As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[East] Cookie Brigade EAST 2012 - Bake Cookies, help Child's Play!

• woolykittenwoolykitten Registered User regular
    Thank you so much!

http://www.cookie-brigade.com/groups/pax-east-2012/forum/topic/official-meeting-times-and-locations/

Log in to the cookie brigade website and the info is at the link above.[/quote]

• ransimransim Registered User regular
    I'm already registered on the site, and posted there. I'm back to distribute again this year.

@rascal and @woolykitten please PM me your email addresses and I will send you the brigade email with all of the information you'll need.

If you did not do the survey and have no received the PAX East email please PM me so I can send you a copy. It has a lot of incredibly important information all in one place.

• rascalrascal Registered User regular
    Thanks, ransim --just pm'd you my email addy.

H
    rascal wrote: »
    Thanks, ransim --just pm'd you my email addy.

Hope you got the information last night. I'm currently on the train enroute to PAX if anyone needs anything else feel free to toss me a PM and I'll try to get back to you.

@ransim, got the info, thanks! just finished labelling 2 dozen ziploc bags of "Minecraft Texture Pack", and will drop these off tomorrow morning.
    anzlti.jpg

• sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    just weighed my backpack and between the cookies, gameboy / ds stuff, a camelpack candy for trading and some belt buckles my bags 25 pounds .... i hope i find the drop off fast when i get off the train

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    Here are the special, limited edition cookies I am bringing.
    Mustaches: Two to a bag Pink/Purple, Blue/Green, White/Chocolate JimmiesDSCN1388-crop.jpg
    Minecraft Creeper w/Pop rocks and Gunpowder DSCN1387-crop.jpg
    Portal: Two to bag Person & Portal DSCN1385-crop.jpg
    Advengers: Two per bag DSCN1386-crop.jpg

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • d0ughb0yd0ughb0y Registered User regular
    I've got 6 dozen chocolate chip chunk, 2 dozen oatmeal raisin, and a dozen italian lace cookies(although they might not make it because they're crumbling... I started with 2 dozen)

Here are the special, limited edition cookies I am bringing.
    Fantastic looking cookies! I'm bringing a couple of my children today, and I know they will be eager to donate money to Child's Play and get a closer look at those AVengers and Creepers. :)

Cookies droped off

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Lady Lillybel, those are SOO COOL!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    I didn't see any Cookie Brigadiers today until 11:15pm when I asked in BYOC if I could get some cookies. You guys could seriously make a killing if you swung by the D&D/Tabletop area now and then - a lot of the D&D events/games take 2-3 hours or more, and our table of 7 people would have bought dozens of cookies (Sorry if I annoyed anyone with my repeated tweets pleading for cookies. We were hungry).

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    I noticed that too while walking around.
    I'm in costume and distributing - but don't have twitter access atm, will try to swing by for coverage :)

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    flatline wrote: »
    I didn't see any Cookie Brigadiers today until 11:15pm when I asked in BYOC if I could get some cookies. You guys could seriously make a killing if you swung by the D&D/Tabletop area now and then - a lot of the D&D events/games take 2-3 hours or more, and our table of 7 people would have bought dozens of cookies (Sorry if I annoyed anyone with my repeated tweets pleading for cookies. We were hungry).

Apologies, we've been a bit short on distributors, and Internet was not so great. We'll try to keep that area covered today!

fss_overall.png
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Attention anyone who's interested
    aerynkelly wrote: »
    flatline wrote: »

Apologies, we've been a bit short on distributors, and Internet was not so great. We'll try to keep that area covered today!

I headed over there but didn't know where you guys were, so hit up the D&D line instead. :( Also, keep tweeting! If the intertoobs are slow, we'll have a better chance of getting your message if it doesn't come through right away.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • honeybunbadgerhoneybunbadger Deliciously Ambivelent! Boston, MARegistered User new member
    You folks are doing wonderful work :> Keep it up! And mmmmMmmm, delicious!

Final numbers for the Cookie Brigade at PAX East 2012:

$13,020.28 to the Child's Play Charity

Thank you everyone for being awesome, welcoming and incredibly generous!

Thank you to our incredible distributors and bakers this year for making that amazing number possible.

And <3 and thanks to the enforcers, for always being ready to help us out, you guys make this possible and the brigadiers are immensely thankful to have you guys behind us with either a loud voice to announce our presence or your willingness to stop and help a brigadier when we need assistance.

• d0ughb0yd0ughb0y Registered User regular
    That is SO awesome. I'm proud of you guys!

• EthrinilEthrinil Registered User regular
    Congrats on the awesome work. You guys deserve so much more recognition! Thanks again, to everyone for all your hard work.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Congrats on the total!

