As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[East] Cookie Brigade EAST 2012 - Bake Cookies, help Child's Play!

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    I dunno - they do have to be made kinda on the crispy side. Snickerdoodle hardtack, maybe?

But seriously - the dough makes a great GF sugar cookie dough too, it tastes just like regular cookies. I served these at our Un-Superbowl party and nobody knew they were GF until I told them. Tasty!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • chocojoshchocojosh Registered User regular
    Made an account on the 6th, waiting for someone to activate my account because the big red box won't let me in still :(

edited February 2012
    Sorry about the delay in getting Brigade apps approved!

If you've applied on the Brigade site, you should see a message in your PA Forum inbox.

If you know any of the following forumers (or are any of the following forumers), please PM me to validate that these are real people:

Sparklej
    Rubikscube
    ettran

Thanks!

LexiconGrrl on
  • freekamafreekama Registered User regular
    I know I'm still "pending" as help for the event. But I can make a large batch of Gluten free cookies in a gluten free environment. I work at "West Meadow Farm Bakery" In vermont, a certified Gluten Free Bakery. I'd be happy to make them there and bring them. Or I could make anything else at home too ^_^

freekama wrote:
    I know I'm still "pending" as help for the event. But I can make a large batch of Gluten free cookies in a gluten free environment. I work at "West Meadow Farm Bakery" In vermont, a certified Gluten Free Bakery. I'd be happy to make them there and bring them. Or I could make anything else at home too ^_^

You're in, thanks for waiting! And a big batch of certifiably GF cookes sounds FANTASTIC! Make sure they're wrapped and labelled well so that folks know they're certified GF (versus just being no-flour in a regular kitchen). Let me know if you need some labels - we could have a labelling party before PAX.

• laivindillaivindil Registered User regular

If you know any of the following forumers (or are any of the following forumers), please PM me to validate that these are real people:
    Sparklej
    Rubikscube
    ettran

Thanks!

Hey LexiconGrrl, My GF is ettran. She doesn't have a forum account (is that needed to be on cookie brigade?). I also just recently created my own account. If you want to look into my history I use laivindil a lot (check reddit, steam, PSN or my twitter @cmax88). So I'm a long time PA reader, but never really went to the forums till I decided to go to PAX 2012. Since I'm dragging my girlfriend along :P she wanted to find something to interest her since she is not the huge gaming nerd I am. Let me know if there are any issues to qualify her for CB. Thanks!

PAX East 2012 Attendee. Also going to East 13.
    Thanks laivindil! Moving this discussion to PM. Check your inbox :)

• freekamafreekama Registered User regular
    freekama wrote:

You're in, thanks for waiting! And a big batch of certifiably GF cookes sounds FANTASTIC! Make sure they're wrapped and labelled well so that folks know they're certified GF (versus just being no-flour in a regular kitchen). Let me know if you need some labels - we could have a labelling party before PAX.

Yay! How many cookies does everyone normally bring?

As many or as few as you like. I suggest that you log in to the Cookie Brigade Website, as this sort of detail is discussed a lot over there :)

edited February 2012
    Hey you guys! Check out the Solid Saints stickie at the top of the PA forum and think about donating something for the auction. All proceeds benefit Childs Play and Monday is the last day!

LexiconGrrl on
  • sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    i've been trying to find a way to contact the cookie brigade and its pretty much impossible since there is no contacts on the website and my account is locked since they could not find my forum name here since i didn't have one. so the message i got on the website told me to reply to them and i was able to since it kept telling me they had to approve me before i could reply ...you guys really must work on this issue

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    i've been trying to find a way to contact the cookie brigade and its pretty much impossible since there is no contacts on the website and my account is locked since they could not find my forum name here since i didn't have one. so the message i got on the website told me to reply to them and i was able to since it kept telling me they had to approve me before i could reply ...you guys really must work on this issue

I think the intention is that you need to have an account here as a secondary form of communication.

edited February 2012

This is actually a great chance to remind everyone that...

