As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kick[chat]

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Played some Borderlands. It's really fun! It's like World of Warcraft's core game was replaced with an FPS. I'm pretty bad at it, though, but maybe I can turn the difficulty down?

I have a big fucking pink jeep with a rocket launcher so that's exciting.

Do as many sidequests as you can and you'll wind up outleveling the main missions by quite a bit.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Played some Borderlands. It's really fun! It's like World of Warcraft's core game was replaced with an FPS. I'm pretty bad at it, though, but maybe I can turn the difficulty down?

Since it's on sale I just bought it. Gonna be downloading for a while.

A bunch of [chat]ters bought, it add me on Steam

What is your Steam name (and anyone else reading this that I haven't added yet)?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options

What is your Steam name (and anyone else reading this that I haven't added yet)?

It's in my sig! :x

oh. oooooh. yeah.

like I said: braindead :P

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

It's in my sig! :x

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Handbrake is making my CPU be 95 degrees celsius.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Well my essay on how I will be different when I have kids was a rambling mess until the last paragraph where I unload on the assumption that everyone must want to breed. I thought about writing a whole essay of that, but didn't think I had a full page rant in me tonight.

• Options
    Just added several chatters to my steam friends list. My username is "eigenvector".

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Maybe you should put the brakes on handbrake, Sarksus 8-)

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    You know there really is a manga for everything

I present the Wine Tasting manga.
    01_016.jpg

• Options
    What kind of MADMAN would dare such a distance.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Decantering... :|

• Options

01_016.jpg

Somehow more surprising than the bread manga.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Wash wrote:

01_016.jpg

Somehow more surprising than the bread manga.

Yakitate!! Japan (the bread manga) is actually really awesome. Its Dragon Ball Z for Bakers.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I like to imagine that the Japanese are culturally obsessed with the France. It makes sense to me that they would be, though I can't exactly explain it.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Saw attack the block in theatres. Watching it again as a digital rental.

• Options
    Saw attack the block in theatres. Watching it again as a digital rental.

It was really good. Also, great score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7YvxGOgEDQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG7TD0p0Zg4&feature=related

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    I like to imagine that the Japanese are culturally obsessed with the France. It makes sense to me that they would be, though I can't exactly explain it.

Sexual liberation, experimental art, medically ahead of the game until around the start of the twentieth century, culturally ahead of the game up until about the mid-twentieth century.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options

Man Japan thinks France is this perfect romantic world, this article tell you what happens when they find out it isn't.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15391010/ns/travel-news/t/paris-syndrome-leaves-tourists-shock/

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

Paris syndrome (French: Syndrome de Paris) is a transient psychological disorder encountered by some people, in most cases from Japan, visiting or vacationing in Paris, France. It is similar in nature to Jerusalem syndrome and Stendhal syndrome.

• Options
    I swear I read an article about how (some anyway) Japanese people are obsessed with Paris. Apparently, some Japanese tourists were being driven into a state of shock when arriving in Paris and finding it did not, in fact, live up to their bizarre animu-fueled expectations.

Ha! Beat you by half a second!

• Options
    edited October 2011
    I swear I read an article about how (some anyway) Japanese people are obsessed with Paris. Apparently, some Japanese tourists were being driven into a state of shock when arriving in Paris and finding it did not, in fact, live up to their bizarre animu-fueled expectations.

-edit-

Clearly, that article was not a figment of my imagination.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    France used to be the shit. Now it's just an overpriced tourist trap.

A shame.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I am posting now while wearing a monocle.

• Options
    Winky wrote:

Because of Halloween or just because

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    That oenophile comic is awesome

• Options
    Winky wrote:

Are you wearing white socks.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Nachos were good.

• Options
    Well, I guess technically I am wearing the scalp of a weeaboo, which is wearing a cat ear hood.

But I like to think that once I take the scalp, anything attached to it is mine.

• Options
    I'm gonna give this League of Legends thing a try. I hear its all the rage these days.

• Options
    Wash wrote:

Sexual liberation, experimental art, medically ahead of the game until around the start of the twentieth century, culturally ahead of the game up until about the mid-twentieth century.

*cough*Algeria*cough*

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    It's both hilarious and sad how these poor Japanese people have idolized a place that doesn't exist. It's not enough that it isn't what they fantasized, it has to be the antithesis of what they were after. That's gotta be awful. And imagine how long some of these people scrimp and save to afford that trip, and how long they'd looked forward to it. Terrible.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna give this League of Legends thing a try. I hear its all the rage these days.

cool, feel free to message me and i'll take you under my wing

• Options

It is good times if you're good at ignoring jerkfaces.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Wash wrote:
    Variable wrote:
    Wash wrote:
    Variable wrote:
    I have a film journal due this week for one of my classes, one entry per week so 8 so far, something like 20 by the end of the semester. that's similar I guess.

Movies of your choice, from a list, or based on things viewed in class?
    viewed in class

I missed psycho, actually, and I don't have it. shit.

three of the movies I've already seen which will make those easier, then there's 2 weeks where we watched shorts (early films and then avant garde).

I have notes from the viewings I just have to journal-ize them

Sounds exactly like what I have to do for one of my classes, except journals are handed in together around the midterm and then near the end of the semester. However, our viewings were limited to clips, not entire movies.

that's how our turn ins are, every week and the first batch is due monday, rest at the endof the year.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Well, I guess technically I am wearing the scalp of a weeaboo, which is wearing a cat ear hood.

But I like to think that once I take the scalp, anything attached to it is mine.

Wait is that really your costume? A fake scalp that's wearing cat ears? That is an awesome idea for a costume.

• Options
    Cass didn't take me under her wing. She fucked me up and threw me out of the house.

Well I uninstalled that game! Suck it, Cass! Suck itttttt!

• Options
    The game uninstalled itself on account of Sarksus sucking.

• Options
    Wash wrote:
    It's both hilarious and sad how these poor Japanese people have idolized a place that doesn't exist. It's not enough that it isn't what they fantasized, it has to be the antithesis of what they were after. That's gotta be awful. And imagine how long some of these people scrimp and save to afford that trip, and how long they'd looked forward to it. Terrible.

When an American shows up as a tourist in a country without clue one what the country is like, he or she is an "ugly American"-anything terrible that happens to them on their trip is richly deserved because of their ignorance and cultural conceit.

When a Japanese person does the same thing, it's a medical emergency, and we're sympathetic.

• Options
    edited October 2011

cool, feel free to message me and i'll take you under my wing

Another time. I'm just going to play one quick game tonight. I've played it once or twice before, early on, but I'm under the impression it's changed a lot since then.

Solomaxwell6 on
This discussion has been closed.