As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My Little Pony: [Phalla] Is Magic: Monster Victory

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Usually, roleblockers aren't prevalent, one to a side in a game this size is more than reasonable.

SlyM because I'm curious...

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    Flarne wrote:
    Me, Caulk and Matev are the shittiest network ever, but we know for sure that Matev isn't mafia. Caulk was roleblocked after his reveal, I don't know why we're bothering to lie about it.

If Caulk was roleblocked, then how do you know that Matev isn't mafia? Is he another befriender? :?

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I think he ment to say caulk wasnt roleblocked, otherwise the bit about lying dosent make sense in context.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Flarne wrote:
    Me, Caulk and Matev are the shittiest network ever.

I take offense to that remark. I think I still hold that title.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    sounds like a story I haven't heard. do tell?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Ace attorney main, Cap was network head, I think it was... Gumpy who was a role, but not alignment seer. There was a mix up with the communication between them about the later point, and a mafia got in the network. They weren't subtle at all about eliminating most of the claimed specials, but network security was never really tightened

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Also, the game is pretty quiet the whole first 3 days, and then I go away for one day and it all blows up? Maaaan.

And what's up with the whole "potential last day" stuff. We already got 1 mafia, and 20% of 20 is 4. Even in the worst case, if the vote, vig and mafia kill all hit villagers, there'd still be 9 people left tomorrow. 3/9 is only 1/3. The only way that that could possibly be a mafia win would be a 5 mafia/4 village split. And I really doubt that Arivia would have gone with a 6 person mafia, which is 30% of the game. Even with only a single mafia kill rather than the usual 2, that would still be ridiculously overpowered.

Alternate mafia win condition maybe? But Arivia said that this was supposed to be a fairly newbie friendly game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Turkson wrote:
    Would the remaining real ponies please contact me with your names and abilities, so we may avoid more of these... Difficulties, tonight.

No.

!Caulk Bite 6

Either you're telling the truth and got a guard last night. Or you're a very clever mafia and looking for village specials.
    While sacrificing a fellow mafia for the chance of getting the role of some specials, or at least force the real seer to do a counter reveal, is a definite tactic the mafia might try to use, especially if the mafia is oversize as I speculated above, I don't know why you'd go after the seer rather than one of the seered targets to try to verify them, like that flarne vote silas pulled. Given the lack of a counter seer claim or second network, however, I'm more inclined to think that this is a mafia misplay by turkson who got too bold because of the "this is potentially the final day"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Spoit wrote:

Ace attorney main, Cap was network head, I think it was... Gumpy who was a role, but not alignment seer. There was a mix up with the communication between them about the later point, and a mafia got in the network. They weren't subtle at all about eliminating most of the claimed specials, but network security was never really tightened
    Langly said "Hey gumpy seered me day one and Im village" and then cap said he was telling the truth after gumpy had died. But no one had said that Gumpy wasnt an alignment seer. So Langly got a proboard invite and became the network head when he was mafia the whole time.

Not one red name was killed all game because of that mess. Edit: Cap got exactly one mafia kill on day 1, and langly gave him bad targets after that.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    @bedlam What's the reasoning for the slym vote? I see the lucedes is because he didn't want to softnetwork, but nothing for this one

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Metagaming mostly. I remember slym being more talky in other phallas and he seems really quiet in this one. Its not a great hunch but I dont know what else to go on.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

Langly said "Hey gumpy seered me day one and Im village" and then cap said he was telling the truth after gumpy had died. But no one had said that Gumpy wasnt an alignment seer. So Langly got a proboard invite and became the network head when he was mafia the whole time.

Not one red name was killed all game because of that mess. Edit: Cap got exactly one mafia kill on day 1, and langly gave him bad targets after that.
    ooooOOOOOOOoooooo

And technically, that one person wasn't supposed to be mafia anyway.

ooooOOOOOOOoooooo

• Options
    Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    Okay so votes that I see so far:
    Caulk Bite [1]- I've been talking to him a bit, but not really got anything. Part of a claimed village network. Probably not a good vote
    Lucedes - [2]Not wanting to soft network. Maybe a good vote, but not sure how mafia that makes him. Although I think voting for yourself is silly I can see why so early on you would do that rather than vote out the wrong person.
    Slym- [3]No real reason given. Something to do with being to quiet. I think a lot of people could be accused of that, as this game has been quite quiet.
    Flarne [1] - Big reveal claim. I havent talked to him directly so have no idea if this is a lie or not.
    Turkson [1] - for voting for the network head early on. possible mafia gambit

Well thats my interpretation anyway for what its worth.
    Out of those possibilities I'm inclined to go for Turkson

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    fucking

vote for me

damnit

i am no good at this game

• Options
    quite quiet? quite. q looks weird

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh yeah, my point.

