Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[OSH] West Marches IC

NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
edited October 2011 in Critical Failures
Note: If any of this sounds cool to you hop on over to the Recruitment thread and join in.

Among the philosophers of the Empire of Gold it is said that dumb men and smart men are united closest by their ability to make mistakes. Two hundred years ago in the Western Marches some very smart people did a very very dumb thing. Under threat from Invasion from across the seas they brought the most powerful magic users, god-talkers, wisemen, witches, magicians and warlocks that money could buy to protect their lands by creating a magical barrier. Unfortunately, it worked too late, instead of trapping the invading army out, it trapped them inside. No one outside the Western Marches knows what happened next but the consensus among the few archeologists who have examined the ruins is that things were not settled peacefully. Cracks have begun to fill the barrier and the Central Kingdom has built forts to make sure nothing is allowed out. But the astrologers who advise the young child king have seen ominous portents that something may be stirring in the Western Marches and asked that someone investigate. The kings military advisers objected, saying that their forces are already spread too thin and it would be a suicide mission to explore it, and no mercenary would be crazy enough to face certain death for mere gold. It was then the court bard stepped in “Ah my friends, you are looking at it all wrong. If you order people to go investigate they will desert, but if you forbid anyone to go explore the ancient ruins where the treasures of the greatest wizards the world has ever known once lived you will have to fight them off with a broom.”

You have come to Fort Donner on a wagon train along with two dozen new recruits, a rather bad tempered old priest, a small crew of circus performers, and a small herd of oxen. A carpenter who was also traveling with you sadly died after a decision to ford a river. Fort Donner resembles a small town more then a military installation, it is clear that discipline is lax and it is mostly seen as a place to put old troops near retirement, cripples, and young soldiers too incompetent to be trusted doing anything important but too well liked to send off on a suicide mission. The soldiers uniforms are unkempt, the bright blue has become faded and dirty, chickens walk the street and you can hear the sounds of a schoolroom.

A soldier walks over towards the wagons. “You those adventurers we've been waitin' for?”

«13

Posts

  • CapfalconCapfalcon Well, NOW it's beachfront property Weyland Consortium HQRegistered User regular
    Throgo hops down off the top of one of the wagons with and walks towards the soldier with an exceedingly toothy grin. The guard's hand moves to very obviously rest on his sword, but the goblin pretends not to notice. Guards never hit people unless you give them a reason to after all. Of course, looking funny at people is a reason. For that matter, so is breathing too loud if you're a goblin. But Throgo is an offical adventurer! They won't do that kind of thing anymore! In a single breath, Throgo jabbers out, "Very nice to meet you, Mr. Guard! I am indeed one of those adventurers you've been waitin' for! My name is Throgo, and what's yours?"

  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Gilgamesh nudges Thorgo slightly as he pushes past while clearing his throat. "Greetings, Citizen!", He says confidently. "Gilgamesh has arrived to ease you of your troubles!" He thinks for a second before adding "Perhaps a quick tour of your town is in order, but please keep the pleasantries brief. It has been a long ride over and my muscles are simply quivering with anticipation!"

  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    The guard barely makes eye contact with either of you, less out of any antimosity then bordeom. "The genr'l will want to talk with you first, ye can find a place ta sleep ov'r in the flophouse or in one of the inns. There's tha Rollin' Dice, thats where most of the boys go to drink but they got rooms to, and the Tin Pot is where the officers go. We got the feed store and the quartermasters if you need ta shop. I kin take you to the genr'ls now though."

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    "Do you happen to have a visitor's pamphlet? Or perhaps a tourist kiosk somewhere?" a bright eyed young man asks, immured to the guard's disinterest.

    "On second thought, that's probably a really silly question," Cecil quickly adds, mostly to himself, while looking speculatively at the poor state of the town. "Of course you don't."

    Flipping his hair out of his eyes, his guileless grin hastily returns. "I would love to see the General. By all means, lead away."

  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Galric sidles up along with the rest of the adventurers who have stepped forward and wipes his nose on his hand.

    "Ah yes. The general. Of course. I suppose I must start somewhere. Of course, I do not really need any information from the general. I have everything here in my Book."

