As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSPA: my tenuous grasp on the mspa thread is nearing its end

unintentionalunintentional smellyRegistered User regular
edited November 2011 in Social Entropy++
03116.gif

this is still the best part of homestuck

unintentional on

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    What the hell is going on with the old thread?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I made an hilarious joke about the old thread getting cancer

wait no it wasn't really a hilarious joke, I just said "looks like this thread has ... cancer."

and then

... shades.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    gary, put every track art from volume 8 in the op

flood the thread with art

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    do you like my OP

e: nerd i'll wait til it's on page 2 to do that, it's annoying when the OP is gigantic and people have to scroll past it every post

unintentional on
  • Options
    Thetheroo wrote:

it's a bug that happens occasionally

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Everything appears to be from October 19th in the old thread

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    We're getting rid of spoilers at midnight EST. If you haven't watched it by then and you wander in here it's your own fault. If you cry, we'll all drink well tonight.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    you finally did it, mspa thread

you broke everything

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    i love it

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    do you all like my new signature

• Options
    speed, I wanted to say that it's really cool of you to comb through the story for analysis like you are and that I appreciate it

but the post got eaten by the bug

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    Thetheroo wrote:

it's a bug that happens occasionally

I might comb through the thread later just to see if the newest posts are on some random page.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    One thing I am curious about is why the exile stations can send things to the parent session/universe.

Exile networking I suppose, working together to assure the most bestest tomorrow

it seems like one could potentially follow the stations back and back and back and back and back

I suppose that is why it appears to be SOP to blow those things up

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    still reading through the last thread

stop being dicks to bugboy :\

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    So I finally got around to posting about this after being at work for 10+ hours.

I also came across something while there that blew my mind.

I apologize if this has been already mentioned, but I didnt see anything about it so
    At work the only thing homestuck related I can read is the wiki. So I had been feverishly refreshing the recently updated page to see how they worded the mass of new info. When I went to Jades Page to see the update there, I noticed something right before it in her info I completely forgot that was VERY important. When she made her deal with her denizen for the forge her end of the deal was that when they did their scratch she had to find a way to bring their sessions planets with them into the new session. This amazed me because it answered two things
    1. Why the hell she was shrinking all those planets in the first place
    2. That for sure she was taking them to the beginning of the new session through the fourth wall.

I mean the second part was pretty obvious I guess but this removed all doubt from it. However, as far as I know the new session is nowhere near where the trolls are going to meet up with everyone. Of course if the Green Sun actually WAs created and not destroyed, Jade should have the power to get there easilly upon delivering the planets. But if it actually was destroyed...

Also thanks a fucking lot rourus, I spent 15 minutes typing this shit only to be kicked off the page because it was locked, so I had to do it ALL over again >_<

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Do you know

we had

until you

but you knew that

didn't you

Seriously on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

it is the best

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote:
    One thing I am curious about is why the exile stations can send things to the parent session/universe.

Exile networking I suppose, working together to assure the most bestest tomorrow

it seems like one could potentially follow the stations back and back and back and back and back

What I find interesting is that it sends them straight to the other side of the entrance to it's own session.

Not just any random location, but right to the door leading to the universe that station is located in.

Just seems very unusual.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    flood the thread with art

Can do.
    21022.png
    21027.jpg
    21018.png
    21002.png
    20995.jpg

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Kai_San wrote:
    So I finally got around to posting about this after being at work for 10+ hours.

I apologize if this has been already mentioned, but I didnt see anything about it so
    At work the only thing homestuck related I can read is the wiki. So I had been feverishly refreshing the recently updated page to see how they worded the mass of new info. When I went to Jades Page to see the update there, I noticed something right before it in her info I completely forgot that was VERY important. When she made her deal with her denizen for the forge her end of the deal was that when they did their scratch she had to find a way to bring their sessions planets with them into the new session. This amazed me because it answered two things
    2. That for sure she was taking them to the beginning of the new session through the fourth wall.

I mean the second part was pretty obvious I guess but this removed all doubt from it. However, as far as I know the new session is nowhere near where the trolls are going to meet up with everyone. Of course if the Green Sun actually WAs created and not destroyed, Jade should have the power to get there easilly upon delivering the planets. But if it actually was destroyed...

Also thanks a fucking lot rourus, I spent 15 minutes typing this shit only to be kicked off the page because it was locked, so I had to do it ALL over again >_<

Hey, at least you weren't typing up, say, an entire summary of what went down in the flash. Had I been doing THAT at the time of the glitch, I'd have been fucking pissed.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Kai_San wrote:

her space powers operate independently of the green sun

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options

I was waiting for the image to load, until I realized it was just empty space created by your title/location thing.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    ======>
    GC: H3Y WH1T3 T3XT GUY
    GC: 1 H4V3 4 T1P FOR YOU
    How were you able to contact me?
    Never mind, I figured it out instantly.
    GC: R34LLY?
    Yes, through my limitless intellect.
    Occasionally I discover there are things I have not always known.
    It gives me the opportunity to make deductions, which are practically always flawless.
    It's gratifying.

