As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Indie Royale - Bundles of great indie games for dirt cheap prices

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    I've been meaning to grab The Oil Blue for a while, so that plus some other stuff gets my money. I really should have joke gifted Dino D-Day, but I ran on auto pilot and registered the key before I knew what I was doing.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    The Blackwell Trilogy was published by the same guys who published Gemini Rue?

Sold

The rest of 'em? Ehhh Dino-D-Day may become the spite gift of the Christmas Steam Sale 2011

edit: Oh and look at that, I dropped the price and I got a bonus 8-bit chiptune Christmas album from Adult Swim. How nice :) In FLAC too

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Anyone want my copy of The Oil Blue? It's not on Steam, so you'd be getting a Desura key. (Claimed!)

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Only game I'm interested in from this bundle is Blackwell Trilogy, but I know nothing about it. What's the skinny on it? I loved Gemini Rue, if that matters at all.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    edit: I'll just buy the package instead.

EVOL on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I preordered entirely for the Blackwell Trilogy, so I'm not too hurt over the rest of the bundle being meh

I get an extra Eets code to give away at least

• Options
    CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    All I want is The Oil Blue.
    Is it just me or is this bundle on sale for 2 weeks?

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote:
    The Blackwell Trilogy was published by the same guys who published Gemini Rue?

Sold

The rest of 'em? Ehhh Dino-D-Day may become the spite gift of the Christmas Steam Sale 2011

edit: Oh and look at that, I dropped the price and I got a bonus 8-bit chiptune Christmas album from Adult Swim. How nice :) In FLAC too

I didn't realise The Blackwell Trilogy was from the same guys as Gemini Rue, that was enough to convince me. Gemini Rue has probably been one of my biggest surprise favourites this year, I went in not really expecting to enjoy it

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    CygnusZ wrote:
    All I want is The Oil Blue.
    Is it just me or is this bundle on sale for 2 weeks?

if that's all you want you are welcome to my Desura key if you don't want to buy the bundle

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Man, The Oil Blue is such an interesting little game. I just wish it wasn't that frantic, I'm in the second island now, and it's already becoming hard to keep up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    The only thing I'd like is the Blackwell games. Ah well, the new HIB is utterly fantastic, so that's a consolation.

I'd probably buy this one anyway, were it not for the toxic effect of Dino D-Day, which I played a free weekend of and found dreadful, and the fact that with the big Winter Sale coming up soon on Steam, I've gotta save my money.

• Options
    Heyheyhey

Guys. Go get the VVVVVV soundtrack, it's an astonishingly good OST. Chiptunes!

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    new preorder is up:
    The titles to be offered will include a premium blend of FPS and RTS (Steam for PC and Mac), an innovative single-player puzzle game (Steam for PC and Mac, Desura for PC, DRM-free PC and Mac download), an award-winning 2D platformer (Steam for PC and Mac, Desura for PC, plus DRM-free PC and Mac download of an enhanced version) and a world premiere on PC/Mac for an acclaimed arcade shooter with a twist (Desura for PC, DRM-free PC and Mac download).
    edit: they just confirmed no repeat royale/hib titles on twitter

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    Just guessing here, but
    FPS/RTS hybrid: Nuclear Dawn
    2D Platformer: Braid

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Braid was in HiB 2, so it won't be in there.

1st is indeed Nuclear Dawn, given the devs announced they'd be in it.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    new preorder is up:
    The titles to be offered will include a premium blend of FPS and RTS (Steam for PC and Mac), an innovative single-player puzzle game (Steam for PC and Mac, Desura for PC, DRM-free PC and Mac download), an award-winning 2D platformer (Steam for PC and Mac, Desura for PC, plus DRM-free PC and Mac download of an enhanced version) and a world premiere on PC/Mac for an acclaimed arcade shooter with a twist (Desura for PC, DRM-free PC and Mac download).

If that's the case then it can't be Braid. Thank goodness. I'm not a fan of that game, and sometimes I feel like the only one.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    I want to know what the "acclaimed arcade shooter" is. I've no idea.

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Lord_Snot wrote:

Jamestown I'm guessing

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BigDes wrote:
    Lord_Snot wrote:

Jamestown I'm guessing

But Jamestown is already on PC/Mac, and they said making it's debut on PC.