    With that, Galric waves his hands about mystically, throws some flashpowder and - while everyone is distracted - pulls a slightly battered book out of a hidden pocket in his sleeve. He waits for the others to acknowledge his Magical skill, but soon realizes that no acknowledgement will be forthcoming.

    He opens the book and starts scanning the pages looking for information on Fort Donner.

    (Galric is using his Book of Power to find out a useful fact about Fort Donner).

  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Go ahead and make one up Sir Fabulous.
    "Right...sirs.. This way then." The soldier leads you over to a building where the guards seem, if not in good discipline at least better then elsewhere in the fort. Inside you are escorted to a meeting room where a rather rotund man with various metals pinned to his bright blue jacket waits.
    "You must be the new batch of adventurers, damn shame about the first group but then I guess it works out for you. Just wanted to officially welcome you to the fort, feel free to use any civilian establishment and our quartermaster can provide you with some supplies if you have the coin. If you make any trouble I'll just kill you and tell anyone that asks that I last saw you heading into The Mistake with a treasure map so do try to behave. Bill Four Fingers is the only one of the first group who made it back, he stays at the Rolling Dice the innkeeper seems to think he is some tourist attraction, talk to him if you must. If you have any questions ask them now because I hope to not after talk to you lot again after this."
    Edit: Oh I forgot, there are 10 Awesome points in the stack right now, feel free to give them out to each other if someone does something awesome.

    Neaden on
  • LucedesLucedes Registered User regular
    Celderielel rolls over and moans in the back of one of the wagons.

    "Where am I? What... oh no, it's daylight again." Disgusting, he thinks, looking blearily out at the small fort-town. Then he realizes he's looking at some chickens and scrub brush. Oh, right. Town. He stretches, not without stiffness, and gets up. His head pounds like a moderately-sized battalion constructing earthworks. Hadn't counted on how fortified that wine had been.

    "...Feel like I'm missing something," he mutters. What is it? What's wrong? "Oh! The other adventurers are gone! Damn!" He stumbles into town, somewhat lost, as his head begins to clear. Where would the other adventurers be?

    FC: 0559-8026-2690
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Well, NOW it's beachfront property Weyland Consortium HQRegistered User regular
    After the General finishes his speech, Throgo is stupefied. He's never seen guards be this honest before. And they won't bother him if he doesn't make any trouble! This is the best place ever! Throgo decides to go to the bar to talk to Bill Four Fingers, hoping that his luck holds out.

    Then, maybe he can see about going out exploring with some of the others.

  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    At the Wagons
    A little girl holding a chicken tugs at Celderielel's shirt. "Why do you look so funny mister?"

    For anyone who wants to go to the bar.
    Most of the soldiers are still on duty so the bar is mostly empty. Before you can get a good look around a middle aged one eyed man limps over to you. "Oy! You the new adventurers? M'names Bill, me and some others were the first to go in back when the hole in the wall back when you still have to squeeze through. We had some good times there before the rest of 'em get 'et. I just hang about here now, dispensing my wisdom. Oh sure I think about leaving sometimes, but the soldiers here look up to me, sort of like a father y'know. It would break my heart to leav 'em. I spose I could give you guys some advice to if ye wants to here. I even got a map o' the places we went, though this was years back so I can't guarantee that things are the same anymore."

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    "A map, you say?," Cecil inquires, a dangerous hint of mania inching into his tone.

    "Ahem, that is, I mean," he continues in a more normal tone. "Good day, Mr. Bill. We are indeed the new adventurers. Allow me to buy you a drink, and we can look at this map of yours and see what I can glean from it in the way of usefulness. I'd like to make my own version too, if you don't mind going over things with me. I've brought my own paper and ink."

    Cecil would like to subject this fellow's map to a thorough audit, checking what's on paper against what Bill can recall of his travels. A natural-born [Cartographer] like Cecil is sure to uncover a useful tidbit others may have missed.

    "I don't mean to bring up bad memories, but... what, exactly, was it that "'et" your companions, if you don't mind my asking?"

  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Gilgamesh looks on as Cecil talks to Bill, trying to look at his hands non-chalantly in a way that makes it all the more obvious to those around him. He ponders if the "Four Fingers" remark was a total or just a one handed thing. Then gags slightly at the thought of ony having two fingers per hand.