GC: UH OK
    GC: TH4TS N34T 1 GU3SS
    You asked your clever friend with the colorful spectacles to trace the source of my messages.
    He then established a relay for your messages to reach this source through some sort of computational proxy.
    I gather he has recovered from his implementation as a weapon in the sabotage of your mutual friend, whom you both believe to be dead.

GC: OH MY GOD WH1T3 T3XT GUY!
    GC: SHUT UP! >:O
    GC: 1M TRY1NG TO G1V3 YOU 4 M3SS4G3 H3R3
    I have a name.
    It is not White Text Guy.
    GC: OH WHAT 1S 1T
    I'm not going to tell you my name.
    But if you wish, you may refer to me as Mr. Vanilla Milkshake.

GC: YOU 4R3 SO W31RD
    GC: WHY WOULD 1 DO TH4T
    It is perfectly in keeping with a habit which you will develop in the future.
    GC: 1 DOUBT 1T
    Why?
    GC: SOUNDS K1ND OF S1LLY 4ND FR1VOLOUS
    GC: BL4R WHY DO YOU K33P D3R41L1NG M3!
    GC: YOUR3 R1GHT SOLLUX 1S WORK1NG W1TH M3 4ND W3 H4V3 1MPORT4NT BUS1N3SS FOR YOU TO CONS1D3R
    GC: W41T
    GC: YOU S41D W3 B3L13V3 OUR FR13ND 1S D34D
    GC: 1S SH3 NOT?
    Yes, I said you believe she is dead.
    And soon, you will believe she is not.
    Both statements are true.
    And yet each exhibits a trace of falsehood.

GC: WOW WHY D1D 1 BOTH3R 4SK1NG
    GC: NO WOND3R SH3 SN4PP3D SH3S GOT TO D34L W1TH YOUR STUP1D R1DDL3S 4LL TH3 T1M3
    GC: 4NYW4Y C4N YOU JUST H3LP M3 G3T R3V3NG3 SO W3 C4N C4LL 1T 4 N1GHT
    Why would I involve myself in your paltry feud beyond the extent I already have?
    I believe the need to exert such influence has come to an end.
    GC: B3C4US3 YOULL W4NT TO
    GC: WH3N YOU H34R WH4T 1 H4V3 TO S4Y
    I doubt it.
    GC: H4V3NT YOU WOND3R3D HOW SH3 C4N COM3 CLOS3 TO B34T1NG YOU 1N G4M3S L4T3LY
    GC: HON3STLY 1M SURPR1S3D YOU H4V3NT D3DUC3D 1T Y3T
    GC: W1TH YOUR SH1NY WH1T3 SUP3RBR41N
    [color]It's disturbing.
    But sometimes that is the nature of these hollows in my perception.
    It feels a bit like dark water, sloshing about the cavity in my head. [/color]
    What do you know of this?
    GC: SH3S CH34T1NG
    GC: SH3 4LW4YS CH34TS 1F SH3 C4N F1ND 4 W4Y
    GC: L4T3LY SH3S US3D TH3 S4M3 4DV4NT4G3 SH3 US3S 4G41NST M3 WH3N W3 PL4Y G4M3S
    GC: BUT SH3 TOLD M3 4BOUT 1T
    GC: SH3 T3LLS M3 LOTS OF STUFF L1K3 TH4T PROB4BLY TO RUB 1T 1N MY F4C3
    GC: BUT SH3D N3V3R R1SK T3LL1NG YOU
    What advantage is this?
    GC: HOLD ON
    GC: 1 H4V3 TO T4LK TO YOUR P4RTN3R 1N CR1M3 FOR 4 S3COND >:]
    I thought you were hers.
    GC: >:P

Text from the first, brief, Doc Scratch interlude:
    [In fact, I think it would be for the best if I commandeered the narrative completely for a while. I trust you won't mind if I speak in white. It's not actually negotiable, but as a courtesy I will enclose my words between a pair of visually audible brackets.

I am doing this because I can.
    ]

[I am also doing it because I am expecting a guest to arrive shortly. This should enable me to show the man the sort of hospitality he deserves, while doing the same for you.

My apartment doesn't have a doorbell.
    Why would an omniscient fellow need to be alerted to the presence of a visitor? I know he will be right on time. Which is to say, early. And if I did have a doorbell, you would have just witnessed it ring.

He is already here.
    ]

[My door is not fitted with a peephole either. Those without eyes or without limits to their knowledge have no need for peeping, and I am without either. I have never once peeped at or through something, and I doubt I ever will.

Apertures built into physical surfaces to reveal what's hidden behind them are for those with particular handicaps. They are for those lacking advanced vision to render the opaque permeable to light, or those lacking advanced knowledge to render the concealed information irrelevant, or both. They are for people who I call suckers.

I know the identity of anyone who stands behind this door, even in those cases where I have not extended an invitation to the visitor personally.
    Pardon me while I let Jack inside.]

[Did you not believe it would be Jack? Who else would it be? Someone who would have suspected anyone else is a person I would also describe as a sucker.

Haa haa.

Hee hee.

Hoo hoo.

Hello, Slick. Won't you please ent...]

[Oh for heaven's sake.]

[Jack. Stop it.

Jack.