Refusing to soft newtwork is a silly reason to bandwagon someone. But also a suboptimal play for a village idiot, if that's what lucedes wants us to think of him as

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    aight, so. in light of my colossal failures,

I'M

REVEALING

HERE

AS

130232443562.gif

DERPY HOOVES!

i can win with the village, OR i can get voted out and win!
    like village idiot++! you wish you were this cool!

you wish your win conditions were this easy!

since you're not voting me out, and we don't seem to be winning,
    i think we'd better have everything on the table.

• Options
    i haven't been a village idiot before

it's hard!

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Sitting here with some sweet red wine, mulling it over. I'm convinced that there's something off about our "network head."

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Other than the fact that I'm bad at being a network head?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    This is what drinking wine does to me. Makes me way too reckless. Reveal time for me too!
    108px-Lyra_id.png

Lyra! You're an excitable, friendly pony. So friendly in fact, that you're best friends with Bon-Bon, another pony. Unfortunately, you don't have any real skills to contribute to the effort against the monsters.

Ability: You don't have a special ability. But you can vote!

Win Condition: You win when all threats to Ponyville have been eliminated.

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • Options
    Errrm turk:
    Arivia wrote:
    There's no generic villager

• Options
    Youre either a terrible liar or have the worst luck ever.

• Options
    At the same time if I was mafia, I wouldnt go attracting attention to myself by voting for the network head.

• Options
    but turkson

copy-pasting your PM is CHEATY-OHs

no matter how drunk you are!

• Options
    that's not a generic villager

that's a mason!

• Options
    Now that you bring that up, I'm thinking I maybe should have asked if there was suppose to be a name in my PM.

No time like the present!

Was there suppose to be a name in my PM?

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Bedlam wrote:
    At the same time if I was mafia, I wouldnt go attracting attention to myself by voting for the network head.
    I don't know, if I thought I could get a couple random villagers to support it, I might try to ram it through as a mafia. Especially if the host were to say that the game could very well be over the next night

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    well, i should probably put my vote on someone useful, i guess

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    I'mm gonna go with Turkson.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Turkson wrote:
    Now that you bring that up, I'm thinking I maybe should have asked if there was suppose to be a name in my PM.

No time like the present!

Was there suppose to be a name in my PM?

Yes. And you're not supposed to directly quote private communications from the host. Ever. ><

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I am

bluestreak

notbluestreak.jpg
    (not rainbow dash)

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    this just in:

arivia confirms Turkson as a villager.

• Options
    TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    Ugh, I've been agonizing over this vote for too long. I guess Turkson's botched reveal is the best lead we have.

Time to roll the dice indeed.

• Options
    lol thread comprehension

• Options
    Oh fun. Results within the hour.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Conclusion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j77iN-4Ftg&amp;feature=related

The ponies crowded around each other, frightened and scared, choosing another of their own to trample underfoot. Turkson - Lyra was the sacrifice - and only then did the citizens of Ponyville realize the monsters had been among them all along! They struck again and again, claiming Bedlam - Applejack as their first victim, even knocking Rainbow Dash out of control so she took out Silas Brown - Zecora.

Against this awesome display of power, the three remaining ponies - Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle, and Rainbow Dash - simply couldn't stand, and they had to run, leaving poor Ponyville behind in ruins.

End of the game - the monsters have won!

The Victorious:
    Tmoiy - Dragon
    SlyM - Ursa Minor
    Capfalcon - Cockatrice
    Spoit - Manticore
    Shiny New Toys - Hydra
    Lucedes - Diamond Dog

The Devastated:
    Caulk Bite 6 -Pinkie Pie
    Flarne - Twilight Sparkle
    Matev - Rainbow Dash

The Gone:
    Turkson - Lyra: voted out
    Silas Brown - Zecora: dashed into oblivion
    Bedlam - Applejack: smoked out

Notes:
    Any problems with this game should be pretty squarely laid at my feet, since I forgot to check the numbers before beginning, which gave the mafia an absurd advantage. They actually would have won last night, but I gave the village an extra day to make up for my mistakes. On the other hand, I inadvertently confirmed some villagers through bad communication, which helped a bit.

I hope everyone had fun, however, and I think there's still ground to be mined here if someone wants to do this some more justice.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, 7 mafia was absurdly broken

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I KNEW IT!

I TOLD YALL SLYM WAS MAFIA!

• Options