As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pro evo (Winning Eleven) tourney!

VapidVapid Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey guys my friend just signed me up for a Pro evolution Soccer 6 (Winning Eleven) (I think? The newest one?) Tournament thats occurring tomorrow night.

The problem is, I've only played the game like once or twice.

However, I'm pretty comptetent at games in general, and I pick them up pretty fast, no matter what genre. I've also been living in London the last year so I've kinda picked up a little about the best teams and best players. And I obviously know how football (soccer, whatever) works.

What I'm asking from you guys, Brits or non-Brits that play the game, is for some tips or tricks or recommendations for teams or strategies. One thing I'm unfamiliar about is the formations... I'm really into basketball, so if you could somehow compare it maybe that would be a good way to start.

Also, this is on ps2 (do they have it for other platforms?) and 1v1.

POKEMON DIAMOND : 1418 4085 0727
Mario Strikers: 266395 286788
Like games/movies/other awesome stuff? Check ouy my blog: http://freakinawesome.wordpress.com/
Vapid on

• Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    you might wanna read up about it on gamefaqs. theres a lot of little things in how you can play the game that go beyond the usual pass and shoot, many of which i had no idea about even after playing the game for ages

the guide doesnt have to be for the latest version or anything, since all the moves and stayed the same through basically all versions.

when it comes to choosing teams..well the best teams would be clubs, but theres still some very good national teams. theres a diamond thing that rates each team in different areas, so you can pretty much pick any random team with a high rating

formations.. usually you can just leave the default formation and see how it goes. personally i dont really like formations with 1 attacker, so i usually go for 4-4-2, but if you have a team with a few really good attackers you might wanna have 3 up front, at the risk of lower defense or control in the middle

if you dont really know what you are doing its probably better to just leave the formation as it is, and if its the new version, you can autosort the players before the game with the start button, which saves you having to figure out which player is best in each position.

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg