As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[East] Cookie Brigade EAST 2012 - Bake Cookies, help Child's Play!

• ransimransim Registered User regular
    An important note, we ran out of cookies/noms to give out this year early on Sunday. Which is incredible considering how much we had left over last year.

So next year we need MOAR bakers and MOAR distributors to show Prime what for!

• VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    ransim wrote: »
    Final numbers for the Cookie Brigade at PAX East 2012:

$13,020.28 to the Child's Play Charity

Thank you everyone for being awesome, welcoming and incredibly generous!

Thank you to our incredible distributors and bakers this year for making that amazing number possible.

And <3 and thanks to the enforcers, for always being ready to help us out, you guys make this possible and the brigadiers are immensely thankful to have you guys behind us with either a loud voice to announce our presence or your willingness to stop and help a brigadier when we need assistance.

WOW! That's amazing! Super Glad we could assist this year!

Vapok on
    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    Yes- @Zelkova helped me so much with distributing! :) We're trying to make it possible to go to prime.... we shall see!

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Thanks LexiconGirl!

Vapok on
    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
    Vapok wrote: »
    Final numbers for the Cookie Brigade at PAX East 2012:

$13,020.28 to the Child's Play Charity

Thank you everyone for being awesome, welcoming and incredibly generous!

Thank you to our incredible distributors and bakers this year for making that amazing number possible.

And <3 and thanks to the enforcers, for always being ready to help us out, you guys make this possible and the brigadiers are immensely thankful to have you guys behind us with either a loud voice to announce our presence or your willingness to stop and help a brigadier when we need assistance.

WOW! That's amazing! Super Glad we could assist this year!

Thanks for not booting my stuff out of BYOC while I was waiting to announce the numbers at closing ceremonies.

All of the enforcers were incredibly helpful this year, you guys rock.

• HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that you can update the total by about $266, there were a number of cookies from the brigade sitting in a box with a bag for donations and I collected the last of those donations and got them to Kristin. :)

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Also, the katamari balls? Little balls of cookie heaven, I am going to buy at least one billion of them next year. Thank you so much!

I'm so glad you enjoyed them! but next year, like always, there will be no buying! only the joy of giving and the joy of donating! :)

thanks to whoever ended up handing out the rest of my katamari balls on sunday; I was just too sick to do the last 3 dozen myself!

and thanks to whoever it was that gave the sampler basket to jerry and called out the katamari balls specifically. there was definitely a swelling of pride when I heard that they were thought good enough to make the cut!!!

much <3 to my fellow brigadiers. after three years of baking and distributing, I think it's still my favorite part of PAX, and couldn't imagine PAX without the brigade. you are all AMAZING.

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
    edited April 2012
    Hypatia wrote: »
    Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that you can update the total by about $266, there were a number of cookies from the brigade sitting in a box with a bag for donations and I collected the last of those donations and got them to Kristin. :)

Oh wow Hypatia thats awesome, especially considering the almost 600 I saw you drop off on Sunday believe from the enforcers.

Was that the stuff that was in the box VT left at the Info booth for people? If so.. wow!

Also, the katamari balls? Little balls of cookie heaven, I am going to buy at least one billion of them next year. Thank you so much!

I'm so glad you enjoyed them! but next year, like always, there will be no buying! only the joy of giving and the joy of donating! :)

thanks to whoever ended up handing out the rest of my katamari balls on sunday; I was just too sick to do the last 3 dozen myself!

and thanks to whoever it was that gave the sampler basket to jerry and called out the katamari balls specifically. there was definitely a swelling of pride when I heard that they were thought good enough to make the cut!!!

much <3 to my fellow brigadiers. after three years of baking and distributing, I think it's still my favorite part of PAX, and couldn't imagine PAX without the brigade. you are all AMAZING.

Aeryn put together the basket and it had one of almost every type of theme cookie that was donated to the brigade this year. So I really hope the guys enjoyed it, we thought, considering its Easter, it would be cool to give them an Easter basket.

ransim on
  • jjjewelsjjjewels TorontoRegistered User regular
    Agreed. Katamari cake balls were addictive. How much crack did you put in there???

• TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    maryboo247 wrote: »
    To whoever made the gluten-free peanut butter cookies, those were amazing!
    I think a couple of us made those. Did they have the classic "fork marks" across the top? If so, those were mine and thanks for the compliment!
    I will definitely be making those again next year. I teared up when the total was announced at closing. It felt wonderful knowing that I helped make that possible.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    did any one get my ginger snaps 3 to a bag, i would love to hear if they were ok

I handed out quite a few - the people who asked for them seemed to really like them!

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • honeybunbadgerhoneybunbadger Deliciously Ambivelent! Boston, MARegistered User new member
    I just want to leave a note of congratulations to all the Cookie Brigaders.... it just MADE the PAXEast experience for me and my friends and we were blown away by everyone's generosity. Seeing the totals collected for Child's Play just blows me away.

