Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Kick[chat]

1356789

Posts

  • SarksusSarksus playing tennisRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    PantsB wrote:
    I'm not supposed to get that Achewood right? Like that's achewood's thing right?
    Pretty much. You're supposed to slog through three years of pointless backstory before you may extract from each strip a few mild chuckles.
    There are some pretty funny Achewoods that you don't need to slog through all the backstory to get.

    The Yard Sale, for one. And the Breast Man. Nacho Judas is pretty good, too.

    Trent Reznor's station wagon. Comic Sans. "I know Todd."

    Philipe running for president.

    uua6lktKR.gif

  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Inquisitor, what was that horrific NSFW video you posted earlier. It wouldn't play on my phone.

    Official music video for big bad wolf by ducksauce

    afaossig.jpg~original
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    achewood is the best comic- webcomic, print comic, whatever- ever made

    Sadly, this is not the best trollpost ever trolled.
    Spoiler:

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch, man" fallacy.
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    PantsB wrote:
    Luke Perry died?

    I see one source that's not too trustworthy reporting this so far.

  • SarksusSarksus playing tennisRegistered User regular
    Also any time Roast Beef's depression is noticeable.

  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I don't think there is anything chu and I agree on.

    And it breaks my heart.

    afaossig.jpg~original
  • SarksusSarksus playing tennisRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    achewood is the best comic- webcomic, print comic, whatever- ever made

    Are you being facetious.

    When we agree on something I do a double take.

  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Also any time Roast Beef's depression is noticeable.

    The one about going to the supermarket wasn't funny, per se, but it made me look floorward in uncomfortable self-awareness.

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch, man" fallacy.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    achewood is the best comic- webcomic, print comic, whatever- ever made

    Are you being facetious.

    When we agree on something I do a double take.

    i am totally serious

    it is up there with arrested development, it's always sunny in philadelphia, and louis ck as pretty much the funniest things mankind has ever produced

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • SarksusSarksus playing tennisRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    achewood is the best comic- webcomic, print comic, whatever- ever made

    Are you being facetious.

    When we agree on something I do a double take.

    i am totally serious

    it is up there with arrested development, it's always sunny in philadelphia, and louis ck as pretty much the funniest things mankind has ever produced

    I don't believe you.

  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I really need to watch Louis CK some time. I'm only familiar with him from Parks and Rec.

  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    achewood is the best comic- webcomic, print comic, whatever- ever made

    Are you being facetious.

    When we agree on something I do a double take.

    i am totally serious

    it is up there with arrested development, it's always sunny in philadelphia, and louis ck as pretty much the funniest things mankind has ever produced

    I don't believe you.

    old games still suck, though, and pizza is a lame favorite food

    see, we still got that old dynamic

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    I am nervous about this Shakespeare and shots thing.

    Romeo and Juliet in under an hour? The actors shotgunning beers on stage? Audience participation?

    This is either going to be amazing or a total train wreck.

    I'm a big fan of Shakespeare (actually have Titus Andronicus open in another tab right now) AND a big fan of drinking. Tell me more about this, please.

    It's a local troupe that's doing a show at my friends studio. What I currently know I've pretty much told you. Except for I know before soliloquies they spin a wheel and it stipulates something about how they must do the soliloquy. I'll let you know how it goes though.

    If it's with a decent group of actors, it sounds like it'd be a lot of fun.

  • SarksusSarksus playing tennisRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Also any time Roast Beef's depression is noticeable.

    The one about going to the supermarket wasn't funny, per se, but it made me look floorward in uncomfortable self-awareness.

    It was accurate as hell.

    uua4QRwVB.gif

  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    Chanus wrote:
    PantsB wrote:
    Luke Perry died?

    I see one source that's not too trustworthy reporting this so far.

    http://www.gossipcop.com/luke-perry-dead-died-death-rip-snowboarding-accident-october-2011/

    Yeah that's what I figured.

  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    God dammit stop that shit

    11793-1.png
    Spoiler:
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    achewood is the best comic- webcomic, print comic, whatever- ever made

    Are you being facetious.

    When we agree on something I do a double take.

    i am totally serious

    it is up there with arrested development, it's always sunny in philadelphia, and louis ck as pretty much the funniest things mankind has ever produced

    we are apparantly diametrically opposed when it comes to taste in comedy.

  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    One day Louis C.K. will be insanely popular

    and then he will go crazy and fly to Africa to rediscover his roots

    JKKaAGp.png
  • LudiousLudious Festering butt-snuffler Dickville, pop: meRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote:
    Luke Perry died?

    I see one source that's not too trustworthy reporting this so far.

    http://luke.perry.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/actor_skiing.php

    ??

    Yeah click home at the bottom. That's fake-a-wish. It's a fake celebrity death generator.


    Google Talk: ludious83
  • LudiousLudious Festering butt-snuffler Dickville, pop: meRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    PantsB wrote:
    Luke Perry died?

    I see one source that's not too trustworthy reporting this so far.

    http://www.gossipcop.com/luke-perry-dead-died-death-rip-snowboarding-accident-october-2011/

    aaaand that story references the fake-a-wish link


    Google Talk: ludious83
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    Louis CK isn't that funny. I like him, in the same way I like George Carlin or Bill Hicks, but standing on stage and saying stuff that's true isn't intrinsically funny.