Also, whoever made the Oreos baked inside of the chocolate chip cookies... I love you, the one I got was damn delicious.

• ErickaJoErickaJo MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I had a great time distributing. PAX people are the best people.

Also, my husband got a hold of one of those combustable lemons. Those were fantastic!

• MalkaraMalkara Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Next time, bring more cookies on the pokecrawl. I didn't buy nearly enough.

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    ransim wrote: »

Thank you to our incredible distributors and bakers this year for making that amazing number possible.

And <3 and thanks to the enforcers, for always being ready to help us out, you guys make this possible and the brigadiers are immensely thankful to have you guys behind us with either a loud voice to announce our presence or your willingness to stop and help a brigadier when we need assistance.

Eeeee! Amazing!!!! :D

Ln5yLL7.png
    Krissta wrote: »

Gotta make sure we get the banner updated, $57,900 is the total now!

• MrGone1980MrGone1980 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Thanks to the cookie brigaders and your selfless barrage of empty calories.

I want to make special mention to whoever made the brownie-filled chocolate chip cookies, they're one of the best cookies I've had in ages and are an inspired idea on the level of partitioned bread and the spork. I've told EVERYONE I know about them...might want to copyright that shit.

EDIT: I was the weird dude in the blazer who donated for the rest that you had. I don't think you could've brought enough of those.

MrGone1980 on
  • KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    That's awesome!!!!!!

hey, who was the guy with the Bacon Chocolate Cookies?!
    Oh gods! Those were amazing, I was taking little bites of them all day trying to make it last. So good!

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Krissta wrote: »

Gotta make sure we get the banner updated, $57,900 is the total now!
    Yup! I'll update it tomorrow. :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    That is such an incredible number! Much <3 to all involved in the Cookie Brigade!

fss_overall.png
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    I wanted to give a big shout-out and thanks to everyone who supported the Cookie Brigade and Child's Play by donating this year: you guys are amazing, we love you!

Also, a big thanks to the Bakers and Distributors without whom there wouldn't be secret cookie eating at PAX! I hope to see you all again at PAX Prime (or East, if you can't make it to Prime! =) )

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    Had such a great time as a distributor. Maybe next year I'll have a not-dumb-phone so I can follow tweets ... but either way - I'm in again next year :D

• LuptoniumLuptonium Registered User regular
    Whoever did the chocolate chip cookies with the oreos in the middle.... That was one of the most awesome cookies I have ever eaten.

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    Yay! I'm really glad you had a good time Ishtra, it was great having you distribute with us!

And indeed Luptonium, those were made by none other than Punzie - the same gal who runs the MMT, and will be leading logistics for the Cookie Brigade at the next PAX East! =)

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    @VThornheart - expect to see me in some liaison stuff. I'm planning to be in costume again but want to be more in the loop for next year :D You guys kicked Massive booty, so I have a score to beat!

did any one get my ginger snaps 3 to a bag, i would love to hear if they were ok

• maryboo247maryboo247 Registered User regular
    To whoever made the gluten-free peanut butter cookies, those were amazing!

• CallionymidaeCallionymidae Registered User new member
    You guys were lifesavers this year, always magically appearing while I was starving waiting in line! Also, the katamari balls? Little balls of cookie heaven, I am going to buy at least one billion of them next year. Thank you so much!

• MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    Such a fun experience. I'm sad now that now I can't run up to a crowd of people with cookies and get the same response I did a couple days ago.... Ah well- always next PAX :)
    You guys rock!

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Just wanted to give a huge thanks to the Cookie Brigade. Not only for helping a great cause but for stopping my hunger pains. The snickerdoodles were amazing!!

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • ZelkovaZelkova Registered User regular
    Although I was not officially a distributor, I did help @MASeffect out with handing out cookies. It was an absolute blast! It's so great to see so many people eager to donate to Child's Play. Definitely going to sign up to be a distributor next PAX. Thanks for the chance to get to help. It was fun!

hakuinhiso7091343754211.png
  • Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    We had a blast baking and distributing! There are a lot of kind souls attending PAX this year. This gentleman happened to be standing behind us for a panel we barely got to in time. It was a short conversation but he loved what we do. I gave him one of the Cookie cards. digitalnoob.com/events/love-cookies-pax/

Here's my nice after con story: Sunday after the con finished, we headed to South Station for a quick eat before our commuter train boarded. We passed this table of 7ish kids ages 3-9 with their moms/aunts. One woman said, "Oh look, an Easter Bunny." I had some candy and cookies I was taking home to my brother in my basket still. I asked permission to leave some goodies for the kids. I pulled out a handful, left them on the table and wished everyone a Happy Easter.

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!