    "Yes. How about we all have a drink to ease our minds", he speaks up. "First round is on me, chums."

  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Galric finds the passage he has been looking for in his book and triumphantly holds it up to the sky. He shouts in a load voice, "Fort Donner is well known for being built on highly unstable ground. This has caused several small earthquakes in the past, and is one of the reasons why the town has never grown as large as some of the other forts."

    Galric realizes that he has spent the past little while reading the book instead of looking where he is going. He doesn't exactly know where he is now. Oh well, perhaps he can find a local to help him out.

  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    At the bar.
    "Hah!" Bill laughs "What didn't eat 'em. Ol' Dave got eaten by some sort a plant thing. Galorindel he was an elf you see, he got eaten by those Hideous Rat Men and I never saw what ate Ralph. And as for what ate Big Dave well, that one was me. Now its a funny story really, I thought it was a feral dog that bit me, but turns out it was a werewolf! Sure enough when the full moon comes I start gettin hair where it taint suposed to be and poor Big Dave caught the worst of it. Don't worry, I'm cured now. Now ye've probably seen that I got all my fingers by now so ye be wonderin' why I'm called Bill Four Fingers, well y'see when Dave got eaten by the plant we wanted to have something to bring home so it could be buried in his family plot, then when Galorindel bought it we found part of his body and it seemed like the thing to do. Well to cut to the chase like the Cleric told the maid when I finally came back I had 4 extra fingers with me! Still makes me laugh to think about sometimes. Now as for the map, I could let you take a copy of it I suppose, but maybe you could buy me a couple of drinks first."
    Galric lost in the fort.
    A quick look around you can see a pair of middle aged women who seem to be giving you very disaproving looks over to your left, and a hung over elf, a little girl, and a chicken to your right.

    Neaden on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    "What a fascinating tale," Cecil admits, face kept carefully blank. "Anyway. Drinks it is, Barkeep..."

    Cecil arranges for drinks for Bill while he interro- makes inquiries about what can be found in the West. If he can covertly request for those drinks to be a bit watered down (more watered down then usual?) so Bill does not get terribly drunk before he can squeeze the necessary information out of him, so much the better.

  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    After weighing his options, Galric dashes over to the very tired looking elf. He can ask for directions from this elf. At least he's not giving Galric dirty looks.

    He stops short of the elf and throws a pinch of his special Flashpowder in the air. Bright light shimmers in the air, burning itself into the retinas of all those around.

    "My my my. You don't look very good at all my elvish fellow! Or is that elven? I'm afraid I can never quite figure out which phrase is technically correct. I don't mean any offense in the slightest.
    Perhaps you could be bothered to direct me to closest place of Magical significance? An Archmage such as myself has important business he has to attend to but I seem to find myself quite lost!"

    Social interactions have never been Galric's strong suit, but he's confident that he's made a big impression this time.

  • LucedesLucedes Registered User regular
    Celderielel squints at the girl, the chicken, and the "archmage." Misery swells in his mind, or at least in his eyes. Still, times like these require pluck.

    "I am an adventurer, dear girl." he says to the diminutive human clutching at his fine shirt. He turns to the mage and looks wryly to the side, trying not to let his terrible, terrible headache impede his locution. "As for pieces of magical significance, I don't know if I could say. I'm new here, and... wait. Haven't I seen you around? On the wagons?" He searches his memory.

    FC: 0559-8026-2690
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Well, NOW it's beachfront property Weyland Consortium HQRegistered User regular
    Throgo walks in and sees one of his friends nearby the man called Four Fingered Bill. At least, he didn't kick Throgo while everyone was on the caravan, so that's close enough for him. He scurries over and jump up on a seat next to Bill, standing up so he can see everyone at the table.

    "Hey there, Mr. Bill! I hear you're the guy to talk to about all the stuff out there! You know where some interesting things out in the wilds? Ooooh! You seen any goblins out there?"

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Let it be known the reason Cecil did not kick Throgo was because he did not want to inadvertently contract some sort of disease.

    Also because it's not a good idea for someone with the muscle tone of a wet newspaper to make enemies at every turn, but mostly the disease thing. What if kicking one turns you into one of them?

    Is the terrible affliction known as being a Kobold a KTD? Cecil doesn't know and doesn't care to find out.