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch, man" fallacy.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    oh, and chappelle.

    chappelle is actually probably ahead of ck as my favorite comedian of all time. though louie, the show, is closing the gap at breakneck speed

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    Louis CK isn't that funny. I like him, in the same way I like George Carlin or Bill Hicks, but standing on stage and saying stuff that's true isn't intrinsically funny.

    i guess i should probably say 'best comedy' versus raw funniness. there are some achewood strips that aren't 'funny', either, but it's the best humor comic ever made.

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    Louis CK isn't that funny. I like him, in the same way I like George Carlin or Bill Hicks, but standing on stage and saying stuff that's true isn't intrinsically funny.

    His ability to reveal the hilarious in the mundane is why I like him so much.

  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    No, Louis C.K. is funny. Like, I've cried from laughing so hard. George Carlin was an angry man, and then an angry old man, and then a sad old angry man.

    JKKaAGp.png
  • LudiousLudious Festering butt-snuffler Dickville, pop: meRegistered User regular
    Chappelle frustrates me because part of the reason he went crazy, in my opinion, boils down to "white people laughing at my comedy".

    At least that's the way I view it.


    Google Talk: ludious83
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    One of those links revealed that Gisele Bundchen has a twin sister. I don't know how I didnt know that

    11793-1.png
    Spoiler:
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Chappelle frustrates me because part of the reason he went crazy, in my opinion, boils down to "white people laughing at my comedy".

    At least that's the way I view it.

    He explains it as "White people were laughing at me, not with me."

  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    No, Louis C.K. is funny. Like, I've cried from laughing so hard. George Carlin was an angry man, and then an angry old man, and then a sad old angry man.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Carlin's last two HBO specials are completely unwatchable because they are just the inane ramblings of an old man who has lost his touch.

  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Chappelle frustrates me because part of the reason he went crazy, in my opinion, boils down to "white people laughing at my comedy".

    At least that's the way I view it.

    Apparently there was insane pressure on him from some influential figures

    Even if that's not true (it's likely not), some people aren't good at handling fame. It's not "white people laughing at my jokes, gotta go"

    Cobain partly caved due to his celebrity, among others

    JKKaAGp.png
  • LudiousLudious Festering butt-snuffler Dickville, pop: meRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Chappelle frustrates me because part of the reason he went crazy, in my opinion, boils down to "white people laughing at my comedy".

    At least that's the way I view it.

    He explains it as "White people were laughing at me, not with me."

    *eyeroll*

    all I can say to that


    Google Talk: ludious83
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    Chappelle frustrates me because part of the reason he went crazy, in my opinion, boils down to "white people laughing at my comedy".

    At least that's the way I view it.

    He explains it as "White people were laughing at me, not with me."

    *eyeroll*

    all I can say to that

    I dunno, it's the same reason why Chris Rock stopped doing the Ns vs. Black People bit. People were laughing for all the wrong reasons.

  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Chappelle frustrates me because part of the reason he went crazy, in my opinion, boils down to "white people laughing at my comedy".

    At least that's the way I view it.

    I don't really get that.

    Like, it was more "stupid people laughing at my comedy for the wrong reasons".

  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Chappelle frustrates me because part of the reason he went crazy, in my opinion, boils down to "white people laughing at my comedy".

    At least that's the way I view it.

    Uhh no.

    eokNV.jpg
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    No, Louis C.K. is funny. Like, I've cried from laughing so hard. George Carlin was an angry man, and then an angry old man, and then a sad old angry man.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Carlin's last two HBO specials are completely unwatchable because they are just the inane ramblings of an old man who has lost his touch.

    I watched his last one, where he talks about going down the list of friends who had died of old age

    and that's when I knew his day was coming, and that he was just an old, depressed guy filled with bitterness.

    JKKaAGp.png
  • LudiousLudious Festering butt-snuffler Dickville, pop: meRegistered User regular
    "wrong reasons"

    Oh god the pretention


    Google Talk: ludious83
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    No, Louis C.K. is funny. Like, I've cried from laughing so hard. George Carlin was an angry man, and then an angry old man, and then a sad old angry man.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Carlin's last two HBO specials are completely unwatchable because they are just the inane ramblings of an old man who has lost his touch.

    I watched his last one, where he talks about going down the list of friends who had died of old age

    and that's when I knew his day was coming, and that he was just an old, depressed guy filled with bitterness.

    Isn't his last one the one where he's basically wearing pajamas and slippers? It was just so pathetic to see.

  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    "wrong reasons"

    Oh god the pretention

    Yeah, how dare he stop what he was doing when he felt that his work wasn't received in the way he wanted it to be

    that's so pretentious

    JKKaAGp.png
  • EchoEcho very gravitas Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    SCIENTISTS IN THE FUTURE HAVE STUDIED YOUR ASS FOR CENTURIES AND SENT ME BACK IN TIME TO KICK IT

    MY FOOT WILL TRANSFORM INTO A FOOT WITH YOUR ASS WRAPPED AROUND IT

This discussion has been closed.