Each Brigade application is individually vetted. It takes some time to get approved (as we're all just regular people with jobs and such), but if you've been waiting for approval, the best thing to do is read through this entire forum thread to find an admin and then contact them by PM - either someone like me, or the original poster.

I've been regularly posting to this forum, asking folks who are waiting for approval to PM me so that I can get their application(s) moving. Make sure you read all of this thread - there's a lot of discussions and it's easy to miss those notices. But if a Brigade Admin posts here and says "Contact me if you're waiting for approval" and then you don't contact them, we unfortunately have to assume you're a spambot and can't move forward with your app.

All that said @sillyzombie666, I'm sending you a PM today to get the ball rolling. Thanks for reaching out.

LexiconGrrl on
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Kids Woot has a Star Wars lunchbox today that includes 2 cookie cutters: TIE fighter and Millenium Falcon shaped. Granted, they call them "sandwich cutters", but I think multiple applications will work (should liven up the next Jello Shot party I'm at [which would be the first]).

Thought it might help some of you that are making cookies for this cause.

http://kids.woot.com/

edited February 2012
    That's pretty cool! Williams Sonoma has been coming out with lots of Star Wars stuff since they acquired the license. Below are some of their other cutters - I like these because the design details are stamped on to the cookie and you don't have to decorate it with icing unless you want to. These ones would make slightly smaller cookies than the sandwich cutters.

But you know what the sandwich cutters would be perfect for? Star Wars themed Whoopie Pies.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/star-wars-cookie-cutter/?pkey=e|star+wars%E2%84%A2+heroes+%26+villains+cookie+cutters|1|best|0|1|24||1&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_-

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/star-wars-vehicle-cookie-cutters/?pkey=e|star+wars+vehicles|2|best|0|1|24||1&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-Top_Marketing_Billboard-_-

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/4579033/?catalogId=98&cm_ven=Shopping&cm_cat=Froogle&cm_pla=default&cm_ite=default&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=4579033

LexiconGrrl on
  • Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I have The Marvel cookie cutters. My other half wants all the cutters used.

Lady Lilybell on
    5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
    We've gotten some terrific bakers and other volunteers for the PAX East, but we need more if we're going to beat Prime's total of $14,000 in donations. If you're interested in helping, be sure to sign up on the cookie brigade website!

• ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    I have an account from last year and I'm in the baking and PAX East 2012 groups - am I all set or do I have to do something else to help out this year? I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything! :D I'm also cool with helping distribute a bit this year.

UyhWici.png
    I have an account from last year and I'm in the baking and PAX East 2012 groups - am I all set or do I have to do something else to help out this year? I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything! :D I'm also cool with helping distribute a bit this year.

Welcome back! Just check in on the CB website and you'll find all the discussion and information you need. PM me or one of the site admins there if you have questions.

• LittleAnariLittleAnari Registered User new member
    Hello everyone! This is my second PAX East, and last year I was inspired to help out the Cookie Brigade. I love to bake and help out, and I hope to make friends this year!

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    Sorry that it's been so long since I've shown up for an update! It sounds like Lexi, Ransim, and Erin have been holding the fort down well: you guys rock!

The time is nigh! Bakers and distributors who aren't already on the cookie brigade site, be sure to sign up as soon as possible!

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Hello everyone! This is my second PAX East, and last year I was inspired to help out the Cookie Brigade. I love to bake and help out, and I hope to make friends this year!

Awesome :) Please sign up for our website if you haven't already

Edit: found you did join, and approved you :)

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • LittleAnariLittleAnari Registered User new member
    aerynkelly wrote: »

Awesome :) Please sign up for our website if you haven't already

Edit: found you did join, and approved you :)

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to baking a whole bunch of cookies! :D

• LethinatorLethinator Registered User regular
    Hullo! I just signed up on the website, hoping to bake some vegan and gluten free treats for people with weird diets like me. :) I'd really love to help out Child's Play :D

edited February 2012
    @Madlyneon & @Lethinator - check your inboxes for a PM from the Brigade! :)

LexiconGrrl on
  • d0ughb0yd0ughb0y Registered User regular
    Hey guys. I just signed up. As a cookie eater (the creeper cookies in the minecraft line last year... yum), I'm also a cookie maker. I'd be happy to be involved in something like this.

