Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Awesome: 'MINECRAFT! CUUUUBEEEESSSSSSSS' by Rankenphile

RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazedby the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
edited October 2011 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
Knob wrote:
is there a way to make wooden blocks

this hovel i've constructed from crafting tables is a little embarassing

you know those wooden plank pieces you made the crafting tables out of?

those are wooden blocks

the wiki is here

also, you should set the boy down in front of minecraft for a couple hours and see what happens

this game is fucking great for kids

• CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Agreed, this is awesome because I too can bring credence to that this is a great game to sit my young daughter down to play with. I tried a physics game that you draw like MSpaint before but she seems to grasp this a lot quicker and thus has a lot more fun with just breaking blocks and then placing them, she hasn't really done much beyond that other than chase the animals, drown, and exclaim dismay that the monsters don't go down before her character does.

steam_sig.png