I am ABSOLUTELY determined to be involved next year, because you guys are doing amazing work That, and, HOLY CRAP! Double-Stuf Oreos IN a chocolate chip cookie? All my cookie dreams came true this year..... :)

• stebuustebuu Crabs are fucking crazy, and I hate horses Registered User regular
    I was going to sign up for Cookie Brigade PAX East 2013 (I believe in planning ahead) but one of the groups on the signup website is "PAX East 2011".

How'd you know about my time machine?

• MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    did any one get my ginger snaps 3 to a bag, i would love to hear if they were ok

I had some! DEEEEEELICIOUS! I couldnt resist carrying them around without popping one in my mouth on occasion. The other ones I really liked were the Brownie Cookie Crunches. OMONOMONOMNOMONOMNOM!

lloyehipr7341342326762.png

stebuu wrote: »
    I was going to sign up for Cookie Brigade PAX East 2013 (I believe in planning ahead) but one of the groups on the signup website is "PAX East 2011".

How'd you know about my time machine?

Yeah the old groups are still there, we've been in discussion about setting up a new site with a more straight forward set up. Hopefully that will happen sometime in the next few months.

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    i was so glad i finally got to try the world famous oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies. unbelievable! also, someone had a chocolate chocolate chip cookie that my whole group went completely crazy for. we got it at the thursday night westin gaming. any way someone would be willing to part with that recipe? they were outrageously good.

while i still think i may be too timid to distribute, i'm thinking i'd really like to bake for the brigade next year. it will be my 3rd pax, so i think it's time to start giving back.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • sparklejsparklej Registered User regular
    I make amazing vegan and non-vegan treats, and would love to bake and distribute for PAX East 2013. I wasn't allowed to do so this year, and wasn't contacted prior to PAX East 2012 to prove that I'm a real person who wants to bake for charity, so I'm de-lurking to say that my cookies are awesome and you should let me join. How should I go about asking for permission to join the Cookie Brigade for PAX East 2013? Do I have to submit another request?

Please register again, I believe we've cleared the queue out on the site. We have to verify everyone who joins is part of the PAX Community, the brigade is a covert charity operation, IE we aren't given official clearance to give out food and raise money at PAX. We're guerilla fund raisers.

We're always happy to take new people though and need it. One of the reasons we were so successful this year at East was having 25 distributors and a ton of bakers. We still managed to run out early Sunday. But the more bakers and distributors we have the easier it is to raise more money.

I completely understand why you have to verify people. That's not what I'm bummed about. I'm bummed that I sent my registration request in early February and didn't get a response (and a negative one at that) until after PAX East. I'm not an active participant in the community here, I just wanted a chance to participate and expected an email or something asking me about my intent. I just sent my registration again, and got the same message as last time, so I know my registration is at least in the queue again. The Cookie Brigade Twitter Operator said that you all sent me a PM last time, which did not show up in my inbox. Perhaps I'll have better luck this time.

sparklej wrote: »
    I completely understand why you have to verify people. That's not what I'm bummed about. I'm bummed that I sent my registration request in early February and didn't get a response (and a negative one at that) until after PAX East. I'm not an active participant in the community here, I just wanted a chance to participate and expected an email or something asking me about my intent. I just sent my registration again, and got the same message as last time, so I know my registration is at least in the queue again. The Cookie Brigade Twitter Operator said that you all sent me a PM last time, which did not show up in my inbox. Perhaps I'll have better luck this time.

That's actually kind of odd. I know we had one user that didn't get the PM because apparently the PA forums lock PMing for brand new users I wonder if we may have just missed it. There are only three of us who do the user registrations along with trying to get other items ready. So I do apologize it may have been missed or someone may have thought another person had sent the PM.

I just looked and saw your registration, you're obviously a PA person, so I've gone ahead and approved your membership.

Again apologies, we are looking into a new website and system for handling this to hopefully iron out the wrinkles.

• aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    I know I sent a PM previously, so not sure what happened there.

fss_overall.png
    I'm in! Hooray for cookies! I won't be able to do anything for Prime (no funds for travel), but I look forward to PAX East 2013! Thanks for sorting this out.

aerynkelly wrote: »
    I know I sent a PM previously, so not sure what happened there.

I'm wondering if its related to the issue another user had with being unable to PM on a brand new account?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    That's actually kind of odd. I know we had one user that didn't get the PM because apparently the PA forums lock PMing for brand new users I wonder if we may have just missed it.

If this is true, @sparklej may not have been able to receive it, since @sparklej had exactly zero posts before posting in this thread just today.

zerzhul wrote: »
    That's actually kind of odd. I know we had one user that didn't get the PM because apparently the PA forums lock PMing for brand new users I wonder if we may have just missed it.

If this is true, @sparklej may not have been able to receive it, since @sparklej had exactly zero posts before posting in this thread just today.

I didn't realize I needed to have posts on the record in order to be able to have PMing privileges. I hardly ever log in to forums I read, unless I really need to comment on something (which I hadn't until today). I'll know better for next time.

• kid_nyckid_nyc Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Just wanted to say that I caught more CB'ers at E!ast this year, which was awesome.