Slick?

Which would you prefer I call you? It's one of the strange points of uncertainty which surrounds you. [ I'm bolding this because I wonder what other points of uncertainty surround Spades Slick and/or Jack Noir.] Maybe it is that you don't particularly care. Your flair is for the plain and serviceable, isn't it? Not much of your vanity is tied up in a name, I'd guess.

Not going to tell me? Fine, I won't tell you my name either.

Well, I might. If you would just show some manners and stop hitting me with that ridiculous horse hitcher. I won't crack no matter how senseless the drubbing. If only it were that simple. [That last bit is interesting because it seems to imply that Scratch is in fact interested in dying.]

You're not going to stop, are you. It will be very difficult to discuss our points of mutual interest like this. I was prepared to go about it in a civilized way, even though I knew very well I would spend the first several minutes of our meeting sitting on the floor while being flogged. I have even prepared a bowl of candy for you, which I know you will enjoy. Courtesy is important, Jack.

Do you have anything at all to say? Any form of communication you care to attempt beyond the sound iron makes against my head repeatedly?

No, of course not.]

[What's that? I see. You think you already know my name. You do not know my real name, Jack, just as none of your adversaries on this planet know yours. You only know my nickname.

It's a good nickname too. Befitting of the passive gunslinger charged with initiating the break. I am my master's weapon. His soldier in a war of one bullet fired. But when that bullet clears the barrel, it won't be my finger on the trigger. [Bolded because it's double-true! Metaphorically and literally.] I'm a facilitator, not an assassin.]

[Here.

Jack, why don't you go help yourself to some candy over there on the table? There is something I need to take care of before we continue. I won't be long.]

[Yes, good. Placate yourself with the scottie dogs, Slick. My supply is bottomless. I am an excellent host. [YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!]]

color=royalblue]When I am finished with this minor interruption, we will resume our gentlemanly negotiation. I will proceed to beat you severely until you agree to do what I ask. I trust you won't take it personally.[/color

color=royalblue] I have to talk to a teenage girl from another universe.[/color

Nothin' so far but here comes the Rose convo!

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Guys guys guys what if FedoraFreak is
    Dad

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    guys guys what if zay is
    a loser, gary was here

ducklett.gif
  • Options
    Zay wrote:
    Guys guys guys what if FedoraFreak is
    Dad
    That's been speculated for a while, now.

It might also be someone from another session.

Possibly an alternate Dad. Or even a younger grandpa harley, as one of the main players.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Goatmon wrote:
    Seriously wrote:

What I find interesting is that it sends them straight to the other side of the entrance to it's own session.

Not just any random location, but right to the door leading to the universe that station is located in.

Just seems very unusual.
    goodness that gives me all sorts of out-there ideas

It doesn't seem too far-fetched to say that there are apparently some circumstances where the exiles of the child universe might want to visit the victorious players of the parent session before they step through

Perhaps if the child universe isn't optimal they could offer the players the choice of scratching and maybe getting it right next time or accept stepping into an imperfect universe

goodness I haven't wildly speculated like this in a while

Seriously on
  • Options
    why would dad have two serious business accounts

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    still reading through the last thread

stop being dicks to bugboy :\

it's cool

it reminded me that I don't actually like homestuck very much and don't want to put the effort into it

plus the eoa was underwhelming

and so I fufilled a promise of mine from a few threads back
    can't find the post where I made this promise, but whatever

• Options
    UrscaUrsca Registered User regular
    Nothin' so far but here comes the Rose convo!
    Lookin' forward to this.

I seem to remember that the wording is very subtle.
    I'm going to guess that you find very few, if any lies that he doesn't deliberately point out, but a lot of misleading statements.

• Options
    Also remember that he thinks the concept "Lie of omission" is a load of bullshit.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    was it didge and ... someone else who were saying they didn't like
    Puppy PM? Because I went and watched the flash, and you're right, the eyes are very close together - but that's actually always been part of PM's design.

00896.gif

So blame Andrew basically

• Options
    oh I do

I do

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

Post Scratch!

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Zay wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

Post Scratch!

Guys guys guys.

Post Scratch.

MAIL.

GET IT?!

• Options
    ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    Okay this album sorta makes up for how unspectacular the flash was.

• Options
    Good things for everyone!

• Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    This new op is barren

REVOLT

• Options
    Seriously wrote:
    Goatmon wrote:
    Seriously wrote:

Just seems very unusual.
    goodness that gives me all sorts of out-there ideas

It doesn't seem too far-fetched to say that there are apparently some circumstances where the exiles of the child universe might want to visit the victorious players of the parent session before they step through

Perhaps if the child universe isn't optimal they could offer the players the choice of scratching and maybe getting it right next time or accept stepping into an imperfect universe

goodness I haven't wildly speculated like this in a while
    Yeah but I doubt the door actually appears until the child session has been completed. No point in a door that doesn't go anywhere.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Important and vital question about Jade:
    Are her dog ears part of the dogtier outfit and can she remove them when she changes clothes? Vriska didn't have wings when she was hanging around the lab before changing back into her thief of light hoodie.

I'm losing sleep over this one.

This discussion has been closed.