    Marshmallow on
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Sorry for being so late on this.
    At the Bar
    "Well hey there little fella." Bill smiles looking down at Throgo and downing a shot that seemed to appear from nowhere. "You got yourself a pet goblin eh professor? Sure there are plenty of goblins out there, lot of 'em gone weird from the magic though, met one with 5 arms once who could play the piano something fierce. I guess since you seem like group of fellows I can show you my map.
    Spoiler:
    Pretend it is all old timey, my mspaint skills are not the best.[/quote]
    Anything you want to know in p'ticular?"
    Marsh deduct a gold for the drinks.

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Cecil attempts to communicate via a few scoffing noises and some frantic gestures that Thorgo is absolutely not his pet and that he is certainly not responsible for anything the Goblin might do.

    Goblin? What Goblin? Oh thaaaat Goblin. No sir, I've never seen him before in my life, and I'm certainly not liable for anything or anyone he's chewed on or eaten. Definitely not. I have official papers saying I've officially nothing to do with this Goblin, even. Look, it's signed and everything. It's even... notarized!

    Otherwise, he dutifully copies down the map, not bothering to make things too tidy as he's certain he'll be needing to redraw it from scratch later anyway once he's gotten a good look at the lay of the land, in person.

    Spoiler:

    His finger stabs down at the map. "What can you tell us about this 'Monastery of Hesheuphat'? That doesn't sound like a Dwarf or Elven diety..."

    Marshmallow on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Well, NOW it's beachfront property Weyland Consortium HQRegistered User regular
    His finger stabs down at the map. "What can you tell us about this 'Monastery of Hesheuphat'? That doesn't sound like a Dwarf or Elven diety..."

    "Oooh! That's just where I was thinking of going! It sounds like a really neat place! And look! The Goblin Marshes are on the way! We could see if any nice goblins are there!"

  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Galric thinks he recalls seeing the elf before.

    "Oh yes indeed. Erm. I'm afraid I didn't get to know anyone very well on the way here. I'm usually reading my books or, er, preparing to cast spells that could, erm, rip the cotton of time itself. Well, if you can't help me find where I need to be, I guess I'll be off. Contact me if you ever need a Magic User on your side."

    Galric is about to leave when his stomach grumbles. It's been a while since he's eaten.

    "Small girl! How much for that chicken?" he says to the small child who has been hovering around.

  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Sorry guys, had a hectic start to the week.
    At the bar
    "Hesheuphat eh, well he's a human diety near as I could tell. A fertility one to, you can tell by the fact that he has a great big set O' family jewels. And the goblins eh, well most of them have gone local by now. Live in the swamp and don't mind you. O 'course, that doesn't mean all of them have so I'd still be careful."
    Marsh sorry I just realized I forgot to give you a tidbit for your cartography talent. Examining the map you notice a riverway marked through the swamp that seems to lead to the monastary, traveling across it might save you some time if you can get a boat.
    At the chicken
    The young girl looks at Galric and seems to quickly come to a decision. "Oh this Chicken, this is my special chicken. I couldn't sell her for less then 5 silver."

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    "Hmm, very quaint, very rustic. I suppose the Monastary might be worthy as a preliminary exploration." Cecil taps a finger against his lightly-bearded chin, examining his copy of the map.

    "It looks like the quickest way there would be to pass through the swamp," he says, groaning quietly under his breath. "I may need some sort of guide. 'Familiar with the locals' kind of thing. Gob- Thorgo... how confident are you in your ability to procure a boat by, say, tomorrow-ish?"

    Marshmallow on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Well, NOW it's beachfront property Weyland Consortium HQRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Neaden wrote:
    At the bar
    "Hesheuphat eh, well he's a human diety near as I could tell. A fertility one to, you can tell by the fact that he has a great big set O' family jewels. And the goblins eh, well most of them have gone local by now. Live in the swamp and don't mind you. O 'course, that doesn't mean all of them have so I'd still be careful."