With that being said: the chocolate covered bacon, yoshi eggs, and peanut butter rice crispy ball things were great. Kudos to whoever made them.

Congradulations friends, for the big response and all the funds raised. Awesome! So happy for all of you! Thank you!!!!

kid_nyc on
  • CaveCibumCaveCibum Registered User regular
    I'm so glad I got to bake for Cookie Brigade this year, and now I'm thinking I might even distribute next year. Thanks everyone!!

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    sparklej wrote: »
    I make amazing vegan and non-vegan treats, and would love to bake and distribute for PAX East 2013. I wasn't allowed to do so this year, and wasn't contacted prior to PAX East 2012 to prove that I'm a real person who wants to bake for charity, so I'm de-lurking to say that my cookies are awesome and you should let me join. How should I go about asking for permission to join the Cookie Brigade for PAX East 2013? Do I have to submit another request?

Also make sure that you check this thread often. If we can't get hold of you any other way, we'll post to the current Cookie Brigade thread there asking you to contact us so that we can get your application moving.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ah, I was so confused until a few moments ago when I checked this thread! The mystery of what happened to sparklej has already been resolved I see. =) Sorry that we couldn't get you in this time around, but we look forward to having you with us at the next PAX East!

EDIT: Also sparklej, I'm as surprised as you are about not recieving PMs if you don't post! I had no idea about that until today... it makes me wonder how many other people have been denied access to the Cookie Brigade because they never received the messages we sent, and so we could never confirm who they were and assumed that they'd just decided not to join after all.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    @browncoatbeth, I am so sad I didn't manage to find you this year! Punzie told me you were feeling under the weather. We'll meet up next year for sure.

Also I am sad I did not officially manage to blackout on Cookie Brigade bingo! But I did my best and had a lot of fun, got to meet a ton of cookie brigadiers, and ate a lot of cookies! Thanks to everyone who helped me with it. You all were wonderful. And your cookies were delicious. And special thanks to Lexi for just being the gosh-darn nicest person on the entire planet. <3

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    Propriety wrote: »
    @browncoatbeth, I am so sad I didn't manage to find you this year! Punzie told me you were feeling under the weather. We'll meet up next year for sure.

Also I am sad I did not officially manage to blackout on Cookie Brigade bingo! But I did my best and had a lot of fun, got to meet a ton of cookie brigadiers, and ate a lot of cookies! Thanks to everyone who helped me with it. You all were wonderful. And your cookies were delicious. And special thanks to Lexi for just being the gosh-darn nicest person on the entire planet. <3

I'm glad you had fun with Bingo :) I didn't hear from any Bingo players all weekend, and since I wasn't doing much distributing myself I was a bit concerned that no one was playing!

fss_overall.png
    edited April 2012
    And special thanks to Lexi for just being the gosh-darn nicest person on the entire planet. <3

:mrgreen: Awwww....

@aerynkelly - Bingo was a huge hit. Methinks it's going to become a PAX tradition.

LexiconGrrl on
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular

yeah, I had the pox pretty hard, only made it out on saturday for 3 hours! but definitely next year!

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • honeybunbadgerhoneybunbadger Deliciously Ambivelent! Boston, MARegistered User new member
    edited April 2012
    HI @sparklej! It was nice knitting behind you in the D&D seminar! And we did finally find that knitting meetup - on the absolute opposite end of TableTop from where you were. You looked like you were enjoying yourself, so I didn't want to budge you. ;)

honeybunbadger on
  • GeekyPrincessGeekyPrincess Registered User regular
    I'm trying to figure out how to break the news to my husband that we'll be using some of our baggage allowance on our flight up for cookies! On the upside I'll have more room to bring things back this way. :D

Cookie Brigade Prime 2011 and 2012!
    Shipping cookies for Prime 2013
    edited April 2012
    Okay! A handful of folks with brigade applications have been approved on the Cookie Brigade website. If you're still waiting to be approved, please PM me on this forum. Also check your PM inbox.

Looking for the following folks or anyone who knows the following folks:
    Liyana
    Britality
    Redskul
    pyRosey
    Sheen16

LexiconGrrl on
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    On the upside I'll have more room to bring things back this way. :D
    that sounds like the best part of the argument :D

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • TeknoMonkeyTeknoMonkey Registered User regular
    Thank you Cookie Brigade (distributors and bakers) for the wonderful treats during the weekend and congratulations on your achievement. After having no cookies for at least 6 weeks prior to PAX East, your gift of cookie goodness was a great thing to see during the weekend and I've been snacking on the stuff I got from you guys all this week. I hope to get more in the future. Till then, continue the great work that you've been doing.

@Britality & @FatherVenom, you guys are both approved on the Brigade website.

For anyone else who is waiting for approval, send me a PM, thanks!

• BritalityBritality Registered User regular
    Hooray! I'm so excited to be a part of this. I'm glad I got to meet a few of you over the course of PAX East (and enjoy some of the goodies, too)!