I organize charity cooking events at work where we donate the proceeds (including a company match) to a local charity. I'm going to be at the event, I'm driving up from NJ on Thursday.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    Hi guys. I know at least one Coin Will-Call volunteer is signed up already as a Brigadaire member, but I'm another. While I won't be distributing cookies, I will be selling off any spare coins I have (I ordered 4 extra to make sure I could) for child's play and collecting donations through various coin events... It was suggested and vetted by our little group of volunteers as a good idea to route it through the cookie brigade, so I figured I should sign up... Anyway, thanks!

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
    @d0ughb0y and @Kiashien - check your PA Inboxes for messages from the Brigade.

And thanks, both of you for taking an interest! Having more bakers, and encouraging more donations by 'sweetening' the deal is a great idea!

• woolykittenwoolykitten Registered User regular
    I've just signed up on the Cookie Brigade site. :) Looking forward to baking again this year AND getting to attend PAX East. Last year I couldn't attend, but sent over 250 cookies down with a friend.

@woolykitten- check your inbox :)

Telling my mom and aunt about the Cookie Brigade got me some offers of homemade cookies to pass along and help making all my cookies! :D

UyhWici.png
    Woot! PAX Prime collected over $14K in 2011 - If we're going to beat that at East, we need all the cookies we can lay our hands on!!

• MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    Woot! PAX Prime collected over $14K in 2011 - If we're going to beat that at East, we need all the cookies we can lay our hands on!!

AMAZING!!!

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    d0ughb0y wrote: »
    Hey guys. I just signed up. As a cookie eater (the creeper cookies in the minecraft line last year... yum), I'm also a cookie maker. I'd be happy to be involved in something like this.
    Good to see you and welcome to the crew. We love to lure people to join us through our cookies. I showed my husband his picture from the Cookie Brigade Forums and started laughing. I told him he was hamming it up.

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    YOjlK.jpg

I have begun making candy! Three batches done, three flavors and three hundred candies!

So far I've done, strawberry, orange and blue raspberry. Still need to do grape, lemon, pina colada and I might do a special run of root beer candies.

snnGr.jpg

Reminds me of mixed 7-11 Slurpees and playing Atari at my friend's house.

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    You rock Ransim! =) (Also, I love your excellent use of cookie-themed memes ;) )

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    Finances are so bad right now that I can't attend the con any more, and so by way of that I can't bring any cookies. I'm more worried about where I'm going to live than I am baking. Really sorry. :(

UyhWici.png
  • KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    ransim wrote: »
    YOjlK.jpg

I have begun making candy! Three batches done, three flavors and three hundred candies!

So far I've done, strawberry, orange and blue raspberry. Still need to do grape, lemon, pina colada and I might do a special run of root beer candies.

snnGr.jpg

I will murder an orphanage and donate the entire looting funds for root beer space invader candies.

...Or just donate some monies, if you don't want the murder.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Finances are so bad right now that I can't attend the con any more, and so by way of that I can't bring any cookies. I'm more worried about where I'm going to live than I am baking. Really sorry. :(

Oh jeez, yeah worry about getting life handled first. We'll miss you though! If its not to crazy maybe one of us can put together a PAX care package for you.
    Kiashien wrote: »
    I will murder an orphanage and donate the entire looting funds for root beer space invader candies.

...Or just donate some monies, if you don't want the murder.

>_>

<_<

No orphanage murder!

And here I was worried they wouldn't be in demand. I'll be making the first batch this weekend and having my lovely assistant and boyfriend Robziel try them out since he likes Rootbeer flavored stuff (I was born with the communist gene apparently so I don't like rootbeer). There will be some at least, but they may be rather limited edition. I'll be posting whenever I go out distributing on twitter (@Ransim) and I always bring the candy with me.

ransim on