    Throgo starts to work out how to get what he wants. Throgo doesn't like his chances out there by himself, since various monsters have told him he's very tasty. Goblins appear to be the monster equivalent of junk food. So, having at least a partner would be nice. This human he came here with seems to be interested in that human Temple, and that's as good a place to start as any. Humans keep better records than Goblins, so if there is some clue about where he should look for the original Goblin homeland, that would probably be a better place to start than the swamps. Now he just needs to convince the human to bring him along...
    "It looks like the quickest way there would be to pass through the swamp," he says, groaning quietly under his breath. "I may need some sort of guide. 'Familiar with the locals' kind of thing. Gob- Thorgo... how confident are you in your ability to procure a boat by, say, tomorrow-ish?"

    ...And then the human says goes and says something like that. They make it too easy some times.

    Throgo cocks his head at the man,"I can try, but I just got here too!" Pretending to just come up with the idea at that moment, Throgo acts all excited and says, "But, it would be a good idea to have a partner when you go out into the wilds, huh? At least that way if one of us dies horribly, the other can bring back the awesome tale of how the other got eaten in one gulp by a giant monster! Or even better, we could keep monsters from eating each other!"

    Capfalcon on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    "So its settled then chums!" Gilgamesh pipes up. "We hike through the disparaging foothills, swim through piranha infested goblin swamps, and then end up at the temple of a god who possibly wants to destroy us all." He pauses a moment for dramatic effect. "I LOVE IT! Naturally you will need a Leader through all this mess, so I will humbly accept that burden." He smiles widely, very pleased with his speech.

  • CapfalconCapfalcon Well, NOW it's beachfront property Weyland Consortium HQRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote:
    "So its settled then chums!" Gilgamesh pipes up. "We hike through the disparaging foothills, swim through piranha infested goblin swamps, and then end up at the temple of a god who possibly wants to destroy us all." He pauses a moment for dramatic effect. "I LOVE IT! Naturally you will need a Leader through all this mess, so I will humbly accept that burden." He smiles widely, very pleased with his speech.

    Throgo shrugs and nods in agreement. If the big, loud man wants to call himself the leader, that's just fine with Throgo. With his wide grin, Throgo exclaims, "Sounds good mister! I'll see both of you here tomorrow ok! I'm going to go look for that boat!"

    And with that Throgo leaves to go find a boat. There's gotta be some docks or something around here.

  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Neaden wrote:
    The young girl looks at Galric and seems to quickly come to a decision. "Oh this Chicken, this is my special chicken. I couldn't sell her for less then 5 silver."

    "C'mon little girl. That's just an average chicken. I'll give you 3 silver for it."

    Galric's smile is sickeningly sweet.

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Cecil's eyes flick back and forth between the two, frankly quite horrifying-looking people who are apparently going to be joining him on this leg of his journey for knowledge.

    "Wow. Great. A Leader. Wondrous," he says carefully. "I'll just take care of... things, and meet the two of you... here tomorrow then? Yes? Excellent."

    He rouses Bill long enough to determine how many hours (days? weeks?) travel it would take by boat to get to the Monastery. That done, he sidles across the barroom, avoiding treading in anything too organic, to find the innkeeper and attempt to secure a private room for the night. Preferably upstairs. Preferably with a good lock on the door.

  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Sorry about the delay, On the plus side I have the possible encounters done.
    At the Chicken
    The little girl seems fairly excited when she takes your money and runs off, leaving you holding a rather confused looking chicken. The Chicken looks at Celderielel and squawks "Where did my little girl go?"
    The Bar
    Cecil: You are able to get some more details from Bill and think you have a pretty good idea how long it will take you. The river itself is close by , you will have to carry the boat aways though but from there should be able to go downstream and get to the swamp by nightfall if you leave in the morning. From there, Bill's guess is 1 or 2 days from the swamp should be able to get you to the monastery. The best room in the Inn is 4 silvers including a dinner and breakfast in the morning.
    Looking for a boat.
    While the fort does not border the river itself, you find a carpenter who sells canoes. He is willing to sell the canoes to you for 2 gold apiece, each canoe could handle about 3 people and their supplies, a 4th might be pushing it.

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Cecils rents the room without batting an eye at the cost, and uses the newfound privacy as a chance to jot down some quick notes regarding his upcoming itinerary. Satisfied with his distance calculations, he begins making a few lists on things needed for the trip. Food, obviously, cooking utensils, perhaps some rope, spare paddles, sleeping gear, maybe some cheap trading baubles for any peaceable goblin tribes they happen across in the swamp (beads, paste jewelry, maybe a spare dagger or hand axe, natives like useful things, right?)

