when you first drop into them, in 3D they look really nice for a game that's not exactly pushing the polycount of the 3DS.

But yeah, I wouldn't say it's for everybody. You really need to know that you're spending $35 for what's basically an expanded version of a simplistic WiiWare hack and slash game. Not that that's a bad thing if you're into it.

SpaceGarSig.png
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Pokemon Rumble wasn't the greatest value proposition at 1500 wii points either, but people who bought it and played it multi really loved it. It gets very hard near the end!

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • wakaranaiwakaranai Registered User regular
    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/27/nintendo-adding-sleep-mode-downloads-to-3ds-eshop-planning-web/
    HUGE reconstruction of the eshop! Pretty sweet.

Nintendo news has been pretty gloomy lately.. glad this showed up when it did!

• mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Those things are nice, but the only real problems I have with the eShop right now are that you can't add money in arbitrary amounts (above $5, even though this would benefit Nintendo by reducing card fees), and the fact that there are no new games available on the eShop.

Edit: Also, demos are great, but limited play is nonsense. "Hey, 3DS-less friend, check out this demo I downloaded of a potentially-system-selling game! Oh, wait, never mind, I already reached the play limit."

mntorankusu on
  • DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    There are new games coming out on the eShop. Hardly any 3DS exclusive stuff though.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Wow! There's a metric fuckton of awesome looking games in the works. Probably wont see that Senran Kagura game in the US though, huh? A shame, because if there's one thing I like more then beat em ups, its beat em ups that incorporate tits and ass :P

Man, that Senran Kagura clip makes the video a tad on the NSFW side.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    So, this is happening:

TIMES SQUARE WARPS INTO MARIO’S 3D WORLD
    New Yorkers are Invited to Play Inside Mario’s World on Nov. 12
    for an Advance Look at Super Mario 3D Land for Nintendo 3DS

WHAT: To celebrate the launch of the Super Mario 3D Land™ game for the Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system, Nintendo is giving fans in New York City a rare opportunity to experience how 3D significantly enhances and reinvents the beloved Mario gaming experience. Anyone who visits Times Square on Nov. 12 will be invited to play inside Mario’s 3D world with life size warp pipes, trampoline coin jumps and a flag pole finale! Consumers will also have a special opportunity to play Super Mario 3D Land in advance of its official Nov.13 release date.

Among Mario’s World 3D game-play experience, attendees will also be able to enjoy:

• A performance from a mass group of Nintendo characters at the start of the event

• A set of exclusive Tanooki ears and tails as featured in the original franchise, rewarded to fans onsite throughout the event (available while supplies last).

• A “Mushroom Kingdom” Pizza truck nearby offering free mushroom pizza slices to the first 1,000 consumers onsite that tweet using the #SuperMario3D hashtag.

• Additionally, in advance of its official Nov. 13 release date, Nintendo is rewarding its biggest fans in attendance with an exclusive limited early sale of the game at Toys “R” Us located in Times Square on Nov. 12.

Super Mario 3D Land is the first Mario™ game created for Nintendo 3DS. The platform utilizes 3D visuals to deliver classic Mario action with enhanced depth, distance and speed, all without the need for special glasses. To date, more than 262 million Super Mario games have been sold around the globe, making it one of the world’s most widely enjoyed video game series.

WHO: Mario costume characters, kids, adults, teens, parents, and video game fans will be in attendance

WHEN: Saturday, Nov. 12: 10 a.m.

WHERE: Military Island at Times Square
    Broadway and 7th Avenue between 43rd and 44th Streets
    New York, NY 10036

VISUALS:

• A large group of Nintendo characters performing and participating in activities throughout the event.

• A multi-sensory environment constructed from the ground-up to depict Mario’s World in the middle of Times Square.

• Inside Mario’s world fans will be jumping for coins, going into a warp pipe and sliding down the iconic flagpole.

• Hundreds of fans wearing their Tanooki ears and tails as Mario does in the game

• Super Mario 3D Land game footage featured on the Jumbotron that fans and passersby can watch.

Suffice to say, I'm probably not going to make it. This disappoints me beyond words. :(

Anyone planning to go? I would kill for an ears/tail set... I might even put them with my Mario costume.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote:

A price drop on a Pokemon game?

HO HO HO HO HO

It's a spinoff game, those go on sale all the time. One of the Mystery Dungeon games is $20 at Amazon right now. And I wouldn't be surprised to see it as part of a B1G1 sale at some point.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote:
    anoffday wrote:

A price drop on a Pokemon game?

HO HO HO HO HO
    Non core Pokemon games drop in price all the time on the handhelds. My son has played the majority of the Mystery Dungeon/Ranger games and we've never paid more than $20 for any of them.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I'm still waiting for the last Pokemon Ranger to drop in price.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
This discussion has been closed.