• Options
    It's also a Humble repeat, and won't be on Steam (at least upon the Royale's release).

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote:
    new preorder is up:

If that's the case then it can't be Braid. Thank goodness. I'm not a fan of that game, and sometimes I feel like the only one.

You are not alone. I wanted to enjoy Braid, but mashing up Japanese style deformed characters with impressionist style art didn't work for me. Also, I felt like the game was trying really hard to tell me something profound. Not really into that so much with the gaming.

• Options
    Qui-Gon JinnQui-Gon Jinn Registered User regular
    maybe QUBE, EDGE and other 2?

• Options
    The puzzle and platformer are too vague. That sounds like the marketing speak you'd see on every platformer or puzzle game sales page. The only real clue is that there's an enhanced DRM free version of the platformer.

• Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    new preorder is up:

Random crazy shot in the dark..."I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1N IT!!!1" is coming to Windows Phone 7 tomorrow (1/4/12). That *could* lead to a "world premiere on PC/Mac for an acclaimed arcade shooter with a twist."

• Options
    corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    Except there's no Mac version of XNA aside from an unofficial one that doesn't seem to be completely working.

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    New bundle is up.

Nuclear Dawn
    Max & the Magic Marker
    Fractal
    Super Crossfire (Exclusive)

Bundle is worth it for Super Crossfire alone.

• Options
    CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    This is the first indie royale bundle I'm going to pass on. Only Super Crossfire really appeals to me, and I already have a stack of SHMUPs to play through. Also I just feel like I've bought way to many cheap games through the year end STEAM sale.

• Options
    @Inzigna is such a gent!

Thanks for the gift, the class never ends. It just keeps spreading. Kind of like The Blob. That wears a top hat and monocle.

• Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    Drake wrote:
    @Inzigna is such a gent!

Thanks for the gift, the class never ends. It just keeps spreading. Kind of like The Blob. That wears a top hat and monocle.

Hope you enjoy the bundle!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    CygnusZ wrote:
    This is the first indie royale bundle I'm going to pass on. Only Super Crossfire really appeals to me, and I already have a stack of SHMUPs to play through. Also I just feel like I've bought way to many cheap games through the year end STEAM sale.

Exactly this.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So hey, I think I might really like Nuclear Dawn. I did the tutorials, which like taught me fuck-all absolutely nothing. Then I got into a game, and was like HOLY SHIT I'M DEAD. HOLY SHIT I'M DEAD A LOT! WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Of course I joined the team that needed players. Of course that's the team that was getting their spawn piled on like a drunk highschool cheerleader at a frat party. Of course, I got angry, which is good. Rage fuels my killing power. And apparently the Pro thing to do in this kind of gang-bang spawn camp is switch to the Exo Suit, which is what I did. I felt like that Space Marine you see in the 40K drawings, standing on a pile of his dead battle brothers, Storm Bolter spitting death into the enemy hordes until he is clawed down by the sheer numbers.

That's a pretty neat feeling.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    man, on the subject of fps/rts hybrids, I wonder what's going on with Natural Selection. weren't they taking full-price preorders on it like 2 years ago?
    edit: yep, they were

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    man, on the subject of fps/rts hybrids, I wonder what's going on with Natural Selection. weren't they taking full-price preorders on it like 2 years ago?
    edit: yep, they were
    Progress is slow but steady. It has gotten much better in the past few patches.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    part of a future royale datamined:
    http://i.imgur.com/SotVS.png
    http://i.imgur.com/dxwYo.png
    (just the SS stuff, not the other entries)

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    If true, that's good, but a bit dull.

• Options
    Looks like this might be tied into a promotion for Serious Sam 2 getting its Steam release finally http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/serious-sam-2

Perhaps it's a stop gap bundle like how Humble has a few in between numbered bundles.

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    There's an AGS Bake Sale bundle out today:

http://www.agsbakesale.com/

All adventure games, and the proceeds go to Child's Play.

Any idea if these games are good?

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    But Serious Sam games aren't really indie games are they? With the exception of DoubleD.
    That kinda misses the point of all these indie bundles.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Croteam seems to be a bit indie-ish to me.

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Croteam started out as an indie group. I imagine they're still relatively small for a game development company.