    Hmm, if the goblin manages to find the boats without any problems, perhaps he can just foist the list on him and have him work that out, too.

    He gently folds his paper in thirds, and slips it into a jacket pocket.

    [No further plans unless Throgo shows up again. He'd be fine with dropping some gold for boats and supplies for the party, or planning things out further if anyone particularly wants to bother with that.]

    [Ain't sharin' his room though, sod off and get your own.]

    Marshmallow on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Well, NOW it's beachfront property Weyland Consortium HQRegistered User regular
    Upon receiving the news about the boats, Throgo clambers up a nearby rain gutter and makes his way back to the inn. After asking where his new friend went off to, he eventually finds Cecils' room.

    *KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

    A giant goblin grin greets Cecil at the door. "Hey, Cecil, I found some boats, and each one is big enough for the three of us! But... they're two gold each! That's more money than I've ever had! How are we going to get that much money!"

    Cecil hands over the money without incident, and Throgo goes off to get the boat. He tells the Carpenter that he'll be by to get the boat tomorrow with friends.

    As night comes, Throgo sleeps hidden outside in his blanket, as per usual.

  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Galric starts suddenly, dropping the chicken. Did it just talk? Obviously some kind of powerful magic was at work here. Precautions would need to be taken.

  • LucedesLucedes Registered User regular
    "I'm not sure, dear Chicken. I shall inquire." Celderielel looks around for the girl. If those women are still nearby, he asks them where she went.

    FC: 0559-8026-2690
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Oh shoot sorry Fabulous, I meant to say that it just bawked for you, Celderielel has elf powerzzzz that let him talk to it. At the Chicken.
    The women just shrug the shoulders sullenly at your questions, one of them suggests that you just go hang out at the bar where your kind are welcome, the other one suggests searching for her in an anatomically improbable location.

  • LucedesLucedes Registered User regular
    Celderielel thanks the women for their time. To the chicken, he says:
    "It appears you have lost your girl, but you've got a mage in exchange. Probably a good trade, I think."

    To Galric, he says "It seems like we're not very welcome in this part of town. Perhaps we should head to the bar,
    as these kind women suggest. Mayhap we'll find warmer reception there."

    FC: 0559-8026-2690
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    "Yes I guess that would be a good idea," Galric says in a bit of a daze. He was sure he'd heard the chicken speak. Obviously his mind was playing tricks on him. It was fatigue. Yes. Perfectly acceptable reason. A bar would be a good place to unwind. Maybe he could get someone to cook his chicken while he was there.

    "I'll let you have some of my chicken. A fellow caravaner is always welcome" He says as he picks the chicken up and sets off in the most barlike direction. Maybe he can get the elf to buy him some drinks.

  • immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    At the Bar

    As Cecil and Bill discuss the details of the journey to the monastery, the scholarly human catches a fair whiff of... is that crypt moss? Looking up from his hastily scrawled map, he notices a tall figure in dark robes looming over his shoulder. He cut quite the menacing silhouette, with all detail of his face hidden within the deep shadow of his low cowl. However, any sense of intimidation disappears as the figure pulls back his hood, revealing a young man's face flashing a slightly crooked grin.

    "Sorry to intrude, but I couldn't help but notice you were discussing some of the local attractions for those of an adventuring sort. Do you have any details on that old Wizard's Tower there?"

    <3
  • nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    Meanwhile the moderately armored dwarf that nobody seemed to notice before sidles up to the bar.

    "Beer please." He looks over at the conversation going on at the bar to the right of him and gives a wink, smile, and nod. Followed by a loud belch.

    camo_sig2.png
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Cecil slowly begins leaning back in his chair, as much to get away from the, if not strictly bad, at least slightly disconcerting, smell as to put some distance between himself and the weird dude all reading over his shoulder and such.

    "Not any that I know, chum. Good 'ole guy-person buddy-friend, Bill here might, though," Cecil replies, returning the stranger's slanty grin with one of his own, albeit with a small undertone of anxiety.

«13
Sign In or Register to comment.